Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Advantages Of Polygamy? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advantages Of Polygamy? (45037 Views)

Counter Thread: Advantages Of Dating A Tall Girl. / Paradox Of Polygamy / 13 Advantages Of Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by lucabrasi(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

If your dad was truly educated like you claim he wouldnt think that sleeping with other women would grant him the holy "male child" considering the Y chromosome comes from men.

please i was onli contributing to the thread and sharing my personal experience and not calling for insults from you,please for the fact that the internet is ananymous isnt a lincense for u to insult my dad or cast aspersions on his person cause he is neither ur mate or ur equal,i dont have the foggiest idea about y chromosone or whaeva and im sure a lot of people dont as well unless its related to their discipline or their interests and for a 78 yr s old man i dont think a lot of people thought that way in his time of youth so that wasnt realli called for at all
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by deola1(m): 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2008
cold funmi shocked, moslem ko moslem ni, if u want to bump into it just tell me.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dalby(m): 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

If your dad was truly educated like you claim he wouldnt think that sleeping with other women would grant him the holy "male child" considering the Y chromosome comes from men.

Yes o the Y chromosome comes from the man, well said cool
For pregnancy to occur, the egg and the sperm must meet, right.
Now if the woman does not know when she ovulates, and about that time the man is randy and asking for it. She calmly tells him she is not in the mood what happens If him force am una go shout rape shocked
If the woman is always in the mood for sex, way after or before her ovulation this definitely leads to a double X, na the man you go still blame Women, you guys are something else, the man always takes the rap. Thank GOD say all of us go school cool

lucabrasi, hail popsi for me, any time you have the opportunity to tell him how much of a blessing he has been to you, do not hessitate grin grin grin
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

gbam!!
no addition ,no substraction
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2008
yemivictor:

Yes o!

e.g. Dr. Doyin Abiola and even many more of MKO's wives were very well educated!

So what are we saying here, that they didn't know what they were doing?

THINK AGAIN! grin

The summary of this thread is that, much as a man will take a second wife out of greed and selfishness . . .

Will an educated woman also be a 2nd or 3rd wife to a man out of the same greed and selfishness!!

I keep stressing it on this forum that no gender is guiltier than the other on any issue whatsoever!!!

Capish!!! grin

and I say it,that polygamy equals wickedness to the first wife. grin
I'm yet to be proven wrong.
The second and third wives,if they are adults are just as foolish as the man who started the whole communal thingy.
Marriage is not compulsory
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 24, 2008
lucabrasi:

hey y' all,kind of new on nairaland,but i felt the urge to contribute to this thread cause im from a polygamous home,polygamy is not just as a result of lack of education cause my dad is highly educated and all his friends and contemporaries were as well,he got into polygamy cause of his quest for a male child and he onli got a male child after the 3rd and 4th wife.he was lucky to be wealthy as well so all of us all schooled in uk after sec school and there was not trouble or nethn while growing up the onli disadvantage i cud think of his the undercurrents between wives competing and cause i lost my mum while i was young,me n ma brothers tend to bear the brunt of the verbal abuse but it didnt go out of hand but on the whole i[b] think polygamy isnt right at all[/b]

You've summarized well.
That is one of your dad's example you must not follow.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dreloaded(f): 11:39pm On Feb 24, 2008
lucabrasi:

please i was onli contributing to the thread and sharing my personal experience and not calling for insults from you,please for the fact that the internet is ananymous isnt a lincense for u to insult my dad or cast aspersions on his person cause he is neither your mate or your equal,i don't have the foggiest idea about y chromosone or whaeva and im sure a lot of people don't as well unless its related to their discipline or their interests and for a 78 yr s old man i don't think a lot of people thought that way in his time of youth so that wasnt realli called for at all

First off, I really hope you are in school, before it's too late embarassed. How old are you? You should know bout X and Y chromosomes.

Secondly if you are gonna brag about your dad being "highly educated", you should know a truly educated person wouldnt go around spreading his seeds in hopes for a male child when anyone that actually has been to school SHOULD know that the chromosome required for a male kid lies in the man.

get it now?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by lucabrasi(m): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

First off, I really hope you are in school, before it's too late embarassed. How old are you? You should know bout X and Y chromosomes.

Secondly if you are going to brag about your dad being "highly educated", you should know a truly educated person wouldnt go around spreading his seeds in hopes for a male child when anyone that actually has been to school SHOULD know that the chromosome required for a male kid lies in the man.

get it now?
im sorry but dyu have a problem with the "highly educated" bit or with the fact that he is into polygamy?there are so many highly educated people that are polygamous,mko abiola was highly educated,and thousands of wealthy men who are polygamous and if u read my post and understood ull notice what i wrote was, that was the reason my dad gave rightly or wronglyand its not for me to judge, the onli thing that concerns me as an individual is that i was not maltreated and i and all the rest of us never wanted for anything till this very moment, so he has not failed as a dad to us,i was not boasting i was onli responding to the other posts and pointing out that its not just illiterates that marry many wives ,
he might be spreading his seeds like u say but the most important thing is that he made sure every single one of us had the basic i.e quality education both in naij and abroad,we had no reason to want for food or clothes or anything and b4 u say, i wasnt boasting but sayn these so u ll realise he s taken care of all "these seeds he d brought into the world"
and btw what d u say about professors who r polygamous,
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by lucabrasi(m): 12:02am On Feb 25, 2008
nwando:

You've summarized well.
That is one of your dad's example you must not follow.
true,you r right there cause the real danger in polygamy is not about providing for the wives n children but the dad actually being there so its smthing ill not wish on my enemy,my dad ll be the first person to tell u not to make the same mistake he did as well
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dreloaded(f): 12:07am On Feb 25, 2008
MKO was a Moslem, he has an excuse for his idiocy and he wasnt educated in the right sense. He was a foolish thief which is why he's dead.

Dont know why people keep using him as an example. So he went to prominent school aboard, big deal. He wasnt smart in the way that matters.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

MKO was a Moslem, he has an excuse for his idiocy and he wasnt educated in the right sense. He was a foolish thief which is why he's dead.

Dont know why people keep using him as an example. So he went to school aboard, big deal. He wasnt smart in the way that matters.

Is it anyone that goes to school that's truly smart ?
If anyone wants to give examples amongst Moslems,he should talk of Moslems that married and stuck to one wife,I'm sure there are hundreds and thousands of such.
Why do we keep hearing about about a man who when he died,children were crawling out of the woodworks claiming pikiness.
abeg.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by lucabrasi(m): 12:12am On Feb 25, 2008
First off, I really hope you are in school, before it's too late . How old are you? You should know bout X and Y chromosomes.

@d-reloaded
yea im in school thanks for asking and anticipating your next question every single one of us have at least a first degree upwards so "dont hope for me before its too late"whats my age got to do with anything?like i said i dont know about x and y chromosone cause its not realli important to me what either the child is male or female,read what i wrote b4 going off on one ok, i said that was my dads reasons either right or wrong thats left for him not for me to judge and definitely not for you to judge as well.

hope you understand as well too?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dreloaded(f): 12:15am On Feb 25, 2008
lucabrasi:

im sorry but dyu have a problem with the "highly educated" bit or with the fact that he is into polygamy?there are so many highly educated people that are polygamous,mko abiola was highly educated,and thousands of wealthy men who are polygamous and if u read my post and understood ull notice what i wrote was, that was the reason my dad gave rightly or wronglyand its not for me to judge, the onli thing that concerns me as an individual is that i was not maltreated and i and all the rest of us never wanted for anything till this very moment, so he has not failed as a dad to us,i was not boasting i was onli responding to the other posts and pointing out that its not just illiterates that marry many wives ,
he might be spreading his seeds like u say but the most important thing is that he made sure every single one of us had the basic i.e quality education both in naij and abroad,we had no reason to want for food or clothes or anything and before u say, i wasnt boasting but sayn these so u ll realise he s taken care of all "these seeds he d brought into the world"
and between what d u say about professors who r polygamous,

I dont think you got my point. What Im saying is your father's REASON for marrying other women isnt one that a highly educated person should use ie "looking for a male child", you'd expect that from some villager that never went past Primary 5. meaning an educated person would KNOW that such things depends on the guy not the woman/wife.

anyway apparently you realised the great disadavantage of such on your own
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 25, 2008
luca,no need to get all defensive.
Your dad did his thing,he learnt from it and discourages it and through that,you don't plan on being polygamous.
So you see,you and reloaded are speaking the same language.
Let me apologise if you felt we insulted your dad.

I'm glad,at least you most likely will not be polygamous from your personal experiences.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dreloaded(f): 12:20am On Feb 25, 2008
I think he rather just lash out instead of trying to understand my point

Im just saying chromosome lectures is Basic Biology that anyone who has taken a science class should know
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by lucabrasi(m): 1:11am On Feb 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

I think he rather just lash out instead of trying to understand my point

I'm just saying chromosome lectures is Basic Biology that anyone who has taken a science class should know
understand what u r saying and i wasnt lashing out,im just saying that we the children know better and would not make the same mistake and i for one dont mind if i have a male or female child and with the basic biology thing i wasnt a science student either in sec schl,uni and up till now so as u can see i havent got the foggiest idea but 'preciate the whole x and y chromosone thingy now than u v rephrased urself

@nwando
no hard feelings bred,its all good n thanks
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by 4Play(m): 1:14am On Feb 25, 2008
lucabrasi:

and with the basic biology thing i wasnt a science student either in sec schl,uni and up till now so as u can see i havent got the foggiest idea but 'preciate the whole x and y chromosone thingy now than u v rephrased yourself

Secondary school Biology  grin My Biology teacher stressed on it in case there were some potential male nitwits in the class who will dump their wives over her "failure" to produce a male kid grin
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by doyin13(m): 2:43am On Feb 25, 2008
I knw the inclusion of chromosomes is meant to lay the '''blame''' for no-male kids
at the doorstep of the male. . . .

me i reckon sha that the type of chromosome wey the man produce depends on the female
e dey couple with. . . .

A bountiful bosom, waists that wiggle from side to side and booty that you can bounce off
is a sure recipe for y-chromosomes grin grin
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by blacklion(m): 3:01am On Feb 25, 2008
@ nwando and d-reloaded,

pls get your science right before you go on your usual male-bashing tangent. Pls google 'alkali+vagine+sperm' and land educate yourselves on 'acidic' and 'alkaline' vaginas.

Get your facts right please -

1. if a woman has strong vaginal secretions [the so-called 'acidic vagina', odds are that she will produce more of female than male kids because male chromosomes can't stand acidic vagina

2. some woman NATURALLY have more 'alkaline vaginas' than others. Such women are more likely to have male children

Pls I have seen from PERSONAL experience where a man was married to a woman for donkey years with only female kids but immediately he married another woman, he had male kids. 2 examples that I know of personally. Now I would advise a man in such situation to go for sex selection rather than marry another wife but the fact still remains that feminists like to use this male vs female chromosome thing to bash men.

Fact is - some women are NATURALLY more receptive to male chromosomes than other women due to acidic vs alkaline vagina

For more education pls see -

http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/conceiving/Choosing_your_babys_sex_article_86944.html

http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/shettlesmethod.htm
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by blacklion(m): 3:06am On Feb 25, 2008
People should learn to mind their manners before they give wrong impression of their upbringing. Someone wrote of his father's experience - the next thing is to insult the man. Would you dare insult anyone's father if you were standing next to them? Is it because we are on internet, therefore you take license to insult people's parents. Abeg, this is taking so-called feminism to ridiculous extent.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dreloaded(f): 3:16am On Feb 25, 2008
If you cry loud enough, you might find someone who gives a shit

where's the male bashing? delusional clown.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by blacklion(m): 3:19am On Feb 25, 2008
abeg, go and grow up. coming here to insult people's parents when you don't even have your science correct. go and educate yourself on human reproduction properly and then we can have an adult conversation

every thread on nairaland you and your gang members are for ever bashing men as if women are angels or saints
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dreloaded(f): 3:51am On Feb 25, 2008
You're an idiot if you took what I said as a blatant insult to the poster's father

Like I said keep on crying.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dalby(m): 8:56am On Feb 25, 2008
@blacklion

Na talk dey bring talk, highly educative info you have there.

No body has the right to insult another persons parent, whatever the circumstance, full stop shocked cry

I really don't know how some people delight in insulting other, when their views hit the rocks in any intellectual discuss embarassed undecided
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 25, 2008
doyin13:

A bountiful bosom, waists that wiggle from side to side and booty that you can bounce off
is a sure recipe for y-chromosomes grin grin
Roflmbao. tell me u joking. lol cheesy cheesy

@topic
zilch

D-reloaded:

You're an idiot if you took what I said as a blatant insult to the poster's father
Wz dt really necessary?
Dalby:

No body has the right to insult another persons parent, whatever the circumstance, full stop shocked cry
I really don't know how some people delight in insulting other, when their views hit the rocks in any intellectual discuss embarassed undecided
beats me too.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dreloaded(f): 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2008
^ Was I referring to you? gbeborun.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by yemivictor: 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

^ Was I referring to you? gbeborun.

At least, now you know that having a baby boy does not start & end with X and Y chromosomes! grin

@ nwando,

The cruelty you claim is meted out to the first wife by reason of polygamy is done by the man in collaboration with the stupid & greedy subsequent wives!

Men & women alike, are equally guilty of polygamy!!
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dreloaded(f): 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2008
yemivictor:

At least, now you know that having a baby boy does not start & end with X and Y chromosomes! grin

@ nwando,

The cruelty you claim is meted out to the first wife by reason of polygamy is done by the man in collaboration with the stupid & greedy subsequent wives!

Men & women alike, are equally guilty of polygamy!!

Lol if you like, go around looking for women with posters or tattoos on their heads stating 'acidic" or "alkaline vagina"

Wetin concern me? grin

I do agree with your last statement although not ALL polygamous homes are due to the fact that the women WANTED to be a secondf or third wife yada yada, some are forced into that crap sad
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by yemivictor: 8:31am On Feb 26, 2008
D-reloaded:

Lol if you like, go around looking for women with posters or tattoos on their heads stating 'acidic" or "alkaline vagina"

Wetin concern me? grin

ROFL! grin grin grin

You are one very funny babe you know?

Perhaps we could start with you!

A tattoo in your groin indicating which category your snatch falls into would be way classier than your suggestion though!! grin

D-reloaded:

I do agree with your last statement although not ALL polygamous homes are due to the fact that the women WANTED to be a secondf or third wife yada yada, some are forced into that crap sad

Oh yeah!

Just like some men are seduced into the same crap! grin
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Dreloaded(f): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2008
forced aka child brides. They still exist in case you werent aware
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by yemivictor: 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2008
D-reloaded:

forced aka child brides. They still exist in case you werent aware

I'm quite aware!

But thanks to education & enlightenment!!

It is on the decline world northern nigeria-over!!! grin
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 27, 2008
@blacklion
Checked out the links u provided n' they were quite informative. Thanx. the outlined pieces of information've actually been around for a while n' do lend some credence to your argument. note that most however remain in the realm of conjecture.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

3 Categories Of Ladies You Should Never Assume Are Into You / Samuel Afolabi Proposes To His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Europe (Photos) / Man In Thailand 'Kills' His Sex Doll. Dumps Body In Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.