Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock (40698 Views)

UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating / Face Of One Of The UNIPORT Students Murderers / Photo: One Of The UNIPORT Students Killed For Stealing Phone And Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock by century106: 4:30am On Oct 10, 2012
I have only read 5 pages on this thread and would like to say something here...
I graduated from Uniport and during my study period; I had several of my cousins live with me at different times - I stayed in Alakahia one of the villages in the 'tri-host' communities of Uniport (Alakahia, Aluu, & Choba). These people don't have hearts!!! I came close to loosing one of my cousin and a younger student under my care at different times (similar events). The first event happened when my cousin was returning from a well publicized social event that took place within the school campus, he was accosted by the vigilante guys, they instantly labelled him a 'notorious armed robber', brutally flogged him on his bare back with a cutlas. I still remember how terrified I was that night, when they knocked at my door with guns and cutlasses demanding that I open my 'burglary'. Our only saviour that night was the fact that most of the vigilante guys knew me (from the fact that my 4 year study, was 4 year study - I remained in the community even during school breaks and xmas period for the entire 4 years tongue), but this didn't stop them from looting away our valuables that night and yet they were about serving justice to a 'notorious armed robber'. Two years later, very similar event happened, this time with 2 Jambites who went into the Campus to study in the night (as its usual for students during exams period), 1 of these Jambites was under my care at the time. I was once again terrified when they (vigilante guys) started hitting my gate with cutlasses demanding that I come out at about 2 AM and once again, on my coming out I saw that these two innocent boys have been thoroughly beaten with cutlas, their phones collected from them and they have unwillingly accepted the crime they have been alleged. Till this day, I still think the many Christmas I stayed back was the only factor that saved these boys.

Now to the subject at hand; just as I will not beatify the battered boys, I don't believe they were cultists or armed robbers, I say this for a fact because one of the Jambites in my little story knows these boys in person and when he (the ex-Jambite) called me to relate the story to me, he couldn't contain his gratitude to God for sparing his life during his own ordeal some years back. Yes, there were/are several cases of robberies but innocent fellows are usually made scape goats, my cousin was, the ex-Jambite was and I think these boys followed same path to exit this horrible world. I have refused to watch the video; no matter what their crime was, they didn't deserve jungle justice, not even in this modern time. I'm more pissed at those that stood by, watching and taking photos and videos and did absolutely nothing to save lives, a good revenge would be to torture them first before the actual perpetrators of this gruesome act lipsrsealed.

In as much as am a peace loving person and don't believe in tit for tat, am truly disappointed and shamed that after four days Aluu still exist and can be traced on the map of River State. Unique Uniport students where have your uniqueness gone to?? Why would Aluu soil continue to drink the bloods of innocent kids sent to study? How soon did the wounds and shame of the rapes on Aluu soil healed from your hearts? The many bright stars that were quenched and sent to early graves on regular basis on that same Aluu soil, have they been avenged?? I shed silent tears for my alma mata, my eyelids can't cover the tears for my dear Nigeria anymore! The picture I saw - the one where one of them was kneeling and ablaze, yes that one; many thoughts have gone through my head of what he possible was thinking at that point, was he asking God to forgive him all his life's sins? Was he praying for his family or like Christ did he utter 'father forgive them for they don't know what they have done'? How can human assume god and decide who lives and who doesn'tcry

My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families, may God grant them the fortitude to bear this painful lost and am praying for the repose of the souls of these young boys who met their untimely end this way, may God accept their souls and may justice for them prevent others from ending this way - Amen

A fact is, we will all die some day, but no one prays/hopes/wishes to die this way and this soon too!
(*grammar and typos not checked*)

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:41am On Oct 10, 2012
century106:
My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families, may God grant them the fortitude to bear this painful lost and am praying for the repose of the souls of these young boys who met their untimely end this way, may God accept their souls and may justice for them prevent others from ending this way - Amen

A fact is, we will all die some day, but no one prays/hopes/wishes to die this way and this soon too!
(*grammar and typos not checked*)

First of all you are a good writer. Very engaging.

On a more serious note. You ex-Uniport students should have fought to alert new students of the deadliness of different areas around the school. All my life in Port-Harcourt. I have never heard of how bad those areas are. Better late than never. It is Sad humans can be so wicked to their kind.
Re: Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock by century106: 5:31am On Oct 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

First of all you are a good writer. Very engaging.

On a more serious note. You ex-Uniport students should have fought to alert new students of the deadliness of different areas around the school. All my life in Port-Harcourt. I have never heard of how bad those areas are. Better late than never. It is Sad humans can be so wicked to their kind.

Thanks for the compliments wink
One of the advice I got before I started my study in Uniport was to not live in Choba and yet again the events I narrated happened in the most peaceful community out of the 3 host communities of Uniport - Alakahia. These people are heartless [s]and somewhat envious of outsiders coming to brighten their future in their community[/s]. Nowhere is safe really, first it was Back of Chem (Choba) now it's been Aluu for a very long time and am certain several new comers are often warned about residing in Aluu by loved ones and senior colleagues but for socializing-sakes they end up living in that dreaded bush and I still wonder what's in Aluu that students would want to live there. Is it the famous Pritaso' hostels? or the fact they have many bushy areas suitable for cult activities? Yes bad students abound in Aluu but yet again some innocent ones who stubbornly chose to live there end up being subjected to these ill treatments... There have been several cases of murder of both innocent and 'non-innocent' students in that same Aluu... Ra.pe happens too and it beats me students still flood to go live in that bush .

If Ugonna or whoever was the rich dad's son had chosen to flaunt his father's wealth by living in one of the expensive and porch self-contain in Alakahia, maybe he wouldn't have woken up that early or even see a bike that will commute him to Aluu by 5Am, maybe, just maybe he will still be alive today cry and I wouldn't have to be here feeling this much hate for those that stood by and watch 'em lynched to their demise... Walahi my anger for now is reserved for all 'em muda fcukas that took photos and videos - that is what our world is gradually turning into, where hunger to feed social media with photos, videos and gists makes us sterile of our humanly functions.
Re: Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock by luwoyes: 6:50am On Oct 10, 2012
This is just wickedness,hw on earth will. Somebody do this to a fellow human being?no matter what their offence may be.the pains those guy went through is just too much bfr they died.those people involve must be brought to book.aluu village has been cursed right from †ђε day of the incident.over to u lord.
Re: Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock by rhymz(m): 6:56am On Oct 10, 2012
century106:

One of the advice I got before I started my study in Uniport was to not live in Choba and yet again the events I narrated happened in the most peaceful community out of the 3 host communities of Uniport - Alakahia. These people are heartless [s]and somewhat envious of outsiders coming to brighten their future in their community[/s]. Nowhere is safe really, first it was Back of Chem (Choba) now it's been Aluu for a very long time and am certain several new comers are often warned about residing in Aluu by loved ones and senior colleagues but for socializing-sakes they end up living in that dreaded bush and I still wonder what's in Aluu that students would want to live there. Is it the famous Pritaso' hostels? or the fact they have many bushy areas suitable for cult activities? Yes bad students abound in Aluu but yet again some innocent ones who stubbornly chose to live there end up being subjected to these ill treatments... There have been several cases of murder of both innocent and 'non-innocent' students in that same Aluu... Ra.pe happens too and it beats me students still flood to go live in that bush .

If Ugonna or whoever was the rich dad's son had chosen to flaunt his father's wealth by living in one of the expensive and porch self-contain in Alakahia, maybe he wouldn't have woken up that early or even see a bike that will commute him to Aluu by 5Am, maybe, just maybe he will still be alive today cry and I wouldn't have to be here feeling this much hate for those that stood by and watch 'em lynched to their demise... Walahi my anger for now is reserved for all 'em muda fcukas that took photos and videos - that is what our world is gradually turning into, where hunger to feed social media with photos, videos and gists makes us sterile of our humanly functions.
Here is a person with some brains. Thank you for giving us an insider opinion on how these people operate. Na person wey no go school wey dey located inside a remote village or community na him go dey yarn anyhow how dey assume nonsense and calling those boys cultists and armed robbers even when there are no proofs for such claims. I went to a school in a village community too with a vigilante too peopled by illiterates and criminals who would readily mete out jungle justice at anyone accused of anything especially if you happen to be a student of the University. These people can be very envious and bitter, they will not hesitate to kill you and label you anything once the opportunity comes for them to do so. I remember how indigens of the villages will intimidate and even call their friends from the vigilante group to treat your Bleep, some cult students even use them as well to tidy their foes.
That's why I am appalled by the temerity and presumptuosness of the eeediots gloating over their deaths and making all sorts of uncanny statements just so they can get attention here and prolly boost their bruised ego, sth they cant seem to get or do in real life. Those boys where victims of an envious and hateful people who feel just like the insecure eeediots gloating over their deaths that feels oppressed by the sheer difference between the social status of these young boys and their pathetic lives.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock by manbuchai: 8:40am On Oct 10, 2012
century106:

A lot of people does not know that Ikwerre people are evil and wicked.They are not better than the boko harams...

Re: Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock by polokor60(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2012
rhymz: Here is a person with some brains. Thank you for giving us an insider opinion on how these people operate. Na person wey no go school wey dey located inside a remote village or community na him go dey yarn anyhow how dey assume nonsense and calling those boys cultists and armed robbers even when there are no proofs for such claims. I went to a school in a village community too with a vigilante too peopled by illiterates and criminals who would readily mete out jungle justice at anyone accused of anything especially if you happen to be a student of the University. These people can be very envious and bitter, they will not hesitate to kill you and label you anything once the opportunity comes for them to do so. I remember how indigens of the villages will intimidate and even call their friends from the vigilante group to treat your Bleep, some cult students even use them as well to tidy their foes.
That's why I am appalled by the temerity and presumptuosness of the eeediots gloating over their deaths and making all sorts of uncanny statements just so they can get attention here and prolly boost their bruised ego, sth they cant seem to get or do in real life. Those boys where victims of an envious and hateful people who feel just like the insecure eeediots gloating over their deaths that feels oppressed by the sheer difference between the social status of these young boys and their pathetic lives.
your are so on point,for those of us who have first hand experience with the hostile/mauling attitudes of the host communities towards the students living with in their communities can always read between the lines about the true picture of what really transpired before this tragic incident happened.most of the indigenes of this host communities are renowned bullies,will the stupid village chief pass the judgement of death on those four innocent students if they were indigenes of aluu?the answer is no.when i read the story at first,i knew from the onset that what lead to the gruesome murder of these young lads was a frame up story without any proof.those who have not experience such mauling from illitrate villagers/vigilante will always be the first to run out their mouth about something they know nothing about.those students where victims of blood tasty vimpires in human skin.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock by century106: 9:34am On Oct 10, 2012
manbuchai: A lot of people does not know that Ikwerre people are evil and wicked.They are not better than the boko harams...

Brother am with you on this; we call them Obi akpo (dry heart) people.
Re: Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock by GODWINGODSON(m): 4:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
R.I.P Ugonna,Chidiaka,Lloyd and Tekana

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Banker Who Was Killed By Robbers Two Weeks After Wife Gave Birth, Buried. Photos / Kulere Murder: Police Offers N10Million For Information / 32-Year-Old Man Rapes 78-Year-Old Grandmother In Niger, Damages Her Private Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.