Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

#Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ (16457 Views)

Debate: Money Can Buy "True Love" In Nigeria. I Dare Anyone To Challenge Me / 120 Romantic Love Messages And Poem to send to your Loved one on valentines day / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Rocktation(f): 8:10am On Oct 10, 2012
Contestants' points in the Third round of the debate and in the order of Content, Delivery, Sentence Construction, Grammatical Correctness, Clarity and Sound Reasoning;

Skydeep: 3- 3- 3- 3.5- 3- 3 = 18.5

Pearl Hapi: 3.5- 3- 3- 3- 3- 3.5 = 19

Riskyman: 4- 3.5- 3- 3- 3.5- 4 = 21

Dubem: 3- 3- 3- 4- 3- 2 = 18

Ambeautiful: 4- 4- 4- 4- 4- 4 = 24

Adaeze: 3- 3- 4- 4- 4- 2 = 20
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 8:12am On Oct 10, 2012
FINAL ROUND

The contestants no gree o! I must say that I'm impressed by the quality of arguments I read. I dare say this final round is the toughest round. The participants came prepared wit alot of passion, poise and performance and yet, somehow managed to squeeze in some degree of emotional appeal! They did their research well and the result is a logically consistent, factually accurate interactive argument.You are all winners, just for trying to win

I awarded points in the same order as I did in the
previous rounds. Here goes....

Pearl-hapi= 4 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 = 19

Skydeep= 3 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2- 4= 17

Riskyman= 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 = 24

Dubem3= 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 3 = 23

Ambeautiful= 5 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 5 - 5 = 27

Adaeze003= 4 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 = 23.

Did I mention you are all winners??
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 8:26am On Oct 10, 2012
gree-die:
              FINAL ROUND

The contestants no gree o! I must say that I'm impressed by the quality of arguments I read. I dare say this final round is the toughest round. The participants came prepared wit alot of passion, poise and performance and yet, somehow managed to squeeze in some degree of emotional appeal! They did their research well and the result is a logically consistent, factually accurate interactive argument.You are all winners, just for trying to win

I awarded points in the same order as I did in the
previous rounds. Here goes....

Pearl-hapi= 4 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 = 19

Skydeep= 3 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2- 4= 17

Riskyman= 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 = 24

Dubem3= 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 3 = 23

Ambeautiful= 5 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 5 - 5 = 27

Adaeze003= 4 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 = 23.

Did I mention you are all winners??
no ma`am you mentioned pearl is the winner,lolz
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 8:55am On Oct 10, 2012
pearl~hapi:
no ma`am you mentioned pearl is the winner,lolz
grin grin grin
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by ijebabe: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2012
Where's Sholly?

Killz start tallying the scores! cheesy
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 10, 2012
We await judge shollypopz. . .
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
shollypopz.......
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2012
AmBeautiful: shollypopz.......
popz sholly......
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sorry friends, I couldn't come online to reply to Dubem's posts.. I wasn't feeling too well.

Dubem, its been nice debating with you.. You rock bro.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
Risky_man: Sorry friends, I couldn't come online to reply to Dubem's posts.. I wasn't feeling too well.

ope u r getting better? Pls tk kia of yourself
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1067361/debate-money-sustains-romantic-love/8

Right before that of Ijebabe! Sorry for the delay y'all!!

I have to admit this was d best round for me wink
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by AntiGbagaun(f): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2012
gree-die:

angry
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
jay bee: Nice one guys
Romance section members doing it big

whats up with that woman?
Right there?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
The results

Supporting side
AmBeautiful scored 333 points
Risky man scored 285 points
Pearl~hapi scored 269.5 points

Opposing side
Adaeze scored 318 points
Dubem scored 278 points
Skydeep scored 234 points

The opposing side scored a total of 830 points while the supporting side scored a total of 887.5 points.

The supporting side wins.

The individual winner of this debate is AmBeautiful, with a score of 333 points, closely followed by Adaeze003 with a total of 318 points.

Congratulations everybody
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Adaeze003(f): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2012
smiley smiley wink
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by slimyem: 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
Nice work by everyone i must say..
However,this debate was too long and i(and probably some other people) lost interest halfway.
Too many participants too made it a bit clumsy.
I'd propose that the number of participant in the next debate shouldn't be more than two to each side.
It'll make the debating time shorter,more coordinated,interesting and straight to the point.
My opinion it is!
Kudos to everyone who participated once more!
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
^^GBAM!! I highly doubt Sexkillz would agree though
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Adaeze003(f): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
Wow! Not a sore loser so I'm gonna say congrats to my team and also to the supporting team.
@Ambeautiful, you were indeed a worthy opponent. wink

2 Likes

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2012
Adaeze003: Wow! Not a sore loser so I'm gonna say congrats to my team and also to the supporting team.
@Ambeautiful, you were indeed a worthy opponent. wink

And so were you too..... a very worthy opponent!
Congratulations to my team, the supporting team!
Congratulations to the opposing team as well!
Thank you to the judges and organizers of this debate as well!
Merci.... cheesy
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
REMARK

The debaters have raised awesome points and argued beautifully to defend their beliefs. They did a great job, I learnt alot and they are all winners irrespective of which group the "trophy" goes to.

This debate is nothing more than the ever raging war between two school of thoughts: the natural law sch and the positive law sch.

The naturalists are idealists who believe that the supreme being has equipped us with the ability to diffrentiate bw good and bad.they have an incredibily high moral standard and to them, good is selfless, love of money is selfish and thus not good. They are sentimental and strive for a perfect world  where conscience rules and Everyman is good. They seek to refine the society until it attains a state of perfection. Their crusade is a just one, what they advocate for is what OUGHT to be....

The positivists on the other hand are realists. They have a "right now" outlook and are concerned with the immediate needs of the society and the conditions prevalent in
The society. They believe that we must adhere to the rules of the society we live in even if they are not in consonance with our moral beliefs. This doesn't mean that they reject value judgements,no, they are just more interested in facts conerning the existence and validity of a subject matter.We can hardly fault them coz they believe in what IS... 

We must understand that what constitutes morality is a question of personal judgement, it's not an intrinsic quality and thus cannot be made the subject of emperical observation and analysis.

The perfection we seek is good but afar off. I know that the mod's final decision was based on the collective findings/ judgement of the judges but personnally, I hold in favour of the supporters, the realists.

Love is the main ingredient in any relationship and love is not money but that packaging we see dat makes us fall in love? That trait we see dat makes us grow in love? Money made it possible!! Hard to believe but true. It's love dat ll make a boy donate kidney for his love but it's money that ll make kidney transplant possible. Drs do not treat their patients pro Bono.
If a girl loves her bf coz he is intelligent, it's money dat made him so, Money to pay his tuition and even if  he didn't go to school, the books, Internet Access, television, radio etc dat facilitated his knolwedge were acquired wit money. If he learnt from others, well, those people gained their knowledge from what money can buy, etc.  U cannot give what u don't have, whatever is in u is there one way or the other because of money... It may not be directly traceable but money is the root of it all, directly or indirectly. We must however draw the line on just how important money is in a relationship. a keen fellow will observe that the topic is about sustainance. In our rush to take a holier-than-thou stand, some of us may miss the salient point! Money doesn't bring about love, money isn't love, it only sustains it. To some of us, this may be a bitter pill to swallow. We belief that when a couple in love demand money from eachother, then it is not true love but "material" love. I ll have us know that a popular opinion is not always the right one. Thus, although the general belief is that it is bad to place emphasis on money in a relationship, there is a reason why Shakespeare said " nothing is good or bad, it is thinking that makes it so"

My advice to us is to work hard to be financially stable enuf to take care of our NEEDS and if possible, life's lil trills. Money makes the world go round, this is not ideal but it is what "IS". money sustains love but this shouldn't be interpreted to mean " money alone sustains love"

Gree-die
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
Anti-Gbagaun:
angry
wetin
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2012
sexkillz: The results

Supporting side
AmBeautiful scored 333 points
Risky man scored 285 points
Pearl~hapi scored 269.5 points

Opposing side
Adaeze scored 318 points
Dubem scored 278 points
Skydeep scored 234 points

The opposing side scored a total of 830 points while the supporting side scored a total of 887.5 points.

The supporting side wins.

The individual winner of this debate is AmBeautiful, with a score of 333 points, closely followed by Adaeze003 with a total of 318 points.

Congratulations everybody
awwwww this is butiful btw next tym ehn awunt just waste my brain thinkin on any debate,after all the brain~stressing and many points I raised sexkills and he's judges gave me that score!well its still cool I lashed eeerm skydeep and we wooooooooon.cheers to my team
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by DExplorer1: 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
Hence, comments from me on this thread are personal until i resume duty on Friday.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by lockheed55(m): 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
pearl~hapi:
Flashing back to exaggerated phrases like“money rules the world“,money answereth all things to mention but a few.One gets a clearer and vivid understanding of the importance and unestimated value of money in our everyday lives,love inclusive.
Goodevening our humble and unbiased judges,viewers and my codebaters,here to support the motion “money is requiréd to sustain love is my humble self,pearl.
What is love?love is having a great feeling of liking and affection for a person,let's talk about the phrase“like”for one to have a likeness for any person[s]they must have been certain qualities/features which the liked person posseses.features like how he/she dresses,talks carriage and physical appearance,and all of the above factors are fostered by money.forpersons appearance to catch your glimpse,money would have been spent for such greatlooks and to make up such personality.my opponent might argue and say WHO GIVES THE HECK about money/fashion?okay!what about the way he or she talks?that too would have been made possible through education which also requires the presence of money.bottom line is,money makes up the good things you see in an individual you choose to like/love. . A relationship devoid of a good and stable availability of income is like a farmer who goes to he's farmland and expect that that crops would sprung up without planting,watering and nuturing it.I put it to you that such love affair is like one between children trying to meet up with the trend and catch fun.little wonder great minds would advice that for anyone to go into a love affair he or she must be financially stable. . Also,not forgetting that romance is essential in every relationship,I put it to us that money is required to boost that also.imagine its your spouse[s]birthday and all he or she gets is a textmsg of HAPI BIRTHDAY DARLING!

What happened to goin an extra mile to be romantic by getting them a little presence/package or is my opponent going to argue romance isn't required?well I leave that for my judges to answer bearing in mind that money also makes up romance. Furthermore,love experts would say that love,care and kindness is a sure way to make an effective love life.putting all that into consideration,if your spouse needs your help financially no matter how little and you fail to be there for them,the above factors have been greatly violated. We'v also heard them say that love needs to be nutured for it to grow from one step to another and this is isn't done by folding our hands and repeatedly saying I love you to our spouses,it requires romance,care,kindness to grow and what is romance without finance or how is care shown by mere saying I care about you and kindness obviously doesn't mean having a random sex everyday. Av come across a lot of girls who complains of how their bfs uses them on bed without offering any kind of assistance to them,is that what we tag love?

A lot of tymes ignorance makes people say things like we hope in God,we hope in the future,well I would say that the future is now!your future with your spouse begins the moment you say yes to them except it isn't love. Lack of money in a relationship has led to so many moral decadence and social vices in our society.a lot of times guys hear about runs girls,they spit and curse!for crying out loud these girls have dere socalled bfs who tell them I love you twenty times daily and show it by having to wrestle with them on bed every passing day and am sure most of these girls\guys are strongly in support of the fact that money isn't a neccesity in a love affair,oh well the end result has always been the girls flirting around\cheating on their boy friends through the numerous runs they get involved in.love has basically been turned into how much you are good in bed,BORING IS THE WORD!well untill am called upon again to convince us that money actually and truely sustains love I rest my case

seriously i dont know hw the judges came about pearls score (well they may be right since they are more than one or two in number) but this is one helluva writing worth printing out. keep it up gurl
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2012
lockheed55:

seriously i dont know hw the judges came about pearls score (well they may be right since they are more than one or two in number) but this is one helluva writing worth printing out. keep it up gurl
tanku suger pie,lolz
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
gree-die:

Yea, I'm better now.. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
lockheed55:

five judges, 3 rounds..... Get d drift?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
@ risky man,hope u are better now??

On a serious note hope to get paired up with crazyman some other time. Would like to access the level of his craziness and fine tune it to sanity grin
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
pearl~hapi:
awwwww this is butiful btw next tym ehn awunt just waste my brain thinkin on any debate,after all the brain~stressing and many points I raised sexkills and he's judges gave me that score!well its still cool I lashed eeerm skydeep and we wooooooooon.cheers to my team

Yes you lashed her real good grin
I heard from a reliable source that she can barely walk grin
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by DExplorer1: 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
Risky_man, what games were you trying to play with those grammers? LOL. Dude, that was your hotest post for me.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
AmBeautiful:

Yes you lashed her real good grin
I heard from a reliable source that she can barely walk grin
you can say dar again baeby btw u were wonderfult too,you sabi talk die and eeeerm my dear wisky risky man get well soon for moi
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by dubem3(m): 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
Risky_man: Sorry friends, I couldn't come online to reply to Dubem's posts.. I wasn't feeling too well.

thats cos u beat the sh/t outta my black asz
ur too gbasky
tulu ugo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Insert Your Dick In Her Tight Pussy / Disagreement Is Inevitable For A Healthy Relationship - Bamisepeters' Blog / Guys!!! What Do You Think About Her Legs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.