Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? (8867 Views)

Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve / Can God Forgive Satan Or Can Satan Ask For Forgiveness? / "Why Couldn't God Forgive Satan?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by ijawkid(m): 4:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
Meaning if I had existed In the time of emperor constantine I would have been banished or killed.!!!!!!...

Na wa o.......
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by MrAnony1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
plaetton:

I chuckle at how both of you ride on each other's pigtail.

grin tongue
Ihedinobi is my twin.

I chuckle at how you chuckle at me and my twin. grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
frosbel:

The divinity of Christ as the SON of GOD is unquestionable and neither is his Lordship.

However , the Trinity doctrine as perpetuated by the catholic church over a number of centuries is grossly misrepresentative of the biblical position.

The biblical position which must always be taken at face value simply portrays Jesus as the Son of God who sacrificed his life as ordained by the Father for the redemption of mankind from SIN.

The 3-god God is totally contrary and in some ways almost blasphemous to God.

How on earth can people come up with a most improbable mathematical formula of 1+1+1 = 3 , this is truly baffling.

Let us look at it again from a purely logical perspective.

X = God the father is a person, with his own mind, intellect and will = 1

Y = God the SON is a person , with his own mind , intellect and will = 1

Z = God the Holy Spirit is a person, with his own mind, intellect and will = 1

Find W

The most plausible answer will be :

W = X + Y + Z

W = 1 + 1 + 1

W = 3

But according to the Trinitairan this answer is wrong.

It should actually be

W = X X Y X Z

W = 1 x 1 x 1

W = 1

How they arrived at this answer is not only incomprehensible, it is also the bedrock of confusion in many churches today.

This is the sentiment for pursuing this discussion with you: we're not about to decide who's right or who's wrong because both of us could very well be wrong; we'll just try to learn the Truth. I say so so that we don't start a war again. I don't like the memories of those skirmishes we had, but I can endure them better than I can endure another show of belligerence.

So, if it's fine with you, I could start a thread to deal with all the points of difficulty with the doctrine of the Trinity that you are willing to point out. I believe that we will also examine unitarianism while we're at it.

Are you game?
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by MrAnony1(m): 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
Deep Sight:

Yes. But I have done so a great many times already.

If you must discuss it, can we start from addressing these verses please -

Jesus said not to call him " good " as only God is good.[Mark 10:18].

Jesus said he was only a human mediator [1Timothy 2:5].

Jesus said the Father is greater than he is [John 14:28].

Jesus said not to hold on to him, because he too has a God, he said clearly that he worships God, and that he would ascend to his GOD [John 20:17].

Jesus said he was a mere messenger of God and that believers should know God only [John 17:3].

Jesus said he is not omniscient and that there are some things he does not know but only the father knows. [Mark 13:32]?

Omniscience is an attribute of God and so Jesus cannot be God.

Peter wrote that Jesus has a God and Father [1st Peter 1:3].

Luke wrote that Jesus was only a mere man accredited by God [Acts 2:22]

Jesus prayed to God to forgive sinners. [Luke 23.34].

Jesus showed the possibility of a dichotomy of will between himself and God in his Gethsemane Prayer.[Luke 22:42]

The parable of the Vineyard is also cardinal. [Mathew 21: 33-46].

On top of all this, Jesus is described in scripture as the only begotten son of God. The relevant source greek word is monogenes. Being begotten indicates having a beginning. As such, since Jesus had a beginning, he cannot be God, because God is eternal and self existent and has no beginning.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Word!

cheesy
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ihedinobi:

This is the sentiment for pursuing this discussion with you: we're not about to decide who's right or who's wrong because both of us could very well be wrong; we'll just try to learn the Truth. I say so so that we don't start a war again. I don't like the memories of those skirmishes we had, but I can endure them better than I can endure another show of belligerence.

So, if it's fine with you, I could start a thread to deal with all the points of difficulty with the doctrine of the Trinity that you are willing to point out. I believe that we will also examine unitarianism while we're at it.

Are you game?

Mate , I am not going down the route of a cyclic endless argument just for the sake of it.

I say Nay - thanks.

Our positions are fixed in parallels, never to meet from eternity without end grin

A question was asked, and I rightly or wrongly responded.

Allow me humbly take my exit from this article.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
plaetton:

I chuckle at how both of you ride on each other's pigtail.

grin tongue

Yeah, I chuckle at how you chuckle at me and my twin. tongue Go find yours tongue tongue
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
ijawkid: Meaning if I had existed In the time of emperor constantine I would have been banished or killed.!!!!!!...

Na wa o.......

Actually no, you wouldn't have. You would simply be regarded by fellow Christians as an unbeliever and not been allowed into fellowship with them. It seems violence (apparently stopping short of actual murder) began with the Arians who denied the Trinity and used the power of Constantine's son when he became emperor after his father to destroy the doctrine of the Trinity.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
frosbel:

Mate , I am not going down the route of a cyclic endless argument just for the sake of it.

I say Nay - thanks.

Our positions are fixed in parallels, never to meet from eternity without end grin

A question was asked, and I rightly or wrongly responded.

Allow me humbly take my exit from this article.

Ok then.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
plaetton: I am talking about the Nicean creed and its impact, and how its has shaped what christians beleive, and you are talking about what faith means to you. Off topic.

Is it really? You decided that the Christian's faith is defined by the Nicene creed and I said that that's wrong. Even if the Christian does accept the details of the Nicene creed as true, it is not believing those things that make one a Christian.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ihedinobi:

lol...... You really didn't get it? smiley

did you?

the story of the prodigal son for me is the perfect illustration of the concepts of repentance and forgiveness. I just wanna sure Anony is not giving it a new spin to spoil it for me.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Why would God have it that way? Because God by nature of who He is, must mete out justice.

justice, yes but not punishment.
this is where a big problem lies for you: you cant seem to make a distinction between the two. you seem to think that once there's an infringement. God has to punish somebody...anybody.

Mr_Anony:
The sacrifice of Christ - having been crucified and resurrected - is how God shows mercy and at the same time metes out justice.

did Jesus Christ teach you that? because according to you Jesus determines the articles of the christian faith.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 5:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Ihedinobi
my second question: did Jesus himself teach the trinity in clear, unambiguous terms?
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
F00028:

did you?

the story of the prodigal son for me is the perfect illustration of the concepts of repentance and forgiveness. I just wanna sure Anony is not giving it a new spin to spoil it for me.

I believe I did. smiley The father was not interested in the son's wrong. He'd been waiting all that time for him to come home to him, so instead of talking about what he had done wrong and what he had to pay, he threw a party for him.

It does speak of repentance and forgiveness though. Forgiveness releases the forgiven from every demand of Justice. Repentance does not. Repentance is the hand with which we accept forgiveness or punishment as the case may be. If what is given is forgiveness, Justice will be satisfied by another, mostly the one who sues for Mercy. If what is given is punishment, then it is the penitent who satisfies Justice. Mercy only diverts Justice from the deserving.

In the case of the parable of the lost son, there is actually a beautiful thing about the killing of that fattened calf. When the older son demanded to be shown the justice of his father's actions, his father told him that his brother had been dead but was now alive. Is it too great a stretch of the imagination to say that the calf took the rightful position of that young man?
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
F00028: @Ihedinobi
my second question: did Jesus himself teach the trinity in clear, unambiguous terms?

But I have answered this question in two forms already, haven't I? Once in my response to Ptolomeus and once in the excerpt I extracted for you specifically.

There is no ambiguity in the Bible about the Trinity. But neither is there any crystallized teaching on it. I have explained why. You cannot teach fundamentals. You submit fundamentals and found arguments upon them. Jesus did that. He never said, "now I shall teach you about the Trinity of God", but He most certainly said, "I will send you from the Father the Spirit of Truth Who proceeds from Him and He will testify of me". He also very definitely said, as you quoted, "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one God."

My point is that the teachings of the Bible assume the Trinity. So the best way and, in fact, only way to show it in discussion is to show you how the teachings of the Bible reflect it and what would happen to them if it were not true.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ihedinobi:

But I have answered this question in two forms already, haven't I? Once in my response to Ptolomeus and once in the excerpt I extracted for you specifically.

There is no ambiguity in the Bible about the Trinity. But neither is there any crystallized teaching on it. I have explained why. You cannot teach fundamentals. You submit fundamentals and found arguments upon them. Jesus did that. He never said, "now I shall teach you about the Trinity of God", but He most certainly said, "I will send you from the Father the Spirit of Truth Who proceeds from Him and He will testify of me". He also very definitely said, as you quoted, "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one God."

My point is that the teachings of the Bible assume the Trinity. So the best way and, in fact, only way to show it in discussion is to show you how the teachings of the Bible reflect it and what would happen to them if it were not true.

I am sorry but I read this and had to add......

1. You said "There is no ambiguity in the Bible about the Trinity " - actually there is , otherwise the confusion we see today will be non-existent
2. You said "But neither is there any crystallized teaching on it " - only reinforces the confusion
3. You said "My point is that the teachings of the Bible assume the Trinity." - Open ended statement. You cannot base your arguments on assumptions.

thanks.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by MrAnony1(m): 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
F00028:

justice, yes but not punishment.
this is where a big problem lies for you: you cant seem to make a distinction between the two. you seem to think that once there's an infringement. God has to punish somebody...anybody.
Perhaps, you may want to give me your definition of justice as regards crime and punishment.

did Jesus Christ teach you that? because according to you Jesus determines the articles of the christian faith.
Oh yes He did!

Lol, anyway, I think I have been able to pass across to you the message of salvation and I believe your have gotten it because the questions you are asking now are no longer questions that truly seek answers rather questions that you are hoping will destabilize me.

You may want to study Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus in John chapter 3

I know the next card you'll probably want to play now is "Where did Jesus really say....?" (hmm, I remember a serpent who said something like that in Genesis, lol)

I think I am done with tangents for now, please I implore you to study John 3 and tell me what you understood. And then perhaps we can have a really interesting and engaging conversation
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
frosbel:

1. You said "There is no ambiguity in the Bible about the Trinity " - actually there is , otherwise the confusion we see today will be non-existent

Not necessarily. Ambiguity works in two ways. I can speak something clearly to you. For instance, I say, "my name is Ihedinobi". No confusions, right? But then, you learn a little Igbo and ask me "does that mean that you are the thing in the mind or the desire of the heart? Should I call you Desire or Thought?" In that case, then perception is the thing suffering from ambiguity. I did make clear what my name is. But you're not sure anymore what it is, if at all you're sure that I gave a name. The blame for that is not really mine.

frosbel: 2. You said "But neither is there any crystallized teaching on it " - only reinforces the confusion

Not quite. We are told in school that unless you keep spending energy on systems, they eventually fall apart. We are told that the reason is that everything tends toward a state of greater disorder. When we ask what that means, we are told that it means that unless a system continues to receive energy, it eventually falls apart.

Is that confusing?

What if instead we are taught that all matter is actually energy and there is a constant exchange between the two, so that when a system receives energy, some of it is consumed inside it to keep it functioning and the rest is given out in useful forms and heat. When we ask why it works that way, we're told that it's because there's a law of entropy that makes systems tend toward greater and greater disorder barring any fresh input of energy.

I haven't really said in that what entropy is, just that it is and we see evidence of it in certain ways. Do you find it confusing?

frosbel: 3. You said "My point is that the teachings of the Bible assume the Trinity." - Open ended statement. You cannot base your arguments on assumptions.

How so? There is no argument that is not based on an assumption. An assumption is not some fanciful idea one pulls out of thin air to found an argument upon. It is essentially an accepted first principle discerned by observation which has not failed of consistency and which is relevant to the context of the discussion. Without it, there can be no real argument or possibility of consensus.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Enigma(m): 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Like Mr Anony said, no, it does not? I will go further to say that it only attempts to articulate our faith. It's not just "things" that we Christians believe, we believe in a Person. That means that we trust, count on, depend on and lay hold upon a Person. That is our protestation. That whatever we may be wrong about or not understand well, we are utterly satisfied that He is enough for us.

The effort of our intelligence is to comprehend Him, to apprehend and be apprehended by Him. And considering that it is God of Whom we speak, the vastness of Him cannot be fully and finally caught in any creed. The basis or foundation may be, but not the fullness.

You could say that in summary I have said that we do not have articles of faith. We have an object of Faith and His name is Jesus Christ.

Ihedinobi:

lol.... You see, the problem here is that you have taken historical information put a spin on it and named it fact and demand that we accept it. Why should we? Can you cite any authority that supports your submission that Christianity was practically defined and established at that council?

Well said in both posts.

The thing is that no matter though how much you explain and provide proof that should satisfy any reasonable person to some of the people here, tomorrow they will still keep shouting Nicea, Nicea, Nicea.

In truth all these things have been dealt with to the knowledge (though maybe not understanding or acceptance) of these people. Whether it is the role of the Nicene Council, suggestions/evidence of the Trinity in the Old Testament etc etc. You will find threads addressing these things in the archives here.

I actually once did a thread specifically on whether the Trinity doctrine was "invented" at the Nicene council and even quoted extensively from a Wikipedia entry outlining how early Christians demonstrated belief in the Trinity hundreds of years before the Nicene council and have pointed it out to some of our friends.

https://www.nairaland.com/497445/trinity-doctrine-invented-council-meeting/2#7181702

But people will believe what they want to believe and say what they want to say -------- well they do say I harp on about intellectual honesty. I think people who are intellectually honest will not harp on that I demand for it in discussions. smiley

cool

1 Like

Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2012
Enigma:

I actually once did a thread specifically on whether the Trinity doctrine was "invented" at the Nicene council and even quoted extensively from a Wikipedia entry outlining how early Christians demonstrated belief in the Trinity humdreds of years before the Nicene council and have pointed it out to some of our friends.

And why is it not mentioned and described explicitly in the Bible. Why must Trinitarians pick a few verses here and a few verses there to form a doctrine that is at best a pile of confusion to many.

Surely these truths should be clearly spelt out in scripture , no ?

Why did Paul not talk about it, or Peter or the brothers of Jesus , James and Jude.

These early Christians you keep referring to must have known something the apostles didn't.

But people will believe what they want to believe and say what they want to say -------- well they do say I harp on about intellectual honesty. I think people who are intellectually honest will not harp on that I demand for it in discussions. smiley

Well , we are intellectually honest when we say that your theory of the Trinity is invalid, we need not hear from you or your cohorts to come to this conclusion.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Enigma(m): 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
frosbel: . . . . Well , we are intellectually honest when we say that your theory of the Trinity is invalid, we need not hear from you or your cohorts to come to this conclusion.

What I have always said is that to attribute the idea of the Trinity as an "invention" of/at the Nicene council is due to ignorance or intellectual dishonesty. wink

I stand by that. smiley

cool

1 Like

Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
frosbel:

2. You said "But neither is there any crystallized teaching on it " - only reinforces the confusion
3. You said "My point is that the teachings of the Bible assume the Trinity." - Open ended statement. You cannot base your arguments on assumptions.

thanks.
well I rest my case.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
F00028:
well I rest my case.

Do you really? Consider my responses to those points before you do o.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
Enigma:

Well said in both posts.

The thing is that no matter though how much you explain and provide proof that should satisfy any reasonable person to some of the people here, tomorrow they will still keep shouting Nicea, Nicea, Nicea.

In truth all these things have been dealt with to the knowledge (though maybe not understanding or acceptance) of these people. Whether it is the role of the Nicene Council, suggestions/evidence of the Trinity in the Old Testament etc etc. You will find threads addressing these things in the archives here.

I actually once did a thread specifically on whether the Trinity doctrine was "invented" at the Nicene council and even quoted extensively from a Wikipedia entry outlining how early Christians demonstrated belief in the Trinity hundreds of years before the Nicene council and have pointed it out to some of our friends.

https://www.nairaland.com/497445/trinity-doctrine-invented-council-meeting/2#7181702

cool

I agree.

You have mail, bro.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Enigma(m): 8:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I agree.

You have mail, bro.

Bros, I bin don see am; earlier on in the day I was going to start replying but realised I was too tired. E go be tomorrow by God's grace. smiley
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
Enigma:

Bros, I bin don see am; earlier on in the day I was going to start replying but realised I was too tired. E go be tomorrow by God's grace. smiley

Ok smiley
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Perhaps, you may want to give me your definition of justice as regards crime and punishment.

Oh yes He did!

Lol, anyway, I think I have been able to pass across to you the message of salvation and I believe your have gotten it because the questions you are asking now are no longer questions that truly seek answers rather questions that you are hoping will destabilize me.

You may want to study Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus in John chapter 3

I know the next card you'll probably want to play now is "Where did Jesus really say....?" (hmm, I remember a serpent who said something like that in Genesis, lol)

I think I am done with tangents for now, please I implore you to study John 3 and tell me what you understood. And then perhaps we can have a really interesting and engaging conversation

sigh...there you go again assuming too much. not everything is about you.

and about john 3, am not studying anything. if you haven't understood it find some else to teach it to you.

I think I am done with your acrobatics. you just dont have the answers and are not man enough to admit it.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
Enigma:

What I have always said is that to attribute the idea of the Trinity as an "invention" of/at the Nicene council is due to ignorance or intellectual dishonesty. wink

I stand by that. smiley

cool

so it was invented elsewhere. how does that make it anymore valid?
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Do you really? Consider my responses to those points before you do o.
I just did and if it was your intention to confuse me so I forget the original query...you succeeded.

now my third question: since none of the prophets of old taught the trinity, Jesus Christ himself didn't teach it, how did you get it?
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
F00028:
I just did and if it was your intention to confuse me so I forget the original query...you succeeded.

now my third question: since none of the prophets of old taught the trinity, Jesus Christ himself didn't teach it, how did you get it?

Let me explain our situation a little to you. You have asked me two questions demanding yes-or-no answers neither of which options was adequate. So, I explained that while there is no crystallized, that is, standalone, focused teaching on the Trinity attributable to either Old Testament prophets or to Jesus Himself, all their teachings were founded upon it. I explained further that this is because teachings/arguments/discourses are always premised.

Assumptions must be made by the teacher. They form the premises for his delivery. The teachings of any given authority are only as valid and authoritative as their premises.

Then I claim that these people you asked about premised their teachings upon the Trinity. In saying so, I have answered all three questions you have now asked. I have declared that they taught the Trinity even without devoting specific attention to it. I have also declared that I got my knowledge of the Trinity from their own teachings.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Let me explain our situation a little to you. You have asked me two questions demanding yes-or-no answers neither of which options was adequate. So, I explained that while there is no crystallized, that is, standalone, focused teaching on the Trinity attributable to either Old Testament prophets or to Jesus Himself, all their teachings were founded upon it.

Sorry , but how can a teaching be founded on a subject that is not mentioned , not even once.

In relation to the most important goal of the gospels which is our salvation, the Trinity is not mentioned, in Hebrews 6 where it talks about not laying again the foundation of the basics of our faith, it is not mentioned, ever.

Why is the bible silent on this subject thereby requiring a multitude of teachers to search the scriptures earnestly for proof that it exists ?

Surely if this was such an important topic which required a tremendous amount of teaching , at least somewhere this Concept would have been mentioned , no ?

If not in English at least in Greek !!

I explained further that this is because teachings/arguments/discourses are always premised.

You cannot presuppose a concept that is not specifically depicted in scripture.

God is not in the business of confusion.

Matthew 5:37 Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No ...
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more ... But let your word be Yea, yea; Nay, nay; but what is more than these is from evil.

Assumptions must be made by the teacher. They form the premises for his delivery. The teachings of any given authority are only as valid and authoritative as their premises.

It might be valid in the scientific world where fact can be sometimes relative, however in the bible world , with God especially, there are no assumptions, it is a resounding yes or an opposite no.

Then I claim that these people you asked about premised their teachings upon the Trinity. In saying so, I have answered all three questions you have now asked. I have declared that they taught the Trinity even without devoting specific attention to it. I have also declared that I got my knowledge of the Trinity from their own teachings.

You said " they taught the Trinity even without devoting specific attention to it " , you are now treading on the ground of philosophical impossibilities.

You cannot teach on a subject without devoting much attention to it.

One would have thought that a very important subject like the Trinity will be explicitly stated in scripture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Indians Are Throwing their Idols Inside River For Not Saving India From Covid-19 / 10 Ways Atheism Qualify As A Religion / Nairaland Book Of Proverbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.