Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

#Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ (16459 Views)

Debate: Money Can Buy "True Love" In Nigeria. I Dare Anyone To Challenge Me / 120 Romantic Love Messages And Poem to send to your Loved one on valentines day / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
We are waiting for Dubem to make his posting....
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
I'm so waiting for d Dubem..
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by ijebabe: 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
Dubem might be a little late. We should give him an hour, I think.
Is everyone fine with that
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
Judges should pls post the scores in the next 10 mins if dubem does not surface. . .

We have to move on. Thank you.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by DExplorer1: 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
sexkillz: Judges should pls post the scores in the next 10 mins if dubem does not surface. . .

We have to move on. Thank you.
Dubem is around. Preparing his content i guess.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
D-Explorer:

Dubem is around. Preparing his content i guess.
We'll wait then.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by ijebabe: 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
I don't know if I can wait any longer. Killz what do you say?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by dubem3(m): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
So much has been said about love and money here that one could hardly say anything without repetitions. In order not to keep you waiting, I will shelve the lectures for when there is ample time to unleash the volumes from the library.

Goodevening ladies and gentle men, am here once more to buttress the fact that I strongly believe that in a relationship, there are a lot more many things to sustain love that money does not make the list. My name is still Dubem and I say kudos to our impartial judges.

I was forced to take a look a Hollywood while I thought about this debate. A community with very successful men and women with more wealth than they could possibly spend, yet with the highest rate of divorce. So I ask you my friend ‘do these people lack the money with which to sustain their relationships’? I think not. I believe they have overlooked the basis. That they have lost out on the fundamentals of setting up and maintaining relationships. They have shifted the foundation of their love from the person and focused on the subsequent derivables.

I said previously and I maintain, if you shift the source of life of a relationship from the subject to which it should be directed to an object fuelled by mundane hopes and expectations, love itself shifts from the supposed subject to the object because it has to rest with its source of life.

Let me be a little more explicit. The desire to spend money is fuelled by something. In the absence of this source, the presence of money is but insignificant. So instead of focusing on money which is but a by product, lets talk more of what makes the subject spend.
LOVE, which makes him or her want to SACRIFICE. The thought and longing to see the other HAPPY above every other thing. Before you take a dive in an empty pool, come with me lets go back to those ages gone, before mankind smelt civilization. Am going as far back as the ‘hunting and gathering’ societies, when man (homo qua homo) was either hunting or gathering vegetables. From far back then till now, there is just one thing that has survived. Beating all of Charles Darwin’s evolution, surviving the wars and still very much alive till now.

Am talking about the ability of the heart to melt in front of love. SACRIFICE is the word. That’s what makes one do those things they would rather not do, of which spending money is just an item in a very long and almost endless list because the heart has been melted by LOVE.

am sorry this was done in a hurry with no chance to edit...
my apologies
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2012
Thank you dubem. Will you have a go at risky man?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by dubem3(m): 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
i didn't get that!
more like dissect his post?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
dubem3: i didn't get that!
more like dissect his post?
If you choose to, yes
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by dubem3(m): 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
u'ld have to give me a lil time
to read digest and post
What says you?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
dubem3: u'ld have to give me a lil time
to read digest and post
What says you?
Go ahead pls.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Adaeze003(f): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
Can i reply ambeautiful's reply to my post before the scores?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
Adaeze003: Can i reply ambeautiful's reply to my post before the scores?
yes
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by dubem3(m): 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
There are a few things I would want to enlighten my opponent about;
1. Money basically drives living.
2. What sustains your relationship is the driving force behind your giving.
3. There are people that have and do not give and that’s basically because the motivation is not there.
4. People give that do not have just like there are people that have but do not give.
5. What makes you, builds your relationship and sustains it is inbuilt in you not inherent in what you have.
I do not wish to break down your post by sentences rather I wish to show you the light and lend you sight where your blindside seemingly lies.

I wish to Let you know that there was love before there was money and that what moves us is far stronger than we can control nor see. That’s what sustains the love in the absence of it, its no love.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
Dubem fall to make any major point up there, there is no where in my post when I said LOVE is not the main issue in relationship, what me and co are saying is that LOVE is meaniless when there is nothing to support it..

Now let's look at your "SACRIFICE", even in the dark age that you tried to refere to.. They also have a way of showing love to their mate.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by dubem3(m): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
u may wanna read that post again
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Adaeze003(f): 10:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
@ambeautiful.
All this talk about real love and romantic love might be pointless because one leads to the other. And real love cannot exist without romantic love. That said, I hope you understand that this is not an argument between you and me but rather a general debate. So once again telling me that 'you have alot to offer and if I have only the body to offer its fine' is very irrelevant. Also,I never implied that in my post.

Back to the debate. I know that the topic is not all about a guy giving a girl but it can also go the other way round so i ask. How would you see a guy that takes money from his girlfriend in the name of sustaining love?
Note that I'm not against people helping eachother but this does not guarantee you an unending love and that's my point. Give guy/girl money, shower him/her with gifts all you want, when he/she is ready to live he/she will! So remind me again how money sustains romantic love!

I'm also happy to know you agree with me that they are many other things one can offer in a relationship that beats money (in my opinion). For example companionship. Again, give a guy or girl a million dollars and leave them to their own troubles and lets see how this love will be sustained.

And by hook up I didn't mean a one night stand I meant dating and that is true whether you choose to accept it or not.

Here you go with the personal issues once more, about me staying poor and reporting back. Sorry I can't because I have my hands and brain to utilize and not a man or love to pay my bills. About the cleanliness part you can refer to my previous post.

Thanks.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Very enlightening arguments.. Great job people,
will be back with my verdict tomorrow
good nite u all

*yawns*
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by DExplorer1: 2:14am On Oct 09, 2012
The tempo has increased! Good job wonderful debaters.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 09, 2012
Judges, pls post scores.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Rocktation(f): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2012
Points earned by the Contestants in the Second round of the debate and in the order of Content, Delivery, Sentence Construction, Grammatical Correctness, Clarity and Sound Reasoning;

Pearl Hapi: 4- 4- 3- 3- 3- 4.5 = 21.5

Skydeep: 1- 1- 2- 3- 3- 1 = 11

Ambeautiful: 3- 3- 3- 3.5- 3.5- 2 = 18

Adaeze: 3.5- 3- 3.5- 3- 4- 4 = 21

Riskyman: 3- 3- 3- 3- 4- 2 = 18

Dubem3: 2- 2- 3- 3- 3- 3 = 16
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by jaybee3(m): 9:03am On Oct 09, 2012
Nice one guys
Romance section members doing it big

2 Likes

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2012
2ND ROUND
Points earned by debaters in the order followed by the judge before me

Adaeze003: 3- 3- 3- 3- 3- 4 =19

Ambeautiful: 4- 4- 4- 4- 4- 4 =24

Dubem3: 3- 4- 3- 4- 3- 3 =20

Riskyman: 4- 3- 3- 3- 4- 4 = 21

Skydeep: 1- 2- 3- 2- 2- 2 = 12
Pearl~hapi: 4- 4- 3- 3- 4-4 =22
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2012
Skydeep: 2-1-3-3-2-3 = 14

Pearl-Hapi: 4-4-3-4-5 = 20

Adaeze003: 4-4-4-4-4 = 20

AmBeautiful: 4-4-4-3.5-4 = 19.5

Dubem: 2.5-2-3-3-4 = 14.5

Risky Man: 3-3-4-3-4 = 17
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2012
Rocktation:
Skydeep: 1- 1- 2- 3- 3- 1 = 11

Damn undecided. Anyways, I know I took it personal grin
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by DExplorer1: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2012
In regards to the 2nd round of the debate and topic: "Money sustains romantic love". . . I gladly present my humble judgement as duly deserved.

Hapi Pearl
Content presentation - 2 Points
Style/delivery - 3.5 Points
Grammatical correctness - 3.5 Points
Sentence construction - 1 Point
Clarity/fluency - 3 Points
Sound reasoning - 3 Points
Total Points = 16

Skydeep
Content presentation - 3 Points
Style/delivery - 3 Points
Grammatical correctness - 3 Points
Sentence construction - 3 Points
Clarity/fluency - 3.5 Points
Sound reasoning - 0 Point
Total Points = 15.5

Dubem
Content presentation - 2.5 Points
Sentence construction - 3.5 Points
Sound reasoning - 3.5 Points
Total Points = 19

Risky man
Content presentation - 4 Points
Sound reasoning - 3 points
Total Points = 20

Adaeze003
Content presentation - 3.5 Points
Style/delivery - 4 Points
Grammatical correctness - 4.5 Points
Sentence construction - 4 Points
Clarity/fluency - 3.5 Points
Sound reasoning - 3.5 points
Total Points = 23

AmBeautiful
Content presentation - 4
Style/delivery - 3.5 points
Grammatical correctness - 4.5 Points
Sentence construction - 3.5 points
Clarity/fluency: 4 points
Sound reasoning: 4 points
Total Points = 23.5

PLEASE NOTE
It's important all debaters focus on topic and not the debater. Also, you are meant to address your audience and the judges. Failure to do this, will hence prompt a low point. I remain your humble judge D-Explorer.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

Dubem
Content presentation - 2.5 Points
Sound reasoning - 3.5 Points
Total Points = 19

Risky man
Content presentation - 4 Points
Sound reasoning - 3 points
Total Points = 20

Bros.. sound reasoning is where i have a little problem. Well, all the same thanks cheesy
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 09, 2012
i think the judges and the organizer's of this debate should have waited for me to complete my second post by replying Adaeze's second post.
Next time, that should actually be a fair case, except the debater states otherwise!
Anywayz, its all good!
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2012
AmBeautiful: i think the judges and the organizer's of this debate should have waited for me to complete my second post by replying Adaeze's second post.
Next time, that should actually be a fair case, except the debater states otherwise!
Anywayz, its all good!

Sis, dont you worry.. The results clearly shows that we killed the debate cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Disagreement Is Inevitable For A Healthy Relationship - Bamisepeters' Blog / How To Insert Your Dick In Her Tight Pussy / Guys!!! What Do You Think About Her Legs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.