Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? (18378 Views)

Ladies:can You Marry A Younger Guy? Men: Can You Marry An Older Lady? / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / How To Let The Younger Guy Down Gently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 05, 2012
swaggerkid: I wouldn't mind dating a girl dat is lik 5-6 years older

Gluck with that m8.
She would have to be white or carribean

...although when one thinks about it...meh, it would probably be better to stick with a younger girl. Nigerians tie too much to age, including respect...
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by hotwax: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2012
I have dated A̶̲̥̅​n older woman before.
She was 6 years older. We could have gotten married, but I wasn't ready then.
No big deal jor.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 05, 2012
hotwax: I have dated A̶̲̥̅​n older woman before.
She was 6 years older. We could have gotten married, but I wasn't ready then.
No big deal jor.

I suppose this is also one of their fears
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by hotwax: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2012
-I suppose this is also one of their fears
I thought there is A̶̲̥̅​ difference between the word "date" and "married"

The topic clearly said "date"
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 05, 2012
They are not alone. . . I won't date any girl my age sef, talkless of person wey senior me. Wetin wan cause am, biko?

1 Like

Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2012
sexkillz: They are not alone. . . I won't date any girl my age sef, talkless of person wey senior me. Wetin wan cause am, biko?

Makes sense. I wasn't of this school of thought before, but it seems i may just adopt it going forward to save myself wahala.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by slimyem: 9:28am On Oct 05, 2012
2buff:

I have known, it's just that I wanted to give them a chance to logicalize this default feeling of theirs' on their own without any pre-accusations. They can still do so cheesy
really?
You haven't pre-accused them already?
What's the below then if not pre-accusation?
2buff: I've also found out that what a naija girl says she's alright with on a public forum and what she is REALLY alright with are 2 different matters entirely. grin

then why bother opening the thread asking them when you'll never believe they are gon lie anyways?
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: really?
You haven't pre-accused them already?
What's the below then if not pre-accusation?then why bother opening the thread asking them when you'll never believe they are gon lie anyways?

How old are you? angry angry angry
Oya lie
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by slimyem: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2012
2buff: I have also found that a man is typically called "immature" by the women folk when he simply refuses to let the childish thing have her way in a matter.
why start this thread to ask Naija girls questions when you know and have found out everything already?
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: why start this thread to ask Naija girls questions when you know and have found out everything already?

Because I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt and the chance to talk their own on a matter before I solidify my assertions and render them unchangeable.
And thus far, none from your gender have made a good case besides "we are more mature", which is just wishful thinking and hold no weight as earlier countered.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: why start this thread to ask Naija girls questions when you know and have found out everything already?
Either he was bored or just looking for opinions contrary to his. Any way, i don't see nothing wrong with his asking! Or are you guilty?
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by slimyem: 9:35am On Oct 05, 2012
2buff:

How old are you? angry angry angry
Oys lie
that's not the point!!
Besides,i am not obligated to tell a faceless handle my age for whatever reason.
The truth is you are as hypocritical as the Naija girls you are here accusing and questioning pointlessly!
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: that's not the point!!
Besides,i am not obligated to tell a faceless handle my age for whatever reason.
The truth is you are as hypocritical as the Naija girls you are here accusing and questioning pointlessly!

I would appreciate it if someone helped me explain how the word "hypocritical" even applies to this thread.
Pray tell...How exactly are you accusing me of being hypocritical? In what specifically?

OP: naija sistas, i've noticed you dont give younger brothers eye? Why? Come lets discuss?..
Girl: we are more mature. The magazines (made by women) say so.
Another Girl: OP, You are hypocritical!
OP: WTF

Thats pretty much the summary of where we're at so far....
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by slimyem: 9:42am On Oct 05, 2012
sexkillz: Either he was bored or just looking for opinions contrary to his. Any way, i don't see nothing wrong with his asking! Or are you guilty?
i don't see nothing wrong with his asking but i see everything wrong with him having already supposed the answers would be lies.
It makes this thread pointless!!
What am i guilty of?
My replies to most questions on here are true of me but i hate to tell the truth and have someone discard it as a lie like he's probably going to if i reply !!
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: i don't see nothing wrong with his asking but i see everything wrong with him having already supposed the answers would be lies.
It makes this thread pointless!!
What am i guilty of?
My replies to most questions on here are true of me but i hate to tell the truth and have someone discard it as a lie like he's probably going to if i reply !!

Then dont give it. Keep it to yourself. End of long ting.

Any other naija sista want to shed some light on this topic?
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Mynd44: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2012
sexkillz: They are not alone. . . I won't date any girl my age sef, talkless of person wey senior me. Wetin wan cause am, biko?
You are too predictable
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by slimyem: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2012
2buff:

Then dont give it. Keep it to yourself. End of long ting.

Any other naija sista want to shed some light on this topic?
i hope you wait till forever!!!
Btw,you are going to get the same lies you know as answers..why bother??
Just tell the mod you made a mistake opening this thread and have them close this nonsense for you!!
Simple!!
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2012
hotwax:
I thought there is A̶̲̥̅​ difference between the word "date" and "married"

The topic clearly said "date"

I think For most nigerian ladies the purpose of dating is to end up somewhere (potential marriage), and not just to while away the time.
Hence the logical need to make sure the person is worth the wahala and soul-tie risk in the first place.

Abi na lie I talk?
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: i hope you wait till forever!!!
Just tell the mod you made a mistake opening this thread and have them close this nonsense for you!!
Simple!!

Sista Cocoa, that post was aimed mostly at the women who said they were okay with dating younger men.
Im sure some of them mean it, but You yourself know all too well that some people say things on forums that differ greatly from reality.

As to those that were blunt and stated that they wouldnt hsve anything to do with younger brothas, these are the ones i intend to hear logical facts from as to why they feel so...so please if you have no logical contribution as to the topic, get off my thread.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 05, 2012
I cant try it.
besides Nigerian guys have big egos!
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 05, 2012
AmBeautiful: I cant try it.
besides Nigerian guys have big egos!

Can you elaborate more on your default repulsion of the idea please?
What other reasons besides big egos would make you "not try it"?

And please explain how egos even factor in. Dont older men have egos as well?
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Obinnau(m): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2012
well opinions differ. In my own case am dating a girl older than me with 3 years though it has its challenges but the key is to lay low and accept what comes ur way. But my greatest prblm now is how to tell my parents dat she's older dan me.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Amya(f): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2012
My boyfriend is 3yrs younger than I am, and we're doing great!

1 Like

Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by ifihearam: 10:10am On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: i hope you wait till forever!!!
Simple!!

Why are you taking this issue so personal?
shuooo
the op just wants your input and nothing else but from the way you are going,you are projecting yourself as a prime suspect
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by slimyem: 10:12am On Oct 05, 2012
2buff:

Sista Cocoa, who is sister Cocoa?
that post was aimed mostly at the women who said they were okay with dating younger men. No sir!the post was a question only a few females you have answered and you have discarded as a lie..except you tell me "would you" is not a questioning phrase.
I'm sure some of them mean it, but You yourself know all too well that some people say things on forums that differ greatly from reality- yes,i do but that's not enough reason to conclude that everyone who posts are not true to what they say they are!
As to those that were blunt and stated that they wouldnt hsve anything to do with younger brothas, these are the ones i intend to hear logical facts from as to why they feel so...so please if you have no logical contribution as to the topic, get off my thread.
- you are here to read logical contributions you won't believe?
Smh @ any lady who'll be nice enough to waste her time logically explaining what you already have planned to throw to trash.smh!
Cheers
Cheers!!
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2012
Obinnau: well opinions differ. In my own case am dating a girl older than me with 3 years though it has its challenges but the key is to lay low and accept what comes ur way. But my greatest prblm now is how to tell my parents dat she's older dan me.

Hmm, never thought of parent factor too.
So some parents actually give a damn about this stuff?
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by ifihearam: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2012
Amya: My boyfriend is 3yrs younger than I am, and we're doing great!

you sure
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Mynd44: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2012
See wahala omo. Come to think of it, I once lied to my ex that she was older. She almost dumped me
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by slimyem: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2012
ifihearam:

Why are you taking this issue so personal?
shuooo
the op just wants your input and nothing else but from the way you are going,you are projecting yourself as a prime suspect
yes o..i'm taking it personally.
I can't give an imput that'd be discarded as a lie the moment i click "submit".
I am a prime suspect.He thinks that of all Naija girls already so its not news!!
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 05, 2012
Mynd_44: See wahala omo. Come to think of it, I once lied to my ex that she was older. She almost dumped me

So no be only me don notice am.
Why you kon dey form till now? cheesy
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by ifihearam: 10:16am On Oct 05, 2012
Obinnau: well opinions differ. In my own case am dating a girl older than me with 3 years though it has its challenges but the key is to lay low and accept what comes ur way. But my greatest prblm now is how to tell my parents dat she's older dan me.

My guy i really dont see why you must tell your parents about your girlfriend's age,it doesn't really make sense,provided she is respectful and looks younger than her age
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Obinnau(m): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2012
2buff:

Hmm, never thought of parent factor too.
So some parents actually give a damn about this stuff?
yes na whenever i try to bring up the topic i feel a lump in my throat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

/ How To Save A Dying Relationship / Things Girls Check When She Receives A Friend Request From A Guy On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.