Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,207 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service (28122 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct - Photos / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / President Jonathan At RCCG Camp Today Meets APC VP Prof Osbanjo(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by alphaconde(m): 8:28am On Oct 01, 2012
Sir why are u making it difficult for me to defend u, what do I say when d public reacts to this.
.....Ruben abati talking to the president

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2012
A repeat post to the resident dumbos recklessly ejecting their loads all over this thread . . . .

Biggyd2: GEJ this morning reiterated that he is fighting corruption.

He said that Transparency International rated Nigeria 2nd most improved in fighting corruption in Africa
. He also promised that by the same time next year, when he addresses Nigerians we are going to see the fruits of his reforms(I paraphrased).

Can the mastvbating ediots on this thread dispute this . . . . .am sure this was the original line been twisted out of form . . . . .
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by chucky234(m): 8:36am On Oct 01, 2012
I can't help but laugh at GEJ's daftness,our dear president is gradually becoming an international laughing stock.
Even my 3yrs old daughter makes a far better utterances than GEJ,his so many fat belly Special Advisers are not helping matters as well with those their dumb speeches.
Imagine a govt already ranked world's most expensive spending reckless in the US while Nigerians were suffering and dying from flood,this is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 01, 2012
What happened to Beaf? Did he lose his laptop?
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 01, 2012
Oh now i see why he's called "clueless" and "retardeen". smh angry

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

Can the mastvbating ediots on this thread dispute this . . . . .am sure this was the original line been twisted out of form . . . . .
More idioc.y from you as if you haven't goofed enough.
Where is Nigeria on TI's ranking? No 143 in a list of 178, and it's something to rejoice about?2010index rating for Nigeria was 2.4, which was the same ad 2011.Where is the improvement?We had an index of 2.7 in 2009.How then can you say there has been an improvement over the two year period in view?
Do you just talk for the sake of defending your silly President?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index#section_5

The fuel subsidy probe, the pension fund scam are some high-profile corruption cases with no discernable conclusion.These are just a few, and you think we're making progress?
Your degree needs to be re-examined, seriously.That is if you have one.

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by ebony888(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2012
Viewing this topic: Kessyy2k4 , doncaeser , ZEN ( m ), take dat , paulo007 , ayo111uk ( m ), kliverpool ( m ), EMWILL , suntex95 ( m ), hennybee ( m ), nebeolisa ( m ), Adeks ( m ), galadima77 , jonatoye ( m ), Actionleap , globalpaul , Kewt , pristine ( m ), riccobabe ( f ), upengineer , koko777 ( m ), Rhapsody! ( f ), OlowoTee ( f ), aremu olusegun , chucky234 ( m ), chinedum45 , StarBoard , fineheart , eze odiach , webaplanet ( m ), Deacon Frost ( m ), tula90 , snowdrops ( m ), abusol , cheesome ( m ), italkmoses , ayuse , drblake , edey2real ( m ), platoworks ( m ), jmaine ( m ), 222Martins ( m ), Omosorire , Peterpan ( m ), rman , onyis , homerac7 , Adewummy007 , mymadam , konkocious ( m ), emochuo , ilovemi , kingsyiyke , passionate88 and 98 guest(s)
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by sconsults: 8:48am On Oct 01, 2012
[size=18pt]it is true since we know that america is also corrupt,he didnt say second to norway or sweden but second to america and probably third to russia grin[/size]
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 8:57am On Oct 01, 2012
StarBoard:

Interesting . . .let's us now proceed to deal with your tripe . . . .

StarBoard:
Where is Nigeria on TI's ranking? No 143 in a list of 178, and it's something to rejoice about?

Did the sentence "second most improved rating" fly over your head . . . . . . If we did descended further, am sure retarrded and confused fellows like you will run unclad in joy pouring out all manner of scorn you can ever conjure . . .Yet you feel appreciating a notable improvement and jump in transparency rating is wrong

You come off as a very silly fellow . . .

StarBoard:
The fuel subsidy probe, the pension fund scam with no discern able conclusion.These are just a few

The Nigerian Justice system is slow, a reason why there are calls, nudging the judiciary to set up special courts to fast track this processes

ironically, you agreed that those cases you mentioned are still on going and on course . . . .

StarBoard:
.These are just a few, and you think we're making progress?

Read my previous replies to you and extract answers . . .

StarBoard:

lame line from lame individuals . . . . . .I expect you to come off better in your next post . . . .

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by gulfer: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2012
Is it possible to fight oneself?
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by taharqa: 9:10am On Oct 01, 2012
StarBoard:
Where is Nigeria on TI's ranking? No 143 in a list of 178, and it's something to rejoice about?
The fuel subsidy probe, the pension fund scam with no discern able conclusion.These are just a few, and you think we're making progress?
Yes there have bn some slight relative progress. You quote d TI ranking and yes we arestill generally in a bad position, but nobody is saying dat d nation is now corruption free, the President never said that. What he said is that there have bn relative improvement from the even worse position that he inherited as stated by dat same TI that you just referenced( and they gave the reasons for that improvement); if you have a problem wit that then contest d info supplied by d TI which you just referenced to make d point that suit you and which by d way is d credible organisation worldwidd 4 matters of corruption, OR contest d reasons that gave 4 d slight improvement...... on dis Pension Scam that many of you branish about, was it yr father that discovered it? It was a committee set up by d Finance Minister as ordered by d President to check waste and corruptn in d civil service that discovered d scam in d Pensions scheme perpetuated by officials even b4 he became president, just as about 35,000 ghost workers were discovered( this move coupled with others have helpd reduced the Overheads of MDGs by half from more than #500billion when he came to a little above #200billion presently) . Those pension scammers have since bn charged to court and their properties seized by d court. How would you guys still be using a scam discovered and botched entirely by a govt against that same govt, doesn't that look stu.pid to you?

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by lumideezle(m): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2012
solomon111: Now you are taking it too far.
You are insulting his culture.
Na inferiority complex go kill you.
You this massive sack of yoruba dung.

Bro don't worry we woud give you ministerial appointment just vote 4 us for second term ok? Less I forget may Ama dio ha strike your mouth for being tribal up there idiat
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by manmade(m): 9:15am On Oct 01, 2012
Demdem: Even in the house of God, the retardeen is a Joke in the eyes of the saints.

160million Dislikes
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2012
taharqa: Yes there have bn some slight relative progress. You quote d TI ranking and yes we arestill generally in a bad position, but nobody is saying dat d nation is now corruption free, the President never said that. What he said is that there have bn relative improvement from the even worse position that he inherited as stated by dat same TI that you just referenced( and they gave the reasons for that improvement); if you have a problem wit that then contest d info supplied by d TI which you just referenced to make d point that suit you and which by d way is d credible organisation worldwidd 4 matters of corruption, OR contest d reasons that gave 4 d slight improvement...... on dis Pension Scam that many of you branish about, was it yr father that discovered it? It was a committee set up by d Finance Minister as ordered by d President to check waste and corruptn in d civil service that discovered d scam in d Pensions scheme perpetuated by officials even b4 he became president, just as about 35,000 ghost workers were discovered( this move coupled with others have helpd reduced the Overheads of MDGs by half from more than #500billion when he came to a little above #200billion presently) . Those pension scammers have since bn charged to court and their properties seized by d court. How would you guys still be using a scam discovered and botched entirely by a govt against that same govt, doesn't that look stu.pid to you?

You just have to pity dull folks who feel wholesale cynicism equates to intelligence an guile . . . .
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2012
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

Interesting . . .let's us now proceed to deal with your tripe . . . .

Did the sentence "second most improved rating" fly over your head . . . . .

Bring the statistics that prove that claim instead of clutching at the words of a president with no credibility.
The TI index was the same for 2010 and 2011.
How can there be said to be any improvement?
Are you stup.id by design or default
jmaine:

You come off as a very silly fellow . . .

The Nigerian Justice system is slow, a reason why there are calls, nudging the judiciary to set up special courts to fast track this processes

ironically, you agreed that those cases you mentioned are still on going and on course . . . .

Read my previous replies to you and extract answers . . .

lame line from lame individuals . . . . . .I expect you to come off better in your next post . . . .
the Nigerian judicial system is slow yet you expect us to believe that indeed we are the second most improved nation in fighting corruption.
The Nigerian judicial system is slow, but even you know it is too slow for justice to be adequately delivered.The fuel subsidy probe report hasn't even left the House for the court to even deal with the issue, yet we're supposed to believe we're the second most-improved in fighting corruption.
You are a tool of consulate proportions. I think the two of us know who the silly one is out of both of us.This work for your paymasters at the Villa has robbed you of basic thinking skills.

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by taharqa: 9:43am On Oct 01, 2012
So that am clear, esp as i HATE and distest Corruption in any form : there is still substantial corruption in 9ja, there should be no doubt about that. It cuts across all arms of govt( executive, legislative, and very unfortunately albeit in lesser form, Judiciary), all tiers of govt(FG, States and LG), civil service and MDGs, NGOs, schools, professional bodies, unfortunately religious bodies, general society including more than half of the peeps viewing dis thread presently( even many of d people who have bn shouting dier azz out on this thread). And while i note d tiny improvements in d FG, there is not a single doubt in my mind dat we are still in a bad situation and that the govt has to do more to tackle it; i bliv dat GEJ has to provide more leadership to fight more of corruption we see today and i think he could have done more. But excessively blaming GEJ wud not do any good in long run, it wud only give sm friviolous ppl sm 'feel good-i-caused-my-president ' momentary effect and then wud wear off. But serious minded ppl ought to think deep: i hv bn shouting here that we shld put sm pressure on d CJN to name d Special Judges for Corruption and Terroism she has promised since she became CJN about 3months ago. That is the most critical thing that can presently be done to tackle corruptn in dis country, any oda thing wud just be cosmetic. The President, d NBA, Civil Society groups, political parties and any one who matters, have urged her(as they did her predecessors) to name d judges, still no show- what they hell is stopping her to name dese judges 4 God's sake(caution: as we put pressure on her and d judiciary, lets respect d sensitive position and institutn she heads and not do what we hv come to do very well- curse away).... by d way, i bliv dat GEJ can do his PART to deal wit this corruption issue, even though i also strongly bliv dat we ALL hv to be constructively engaged, play our own part and of course continue to put both him and his govt on its toes as regards this fight, cos it is a Systemic thing that needs all hands on deck esp as it usually fights back. GEJ however needs to provide Leadership( more leadership) in dis fight. I bliv in the possibility of dat leadership seeing wot he has done wit Elections in 9ja( smthing dat many of us previously thought was hopeless)
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by informatix: 9:45am On Oct 01, 2012
miccheck57:

How old are u?...

i am 28 mockery of President is Unacceptable. They were suppose
keep quite if they disagree with him.
I pray for someone from NL. Oneday
to become president.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by ijigbamigb(m): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

Guy please can I find a link to verify this. The last time I checked we are on the 143rd position in the world after dropping 10 places. 134th in 2010.
The most corrupt nation in the world is Somalia on 183rd. This is on the CPI-2011 on the transparency international web. Please help me with any link to verify this claim. Abeg.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Demdem(m): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

You are very silly, thinking your doing a whole lot of good screaming on nairaland . . . . . .

What a waste of time . . . . Fools having a misplaced sense of importance . . . .

Who gives a ffuck about the opinion of a confirmed sycophant. Abegi tackle retardeen foolish words which is the basis of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Demdem(m): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2012
manmade:
160million Dislikes

No yawa. It happened sha.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by ijigbamigb(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2012
taharqa: So that am clear, esp as i HATE and distest Corruption in any form : there is still substantial corruption in 9ja, there should be no doubt about that. It cuts across all arms of govt( executive, legislative, and very unfortunately albeit in lesser form, Judiciary), all tiers of govt(FG, States and LG), civil service and MDGs, NGOs, schools, professional bodies, unfortunately religious bodies, general society including more than half of the peeps viewing dis thread presently( even many of d people who have bn shouting dier azz out on this thread). And while i note d tiny improvements in d FG, there is not a single doubt in my mind dat we are still in a bad situation and that the govt has to do more to tackle it; i bliv dat GEJ has to provide more leadership to fight more of corruption we see today and i think he could have done more. But excessively blaming GEJ wud not do any good in long run, it wud only give sm friviolous ppl sm 'feel good-i-caused-my-president ' momentary effect and then wud wear off. But serious minded ppl ought to think deep: i hv bn shouting here that we shld put sm pressure on d CJN to name d Special Judges for Corruption and Terroism she has promised since she became CJN about 3months ago. That is the most critical thing that can presently be done to tackle corruptn in dis country, any oda thing wud just be cosmetic. The President, d NBA, Civil Society groups, political parties and any one who matters, have urged her(as they did her predecessors) to name d judges, still no show- what they hell is stopping her to name dese judges 4 God's sake(caution: as we put pressure on her and d judiciary, lets respect d sensitive position and institutn she heads and not do what we hv come to do very well- curse away)

You are so right. Personally, I don't encourage insulting the President. But I think he needs to get in touch with the realities on ground. No doubt he is fighting a war against corruption but how sophisticated is this war? What signal is the anti-corruption war sending to the camps and minds of the corrupt? How many corrupt persons have been jailed? What is the govt relationship with indicted private businessmen? Is he even carrying the masses along in his war against corruption?

In the aspect of budget implementation and transparency at the fed level, he may be performing well but his relationship with corrupt persons is not helping the war at all.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Demdem(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2012
informatix:

to become president.

Oga, are u for real? Keep quiet if they disagree grin
Apply that same logic to ursef even on this thread.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by xwolverine: 10:17am On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine: A repeat post to the dumbos recklessly ejecting their loads all over this thread . . . .

I feel ashamed that you can spew such foolish analogy... Because you are second most improved in Africa (not even the most improved) shows progress? Are you fvcking kidding me?
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by sixqub: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] minister of petroleum stayed in 2 hotels,lol, these gov peeps r bastards
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by larrycdof(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2012
there realy is no limit to d stupidity of this man whom refrence to his post dont portrait his office,.he realy is a joker in d park
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by dederocs(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2012
[quote author=ooseven]I thought worshippers only focused on God in church. Since when did political a
You are a dısgrace to nıgerıa for such a comment,even ıf you are blınd to see the stealıng goıng on....are u deaf and dum?.Except you benefıt from the strealıng goıng on ın Government,otherwıse ı have to say u re an ıgnoramus.whether a church or shrıne,Nıgerıans should learn to rıdıcule foolısh polıtıcıans when they try to play us for a fool...Dumb presıdent-shame on Abatı
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by bigsheg(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2012
ib55: Christian worshippers at the National Christian Centre in Abuja today mocked and laughed at President Goodluck Jonathan when he described his government as second only to the United States of America in its commitment to fighting corruption.

The President was speaking during the church service, during which several of his ministers, advisers, women organisations, political apologists, chairmen of commissions, and former Heads of State Yakubu Gowon and Olusegun Obasanjo were in attendance.

“Our commitment to the fight against corruption is second to that of America’s commitment. We are very committed to it and everybody knows.”

As soon as he said this, members of the congregation looked at him incredulously and began to chuckle and laugh, as if they had just heard the punch line to a new joke.

But his appointees and friends tried to save the moment by clapping. It was unclear whether they were clapping for the joke, or in cheers, but a senior member of the government who spoke anonymously with our correspondent after the service, said Jonathan was merely deceiving himself.

“Who does not know that this government is weak when it comes to fighting corruption? I think Jonathan is deceiving himself and not Nigerians,” he said smiling.

During the service, the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, told the President and members of his cabinet to treat members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect as terrorist, wondering why the government was treating them with kid gloves.

Meanwhile, President Jonathan is to celebrate the 52nd anniversary of Nigeria’s Independence inside the presidential Villa.

It was learnt that the reason for this, as was the case last year, is to avoid a recurrence of the October 1, 2010 bombing in Abuja where several bombs exploded while President Jonathan and foreign dignitaries gathered at the Eagles Square to celebrate the event.

Coming ahead of his address to the nation tomorrow on the occasion of Nigeria’s 52nd anniversary as an independent nation, President Jonathan’s statement about his commitment to combating corruption seems certain to lead to a new round of jokes among Nigerians.

Asked to comment on the statement today, a New York based analyst simply described himself as “FHLA.” Asked the meaning of that, he said, “I am Fighting Hypocrisy Like the Americans.”

It would be recalled that last Monday at a conference of the Nigerian Institute of Management in Abuja, President Jonathan told Nigerians he is now ready to fight corruption with everything at his disposal.

“My administration will fight corruption and associated social vices until they are exterminated from our body polity,” he said, opening the conference.

He then left for the United Nations General Assembly, where the American press promptly identified his delegation as one of the most financially reckless, his Pierre Hotel suite alone costing Nigeria $10,000 per night. The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, occupied suites in two different hotels, one at the Four Seasons Hotel for $5,000 per night; and the other at Mr. Jonathan’s hotel for $3,000 per night.

Reporting on Nigeria’s squandermania, America’s National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC), said, “Nigeria’s delegation is keeping five vehicles parked outside the Pierre Hotel where the cheapest room is about $800 a night – or roughly what most Nigerians earn in two years."

A SaharaReporters investigation found that the NNPC delegation actually rented a total of 10 limousines in New York for its seven visiting officials, at a daily cost of $1,800 per day. It was five of those vehicles that NBC found idling at Pierre.

“If Mr. Jonathan is going to ‘fight corruption and associated social vices until they are exterminated’,” a Nigerian newspaper columnist said today, “he is going to have a very large battlefield, and also a lot of opportunities for Nigerians to laugh at a bad joke.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fighting-corruption-americans-worshippers-mock-jonathan-church-service
iv adopted a siddon look attitude on issues like this.i cannot come and go and die jare....
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 10:36am On Oct 01, 2012
StarBoard:
Bring the statistics that prove that claim instead of clutching at the words of a president with no credibility.
The TI index was the same for 2010 and 2011.

The below is a proof of what the President was referring to . . . .

The survey on global corruption perceptions for 2011 versus 2001 showed that the third best improvement in the world was in Nigeria, with its score improving by 1.5 points. In the scoring, Nigeria follows the United States of America, which scored 2 points, while Bangladesh scored the highest by 2.3 points.

Also in the survey, the corruption perception score showed that Nigeria displaced Zambia, Mauritius, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Botswana, Senegal, Cote d’Ivore, Malawi, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Egypt, Namibia, and Tunisia.

fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception

StarBoard:
the Nigerian judicial system is slow yet you expect us to believe that indeed we are the second most improved nation in fighting corruption.

You are indeed very silly . . .The slow justice system doesn't equate to cases not been pursued or corruption not been fought . . . .As we speak there are high profile corruption cases in court . . .

StarBoard:
The Nigerian judicial system is slow, but even you know it is too slow for justice to be adequately delivered.The fuel subsidy probe report hasn't even left the House for the court to even deal with the issue, yet we're supposed to believe we're the second most-improved in fighting corruption.

The Aig Imohkhuede thorough probe report was concluded and the EFCC is currently prosecuting the first batch of the 20 culprits, with kids of notable PDP wigs arrainged . . . . .

StarBoard:

I am a tool of consulate proportions. .

Fixed

StarBoard:
I think the two of us know who the silly one is out of both of us.This work for your paymasters at the Villa has robbed you of basic thinking skills.

Another lame line . . ..

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by bigsheg(m): 10:38am On Oct 01, 2012
informatix:

to become president.
28 keeu dont sound it.A toddler maybe!
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2012
Demdem:

Who gives a ffuck about the opinion of a confirmed sycophant. Abegi tackle retardeen foolish words which is the basis of this thread.

It's foolishness thinking your rants here amounts to something . . . . .More ediotic when your rants were baseless . . . .

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 10:45am On Oct 01, 2012
xwolverine:

I feel ashamed that you can spew such foolish analogy... Because you are second most improved in Africa (not even the most improved) shows progress? Are you fvcking kidding me?

The same ediot above won't hesitate to use other African nations to judge us . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gov. Buni Visits Bola Tinubu In Lagos / I had no Conversation With Tinubu, DSS DG on tribunal cases - CJN Ariwoola / Akande Asks Lagos APC Chairman To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.