Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (201189 Views)

My Trip To Ireland Dublin / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by MickinAbuja(m): 10:40pm On May 06, 2015
dotcomnamename:

Calm down, relax, sit down and coll down yourself, have a breath, read the refusal letter carefully again, read it again and again and try to figure out the embassy reason for refusal. Go ahead with your Irish Student Visa, add more documents if possible. I still believe that the Irish Embassy will still issue you the visa, provided that you make the correction. Going from one embassy to another may cause you confusion, and might even think of something else for the reason you were refused visa by Irish, so go ahead with it, at least you still have chance!

What are the documents you submitted at first?

All reasons for refusal should be addressed in any appeal. If the term 'no evidence' was used, then in any appeal evidence should be provided. Study the reasons for refusal very carefully and address each one by on attaching an appendix of evidence or documentation to back u your case. When you have this done re read what you are submitting and give the letter of appeal to a friend and ask them their opinion before submission.

I do know that the Irish VO's do take the appeal process seriously
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by MickinAbuja(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2015
VicGoodGuy:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is he not entitled for a visa by virtue of his being married to a citizen? Irrespective of his being employed or not? has he tried applying for a visa and was refused ma'am?

Actually, No he is not entitled to a Visa. He has to fulfil the requirements as laid down in the INIS website, www.inis.gov.ie which means that the onus is on the spouse in Ireland to ensure that her husband will not be an expense on the public purse and resources. She will have to show an average of €40,000 earnings over the previous 3 years (NOT EVERY YEAR, BUT IN TOTAL OVER THE PREVIOUS 3 Years. This cannot be from the welfare system
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by MickinAbuja(m): 11:22am On May 09, 2015
dotcomnamename:

You'r every funny grin .. You think it's easy like that? If it's easy the way you stated, you won't see any such applicant still asking different means to get visa for such status.

Ireland immigration system is one of the tough immigration systems
If your wife is Irish it does not mean you will be granted Spouse visa.
I've seen many people deported to 9ja from here all in the name of getting married legally to Irish Citizen... though by their law and Eu law, they should grant it, but at times they apply personal opinion instead of the law

As at now, the fair one is by Zambrano application which means if your child was born here and have the Irish passport, then you can be considered base on Zambrano ruled by the (ECJ).-European Court of Justice

I do not think that VO's apply their personal opinion because if they did the decisions would be overturned through Judicial Review. Sometimes the criteria is not clear to applicants and they have the chance at appeal to clear up any misconceptions, errors and submit extra information, evidence etc. that they may have left out in the application process, through no fault of their own
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 12:23pm On May 10, 2015
MickinAbuja:

I do not think that VO's apply their personal opinion because if they did the decisions would be overturned through Judicial Review. Sometimes the criteria is not clear to applicants and they have the chance at appeal to clear up any misconceptions, errors and submit extra information, evidence etc. that they may have left out in the application process, through no fault of their own

MickinAbuja,

Some of them do apply personal opinion, infarct lot of them do that and it is not new at all. I'm hearing it from you for the first time that they don't apply personal opinion. I can see Abuja on your name or are you an IrishVisaOfficer in Abuja? grin. Lot of cases won through oral hearing where applicants representatives proved to courts that decisions was based on personal opinion of the V.officers. My first Irish visa application was refused and i was not given right of appeal. I made a very crazy step, I sent a petition directly to the ambassador, i enclosed my original passport back to the embassy that I don't even need it any more, and i explained in the petition letter that the visa officer's decision was purely based on his personal opinion and bias. But to be sincere i actually took the risk knowing fully well that i may be banned for sending original passport with petition back. This is a case where i met all the required documents one by one even more than the documents they required coupled with the fact that i already have different visas. After few weeks, i received an email to forward a return DHL or UPS envelope within 48 hours, i couldn't get DHL and UPS then, so i used TNT, i received the envelope through TNT in Lagos and the first thing i saw was a Letter of Apology signed by the Assistant to the Ambassador and they issued me a 3 month Irish visa. I visited Dublin then and i spent only 8 days. After then it was renewed to another 3 months. So, that apology letter always look like gold to me and so i always include it in any of my visa application then, though it means nothing to any visa officer. grin .. My point here is, if you meet visa requirements and you're still refused the visa, i think its not a bad idea to challenge the decision even though issuing you the visa is not your right but privilege. But still, its good to challenge some visa decisions. They're not always right. However, fingers are not equal. I suspect you're a VisaOfficer? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by MickinAbuja(m): 7:59pm On May 21, 2015
dotcomnamename:

MickinAbuja,

Some of them do apply personal opinion, infarct lot of them do that and it is not new at all. I'm hearing it from you for the first time that they don't apply personal opinion. I can see Abuja on your name or are you an IrishVisaOfficer in Abuja? grin. Lot of cases won through oral hearing where applicants representatives proved to courts that decisions was based on personal opinion of the V.officers. My first Irish visa application was refused and i was not given right of appeal. I made a very crazy step, I sent a petition directly to the ambassador, i enclosed my original passport back to the embassy that I don't even need it any more, and i explained in the petition letter that the visa officer's decision was purely based on his personal opinion and bias. But to be sincere i actually took the risk knowing fully well that i may be banned for sending original passport with petition back. This is a case where i met all the required documents one by one even more than the documents they required coupled with the fact that i already have different visas. After few weeks, i received an email to forward a return DHL or UPS envelope within 48 hours, i couldn't get DHL and UPS then, so i used TNT, i received the envelope through TNT in Lagos and the first thing i saw was a Letter of Apology signed by the Assistant to the Ambassador and they issued me a 3 month Irish visa. I visited Dublin then and i spent only 8 days. After then it was renewed to another 3 months. So, that apology letter always look like gold to me and so i always include it in any of my visa application then, though it means nothing to any visa officer. grin .. My point here is, if you meet visa requirements and you're still refused the visa, i think its not a bad idea to challenge the decision even though issuing you the visa is not your right but privilege. But still, its good to challenge some visa decisions. They're not always right. However, fingers are not equal. I suspect you're a VisaOfficer? grin

First of all, and lets be clear - I am not a Visa Officer, nor do I know any Visa Officers in any Embassy. What I do know is people that work with me have savage trouble in getting the whole visa process right to UK, EU and Ireland even China and Japan. Also, and correct me if I am wrong, in the Irish, UK and other EU and US Embassies the Ambassador has nothing to with Visas - the visa office is staffed by Dept of Justice/State/Home Office Officials from their countries, whereas the Embassy is staffed by Foreign Office staff, who would find visa issuance beneath them. I can only assume that your petition, once it was seen as a visa matter was given to the appeals officer and he/she treated it as an appeal. I wouldn't think ambassadors would be bothered about individual visa cases, but I could be wrong. I have seen UK, Irish, EU and US visa refusal letters and the Irish and UK give proper reasons for refusal, ones that can be challenged on appeal. Maybe I'm an optimist but I would hope that VO's from all countries would be rules bound rather than opinion based

I do admire the advice you give and it has helped co-workers of mine in their applications
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 1:35pm On May 23, 2015
MickinAbuja:

First of all, and lets be clear - I am not a Visa Officer, nor do I know any Visa Officers in any Embassy. What I do know is people that work with me have savage trouble in getting the whole visa process right to UK, EU and Ireland even China and Japan. Also, and correct me if I am wrong, in the Irish, UK and other EU and US Embassies the Ambassador has nothing to with Visas - the visa office is staffed by Dept of Justice/State/Home Office Officials from their countries, whereas the Embassy is staffed by Foreign Office staff, who would find visa issuance beneath them. I can only assume that your petition, once it was seen as a visa matter was given to the appeals officer and he/she treated it as an appeal. I wouldn't think ambassadors would be bothered about individual visa cases, but I could be wrong. I have seen UK, Irish, EU and US visa refusal letters and the Irish and UK give proper reasons for refusal, ones that can be challenged on appeal. Maybe I'm an optimist but I would hope that VO's from all countries would be rules bound rather than opinion based

I do admire the advice you give and it has helped co-workers of mine in their applications

MickinAbuja,

I did not tell you that Ambassador issued me a visa, and i only explained what happened to me personally when i got my Irish visa, coupled with the fact that Sean Hoy the Ambassador of Ireland to Nigeria as the head of mission, has lot to do with visa/embassies and has worked in Irish embassies before even in Mozambique, Uganda and Vietnam. When you said ''Has Nothing To Do'', then i will say ''He has Something to do''. Will you consider telling me what you exactly mean by ''Has Nothing''? visa or more, e.t.c?

My petition to the Irish Embassy was addressed directly to the Ambassador, it was zero expectation because i never imagine it to be successful despite the fact that it was wrong for me to do that. I've already given up then, but i only try my luck then..

My point is: I only explained what i did after i was refused Irish visa and how i finally granted the visa.

As per working for embassy, its obvious i was joking...

Few weeks ago i've witnessed a situation at the Burgh Quay where a student was granted 3 months visa for Language course whereas the applicant paid for degree course after completion of two Language courses, has to received an apology from a senior officer and was asked to leave his passport and come back. This case i was there in person. I believe visa officers do make mistakes because they're human being.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by bytech(m): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
I really aprc8 u all for d good info it really assist please keep it up
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by eniboi(m): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Good day Sir,
M eniola by name I am from nigeria , I saw your thread . I need your help and guide on how to package my application. My Dad,Mum and 2 siblings are irish citizen living in ireland , but our last born his irish citizen by birth . I am the first born I stayed in Nigeria my Dad want me to come for a family visit to ireland , so Sir I want you to put me through on the requirements I will need.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by eniboi(m): 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=dotcomnamename post=16875923]

Good day Sir,
M eniola by name I am from nigeria , I saw your thread . I need your help and guide on how to package my application. My Dad,Mum and 2 siblings are irish citizen living in ireland , but our last born his irish citizen by birth . I am the first born I stayed in Nigeria my Dad want me to come for a family visit to ireland , so Sir I want you to put me through on the requirements I will need.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by eniboi(m): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
Vicjustice:

It is not a requirement to make flight itinerary, and as a student visa applicant, other itineraries are not necessary for you. Do not make the mistake of booking a flight before your visa is issued, your money would be forfeited if your visa is refused.
It is also unnecessary to bring the "family friend" into the picture, he will be useless in this situation unless he is the one accommodating you

@ VICJUSTICE

Good day Sir,
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Vicjustice: 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
eniboi:

@ VICJUSTICE

Good day Sir,
Well, your question is to general, it is not a valid request: if everyone who is applying for a visa requests this, then, I will have to be repeating the same answer over and over and over again to everyone.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by claremont(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by kelvincool1983: 8:30am On Oct 14, 2015
I need help, My tourist visa application from Nigeria to ireland embassy has been refused, but it is stated that I can appeal. The reasons for the refusal are as follow

OC:- condition- The applicant may overstay following proposed visit.
OC:- condition- The potential cost of the trip is high in comparison to the applicant's means and giving that no compelling reason for the trip have been displayed, the visa officer is not satisfied of your intention to leave the state following your visit.
OC:- observe the condiction of the visa- the visa sought is for a specific purpose and duration. The applicant has not satisfied the visa officer that such condiction would be meant

This decision can be appeal within 2 months of the date of this letter. An appeal must be submitted in writing, fully addressing all the reason for the refusal to visa appeal officer to the address shown

Please what do I do, I how can I appeal this, who can I meet to help?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hi all,

I am new to this thread. My spouse is a British Citizen by birth. However, she had lived all her life in Nigeria from infancy. She just recently collected her British passport after a 2 years long battle with the home office. Her British passport bears her married names (my names). We are planing to relocate to the UK. However, considering the financial requirement for the UK spouse visa (£18,600), which she cannot meet immediately, we are thinking of going to Ireland for 5 months to perform The Surinder Singh route (This is a method for British citizens to secure UK immigration rights for their non-European spouses). Are there Nigerian in Ireland using this route to the UK? How can I package a successful visa application for us travel together to Ireland. I currently have valid visas to UK (2 years), US (2 years) and German and Swiss Schengen (1 year). I will appreciate contribution and suggestion from the Ireland guys.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by kunle75(m): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2015
Hello Sirs/Ma`s

I am a first time traveller i intend to travel to IRELAND with my wife,and we are both first time callers,please i will like to know the do`s and the Dont of someone like us who is going out of the country for the first time.

1.what and what we need to have handy with us during our departure and and arrival in Dublin.

2.How much cash are we allowed to carry by law during departure

thanks as i await your favorable reply.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2015
kunle75:
Hello Sirs/Ma`s

I am a first time traveller i intend to travel to IRELAND with my wife,and we are both first time callers,please i will like to know the do`s and the Dont of someone like us who is going out of the country for the first time.

1.what and what we need to have handy with us during our departure and and arrival in Dublin.

Do both of you have an Irish visa?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by kunle75(m): 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2015
ekpotek:

Do both of you have an Irish visa?

yes sir.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
kunle75:

yes sir.

1. The legal tender in Republic of Ireland is the euro. Winter is approaching so you will need warm cloths to survive the weather. If you're going to stay with friend, you can carry some foodstuffs.

2. By law you can carry an amount less than $10000. If you plan to carry more than $10000 you will need to declare it to custom at point of departure. I will advise that carry maybe 1000 euro in cash and the rest on you master/visa card.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
ekpotek:
Hi all,

I am new to this thread. My spouse is a British Citizen by birth. However, she had lived all her life in Nigeria from infancy. She just recently collected her British passport after a 2 years long battle with the home office. Her British passport bears her married names (my names). We are planing to relocate to the UK. However, considering the financial requirement for the UK spouse visa (£18,600), which she cannot meet immediately, we are thinking of going to Ireland for 5 months to perform The Surinder Singh route (This is a method for British citizens to secure UK immigration rights for their non-European spouses). Are there Nigerian in Ireland using this route to the UK? How can I package a successful visa application for us travel together to Ireland. I currently have valid visas to UK (2 years), US (2 years) and German and Swiss Schengen (1 year). I will appreciate contribution and suggestion from the Ireland guys.

Was asked about this same question when i went to Dublin few days ago...

Under EU Directive 2004/38, there are very limited circumstances whereby a host Member State can lawfully refuse a visa and residence card to the immediate family members of an EU citizen exercising their free movement rights.

The UK has implemented the Surinder Singh principle at Regulations 9 of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006 , which prescribes the following conditions:

>The EU citizen is residing in an EEA State as a worker or self-employed person or was so residing before returning to the United Kingdom;

>If the family member of EU citizen is a spouse or civil partner, the parties are living together in the EEA State or had entered into the marriage or civil partnership and were living together in the EEA State before the British citizen returned to the United Kingdom;

>The centre of the EU citizen’s life has transferred to the EEA State where the EU citizen resided as a worker or self-employed person.

It is evident therefore that the UK citizen must move “the centre of their life” to Ireland, prior to returning to the UK in order to successfully invoke their EU Treaty Rights.

Meanwhile,

· A 3 month residence period is necessary;

· Holidaying or weekend visits do not qualify for the purposes of calculating the residence period;

· Any union citizen, not just workers or the self employed may benefit from the principle;

· During the required period of residence family life must have been ‘created or strengthened’;

· Abuse of the principle will not be allowed or tolerated.

I hope this answered your question? However, you may wish to contact Vicjustice and Justwise for more clarification about this. They know better.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
kunle75:
Hello Sirs/Ma`s

Oga kunle, the cold don start already O! Make you carry better jacket O! grin
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by kunle75(m): 12:33am On Oct 16, 2015
dotcomnamename:

Oga kunle, the cold don start already O! Make you carry better jacket O! grin

i will sir,my cousin who resides there already told me that
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by kunle75(m): 12:35am On Oct 16, 2015
ekpotek:

1. The legal tender in Republic of Ireland is the euro. Winter is approaching so you will need warm cloths to survive the weather. If you're going to stay with friend, you can carry some foodstuffs.

2. By law you can carry an amount less than $10000. If you plan to carry more than $10000 you will need to declare it to custom at point of departure. I will advise that carry maybe 1000 euro in cash and the rest on you master/visa card.

Thanks for the info sir,i just want to be sure that there is no minimum amount to which one can move with except for th maximum which is 10k.

Thanks
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 11:41am On Oct 16, 2015
dotcomnamename:

Was asked about this same question when i went to Dublin few days ago...

Under EU Directive 2004/38, there are very limited circumstances whereby a host Member State can lawfully refuse a visa and residence card to the immediate family members of an EU citizen exercising their free movement rights.

The UK has implemented the Surinder Singh principle at Regulations 9 of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006 , which prescribes the following conditions:

>The EU citizen is residing in an EEA State as a worker or self-employed person or was so residing before returning to the United Kingdom;

>If the family member of EU citizen is a spouse or civil partner, the parties are living together in the EEA State or had entered into the marriage or civil partnership and were living together in the EEA State before the British citizen returned to the United Kingdom;

>The centre of the EU citizen’s life has transferred to the EEA State where the EU citizen resided as a worker or self-employed person.

It is evident therefore that the UK citizen must move “the centre of their life” to Ireland, prior to returning to the UK in order to successfully invoke their EU Treaty Rights.

Meanwhile,

· A 3 month residence period is necessary;

· Holidaying or weekend visits do not qualify for the purposes of calculating the residence period;

· Any union citizen, not just workers or the self employed may benefit from the principle;

· During the required period of residence family life must have been ‘created or strengthened’;

· Abuse of the principle will not be allowed or tolerated.

I hope this answered your question? However, you may wish to contact Vicjustice and Justwise for more clarification about this. They know better.

I am quite familiar with the process as I have done some research. I was trying to find out if their Nigerian in Ireland using this route to bring their immediate family member to the UK? My spouse and I are planing to use this route next year so I would be happy to hear from Nigerian that have successfully used the SS route when they are unable to meet the financial requirement of a UK spouse visa. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2015
kunle75:

Thanks for the info sir,i just want to be sure that there is no minimum amount to which one can move with except for th maximum which is 10k.

Thanks

Be ready for Custom are Departure gate. They may want to intimidate you by asking how much FC your carrying or where are you traveling to. Just tell them that you have all your money on your card before CBN ban on FC deposit. Safe trip
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by madni4ever: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
hello sir
I am submit UK visit visa application. me and my mother. my brother has convocation in his university that's how he send me the letter. I have 2 month bank statement of 8 lac PKR I also attached my salary slips and my sis declaration and bank statement show that she spourt us during visit and after visit what will be the result
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by lifeofbright: 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
hello am from Ghana and am moving to turkey next week on a 3 months turkish visa
i would like to know if its possible to apply for Ireland visa in turkey with my documents?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
lifeofbright:
hello am from Ghana and am moving to turkey next week on a 3 months turkish visa
i would like to know if its possible to apply for Ireland visa in turkey with my documents?
It actually depend on the category of your visa. If you are in possession of Student visa or residence permit, you can apply from Turkey otherwise, you will asked to go back to Ghana & make your application
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by azoo: 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
Please does anyone know how long it takes to get an Irish study visa?? Urgent answer needed. thanks in advance.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by greeners222(m): 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
ok
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
azoo:
Please does anyone know how long it takes to get an Irish study visa?? Urgent answer needed. thanks in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/1067797/traveling-ireland-dublin-etc
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by blessingGO(f): 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello, good evening I need help pls..... I would be coming to dublin this month for my masters.... I need a link where I can book accomodation and I need information on goods I can bring in to sell that wld yield cash... I wld like to secure an accommodation in an area where nigerians reside. Thank you... I welcome ideas pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.