Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? (18380 Views)

Ladies:can You Marry A Younger Guy? Men: Can You Marry An Older Lady? / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / How To Let The Younger Guy Down Gently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by ifihearam: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: yes o..i'm taking it personally.
I can't give an imput that'd be discarded as a lie the moment i click "submit".
I am a prime suspect.He thinks that of all Naija girls already so its not news!!

Dear Slimyem,

For reasons best known to me,can you date a guy younger than you,

A Yes or No will suffice
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Obinnau(m): 10:21am On Oct 05, 2012
ifihearam:

My guy i really dont see why you must tell your parents about your girlfriend's age,it doesn't really make sense,provided she is respectful and looks younger than her age
even if ur parents are dumbass they must definitely know
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by slimyem: 10:23am On Oct 05, 2012
ifihearam:

Dear Slimyem,

For reasons best known to me,can you date a guy younger than you,

A Yes or No will suffice
this question and topic has been overflogged..
I have answered it truthfully countless times on this section.
Would have on this thread...until i saw the op's intentions was to make mockery of the answers he'd get from ladies here.
So,No.i won't answer that question again...at least not on this thread.
My answers won't count!
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by ifihearam: 10:24am On Oct 05, 2012
Obinnau: even if ur parents are dumbass they must definitely know

I see them as intelligent dumbass then angry
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Obinnau(m): 10:25am On Oct 05, 2012
ifihearam:

I see them as intelligent dumbass then angry
haha funny
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2012
2buff:

Can you elaborate more please?
What other reasons besides big egos would make you "not try it"?

And please explain how egos even factor in. Dont older men have egos as well?

well someone older would be better(not that old sha oh!).
though i didn't like the thought before, but after a while, i discovered they are more mature,direct and straight and they are easy to understand and follow.
Though some older ones could be cunning and immature, but not in all cases as compared to younger guys.
Younger guys, are sometimes a pain in the ass, they do not understand what A LADY REALLY NEEDS!
Their brain is still in the developmental stage.
And because the normal culture and the mindset of some Nigerians is be a millionaire then look for girls, they could be quite difficult when young.

So dating someone younger than i am would be like a POLICE CASE! And i wont be able to cope.

Egos...
well, Nigerian guys especially have huge egos,i tell you for sure.
You know that, dont ask me lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by ifihearam: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: this question and topic has been overflogged..
Would have on this thread...until i saw the op's intentions was to make mockery of the answers he'd get from ladies here.
My answers won't count!

You sounding so angered,do you have any outstanding misunderstanding with the op

just thinking aloud
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2012
ifihearam:

You sounding so angered,do you have any outstanding misunderstanding with the op

just thinking aloud

lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by bxcode(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2012
Naija mentality again, now wats wrong in dating a younger guy?? so far its born outta sincere love undecided undecided
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 05, 2012
AmBeautiful:

well someone older would be better(not that old sha oh!).
though i didn't like the thought before, but after a while, i discovered they are more mature,direct and straight and they are easy to understand and follow.
Though some older ones could be cunning and immature, but not in all cases as compared to younger guys.
Younger guys, are sometimes a pain in the ass, they do not understand what A LADY REALLY NEEDS!
Their brain is still in the developmental stage.
And because the normal culture and the mindset of some Nigerians is be a millionaire then look for girls, they could be quite difficult when young.

So dating someone younger than i am would be like a POLICE CASE! And i wont be able to cope.

Egos...
well, Nigerian guys especially have huge egos,i tell you for sure.
You know that, dont ask me lipsrsealed

In case of the bolded, would you also possibly agree that the case is also that ladies are generally less mature than guys in the area of communicating what they truly need?
I ask because looking at that particular point that way (i.e. as a personal problem of the lady and not "his" problem) could be the first step to her unrsveling even herself.

I know its asking too much, but your gender tends to find a hard time owning up to their faults and prefer to push it off to someone else. Essentially blaming another human being for not being psychic instead of taking the more logical, "mature" route of seeing your lack of direct communication skills as a self-born problem.

By using the phrase "understanding what a lady really needs" it just tells me you intend to say one thing yet mean another and accept this defunct modus of communication as a normal thing.
This would be a most unhealthy mindset. A personal flaw that should be actively fixed, and not swept under the rug of finding an older guy who may or may not be capable of dealing with it.

1 Like

Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2012
Amya: My boyfriend is 3yrs younger than I am, and we're doing great!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2012
2buff:

In case of the bolded, would you also possibly agree that the case is also that ladies are generally less mature than guys in the area of communicating what they truly need?
I ask because looking at that particular point that way (i.e. as a personal problem of the lady and not "his" problem) could be the first step to her unrsveling even herself.

I know its asking too much, but your gender tends to find a hard time owning up to their faults and prefer to push it off to someone else. Essentially blaming another human being for not being psychic instead of taking the more logical, "mature" route of seeing your lack of direct communication skills as a self-born problem.

Also ladies are not mature in communicating what they need, the younger guys are too stingy to release what the ladies really need, because they are pursuing other things!
Yes
Ladies have absolutely no problem with communicating.
Men do.
But with that already known, when a lady, begins to talk, you guys call it nagging!
With that said guys should also be able to ask this once in a while -'Hello dear whats the problem'
And guys should also create any atmosphere in their relationships, that will encourage communication!
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 05, 2012
sexkillz: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by 190: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2012

Я u tinkin wah am thinkin

sugarmommy tins

1 Like

Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
2buff: I've also found out that what a naija girl says she's alright with on a public forum and what she is REALLY alright with are 2 different matters entirely. grin

Well said.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
slimyem: this question and topic has been overflogged..
My answers won't count!
The OP is a joker. He started a thread to ask for our opinions on relationships with younger guys. It seems like his purpose for this thread is mockery rather than opinion seeking. Abegi! OP, don't try to sound smart, you wanted opinions and not arguments so take our opinions as they are.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Mynd44: 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
2buff:

So no be only me don notice am.
Why you kon dey form till now? cheesy
I no form but me I no mind if she is older oooooooo
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by ikekings(m): 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
ItsModella: No, I would not even date a guy my age let alone a younger guy. I'm naturally attracted to older guys because I think they are more mature and understanding and can handle intelligent conversations (my opinion). Plus, I get a better feel of protection. But then, connection and compatibility is what matters.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by ghettodreamz(m): 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
As long as the dude is financially buoyant, wetin concern most of the Naija babes, they will tell you na money sure pass. grin
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by ikekings(m): 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
ghettodreamz: As long as the dude is financially buoyant, wetin concern most of the Naija babes, they will tell you na money sure pass. grin
Yea that's naija girls for you... But as for me i really think ”age“ is just a number... It all depends on how matured he or she acts....
That's why i had to quote ”itsmodella's“ post... But, i refrained myself from commenting on her post, when i saw ”my opinion“...
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Amya(f): 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
amebo! Not like he knows or anything. He believes we're age mates.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
Amya: amebo! Not like he knows or anything. He believes we're age mates.

Is it by commission or omission? Could be risky though if busted.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
2buff: I have found that naija girls (or maybe just africans in general) dont even entertain the idea of dating a younger bros and would end or stop anything with a guy when they find out he is younger ...no matter how well the flow....even if it is only by a year.

Id like the girls to speak for themselves on this matter..

Would you date a younger guy?

is my buffy cheating on me with a coogar? angry angry grin
lol just kidding.

I don't date younger guys. I like them to have me by a couple of years at minimum and a decade (or older..depends!) @ max. Maturity and sense of responsibility never fail to elude the minds of BOYS my age. tongue I don't have time to wait until they mature to try to grow old together. I already have an "old soul" so I would only feel like I am raising a child.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by tope3x(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
i have ones dated my elder sister's friend, and she was 7 years older than me,i dont think there is anything bad in it...if a guy is ok, he is chanced to date any kind of woman. ur pocket matter's most..naija women anthem tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
dating a guy that's younger than me is really not a problem. Maturity is not an age thing but a thing of the mind and really that's wots

needed to make relationship work. I don't mind if d guy is 5 yrs younger than me, d only issue is that he shouldn't still be reasoning like his age

mates, for us to get along.

1 Like

Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by DonaldGenes(m): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
FlowerPower: I'm not a Naija girl, but I would date a man up to 2 years younger than me if he was stable in life with an education, career, and God fearing.

I hope this is not an ad for a sugarmummy lipsrsealed
are a sugar muumy
honestly na waoo for this post,wetin concern young or old.abeggy make una free matter for mathias
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
~vicky~:
dating a guy that's younger than me is really not a problem. Maturity is not an age thing but a thing of the mind and really that's wots needed to make relationship work. I don't mind if d guy is 5 yrs younger than me, d only issue is that he shouldn't still be reasoning like his age mates, for us to get along.

^^ u just hurt ur argument. You can't say maturity is not an age thing and in the same breath you are saying you can't date anyone who thinks like someone from a particular age range. So surely maturity must be an age thing

1 Like

Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by librangyps(f): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
I'm currently dating a guy few months older than me, and I feel like a sugar mummy... When I look into his eyes and kiss him... I feel like I'm kissing my younger bro (I dnt hav any tho), I treat him like he is glass and he loves it, he loves d attention. I'm absolutely fascinated by him but I know deep down, it wnt b long till iv had my fill ...
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Rosebela(f): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
Age is just a number in our consciousness,maturity and compatibility matters in every decision we take coolAge is just a number in our consciousness,maturity and compatibility matters in every decision we take
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
Em em I've dated someone two years older who knew my real age. 1 major trait: she was very Independent minded and not bogged down by convention. Not many women in naija u meet r like that.. not with many of them thinking about marriage and what people would say if they hear that the man is younger.
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by davies123: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
FlowerPower: I'm not a Naija girl, but I would date a man up to 2 years younger than me if he was stable in life with an education, career, and God fearing.

I hope this is not an ad for a sugarmummy lipsrsealed
But u talk like a naija girl,where u from?
Re: Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? by anijunsijoe(m): 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
FlowerPower:

Yes I do. You likey tongue lol!!
may be naija babe wants to always be under their men

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

/ How To Save A Dying Relationship / Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.