Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service (28016 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct - Photos / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / President Jonathan At RCCG Camp Today Meets APC VP Prof Osbanjo(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by karlmax2: 10:47am On Oct 01, 2012
ijigbamigb:

Guy please can I find a link to verify this. The last time I checked we are on the 143rd position in the world after dropping 10 places. 134th in 2010.
The most corrupt nation in the world is Somalia on 183rd. This is on the CPI-2011 on the transparency international web. Please help me with any link to verify this claim. Abeg.
judging by the way nigerians and nairaland scream corrution and how people like u scream that nigeria is the most corrupt nation on earth i as expecting us to be on 183 and not somalia. AS LONG AS THIS REPORT IS FROM SAHARA REPORTERS THE BEARERS OF ALL MANNER OF FAKE AND BEER PALOUR RUMOURS.I DONT BELEIVE THEM. NA LIE
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by earthgreeners(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2012
karl max: judging by the way nigerians and nairaland scream corrution and how people like u scream that nigeria is the most corrupt nation on earth i as expecting us to be on 183 and not somalia. AS LONG AS THIS REPORT IS FROM SAHARA REPORTERS THE BEARERS OF ALL MANNER OF FAKE AND BEER PALOUR RUMOURS.I DONT BELEIVE THEM. NA LIE

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2011/results/
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 10:50am On Oct 01, 2012
ijigbamigb:

Guy please can I find a link to verify this. The last time I checked we are on the 143rd position in the world after dropping 10 places. 134th in 2010.
The most corrupt nation in the world is Somalia on 183rd. This is on the CPI-2011 on the transparency international web. Please help me with any link to verify this claim. Abeg.

Bros it's a recent survey on global corruption perception

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/44406-fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by earthgreeners(m): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2012
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by karlmax2: 10:54am On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

The below is a proof of what the President was referring to . . . .

fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception

You are indeed very silly . . .The slow justice system doesn't equate to cases not been pursued or corruption not been fought . . .Are you this dumb . . .As we speak there are high profile corruption cases in court . . .

The Aig Imohkhuede thorough probe report was concluded and the EFCC is currently prosecuting the first batch of the 20 culprits, with kids of notable PDP wigs arrainged . . . . .

Fixed

Another lame line . . ..
DONT MIND THEM.MANY PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND HAVE COMPREHENSION ISSUES, THEY NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2012
earthgreeners:

Did you read up the link i furnished . .Just in case you missed out, let me produce a quote out of it . . .

The survey on global corruption perceptions for 2011 versus 2001 showed that the third best improvement in the world was in Nigeria, with its score improving by 1.5 points. In the scoring, Nigeria follows the United States of America, which scored 2 points, while Bangladesh scored the highest by 2.3 points.

Also in the survey, the corruption perception score showed that Nigeria displaced Zambia, Mauritius, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Botswana, Senegal, Cote d’Ivore, Malawi, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Egypt, Namibia, and Tunisia.

fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 10:57am On Oct 01, 2012
karl max: DONT MIND THEM.MANY PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND HAVE COMPREHENSION ISSUES, THEY NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL

I tire oo . .my bro . . . .
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by karlmax2: 11:00am On Oct 01, 2012
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by str8talk1: 11:01am On Oct 01, 2012
Now,I knw why d hall was virtually empty while GEJ was addressing d UN General Assembly.
World leaders don't hv time to watch a Clown performing @ a circus.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by decepticos(m): 11:05am On Oct 01, 2012
I believe its about time Goodluck E Jonathan replaced patrick the starfish in the next spongebob series. The man deserves it.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 11:08am On Oct 01, 2012
karl max: http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/44406-fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception

READ AND COMPREHEND OR GIVE IT TO A MORE EDUCATED PERSON CLOSE TO U TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.

When i called them dumbos, they felt i was insulting them . . .They are simply living up to their tag . . . .

Rocks are difficult to assimilate & tutor
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by lorddannie: 11:08am On Oct 01, 2012
Demdem:

Who gives a ffuck about the opinion of a confirmed sycophant. Abegi tackle retardeen foolish words which is the basis of this thread.

You called others sycophants, who are you? Misguided fellow and a traitor seeking for cheap popularity on nairaland. Take a self review of your posts and you would see how have been raining abuses, invectives and hate; trying to impress people by spreading hate. You can do well by criticising and not abuse

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by karlmax2: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

When i called them dumbos, they felt i was insulting them . . .They are simply living up to their tag . . . .

Rocks are difficult to assimilate & tutor
MY BROTHER NA HATE DEY WORRY THEM.THEY DONT BELIEVE THAT THE MAN THEY HATE SO MUCH IS ACTUALLY TURNING THINGS AROUND.VERY SOON DEM GO GET HEART ATTACK FOR GEJ MATTER THEM AND SAHARA LAIRS
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by lorddannie: 11:20am On Oct 01, 2012
ib55: Christian worshippers at the National Christian Centre in Abuja today mocked and laughed at President Goodluck Jonathan when he described his government as second only to the United States of America in its commitment to fighting corruption.

The President was speaking during the church service, during which several of his ministers, advisers, women organisations, political apologists, chairmen of commissions, and former Heads of State Yakubu Gowon and Olusegun Obasanjo were in attendance.

“Our commitment to the fight against corruption is second to that of America’s commitment. We are very committed to it and everybody knows.”

As soon as he said this, members of the congregation looked at him incredulously and began to chuckle and laugh, as if they had just heard the punch line to a new joke.

But his appointees and friends tried to save the moment by clapping. It was unclear whether they were clapping for the joke, or in cheers, but a senior member of the government who spoke anonymously with our correspondent after the service, said Jonathan was merely deceiving himself.

“Who does not know that this government is weak when it comes to fighting corruption? I think Jonathan is deceiving himself and not Nigerians,” he said smiling.

During the service, the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, told the President and members of his cabinet to treat members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect as terrorist, wondering why the government was treating them with kid gloves.

Meanwhile, President Jonathan is to celebrate the 52nd anniversary of Nigeria’s Independence inside the presidential Villa.

It was learnt that the reason for this, as was the case last year, is to avoid a recurrence of the October 1, 2010 bombing in Abuja where several bombs exploded while President Jonathan and foreign dignitaries gathered at the Eagles Square to celebrate the event.

Coming ahead of his address to the nation tomorrow on the occasion of Nigeria’s 52nd anniversary as an independent nation, President Jonathan’s statement about his commitment to combating corruption seems certain to lead to a new round of jokes among Nigerians.

Asked to comment on the statement today, a New York based analyst simply described himself as “FHLA.” Asked the meaning of that, he said, “I am Fighting Hypocrisy Like the Americans.”

It would be recalled that last Monday at a conference of the Nigerian Institute of Management in Abuja, President Jonathan told Nigerians he is now ready to fight corruption with everything at his disposal.

“My administration will fight corruption and associated social vices until they are exterminated from our body polity,” he said, opening the conference.

He then left for the United Nations General Assembly, where the American press promptly identified his delegation as one of the most financially reckless, his Pierre Hotel suite alone costing Nigeria $10,000 per night. The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, occupied suites in two different hotels, one at the Four Seasons Hotel for $5,000 per night; and the other at Mr. Jonathan’s hotel for $3,000 per night.

Reporting on Nigeria’s squandermania, America’s National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC), said, “Nigeria’s delegation is keeping five vehicles parked outside the Pierre Hotel where the cheapest room is about $800 a night – or roughly what most Nigerians earn in two years."

A SaharaReporters investigation found that the NNPC delegation actually rented a total of 10 limousines in New York for its seven visiting officials, at a daily cost of $1,800 per day. It was five of those vehicles that NBC found idling at Pierre.

“If Mr. Jonathan is going to ‘fight corruption and associated social vices until they are exterminated’,” a Nigerian newspaper columnist said today, “he is going to have a very large battlefield, and also a lot of opportunities for Nigerians to laugh at a bad joke.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fighting-corruption-americans-worshippers-mock-jonathan-church-service
Does it mean the President of a country is not entitled to such a previledge. Or is the hotel not meant for individuals; a place where CEO and executives of companies dine and wine with their mistresses and one saharaREPORTER is here trying to make Nigerians hate their nation and leaders, not seeing anything good in them. Does it mean because the President is fighting corruption, he and his entourage should stay in befitting hotel. All these foreign media will always make you see only things in ones country as wrong.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by lorddannie: 11:24am On Oct 01, 2012
nonoski: Grand Comedian Of the Federal Republic (GCFR)
we all know that OBJ's comedy skills is unequalled
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by lorddannie: 11:27am On Oct 01, 2012
ebamma: Our Jona who art in Aso
Rock,Clueless is thy
Name,thy Income
come,let your Cassava
bread be given to us as it
is in Aso Rock,Give us our
garri, our daily bread,And
forgive us who call you
Retardeen, As you forgive
Patience who tresspass
against English,And lead
us not into kidnapping
but deliver us from

You did not mention boko haram in your anthem, or is it a poem or prayer.
kidnappers,For thine is
Aso Rock ,Okupe and
Abati,forever and ever,
Amen
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by earthgreeners(m): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2012
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by earthgreeners(m): 11:31am On Oct 01, 2012
karl max: MY BROTHER NA HATE DEY WORRY THEM.THEY DONT BELIEVE THAT THE MAN THEY HATE SO MUCH IS ACTUALLY TURNING THINGS AROUND.VERY SOON DEM GO GET HEART ATTACK FOR GEJ MATTER THEM AND SAHARA LAIRS

Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by lorddannie: 11:40am On Oct 01, 2012
Demdem:

It has been updated. Not my fault ooo. Can u imagine such comments from him and the jerry curl pastor that officiated didn't caution him afterwards. I think oritshejafor should be de-robbed.

you can start the process of de-robbing him. This your hate, under the guise of criticism is leading you somewhere. There is a clear cut difference between criticism and abuse. Do you think you have the moral standing to call for caution.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 01, 2012
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by lorddannie: 11:46am On Oct 01, 2012
dayokanu: I said it in the UN thread

Retardeen Punked once again grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This man is now notorious to be a worldwide moro0n.

WHo would take a man wearing black mourning sack clothes and a cowboy hat to address people. They should line him up with Chris Rock, Klint da drunk, I go dye, Baba Suwe and other comedians

Reminds me of this below

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/745012_00a-1_jpg9db310ec111881d42476fd50e933024d[/img]
what has this got to do with the topic? and some misguided fellows "like" it
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by eprynce(m): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2012
These people in government just don't know how to keep a low profile...especially when the wealth being squandered is not theirs. sad
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by lorddannie: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2012
Demdem:

Fool, u have no basis and stupidly wrong.
As for the retardeen, the same way ur kind also call other leaders names. Jonathan is also having his portion. Infact some of those ur kind call names have better heads than the retardeen so why should he be spared. Condemn those ones first before telling me rubbish.
Again this thread is about the retardeen foolishness. Stop derailing.
Is all this about GEJ's statement that you read from saharareporters or something else. Something is definitely wrong with this guide. open display of hatred, while claiming to be a critic. Please read your post and try to be objective, not raining abuse. Painfully, many "like" this
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by xwolverine: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

The same ediot above won't hesitate to use other African nations to judge us . . . .

I cant help but marvel at the length to which you are willing to go in a bid to deceive yourself and the unsuspecting populace of the progresses made in the fight against corruption.

I will only take your claims serious when you give me a list of names of people behind bars as a result of being prosecuted for corruption, and not ordinary committees to only confirm what we already know that these people are corrupt.

What has the presidency done about the over-bloated cabinet and the amount being wasted on a daily basis? The fact that we are second doesn't mean that we are doing well, it only shows that others are not improving.. When has it become a norm for two negatives To result in a positive when added?

Even Obj can boast of high profile prosecutions and subsequent imprisonment.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by lorddannie: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
musiwa7: why are some of you shock about this. If you do a poll in Nigeria. And the question was ask among christian nigerian, if Goodluck Jonathan is a christian, the answer by over 90% of christian will be NO. Goodluck Jonathan is not a christian. In Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan is not considered a christian. He only bear a christian name. You can go and ask david mark if nigerian consider him a christian. 90% of christian will ask you. when did David mark become a christian. even I doubt if david mark will say he is a christian in public. Bearing a christian name does not make you a christian in Nigeria. we have christian and we have christian in Nigeria.

But if you ask the same question among Nigerian. Because the Nigeria society does not see Goodluck Jonathan or David mark as christian. Even in the church they attend. they dont see them as christian. it goes beyond bearing a name. You have to understand nigeria

the reason is that over 90% of nigerian see christianity in a different light. they will ask you , when did Goodluck or david mark become a bro. they will tell Goodluck or david mark are not bro.

If they have to vote in nigeria. I will get 99% of the vote. while Goodluck Jonathan or David mark will get less than 1% of the vote.

look nigeria is a deeper country in term of religion.

There are more churches than even alcoholic selling retail store.. nigerian goes to church about 3 to 4 time a week. they are very deep with their faith. more than half of nigeria dont drink alcoholic drink because of religion.

Nigeria is not what the west see. Nigerian even pray more than american do to God. most nigerian pray more than 7 times a day.

so you decide who a Christian is or Nigerians decide who is a Christian and who is not. Na wa o!!! see analysis with percentages
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
Double Post
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
xwolverine:

I cant help but marvel at the length to which you are willing to go in a bid to deceive yourself and the unsuspecting populace of the progresses made in the fight against corruption.

The source of the report is very valid . . .You did be the first to seethe and foam in the mouth if that same source quoted otherwise . . . .

Your the clear deceit here . . . .

xwolverine:

I will only take your claims serious when you give me a list of names of people behind bars as a result of being prosecuted for corruption, and not ordinary committees to only confirm what we already know that these people are corrupt.

I never knew the EFCC currently arraigning 20 first batch culprits in court were ordinary committees set up to inform you of the obvious . . . .Relax . . .and let the judiciary deal with the case as them it fit . . .

xwolverine:

What has the presidency done about the over-bloated cabinet and the amount being wasted on a daily basis? The fact that we are second doesn't mean that we are doing well, it only shows that others are not improving.. When has it become a norm for two negatives To result in a positive when added?

. . . . . Sure, the whole world is indeed stagnating, even the "saner countries" touted regularly on nairaland . . .What a joke

xwolverine:

Even Obj can boast of high profile prosecutions and subsequent imprisonment.

A record folks ascribed to a witch hunt prosecution . . . .Just chill out for the judiciary to do their stuff . .

Afterall, the former IG of Police, Sunday Ehindero was recently remanded in prison for faling to meet bail requirement on his corruption charge . . . . . . What sayest thou to that ?

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/ehindero-remanded-prison
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jaybee(f): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
ooseven: I thought worshippers only focused on God in church. Since when did political analysis become part of church service??

please articulate your thought, if you have any; and reduce it in writing, if you can. otherwise help conserve our disk space.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by Rick9(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
RICK9 NAIRALAND EMPEROR: ... I laugh, i smile, i sigh, and i yawn.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by xwolverine: 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

The source of the report is very valid . . .You did be the first to seethe and foam in the mouth if that same source quoted otherwise . . . .

Your the clear deceit here . . . .

I never knew the EFCC currently arraigning 20 first batch culprits in court were ordinary committees set up to inform you of the obvious . . . .Relax . . .and let the judiciary deal with the case as them it fit . . .

. . . . . Sure, the whole world is indeed stagnating, even the "saner countries" touted regularly on nairaland . . .What a joke

A record folks ascribed to a witch hunt prosecution . . . .Just chill out for the judiciary to do their stuff . .

Afterall, the former IG of Police, Sunday Ehindero was recently remanded in prison for faling to meet bail requirement on his corruption charge . . . . . . What sayest thou to that ?

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/ehindero-remanded-prison

First of all, the report itself is misleading with the twisted facts. Nigeria gained points which are close to the amount of points gained by the USA, which in itself is not surprising.

The USA as it is has made a lot of progress which means that they only have to make some minor changes. It's like expecting Usain Bolt to improve his time from 9.6 sec to 8 Sec? its impossible. It is rather possible for someone running 11 sec to improve to 10.9sec, so if bolt improves to 9.5 sec and the other guy runs 10.9, although the both added 0.1sec, that doesn't mean that they are mates.

Secondly, I am interested in the likes of farouk, bankole, otedola, and so on, and and not a retired IG who stole not up to 5 percent when compared to the other guys I mentioned earlier.

So what are we saying? The President has powers to veto some arrests, and let him use it and go full scale war on corruption, and not some selective treatments.

NB: not that I didn't notice your derogatory remarks and insults, I only chose to ignore them and discuss on the issues rather than derail the discussion. It would be demeaning and an insult on my personality to engage you in trading insults. I advise you to stop being emotional and state your facts like an adult.
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by tonadoes: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
why ar Nlanders showing so much hatered 4 Gej. I watched d live broadcast of d church service and d president only quoted recent report of transparency international. Imagine how his statement has been recoined 2 sute our 'bad bele' tendency. Na wa o!
Re: Worshippers Mock Jonathan at Church Service by jmaine: 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
xwolverine:

First of all, the report itself is misleading with the twisted facts. Nigeria gained points which are close to the amount of points gained by the USA, which in itself is not surprising.

The USA as it is has made a lot of progress which means that they only have to make some minor changes. It's like expecting Usain Bolt to improve his time from 9.6 sec to 8 Sec? its impossible. It is rather possible for someone running 11 sec to improve to 10.9sec, so if bolt improves to 9.5 sec and the other guy runs 10.9, although the both added 0.1sec, that doesn't mean that they are mates.

You are simply tongue twisting to no where . . . . The reports was very clear and concise . .and they unequivocally gave a good view of Nigeria . . .

Your futile dance steps is taking you no where . . . .cos the report says there was an improvement , with Nigeria among those leading the lines . . . . . .

Keyword ==> Global improvement

xwolverine:

Secondly, I am interested in the likes of farouk, bankole, otedola, and so on, and and not a retired IG who stole not up to 5 percent when compared to the other guys I mentioned earlier.

Your not interested in the case of the former IG, yet you are bleating that there hasn't been any inclination to counter corrupt practices . . .

xwolverine:

So what are we saying? The President has powers to veto some arrests, and let him use it and go full scale war on corruption, and not some selective treatments.

The power to bring culprits to book is vested on the judiciary and the judiciary needs to be over hauled to quicken the processes of discharging their functions . . .And this is was one of the charge the FG gave the new Chief Justice of Nigeria . . .

[size=14pt]Jonathan tasks new CJN on delayed trials, corruption, security[/size]

Jonathan lists challenges
”Your Lordship will preside over the judiciary at a time of profound changes that demand united response. We believe that judiciary can play a crucial role as we confront critical challenges.

“We are dealing with security challenges occasioned by sporadic act of terrorism in some parts of the country. The three arms of government must work together to overcome this terrorist threat and acts in the country.

The war against corruption is another endeavour that calls for concerted action by all arms of government. I am confident that the judiciary, under your able leadership, will rise up to the challenge and provide the most needed support for government to address these challenges.

“Our citizens complained of delayed trial, particularly in cases of corruption, terrorism and other matters of serious concern. This complaint has led to frequent calls for special courts or designation of special judges to handle them with the required experience and speed. It will be your prerogative to consider and decide on this call.”

jonathan-tasks-new-cjn-on-delayed-trials-corruption-security

xwolverine:

NB: not that I didn't notice your derogatory remarks and insults, I only chose to ignore them and discuss on the issues rather than derail the discussion. It would be demeaning and an insult on my personality to engage you in trading insults. I advise you to stop being emotional and state your facts like an adult.

Stop boring me with the above . .You either man up, discuss or shift aside for someone else . . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

35 Killed As Herdsmen Burn Tse Umenger, Benue Village / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Group Emerges In Abuja, Lagos / Tinubu Dynasty Of Thieves: They Want To Buy A Yacht For N5b - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.