Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (31389 Views)

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / Jonathan’s Igbo Internet Warriors Are A Disgrace To Humanity By C. Don Adinuba / Bringbackjonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx: That Qu'ran you quoted means the same thing with the Bible saying 'Righteous' people will go to a heaven paved with gold and diamond floors etc with everywhere looking as white as snow... These words are figurative words...

And these clowns call themselves intellectuals... Bwahahahahaha

You are so dumb.

This is simple English.

Again:

cheddarking:

Its relative bruv...

The Koran describes the reward for the righteous here:

QURAN 78:31-34: "As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high-bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup."

And then explains who the righteous are HERE:

QURAN 9:123:"O you who believe, fight those of the unbelievers near you and let them see how harsh you can be. Know that Allah is with the righteous."
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
The Koran describes the reward for the righteous here:

QURAN 78:31-34: "As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high-bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup."

And then explains who the righteous are HERE:

QURAN 9:123:"O you who believe, fight those of the unbelievers near you and let them see how harsh you can be. Know that Allah is with the righteous."

How is it different from these quotes from the Bible about righteousness??:

"Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will kill him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming." - Ezekiel 18:23

"Rejoice, O nations, with his people, for he will avenge the blood of his servants; he will take vengeance on his enemies and make atonement for his land and people." - Deuteronomy 32:43

"When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers." - Proverbs 21:15
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
cheddarking:
You are so dumb.

This is simple English.

Again:

You don't even understand basic English, you bite my style, and I'm like your hero - yet you want to debate me, son

GTFOH!!!

BummyKing!!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
cheddarking:

To Answer your question:

(QURAN 37:40-4 : "In the Gardens of Paradise, Facing one another on thrones, Round them will be passed a cup of pure wine; White, delicious to the drinkers, Neither they will have any kind of hurt, abdominal pain, headache, or sin, nor will they suffer intoxication from it. And with them will be chaste females, restraining their glances, with wide and beautiful eyes."

(QURAN 44:51-55): "Verily! The righteous will be in Paradise. Among Gardens and Springs; Dressed in fine silk and also in thick silk, facing each other, and We shall marry them to Houris with wide, lovely eyes."

(QURAN 52: 17-20): "Verily, for those who fear Allah there will be Gardens in Paradise, filled with Delight. Enjoying in that which their Lord has bestowed on them, and the fact that their Lord saved them from the torment of the blazing Fire. The Lord will say: ‘Eat and drink with happiness because of what you used to do’. They will recline with ease on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Houris with wide lovely eyes."

(QURAN 55:54-59): "Reclining upon the couches lined with silk brocade, and the fruits of the Gardens will be near at hand. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Wherein will be those houris, restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse before. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? In beauty they are like rubies and coral. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?"

(QURAN 55:70-77): "Therein gardens will be fair wives good and beautiful; Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Houris restrained in pavilions; Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Whom no man has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse before. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Reclining on green cushions and rich beautiful mattresses. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?"

(QURAN 56:37-40): "...We created the houris and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand…."

(QURAN 78:31-34): "As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and [size=28pt]high-bosomed virgins for companion[/size]s: a truly overflowing cup."

Now kindly show us your proof that priests molest young boys such as yourself IN THE NAME OF GOD!

You shouldn't have done that. grin

I wanted to toy with the fcker first for a while.

No 1, the cretin did not even comprehend what I said. I said: "where they even expect rewards of virgins"

https://www.nairaland.com/1056647/religion-against-humanity-wole-soyinka/9#12320383

For some reason the person turned that into a claim that I asserted: "The Quran promises virgins"

https://www.nairaland.com/1056647/religion-against-humanity-wole-soyinka/9#12320445

Irrespective of whether the Quran did or not, it is imperative anyone that wants to show they are smart enough to debate with me to demonstrate their ability to comprehend and interpret simple English grammar. I don't waste my time with fucktards.

No 2, secondly, if someone else with reputation had backed him up and asked me to back up my claim, I would then have unveiled his lack of comprehension of (1) before I proceed and bring evidence to back up my assertion. I am sure it is piece easy to go on youtube and dig out some fanatical ediot that advocate or is about to commit an atrocity with the "expection of rewards of juicy virgins". grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW4peIFQcU

You will see many of the dream women of person F00028 here: grin

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5c6_1304940226

No 3, that said, even though I do not and I have never read the Quran before (I would be so fcking bored to death if I tried), I am pretty sure (just based on pure basic general knowledge) that it would mention something about reward of women (even if not virgins) linked with some kind of paradise. Plus jihad/'fighting for Allah' will take those "martyred" grin grin grin grin grin to that paradise, otherwise people would not blow themselves up based on such belief.

Shymexx is a pure person that can never debate at my level. I just wanted to toy with the person a while like a Lion playing with its baby gazelle meal it does not want to kill yet. grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
F00028:

imbécil! you negotiate with people that want something from you! :-/

I bet you just heard that line in a movie and have been dying to use it.

and it's not my question it's shymexx'. answer it.

I don't negotiate with person terrorists! I advocate killing them. grin grin grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx: That Qu'ran you quoted means the same thing with the Bible saying 'Righteous' people will go to a heaven paved with gold and diamond floors etc with everywhere looking as white as snow... These words are figurative words...

And these clowns call themselves intellectuals... Bwahahahahaha

You are a person!

No 1, where in the bible did it say be harsh to unbelievers and you will go to heaven.

No 2, where do Xtian practice such edict with the belief they would go to heaven.

person, don't come back here saying Catholic priest molested kids because they believe it would get them to heaven.

FOOOOL! grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
[/quote]
shymexx:

How is it different from these quotes from the Bible about righteousness??:

Whether or not the definition of 'Righteous' in the koran is similar to the biblical definition is irrelevant.

You asked:

shymexx:

Where is the reward for virgins written in the Qu'ran?

Can you provide an evidence to back up your claims?

I then proceeded to show you here:

cheddarking:

And because I knew you were going to be stup1d as you always are, I decided to show you what the koran describes as righteous here:

Again, the Christian Definition of 'Righteous' is irrelevant.

The koran says the righteous will get big-boobed chics as a reward, and describes the righteous as those who fight for allah.

Simple English: If you fight for allah, you will get big-boobed chics.

And if you really cant get it this time, get a vasectomy ASAP. We really must not allow your stup1dity into the global gene pool!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
cheddarking: .

BummyKing - this is the debate again... You jumped into a debate, took everything out of context, just because you wanted to show your mentor(you stay biting my shyte) you have arrived...

This is the debate again:

Sagamite:
You are a person!

If Muslim clerics are provoked by something that is not of their faith, if they state they are acting in anger due to their faith, target those that they believe are unbelievers and justify it with quotations from their holy book where they even expect rewards of virgins, THEN it is obvious to anyone with the benefit of a functional brain they are doing it for their religion!

My reply in context of the bolded parts below:

shymexx:

Where is the reward for virgins written in the Qu'ran?

Can you provide an evidence to back up your claims?

However, rather than read through the posts, you chose to expose your ignorance - just because you wanted to show me how your brain cells have developed since the last time I called you out...

Where is the correlation between suicide bombings and virgins in the quotes from the Qu'ran that you cited?? - albeit the 'virgin' language in the Qu'ran is a figurative language...
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by omodapson(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Shymexx sef, shebi you said you have nothing to do with religion, so why not leave religion to those who practise it? undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx:

BummyKing - this is the debate again... You jumped into a debate, took everything out of context, just because you wanted to show your mentor(you stay biting my shyte) you have arrived...

This is the debate again:

My reply in context of the bolded parts below:

However, rather than read through the posts, you chose to expose your ignorance - just because you wanted to show me how your brain cells have developed since the last time I called you out...

Where is the correlation between suicide bombings and virgins in the quotes from the Qu'ran that you cited?? - albeit the 'virgin' language in the Qu'ran is a figurative language...

You are a person!

You mean your calling people out is by saying priests molested kids in the name of God? grin grin grin

Is that calling out in Shymexx escape fucktardism? grin

Is plagiarism the ghetto version of "honouring" a debate? grin grin grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:
Is plagiarism the ghetto version of "honouring" a debate? grin grin grin

Lol Sagamite, you will not kill me this afternoon.

grin grin grin

Shey London Ghetto abi Amelikka ghetto version? grin cheesy grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Lol Sagamite, you will not kill me this afternoon.

grin grin grin

Shey London Ghetto abi Amelikka ghetto version? grin cheesy grin

But he said he "honoured" the invite to the debate na? grin grin grin grin grin

By copying and pasting the EXACT and ENTIRE write-up of someone else he found while googling and pretended he wrote it. grin grin grin grin grin

Then, as usual he turned around after he was exposed and said he won the debate despite being disqualified. grin

Fucktardic lunatic! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
cheiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

No be the same boy wey dey claim intelligence on NL? Lol with the IQ of a firefly grin cheesy
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:

I don't negotiate with person terrorists! I advocate killing them . grin grin grin

a wise man once said truth passes through 3 stages:

FIRST, IT'S IGNORED (you've passed that);

SECOND, IT'S RIDICULED (you tried that: person, cretin, terrorist...);

THIRD, IT'S VIOLENTLY OPPOSED (this is where you are now);
Sagamite:
I advocate killing them . grin grin grin

THEN, IT TRIUMPHS OVER FALSEHOOD!

did you get all that or am I talking over your head again?
undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
Imagine a slut who can't even put words together to form a sentence, nor spell correctly talking about IQ and intelligence.... Bwahahahahaha

Only on NL...

Stay stalking me, slut - I know you want this dyck, but I don't want you... undecided undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
When a guy says NO to your yeasty pum, get yourself together and fvck off...

Stop stalking me everywhere, slag...

I DON'T WANT YOUR WALL-LESS AND YEASTY PUM, SLAG!!!! undecided undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
shymexx: Imagine a slut who can't even put words together to form a sentence, nor spell correctly talking about IQ and intelligence.... Bwahahahahaha

Only on NL...

Stay stalking me, slut - I know you want this dyck, but I don't want you... undecided undecided

Only on NL would someone copy and paste another person's work and pass it off as their own but yet publicly claim it is not plagiarism. grin grin grin

F00028:

a wise man once said truth passes through 3 stages:

FIRST, IT'S IGNORED (you've passed that);

SECOND, IT'S RIDICULED (you tried that: person, cretin, terrorist...);

THIRD, IT'S VIOLENTLY OPPOSED (this is where you are now);

THEN, IT TRIUMPHS OVER FALSEHOOD!

did you get all that or am I talking over your head again?
undecided

I don't negotiate with terrorists.

Just kill them. grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:

Only on NL would someone copy and paste another person's work and pass it off as their own but yet publicly claim it is not plagiarism. grin grin

My brother, anything happens on NL. grin

The intelligent of all Mensa unit dey on NL sef
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
I was gonna reply shymex but I give up.

Education can save some, but not all.

I dont get paid for this shyt.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
[/quote]
cheddarking:

And because I knew you were going to be stup1d as you always are, I decided to show you what the koran describes as righteous here:

but then the Qurán describes the righteous as:

those who restrain their anger and pardon others -Q3:134

those who are humble-Q28:83

those who pray and give charity -Q2:277

those who repent -Q3:133

those who are good to their parents -Q17:22-37
etc etc
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
F00028:

but then the Qurán describes the righteous as:

those who restrain their anger and pardon others -Q3:134

those who are humble-Q28:83

those who pray and give charity -Q2:277

those who repent -Q3:133

those who are good to their parents -Q17:22-37
etc etc

For the sake of clarity, can you list those "etc etc"s?

And also provide a link to let non-believers view it in English.

That is called transparency. grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Man just needs a licence to wreak havoc. He finds this licence in political, religous, or some sentimental ideology. So no I don't believe religion is against humanity because there are people who choose to use their religion for good and those for bad. Religion seems to be the scapegoat in this era, I wonder what it would be next.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by shuddyy: 9:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
F00028:

@shuddyy
you see wink

SagaMICE is sick - you should have known. Am impervious to his rants and vituperations. I told my friends around me that the silly man sagaMICE first line of response to me would be 'you are a person'. Now, you tell me if I didn't guess right!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sagamite:

For the sake of clarity, can you list those "etc etc"s?

And also provide a link to let non-believers view it in English.

That is called transparency. grin

those who do good deeds and submit to God -Q41:33

those who are not stingy- Q64:16

those who hasten to forgivness -Q3:133

those who dont testify to falsehood and pass by evil speech with dignity -Q25:70-72

http://www.quranabc.com/quran/

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/TheNobleQuran/index.html
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
shuddyy:

SagaMICE is sick - you should have known. Am impervious to his rants and vituperations. I told my friends around me that the silly man sagaMICE first line of response to me would be 'you are a person'. Now, you tell me if I didn't guess right!

You are a person!

Call your friends, tell them I just called you that again.

F00028:

those who do good deeds and submit to God -Q41:33

those who are not stingy- Q64:16

those who hasten to forgivness -Q3:133

those who dont testify to falsehood and pass by evil speech with dignity -Q25:70-72

http://www.quranabc.com/quran/

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/TheNobleQuran/index.html

WTF is this?

You are a really an extremely daft person.

Someone told you I am muslim?

Someone told you I understand Arabic?

Someone told you I read the Quran to know where to find everything?

Foool. Dig out a link that shows all the definition of "righteousness" in the Quran in fcking English!

Or you think you are debating with fellow fucktards where you can create an avenue to utilise omission to prove a point?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 12:13am On Sep 27, 2012
MY GOD! sagamouse you are an i'diot tongue

do you have put a lot of work into being this insufferable or is it a gift

FROM NOW ON THIS APPLIES TO ALL MY POSTS: sagamouse and other ignorant buffoons need not answer because screaming “person!” wont count as a rebuttal.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2012
You christians that think this soyinka spoke for you keep in mind he also said:

History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future...

Now why do you expect any rational person to overlook the fact Christianity, is a religion who adherents have given this world so much bloodshed, destruction and plunder (under whatever guise)?

I challenge anybody prove different.

(facts and figures please)
WARNING: sagamouse and other ignorant buffoons need not answer because screaming “person!” wont count as a rebuttal.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2012
F00028:

FROM NOW ON THIS APPLIES TO ALL MY POSTS: sagamouse and other ignorant buffoons need not answer because screaming “person!” wont count as a rebuttal.

You are a person!

So you mean by giving us selective definitions is sufficient proof of the non-existence of something?

Madrassa cretin!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Tgirl4real(f): 11:01am On Sep 27, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

No 1, where in the bible did it say be harsh to unbelievers and you will go to heaven.

Instead, it says love those who hate you and pray for them sef . . .

No 2, where do Xtian practice such edict with the belief they would go to heaven.

No workers of iniquity or those who practice unrighteousness can inherit the kingdom of God.

person, don't come back here saying Catholic priest molested kids because they believe it would get them to heaven.

FOOOOL! grin

I'm beginning to like that word... can I adopt it? grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 11:48am On Sep 27, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Instead, it says love those who hate you and pray for them sef . . .

No workers of iniquity or those who practice unrighteousness can inherit the kingdom of God.

I'm beginning to like that word... can I adopt it? grin

I can sell partial usage rights of once a week to you. grin

Some fucktards think they can come here and try to use desperate comparisons as a defence.

They do not know the minute they stop applying logic and objectivity is the beginning of their roasting by Saga Saga.

I don't know jackshyt about the bible but just the cautious observation of Xtians in real life can indicate to me what Bible says about things.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Tgirl4real(f): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sagamite:

I can sell partial usage rights of once a week to you. grin

Yippie!!!

Let me see how it sounds... You are a person!!! Feels good. hehehehehehe grin

Sagamite: I don't know jackshyt about the bible but just the cautious observation of Xtians in real life can indicate to me what Bible says about things.

hmmm . . .that says a lot. In the real sense of it, apart from professing to be saved, that is the major way you can know who a true believer is. You know and judge a christian by his or her character.

1 John 1:5
5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[b] sin.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? / Dokpesi Returns To Detention As Court Defers Bail Ruling / Open Letter To IBEDC "Disconnect & Stop Billing" (REVEALING)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.