Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? (8876 Views)

Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve / Can God Forgive Satan Or Can Satan Ask For Forgiveness? / "Why Couldn't God Forgive Satan?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
F00028:
so if they are three distinct entities they cant be one at the same time. such a fantastic qualification the One that is God has no clear basis in any of the pronouncments of Jesus who you say is the final word.

but the one way your precious trinity would work is you abolish the biblical God as an entity and reestablish Him as a function. I bet you the trinity would work then.

Do you think perhaps at some point you'll stop equating God to man? You'd be amazed what happens then. I bet you the Trinity will work then smiley
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ihedinobi:

So?

There is a sense in which you are wrong. Examples like "you look an awful lot like....(somebody)"; "his way of thinking sometimes has me thinking he's really......(somebody)"; "there's something about those two. If they didn't look so different, you'd think that they're the same guy. Dude A cries at the movies, hates snakes, thinks sunsets are pink. If you went camping with Dude B, you'd think every vine was a snake, if you went to the movies with Dude B, you'd need new handkerchiefs the next day, if you hung out at a beach with Dude B, you'd think the sun was created by a girl" come to mind. They tell you that in a sense, a person's spirit is them, their soul is them, their body is them.

a dead body is not considered a person and neither would a person's spirit. it would be called so and so's spirit.

Ihedinobi:

How does "these three are one" contradict "the Lord our God is one God"?
because "these three are one" makes no sense and is not consistent with the clear teachings of Jesus and the prophets. "the Lord our God is one God" however, not only makes sense shows consistency.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
F00028:

a dead body is not considered a person and neither would a person's spirit. it would be called so and so's spirit.

By refusing to note the point in "in a sense", you're escalating the argument.

because "these three are one" makes no sense and is not consistent with the clear teachings of Jesus and the prophets. "the Lord our God is one God" however, not only makes sense shows consistency.

One human being plus one human being plus one human being equals three human beings. Why? Because a human being is a finite entity. The math holds with all finite things. We know God to be infinite. Tell me now how that turns out in your reasoning.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
Double post
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Do you think perhaps at some point you'll stop equating God to man? You'd be amazed what happens then. I bet you the Trinity will work then smiley

well the bible makes that almost impossible. 'cos it keeps throwing stuff at you like:
God is a man,
He weeps,
He begets,
He repents,
He wrestles...and is beaten.
etc, etc
you know, stuff like that makes it pretty darn difficult if not impossible.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
F00028:

well the bible makes that almost impossible. 'cos it keeps throwing stuff at you like:
God is a man,
He weeps,
He begets,
He repents,
He wrestles...and is beaten.
etc, etc
you know, stuff like that makes it pretty darn difficult if not impossible.

If man is a "subset" of God, then it is conceivable that God can be explained to some extent by man's behavior. But also by dint of being a "subset" of God, he is inadequate in explaining God. Does that make any sense to you?
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2012
Jeremiah 33:3
New International Version (NIV)
3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ihedinobi:

By refusing to note the point in "in a sense", you're escalating the argument.
you're right. let's just let it go. Anony said it wasn't a perfect example anyway.

Ihedinobi:

One human being plus one human being plus one human being equals three human beings. Why? Because a human being is a finite entity. The math holds with all finite things. We know God to be infinite. Tell me now how that turns out in your reasoning.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, Ihedinobi, but Jesus was a human being and as I recall a very important part of that equation.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
F00028:
you're right. let's just let it go. Anony said it wasn't a perfect example anyway.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, Ihedinobi, but Jesus was a human being and as I recall a very important part of that equation.

Can you imagine what would happen if that bolded word were changed to "became"? You'd hit upon the wonder and beauty of the Gospel and the glory of the Trinity.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by tidytim: 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Can you imagine what would happen if that bolded word were changed to "became"? You'd hit upon the wonder and beauty of the Gospel and the glory of the Trinity.
why would I do that? such a deliberate distortion.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 22, 2012
F00028:
why would I do that? such a deliberate distortion.

"deliberate distortion"? I thought we were both discussing using information from the Bible. Are we? Or am I laboring under a false assumption?
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by F00028: 7:46am On Sep 23, 2012
okay.
why would I do that?
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2012
F00028: okay.
why would I do that?

Because the Bible says so. If we are arguing and discussing assuming the Bible is sufficient authority, then the word can change because the change would agree with the Bible.
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:50am On Sep 29, 2012
The bible god does not do forgiveness, bro.
plaetton: According to the gospels, shortly before his death on the cross, Jesus asked god to forgive those that crucified him because they did not know what they were doing.

In typical fashion,christians are always quick to make reference to this act of forgiveness.
But when I think about this, I am puzzled by its broader implications.

So, do you really think that god forgave those that crucified Jesus?
Re: Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? by Kobojunkie: 4:41am On May 26, 2021
plaetton:
According to the gospels, shortly before his death on the cross, Jesus asked god to forgive those that crucified him because they did not know what they were doing.

In typical fashion,christians are always quick to make reference to this act of forgiveness.
But when I think about this, I am puzzled by its broader implications.

So, do you really think that god forgave those that crucified Jesus?
Jesus Christ asked God while He was yet on the cross asked God to forgive them of their sins so ofcourse God did. undecided

Forgiveness is just that forgiveness... the only unforgivable crime is blasphemy- against God in the Old Covenant, and against the Spirit of God in the New Covenant - so abandon all ideas suggesting the existence of "broader implications" where forgiveness of sins is concerned. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? / Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.