Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (31387 Views)

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / Jonathan’s Igbo Internet Warriors Are A Disgrace To Humanity By C. Don Adinuba / Bringbackjonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
All we need is "LOVE" not religions!
Religion breeds intolerance, violence and its only unbiased minds that can truly worship their "God"

Only a genuine understanding and a living wholistic Love can save humanity from the perfidy of religion.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:
Are Turkish Muslims as violent (with regard to religiously motivated violence) or as prone to Islamist terrorism as some other Muslim nations around the world? I don't think so. My point is that the culture (such as European enlightenment culture vs. rigid, ascetic Middle Eastern cultures) is what is most relevant to how a religion is being practiced in 2012.

Islamic dictates are specifically suppressed in Turkey for over 80 years by government-enforced secularity.

Unlike most other countries, a mad cleric cannot be running a belligerent mosque or going to mosques and giving hate speeches unchallenged in Turkey.

The current president was even initially blocked by the Constitutional Court from participating in presidential elections purely because of his Islamic views and his wife wearing a hijab.

Even the Turkish army is carefully scrutinized and ensured is led by secularists.

That suppression, in combination with Islam being the primary and unchallenged religion in Turkey, is the core reason why Turkish Muslims are less-to-none violent.

That does not say little cases of islamic violence does not occur in Turkey:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Santoro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zirve_Publishing_House_massacre

Now that Islamists have won electoral power, people are a bit concerned about this. So far, the leaders have been moderate islamists (with eagle eyes on them), that does not mean future ones would also be.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Katsumoto: 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:

Islamic dictates are specifically supressed in Turkey for over 80 years by government-enforced secularity.

Unlike most other countries, a mad cleric cannot be running a belligerent mosque or going to mosques and giving hate speeches unchallenged in Turkey.

The current president was even initially blocked by the Constitutional Court from participating in presidential elections purely because of his Islamic views and his wife wearing a hijab.

Even the Trukish army is carefully scrutinized and ensured is led by secularists.

That suppression, in combination with Islam being the primary and unchallenged religion in Turkey, is the core reason why Turkish Muslims are less-to-none violent.

That does not say little cases of islamic violence does not occur in Turkey:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Santoro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zirve_Publishing_House_massacre

Now that Islamists have won electoral power, people are a bit concerned about this. So far, the leaders have been moderate islamists (with eagle eyes on them), that does not mean future ones would also be.

Many folks do not even know that Kemal Ataturk designed Turkish secularity so as to dissociate the new republic from its barbaric ottoman past.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

Many folks do not even know that Kemal Ataturk designed Turkish secularity so as to dissociate the new republic from its barbaric ottoman past.

Ataturk had always loved the West. He dressed like Westerners, paid regular visits to Western countries and even "modernized" his country along Western lines. Consequently we could say the Turks were "fortunate" to have had a leader like him.

That's more than we can say for most other Muslim-majority countries.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:
person, person counts as a label for those with limited to no thinking faculty/functions.

tut, tut, tut, sagamite what did I just say?

HINT: "no, sagamite and other ignorant buffoons need not answer because screaming “person!” wont count as a rebuttal."

if they cant grow your a brain isnt there some medication your can take? undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
F00028:

tut, tut, tut, sagamite what did I just say?

HINT: "no, sagamite and other ignorant buffoons need not answer because screaming “person!” wont count as a rebuttal."

if they cant grow your a brain isnt there some medication your can take? undecided

Shut up, person!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
cheddarking: Goddamn...

I always know shymmex was intellectually bankrupt, but his posts on this thread REALLY should be preserved for all eternity as the thought process of a classic fool.

How can anyone be this STUP1D?

Goddamn....

Rich, coming a guy who didn't know England is a country...... Bwahahahaha

And you stay biting my style...

You can only try, but you can never be shymmex... grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite

When are you going to answer my question?? grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:

The fooool does not know how the medieval times is (sic) utterly different to (sic) the modern times especially post-globalisation.

hey fucktardamite! yes you.

is this supposed to be some intellectual insight? hope you didn't over stress both sides of your small brain grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by JazzFreak(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
[quote author=cheddarking]Do you worship My God? No? You Must Die.

Oh You worship my God? Do you worship him My way? No? You must die.

Guy, you don kolo ..oooo O ! grin
You mean say all way na die.

Great way to capture the nonsense we've got: "Religious Extremism"
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx: Sagamite

When are you going to answer my question?? grin

When we are clear you have been treated from your fucktardic escapism and realise putting up another person's work and pass it off as yours is shymexxing plagiarism. grin grin grin

F00028:

hey fucktardamite! yes you.

is this supposed to be some intellectual insight? hope you didn't over stress both sides of your small brain grin

person, would you be able to decipher what is intellectual and what is not? grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
cheddarking: Do you worship My God? No? You Must Die.

Oh You worship my God? Do you worship him My way? No? You must die.

In the world of madrassa-educated fucktards like F00028 (person No. 28), that is provocation so the killing was justified. grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:
When we are clear you have been treated from your fucktardic escapism and realise putting up another person's work and pass it off as yours is shymexxing plagiarism. grin grin grin

We'll talk about that on another thread...

This thread is about religion, stop trying to change the topic...

Please, answer my questions!!!

24hours is enough to get a proof to back up your claims on the internet, dolt... bwahahahahahaha

SHYMMEX = SAGAMITE KILLER!!! cool cool
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 3:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:

In the world of madrassa-educated fucktards like F00028 (person No. 28), that is provocation so the killing was justified. grin

yeah, madrassa EDUCATED! something you dont know anything about. plus we got androids with data plans so you wont be able to get away with much anymore.

shymexx:

answer the question, f_u.ck re.tard
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

We'll talk about that on another thread...

This thread is about religion, stop trying to change the topic...

24hours is enough to get a proof to back up your claims on the internet, dolt... bwahahahahahaha

SHYMMEX = SAGAMITE KILLER!!! cool cool

This thread is about makings sense, not being a person!

I don't waste my time with fucktards!

Definitely not fucktards that will say priest were molesting kids in the name of God.

Definitely not fucktards that will say copying someone's elses entire essay and displaying it as your own is not plagiarism.

Shymexx = Plagiarism grin grin grin

When you have a brain, you can ask me questions.

F00028:

yeah, madrassa EDUCATED! something you dont know anything about. plus we got androids with data plans so you wont be able to get away with much anymore.

answer the question, f_u.ck re.tard

Madrassa person, you are not in a position to ask me questions too. grin

I don't negotiate with terrorists. cheesy
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
I love NL!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

People are already using the shymexx = plagiarism lingo.

http://www.google.com.ng/cse?cx=partner-pub-6465801557104924%3A8423452970&ie=UTF-8&q=shymmexing&sa=Search&siteurl=www.nairaland.com%2F1056647%2Freligion-against-humanity-wole-soyinka%2F12%2312328793&ref=www.nairaland.com%2Fmodifypost%3Fredirect%3D%252F1056647%252Freligion-against-humanity-wole-soyinka%252F12%252312328793%26post%3D12328793&ss=3937j2935821j10#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=shymmexing&gsc.page=1

http://www.google.com.ng/cse?cx=partner-pub-6465801557104924%3A8423452970&ie=UTF-8&q=shymmexing&sa=Search&siteurl=www.nairaland.com%2F1056647%2Freligion-against-humanity-wole-soyinka%2F12%2312328793&ref=www.nairaland.com%2Fmodifypost%3Fredirect%3D%252F1056647%252Freligion-against-humanity-wole-soyinka%252F12%252312328793%26post%3D12328793&ss=3937j2935821j10#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=shymexxing

Continue living in delusional escapism. grin grin grin grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

Rich, coming a guy who didn't know England is a country...... Bwahahahaha

And you stay biting my style...

You can only try, but you can never be shymmex... grin

What is this 1diot saying?

I live in England!

Stop showing yourself up Brah...You're fast becoming a BRAND of stupid1ty...

Do you really want the word 'shymmex' to become a double entendre? to mean both a LIAR and/or a FOOL?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

Where is the reward for virgins written in the Qu'ran?

Can you provide an evidence to back up your claims?

To Answer your question:

(QURAN 37:40-4 : "In the Gardens of Paradise, Facing one another on thrones, Round them will be passed a cup of pure wine; White, delicious to the drinkers, Neither they will have any kind of hurt, abdominal pain, headache, or sin, nor will they suffer intoxication from it. And with them will be chaste females, restraining their glances, with wide and beautiful eyes."

(QURAN 44:51-55): "Verily! The righteous will be in Paradise. Among Gardens and Springs; Dressed in fine silk and also in thick silk, facing each other, and We shall marry them to Houris with wide, lovely eyes."

(QURAN 52: 17-20): "Verily, for those who fear Allah there will be Gardens in Paradise, filled with Delight. Enjoying in that which their Lord has bestowed on them, and the fact that their Lord saved them from the torment of the blazing Fire. The Lord will say: ‘Eat and drink with happiness because of what you used to do’. They will recline with ease on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Houris with wide lovely eyes."

(QURAN 55:54-59): "Reclining upon the couches lined with silk brocade, and the fruits of the Gardens will be near at hand. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Wherein will be those houris, restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse before. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? In beauty they are like rubies and coral. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?"

(QURAN 55:70-77): "Therein gardens will be fair wives good and beautiful; Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Houris restrained in pavilions; Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Whom no man has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse before. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Reclining on green cushions and rich beautiful mattresses. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?"

(QURAN 56:37-40): "...We created the houris and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand…."

(QURAN 78:31-34): "As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and [size=28pt]high-bosomed virgins for companion[/size]s: a truly overflowing cup."

Now kindly show us your proof that priests molest young boys such as yourself IN THE NAME OF GOD!

3 Likes

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:

Madrassa person, you are not in a position to ask me questions too. grin

I don't negotiate with terrorists. cheesy

imbécil! you negotiate with people that want something from you! :-/

I bet you just heard that line in a movie and have been dying to use it.

and it's not my question it's shymexx'. answer it.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
F00028:

imbécil! you negotiate with people that want something from you! :-/

I bet you just heard that line in a movie and have been dying to use it.

and it's not my question it's shymexx'. answer it.

Note that the said question has been answered by my post immediately above yours.

Shall I post it again for your benefit?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 5:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
F00028: You christians that think this soyinka spoke for you keep in mind he also said:

History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future...

Now why do you expect any rational person to overlook the fact Christianity, is a religion who adherents have given this world so much bloodshed, destruction and plunder (under whatever guise)?

I challenge anybody prove different.

(facts and figures please)

no, sagamite and other ignorant buffoons need not answer because screaming “person!” wont count as a rebuttal.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 5:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Does high bosom = small chest?

If so, does the Koran have provisions for big-breasted virgins with nice azz too? grin

And hopefully the girls aren't fugly either...it would suck to blow yourself up in the name of Islam, then receive 77 chicks you aren't even attracted to cheesy
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Does high bosom = small chest?

If so, does the Koran have provisions for big-breasted virgins with nice azz too? grin

And hopefully the girls aren't fugly either...it would suck to blow yourself up in the name of Islam, then receive 77 chicks you aren't even attracted to cheesy

I just tire for them...

The Koran actually promises Baywatch Chicks complete with Bikini and maybe your own everlasting theme song if you're really good...
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
cheddarking:

I just tire for them...

The Koran actually promises Baywatch Chicks complete with Bikini and maybe your own everlasting theme song if you're really good...

Please find a verse promising 0rgies with said baywatch chicks in heaven. If so, then I will convert to islam myself and go kill some christians or hindus grin

Me + Gabrielle Union + Meagan Good?

Allahu Akbar!!!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Does high bosom = small chest?

duh...those verses be describing how muslims be chillin' in heaven. I ain't seen nuthin about no 77 VIRGINS AS A REWARD FOR DYING A VIOLENT DEATH.

did you?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
ekt_bear:

Please find a verse promising 0rgies with said baywatch chicks in heaven. If so, then I will convert to islam myself and go kill some christians or hindus grin

Me + Gabrielle Union + Meagan Good?

Allahu Akbar!!!

Allow Gabrielle Union, Na that Tulisa I wan catch....

Me + Tulisa + Kim K

And I will blow up anybody's father grin grin grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 5:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
F00028:

duh...those verses be describing how muslims be chillin' in heaven. I ain't seen nuthin about no 77 VIRGINS AS A REWARD FOR DYING A VIOLENT DEATH.

did you?

Its relative bruv...

The Koran describes the reward for the righteous here:

QURAN 78:31-34: "As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high-bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup."

And then explains who the righteous are HERE:

QURAN 9:123:"O you who believe, fight those of the unbelievers near you and let them see how harsh you can be. Know that Allah is with the righteous."
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
(QURAN 56:37-40): "...We created the houris and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand…."

(QURAN 78:31-34): "As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high-bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup."

^^^^Where did it say that terrorist would be entitled to 77 virgins by blowing themselves up??

Do you even understand basic English??
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
These ignorant pseudo-intellectuals stay messing up my IQ... One don't understand basic English, while the other is a lousy stonker...

Go debate hillbillies in your league... undecided undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

^^^^Where did it say that terrorist would be entitled to 77 virgins by blowing themselves up??

Do you even understand basic English??

Just because I know you are semi-literate, I will post this again:

cheddarking:

Its relative bruv...

The Koran describes the reward for the righteous here:

QURAN 78:31-34: "As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high-bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup."

And then explains who the righteous are HERE:

QURAN 9:123:"O you who believe, fight those of the unbelievers near you and let them see how harsh you can be. Know that Allah is with the righteous."

Just for you.
Special Delivery.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx: These ignorant pseudo-intellectuals stay messing up my IQ... One don't understand basic English, while the other is a lousy stonker...

Go debate hillbillies in your league... undecided undecided

The irony is not lost on me... grin grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
That Qu'ran you quoted means the same thing with the Bible saying 'Righteous' people will go to a heaven paved with gold and diamond floors etc with everywhere looking as white as snow... These words are figurative words...

And these clowns call themselves intellectuals... Bwahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Two Die As Military Officers Clash In Lagos / Reno Omokri Reacts To President Buhari Absence From The Presidential Debate / 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.