Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,845 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

#Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ (16439 Views)

Debate: Money Can Buy "True Love" In Nigeria. I Dare Anyone To Challenge Me / 120 Romantic Love Messages And Poem to send to your Loved one on valentines day / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

#Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first of many debates on the romance section of Nairaland entitled Money Sustains Romantic Love. The debate will be contested by selected members who indicated their willingness and interest in this debate. They will seek to convince us with their well researched points. . .

The debaters would be judged individually by Content, presentation style/ delivery, grammatical correctness, sentence construction, clarity, fluency, sound reasoning and the ability to carry the audience along.

There will be 3 rounds of debating.

The debaters from the supporting side would post their arguments one after the other, and when they are done, the debaters from the opposing side would post theirs.

After that, the judges would award points to each of the individual debaters and then the thread will be locked for 20 mins, to enable the debaters prepare for the next round.

The debaters would be paired up.

After round one, they would only reply to whoever it is they were paired up with. For instance, if sexkillz was paired up with Jaybee, after the first round, jaybee would post a reply to what sexkillz has written and sexkillz would post a reply to what jaybee wrote as well. . .

Individual points will be collated and then, the side with the highest scores win.

It promises to be fun and educative if we pay attention to the rules.

Debaters should avoid any kind of insulting words.

Reply only to your opposing member to maintain orderliness.

The audience should please refrain from contributing until they are asked to do so.

The judges will be basing their judgement and awarding points on:

Content: 5 points

Presentation style/delivery: 5 points

Grammatical correctness: 5 points

Sentence construction: 5 points

Clarity/fluency: 5 points

Sound reasoning: 5 points

Therefore the maximum points a debaters can accrue is 30 points per round.

The side with the highest number of collective individual points, win.

Judges will not interrupt the debate. They would only post individual scores after each round. And they would do this before the commencement of each round except the first round.

This was set up by someone imperfect and who is open to corrections, so pls, after the debate is over, your suggestions would be welcomed.

2 Likes

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2012

On the supporting side we have:
~vicky~
pearl hapi
AmBeautiful
Risky man
delkuf

and on the opposing side,

Adaeze003
Mary4life
Osheshe
Crazyman
Mrs Chima
skydeep
dubem3
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2012

Our judges today would be

Ijebabe

Shollypopz

Rocktation

D-Explorer.

Gree-die

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
*jogging and warming up*
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
I am officially declaring the debate open, and would like the members of the supporting side to start posting their arguments. . .
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Ariyke: 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
When is it gonna start?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
^now
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
sexkillz: I am officially declaring the debate open, and would like the members of the supporting side to start posting their arguments. . .
are u sure they are online? Or are they scared? undecided
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2012
I hope all d debaters are present?and I think they shud be listed in oder of who would post first and last for oderliness sake
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2012
I hope all d debaters are present?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by free2ryhme: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
oya where are they now?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Osheshe(f): 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
Present...
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
I skipped dinner cos of this debate. U guys should start na undecided
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
We await the supporting team. . .
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
cheesy
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
pearl~hapi:
I hope all d debaters are present?and I think they shud be listed in oder of who would post first and last for oderliness sake
sexkills pls reply my post above
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Tenderly1(f): 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
*eating popcorn and sipping ogogoro* letz go dia
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by DExplorer1: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
Reporting for duty
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
pearl~hapi:
sexkills pls reply my post above
There is no particular order, since participants are entitled to one post per round. . .

If you are ready, post yours.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by CrazyMan(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
Viewing from the side lines
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by ijebabe: 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ok! Just to be clear, once pearl starts there should be no interruption from the judges or anyone else till the ground is open for discussion.
Killz will you announce the next person once pearl is done? Skydeep and Dubem are here.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by CrazyMan(m): 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
Let those in favour of the discussion begin, then we who oppose should follow
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
The supporting team should be done first. . .
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
Why not pair those that are ready?
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by ijebabe: 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
^ I agree
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
Flashing back to exaggerated phrases like“money rules the world“,money answereth all things to mention but a few.One gets a clearer and vivid understanding of the importance and unestimated value of money in our everyday lives,love inclusive.
Goodevening our humble and unbiased judges,viewers and my codebaters,here to support the motion “money is requiréd to sustain love is my humble self,pearl.
What is love?love is having a great feeling of liking and affection for a person,let's talk about the phrase“like”for one to have a likeness for any person[s]they must have been certain qualities/features which the liked person posseses.features like how he/she dresses,talks carriage and physical appearance,and all of the above factors are fostered by money.forpersons appearance to catch your glimpse,money would have been spent for such greatlooks and to make up such personality.my opponent might argue and say WHO GIVES THE HECK about money/fashion?okay!what about the way he or she talks?that too would have been made possible through education which also requires the presence of money.bottom line is,money makes up the good things you see in an individual you choose to like/love. . A relationship devoid of a good and stable availability of income is like a farmer who goes to he's farmland and expect that that crops would sprung up without planting,watering and nuturing it.I put it to you that such love affair is like one between children trying to meet up with the trend and catch fun.little wonder great minds would advice that for anyone to go into a love affair he or she must be financially stable. . Also,not forgetting that romance is essential in every relationship,I put it to us that money is required to boost that also.imagine its your spouse[s]birthday and all he or she gets is a textmsg of HAPI BIRTHDAY DARLING!

What happened to goin an extra mile to be romantic by getting them a little presence/package or is my opponent going to argue romance isn't required?well I leave that for my judges to answer bearing in mind that money also makes up romance. Furthermore,love experts would say that love,care and kindness is a sure way to make an effective love life.putting all that into consideration,if your spouse needs your help financially no matter how little and you fail to be there for them,the above factors have been greatly violated. We'v also heard them say that love needs to be nutured for it to grow from one step to another and this is isn't done by folding our hands and repeatedly saying I love you to our spouses,it requires romance,care,kindness to grow and what is romance without finance or how is care shown by mere saying I care about you and kindness obviously doesn't mean having a random sex everyday. Av come across a lot of girls who complains of how their bfs uses them on bed without offering any kind of assistance to them,is that what we tag love?

A lot of tymes ignorance makes people say things like we hope in God,we hope in the future,well I would say that the future is now!your future with your spouse begins the moment you say yes to them except it isn't love. Lack of money in a relationship has led to so many moral decadence and social vices in our society.a lot of times guys hear about runs girls,they spit and curse!for crying out loud these girls have dere socalled bfs who tell them I love you twenty times daily and show it by having to wrestle with them on bed every passing day and am sure most of these girls\guys are strongly in support of the fact that money isn't a neccesity in a love affair,oh well the end result has always been the girls flirting around\cheating on their boy friends through the numerous runs they get involved in.love has basically been turned into how much you are good in bed,BORING IS THE WORD!well untill am called upon again to convince us that money actually and truely sustains love I rest my case

5 Likes

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
In fairness to those present from the opposing side already, please post your arguments. Just one post per round.

And pls the audience should restrict posting for now.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 6:56pm On Oct 07, 2012
Goodevening our humble and unbiased judges,viewers and my co-debaters, am here to oppose the motion “money is requiréd to sustain love. I remain my humble self, Skydeep.
The word "love" has a deep meaning and not just what the above co-debater(pearl ) defined. Love includes sacrifice and sacrifice is not all about money. It goes a long way to say one can die for love(quote me wrong if I am). Permit me to use a story about my friend who almost died of kidney stone but was saved by her financeé after he donated his kidney to her. Now tell me where money was used in this story? I guess not.

Let me also take u back to the medieval ages where things like computers, phones and other computerized gadgets are yet to be invented. Do u think our fore-fathers spent a dime for love? I guess not. They had to sacrifice, trust and understand their partners. Those qualities are what nurture love. I hope the judges are convinced by my points. Thanks

1 Like

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Osheshe(f): 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
All protocols duly observed...

My name is Osheshe and I'm here to oppose the motion which states 'Money is required to sustain romantic love".

The notion of equating love to money is wrong, and has sadly eaten deep into the society.

Why do people enter into relationships, albeit a romantic one? For companionship? Or is it because they want to be catered for?

A romantic relationship draws its strength from quality time spent, getting to know one another; not from the number of expensive hair extensions, designer apparels and the like bought and exchanged as gifts.

I draw my inspiration from the likes of Tara and Fela Durotoye. They started from rock bottom, practically penniless (or do I say kobo-less) and today they have a beautiful home together.

Money, the absence or presence of it should not be a basis to quantify romantic love.

Love is true, love is pure. Above all, love is unbiased.

With these few points of mine, I hereby present my introduction for this debate.

1 Like

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by ijebabe: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
*wondering what happened to dubem and adaeze *
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Goldieluks: 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
[size=2pt]Wow am loving this. Am against the notion FYI.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do You Tell A Date, They Have Bad Breath? / Why Some Girls Dont Wear Pant? / Guys!!! What Do You Think About Her Legs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.