Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,716 members, 7,862,269 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:42 PM

#DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ (19581 Views)

What Is The Ideal Number Of Rounds Of Sex A Man Should Go? / Things Every Man Should Learn To Do / Weekend Debate: A Man Is Right To Assert His. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2012
uj-sizzle:

Content: 3.75 points
Presentation style/delivery:4 points
Grammatical correctness:3.75 points
Sentence construction: 4 points
Clarity/Fluency: 3.75 points
Sound Reasoning: 3.75 points
Logical Development of Argument:4 points
Effective Conclusion: 4 points
Total = 31 points

candygosh:

Content: 4 points
Presentation style/delivery: 4 points
Grammatical correctness:3.75 points
Sentence construction: 3.75 points
Clarity/Fluency: 4 points
Logical Development of Argument:3.5 points
Effective Conclusion:4 points
Total = 30.75 points

MRbrownJAY:

Content: 4.5 points
Presentation style/delivery:4 points
Grammatical correctness: 4 points
Sound Reasoning: 4 points
Logical Development of Argument:4.5 points
Total = 33 points

Mrs..Chima:

Content: 3.75 points
Grammatical correctness: 4.5 points
Sentence construction: 4.5 points
Logical Development of Argument:4 points
Total = 32.5 points

dont8:

Content: 3.5 points
Presentation style/delivery: 2 points
Grammatical correctness:4 points
Sentence construction: 3 points
Clarity/Fluency: 3.75 points
Sound Reasoning: 2.5 points
Logical Development of Argument: 2 points
Effective Conclusion: 2.75 points
Total = 23.5 points

ayobase:

Logical Development of Argument: 3.5 points
Effective Conclusion: 2.5 points
Total = 29.5 points
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by greedie1(f): 8:49am On Oct 16, 2012
FINAL ROUND

Mrbrownjay

Content: 4.3 
Presentation style/ delivery: 4.6
Grammatical correectness: 4.6
Sentence construction: 4.6
Clarity/ fluency: 5
Sound reasoning: 4.6
Logical development: 4.3
Effective conclusion: 3.6
Total: 35.6

Uj-sizzle

Content: 4 
Presentation style/ delivery: 4.3
Grammatical correectness: 4
Sentence construction: 4
Clarity/ fluency: 4.6
Sound reasoning: 5
Logical development: 3.6
Effective conclusion: 3.6
Total: 33.1

Dont8

Content: 2.6 
Presentation style/ delivery: 2.3 
Grammatical correectness: 3
Sentence construction: 3
Clarity/ fluency: 3
Sound reasoning: 3
Logical development: 2.3
Effective conclusion: 1.3
Total: 20.5

Candygosh

Content: 2.6 
Presentation style/ delivery: 3
Grammatical correectness: 3.3
Sentence construction: 3.3
Clarity/ fluency: 2.6
Sound reasoning: 3
Logical development: 3
Effective conclusion: 2.6
Total: 23.4

Ayobase

Content: 3.6 
Presentation style/ delivery: 4
Grammatical correectness: 4
Sentence construction: 4
Clarity/ fluency: 4.3
Sound reasoning: 4
Logical development: 4
Effective conclusion: 3
Total; 30.9

Mrs.Chima

Content: 3 
Presentation style/ delivery: 3.6
Grammatical correectness: 3.3
Sentence construction: 3.6
Clarity/ fluency: 4
Sound reasoning: 3.3
Logical development: 2.6
Effective conclusion: 4
Total: 26.4
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 8:55am On Oct 16, 2012
Excuse me judge Shollypopz, my score should be 31 not 33.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ijebabe: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2012
FINAL ROUND SCORES

MRbrownJAY
Clarity/Fluency: 4.5 points
Logical Development of Argument: 4.5 points
Effective Conclusion: 4.5 points
Total score: 35

Ayobase
Sound Reasoning: 3.5 point
Logical Development of Argument: 3.5 point
Effective Conclusion: 4 point
Total score: 31

Dont8
Content: 3 points
Presentation style/delivery: 3 points
Sentence construction: 3.5 points
Clarity/Fluency: 3.5 points
Sound Reasoning: 3 points
Logical Development of Argument: 3 points
Effective Conclusion: 3 points
Total score: 26

Mrs. Chima
Sound Reasoning: 4.5 points
Logical Development of Argument: 4.5 points
Total score: 35

candygosh
Sentence construction: 3.5 points
Sound Reasoning: 3.5 points
Logical Development of Argument: 4 points
Total score: 29.5

uj_sizzle
Presentation style/delivery: 4.5 points
Sound Reasoning: 4.5 points
Effective Conclusion: 4.5 points
Total score: 35.5

A really tough round and I must say the best in my opinion! Good job guys smiley
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 16, 2012
uj_sizzle: Excuse me judge Shollypopz, my score should be 31 not 33.
I quoted my earlier post to get you guys names. I must hv mixed d number up. embarassed
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2012
aplology to evry 1.. 4 not login in all dis yl i was hospitalised but now am back and better!!!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by dont8(m): 11:10am On Oct 16, 2012
Good morning Mr.Moderator, Panel of Judges, My
wonderful teammates (Ayobase, MBJ and Bennyraz), My opposing team and Fellow NLanders.

It was unfortunate my argument to counter this writeup wiped off, but I'll summarize what I wrote earlier.

am not here to respond to that cliche as my team mate mrs chima has done justice to that. So I would be addressing the ship issue.
I wasn't in titanic so I couldn't have been able to tell if it was only a captain that sailed the ship.
But one thing am sure of is, a big and large ship such as titanic would never have been sailed or controlled by just one captain.
I believe that if a ship has two captains it will row to safety and not capsize and hit a brickwall as you have stated .
Why Where one captain sails a ship and encounters any difficulty he might not know how to attend to such situation but when they are two, one captain uses the others experience and TOGETHER they sail the ship safely through the storms and obstructions.
Afterall as they say "two heads are better than one"

For your information, ship has only one captain and co-captain, all other crew-members are subordinate to the captain. The man is the captain while the woman is co-captain.

I wouldn't want to delve so much into the bible says and all that but I want to enlighthen us that 1 corinthians 11: 9 &10 says
Neither was the man created for the woman ; but the woman for the man.
For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

I want to bring to your notice that it didn't say that the man had power over the woman's head.

I must reserve my comment here, because this where you misunderstood my point.

this is not actually true but how does one even determines a woman excessiveness
I would say that you are being judgemental by not facing the real facts.
Here is a thesaurus definition of excessiveness
Synonyms: excessive, exorbitant, extravagant, immoderate, inordinate, extreme, unreasonable
These adjectives mean exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit. Excessive describes a quantity, amount, or degree that is more than what is justifiable, tolerable, or desirable

I would like to ask when does a woman exceed her normal limit?
What is even the said normal limit a woman can attain before a man becomes being authoritative??

You don't expect a man to be decisive over a woman and then she sees it as an issue and then you term her attitude as excessiveness

As I said in my post that wiped off, I'm not being judgemental, but being realistic and I said it's obvious. Some of the excessiveness are-Ego, Nagging, Jealousy, Possessiveness.

Jealously is being fearful of being replaced or resentment toward someone's success. I said when two people are in a relationship and they spend a lot of time together, the woman tends to get jealously when the man interacts with another woman.

Possessiveness is having or manifesting a desire to control or dominate another person, so when a woman is not secure, she get jealous at a given chance and this where the man comes in and brings her to her senses by asserting his authority.

Yes its undisputed that a woman ought to be submissive in all of her doings but not to an authoritative man who lords over her life and tells her what to do and what not to do and bosses her around.
I would also add that authoritative men will abuse their women becuse such men would lack being polite in relating to their women.
authoritative is effective with your followers, whether you’re a business man, a teacher, or a religious figure.

But authoritative is off-putting to those who view you as a friend and equal. Keep that in mind, and be wary of who you come off as authoritative around, and you should be able to use this tone to your advantage, and limit its negative effects upon your relationship.

By being authoritative, what I mean is a man tells others what to do, and gives very blunt, direct advice.

To summarise my argument against you, I said, BEING ASSERTIVE/AUTHORITATIVE IS NOT SAME AS ABUSIVE/MANIPULATIVE.

Thank you.

Before I end my statement (though doesn't count again), I want to reinstate my stance and support to the motion that says ''A MAN IS RIGHT TO ASSERT SUPERIOTY/AUTHORITY IN A RELATIONSHIP.

Haven't said all this and to support MBJ, I appeal to feminist movement around the world to desist from the campaign for the independence of women, as this will do the womenfolk a lot of good, save and preserve the longest institution (marriage) in the whole world.

Thank you once more.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
Lolaabokoku: aplology to evry 1.. 4 not login in all dis yl i was hospitalised but now am back and better!!!

thank God you're ok smiley
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Thanks for my points unbiased judges and good work opposing team..

I hope we do not have a week long final round...if of course i am in it.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Thanks for my points unbiased judges and good work opposing team..

I hope we do not have a week long final round...if of course i am in it.

wasn't that the final round we just completed? Thought twas a 3 rounds debate.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
This was the last round. Waiting for the scores from the last judges to declare a winner. . .
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mrs C, that was the final round, the debate is over.

@MOderator
there needs to be a change in the way people debate after the 2nd round, as it is not right. take for example Uj-sizzle and I, i was suppose to reply to her initial post and second post, but her second post was against someone's views that i may NOT stand for (although we are on the same team). So, i may actually agree with an opponent second post, and therefore have nothing to argue about (or very little).
yes we are a team but since we dont talk strategy before the start then each are on their own when it comes to debating.

also on the 3rd round, what should we reply to after our first post? her reply to our post OR the comment she will make on her first post? if we reply to both then the thread will be MILES long.

i hope you understood what i was trying to say.......

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
uj_sizzle:

wasn't that the final round we just completed? Thought twas a 3 rounds debate.

I saw someone typed fourth round....but i am glad thoughcis China was getting suspicious with my long and fast typing! Lol!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mbj..dont raise ur voice at me!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY: Mrs C, that was the final round, the debate is over.

@MOderator
there needs to be a change in the way people debate after the 2nd round, as it is not right. take for example Uj-sizzle and I, i was suppose to reply to her initial post and second post, but her second post was against someone's views that i may NOT stand for (although we are on the same team). So, i may actually agree with an opponent second post, and therefore have nothing to argue about (or very little).
yes we are a team but since we dont talk strategy before the start then each are on their own when it comes to debating.

also on the 3rd round, what should we reply to after our first post? her reply to our post OR the comment she will make on her first post? if we reply to both then the thread will be MILES long.

i hope you understood what i was trying to say.......
Thanks. The next one will be better. . .
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I saw someone typed fourth round....but i am glad thoughcis China was getting suspicious with my long and fast typing! Lol!

lol don't murder your keyboard o. I'm too tired to think of participating in another round
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
uj_sizzle:

lol don't murder your keyboard o. I'm too tired to think of participating in another round

It was very time consumjng and no more live debates for me!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by CrazyMan(m): 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I delayed a bit in posting my scores.

Apologies...I would post them shortly.

Thanks for understanding.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

It was very time consumjng and no more live debates for me!

u just read my mind. This is my first n last live debate ever!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by CrazyMan(m): 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
For the 3rd and final round of the debate....

MRbrownJAY vs uj_sizzle

MRbrownJAY
Clarity/Fluency: 3 points

Total score: 31

uj_sizzle
Grammatical correctness: 3 points

Total score: 29

Mrs. Chima vs Ayobase

Mrs. Chima

Total score: 30

Ayobase

Total score: 29

candygosh vs dont8

candygosh

Total score: 30

dont8
Logical Development of Argument: 3 points
Effective Conclusion: 3 points

Total score: 27

I remain your honourable Judge...CrazyMan.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
Final Scores

Supporting Team:

MRbrownJAY - 615.35 points
Ayobase - 539.04 points
Dont8 - 437.85 points

Total - 1592.24 Points

Opposing Team

Uj sizzle - 612.30 points
Mrs Chima - 590.03 points
candygosh - 537.59 points

Total - 1739.92 points

The opposing team wins. . .

On individual category, MRbrownJAY wins with a total of 615.35 points closely marked in second place by Uj sizzle with a total of 612.30 points and Mrs Chima in third place with 590.03 points.

Congratulations everyone, and thank you for your time and researching efforts. It is well appreciated.

Thank you also to the judges. It's quite tasking to read and award marks. Looking forward to working with you again. . .

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
Yay we win!!! Go Team Red!!

Thank you moderator, judges, co-debaters and viewers. I had fun doing this with y'all smiley

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by dont8(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
You're welcome Mr. Moderator.

sexkillz: Final Scores

Supporting Team:

Ayobase - 539.04 points
Dont8 - 437.85 points

Total - 1592.24 Points

Opposing Team

Total - 1739.92 points

On individual category, MRbrownJAY wins with a total of 615.35 points closely marked in second place by Uj sizzle with a total of 612.30 points and Mrs Chima in third place with 590.03 points.

Congratulations everyone, and thank you for your time and researching efforts. It is well appreciated.

Thank you also to the judges. It's quite tasking to read and award marks. Looking forward to working with you again. . .
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by dont8(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
LOL!

But there is no winner, because Team Blue aptly represented by MBJ won individually.

My sincere apology goes to my Teammates for letting you guys down, but as you can see, I was only judged by one post against two am entitle to.

Looking forward to doing this again albeit, time consuming though.

Cheers.
uj_sizzle: Yay we win!!! Go Team Red!!

Thank you moderator, judges, co-debaters and viewers. I had fun doing this with y'all smiley
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
[size=55pt]YAY! GOOOOOOOOOO RED TEAM! grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

Even with low points...I still whooped my opponents' heads! wink kiss kiss kiss
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
dont8: LOL!

But there is no winner, because Team Blue aptly represented by MBJ won individually.

My sincere apology goes to my Teammates for letting you guys down, but as you can see, I was only judged by one post against two am entitle to.

Cheers.

Two beats 1..... kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
sexkillz: Final Scores

Supporting Team:

Ayobase - 539.04 points
Dont8 - 437.85 points

Total - 1592.24 Points

Opposing Team

Total - 1739.92 points

Thank your Mr. Moderator and congrats on a job well done. I am naming the baby after you. wink kiss

Jugdes....thanks for your time as well. Have a koala nut on me. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ijebabe: 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
I think I've had enough intense reading to last me till the end of the year!

Let's have a one month gap for the next debate please....with new judges grin

Well done everyone smiley
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by greedie1(f): 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
REMARK
The debate was an eye-opener for me. Initially, I was of the view that a man shouldn't assert his authority in a relationship but now..... I'm not so sure. A very big well done to the participants, you all did well, thanks for your input. to my fellow judges, it's been nice working with you all, thank you and to the moderator, putting this debate together couldn't have been easy, thanks for your time, effort..... And for appreciating us 

I want to share a few things I learnt about debating ... Simple logic is rarely sufficent in a debate. The trick is to strike a proper balance between appeals to logic & emotion. One shouldn't lose touch with her rational argument amidst the anecdotes, impassioned exhortation and other attempts to win the hearts of the audience and judges. I think the 7 points below will help a debater immensely-

1: avoid innuendo, it's rude and a poor way to debate. You are guilty of this when you insult someone without specifically stating your insult.

2: know when to cede a point with grace and courtesy, debating when your point is no longer valid will make you look petty & ignorant

3: agree to disagree when a debate turns into an argument. U don't need to tear out your opponent's jugular to win when her opinion opposes yours besides, doing so won't earn you more points

4: avoid emotionally charged words, they twist debates into chaotic argument

5: be respectful, don't lose repect for the other person just because you have opposing viewpoints.

6: have solid data to backup your argument, do not be so engrossed in countering your opponent that you forget to back your claim/ view with facts

7: if the opposition make an error in reasoning, point out the logical fallacy, give a simple and really obvious reason why the fallacy is incorrect and discard it. When you counter-argue, you only succeed in weakening the fallacy, making it less persuasive but still valid.

These little things adds to or subtracts from ones points so always be careful.

Finally, debating should be a means to understand an alternate point of view & hopefully shed some light on a situation so that better solutions can be discovered.... It shouldn't be a means to silence someone.

Gree-die

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
dont8: LOL!

Cheers.

lmfao consolation prize.
As Mz.C said two beats one grin and d Mod declared us winners hehe
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by greedie1(f): 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
Oh.......and Mrbrownjay? Your arguments left a permanent impression in my mind. You did exceptionally well.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
^^^^Thank you, I am very glad I was able to make ONE person change their views on the subject, as this debate was not easy at all.

@Uj-sizzle and Mrs C
how can the RED team declare himself the all round winner?! you won the team prize, we won the individual prize. whats this talk of 2 beats 1?
ok, look at it this way, your team won gold while ours won silver..... and MBJ won gold, while Uj-Sizzle silver and Mrs C bronze in the individual prize.

@Dont8
you didnt let anyone down, you did what you believe was your best at the time, and thats all that matters to the BLUE team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Essential Dating Tips For Guys / I Can't Be Pregnant Now! The Pills Aren't Working!! Pls Help Me! / How Can I Stop Seeing My Ex In My Dreams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.