Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,685 members, 7,955,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:05 AM

#DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ (19805 Views)

What Is The Ideal Number Of Rounds Of Sex A Man Should Go? / Things Every Man Should Learn To Do / Weekend Debate: A Man Is Right To Assert His. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
ijebabe: I think I've had enough intense reading to last me till the end of the year!

Let's have a one month gap for the next debate please....with new judges grin

Well done everyone smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^I am very glad I was able to make ONE person change their views on the subject, as this debate was not easy at all.

@Uj-sizzle and Mrs C
how can the RED team declare himself the all round winner?! you won the team prize, we won the individual prize. whats this talk of 2 beats 1?
ok, look at it this way, your team won gold while ours won silver..... and MBJ won gold, while Uj-Sizzle silver and Mrs C bronze in the individual prize.

@Dont8
you didnt let anyone down, you did what you believe was your best at the time, and thats all that matters to the BLUE team.

I forgot some people need visuals...2 opposing members were PLACED VS 1 supporting member PLACED. GOT IT? undecided

This wasn't an individual debate...if it was then it would have been Person 1 vs Person 2 not opposing TEAM vs supporting TEAM. As the moderator stated...RED TEAM WON. Get over it.

Secondly...okay you had the most points by 2 points pass Uj? Is that a huge feat? No. You act like you had 100 points pass Uj! grin grin grin I sure did get bronze and I was hitting my opponents HARD and they didn't place on the podium! Even when they fed off what you wrote! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
I have no idea what you're talking about when you say 'all round winner'. The moderator declared the opposing team winners of this debate by points accumulated, don't know why we're arguing this.

On the plus side MBJ, i have to give it to you....you're good. Great job

1 Like

Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I forgot some people need visuals...2 opposing members were PLACED VS 1 supporting member PLACED. GOT IT? undecided

This wasn't an individual debate...if it was then it would have been Person 1 vs Person 2 not opposing TEAM vs supporting TEAM. As the moderator stated...RED TEAM WON. Get over it.

Secondly...okay you had the most points by 2 points pass Uj? Is that a huge feat? No. I sure did get bronze and I was hitting your opponents HARD and didn't even a place on the podium! grin grin grin grin grin grin

even if the difference was for a tenth of a point, it doesnt really matter. the important point here is that, although it was a team debate, we all argued INDIVIDUALLY, did we not? so our individual gold shouldnt be dismissed.

again you ladies are focussing on the wrong stuff, the red team was declared the winner WHILE MBJ was declared the winner of the INDIVIDUAL CATEGORY.....why you gals dont want to see that? its clearly written on Sexkillz post.

@Uj-sizzle, you were a very strong debatter, and i weep for the man who will marry you (if not already married) as he will have a big job on his hand trying to assert his authority at home.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

even if the difference was for a tenth of a point, it doesnt really matter. the important point here is that, although it was a team debate, we all argued INDIVIDUALLY, did we not? so our individual gold shouldnt be dismissed.

again you ladies are focussing on the wrong stuff, the red team was declared the winner WHILE MBJ was declared the winner of the INDIVIDUAL CATEGORY.....why you gals dont want to see that? its clearly written on Sexkillz post.

Bottom line...the Opposing team WON and you won by 2 points! Whoopeeee deee doo!

Clap for yourself...and get over it.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Bottom line...the Opposing team WON and you won by 2 points! Whoopeeee deee doo!

Clap for yourself...and get over it.

how can you look down on the blue team's individual victory?! THE WHOLE VICTORY is what we were aiming for, but we will settle for half of it, lol!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
uj_sizzle: I have no idea what you're talking about when you say 'all round winner'. The moderator declared the opposing team winners of this debate by points accumulated, don't know why we're arguing this.

On the plus side MBJ, i have to give it to you....you're good. Great job

I guess according to him...since the opposing team didn't get first place...red team didn't win.

Yeah..he was good at not proving why men should assert authority and superiority over women in relationship. grin grin Oh wait! Because man was created first in a revised religious book....it is a given right to assert authority and superiority over women.

Wow! Onila has convinced me she is a virgin! grin grin grin grin
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

how can you look down on the blue team's individual victory?! THE WHOLE VICTORY is what we were aiming for, but we will settle for half of it, lol!

Be proud of your 2 extra points boo boo! If you don't who will! wink
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY:
@Uj-sizzle, you were a very strong debater, and i weep for the man who will marry you (if not already married) as he will have a big job on his hand trying to assert his authority at home.

don't be such a self righteous p.rick! Any man that ends up marrying me will the luckiest dude alive and i hope he realises it.

Oh, and he had better be sure to marry me for the right reasons!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I guess according to him...since the opposing team didn't get first place...red team didn't win.

Yeah..he was good at not proving why men should assert authority and superiority over women in relationship. grin grin Oh wait! Because man was created first in a revised religious book....it is a given right to assert authority and superiority over women.

Wow! Onila has convinced me she is a virgin! grin grin grin grin

you should know better......MBJ dont need the Bible to make such a point. my stand will remain that men should assert authority (if it is not handed to them naturally) because there is a need for a head in any union, in order to not have chaos, and men are better suited for such position.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
uj_sizzle: Any man that ends up marrying me will the luckiest dude alive and i hope he realises it.
Hmm. . .
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
uj_sizzle: don't be such a self righteous p.rick! Any man that ends up marrying me will the luckiest dude alive and i hope he realises it.

pls dont get offended by my words as this was not my intention, i was just saying that you argued your point well, and therefore your future husband will have a hard job on his hands during arguments (as we know that all couples argue at some point in time)
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
Whiny males. Tut tut not such an attractive trait for the male specie.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

pls dont get offended by my words as this was not my intention, i was just saying that you argued your point well, and therefore your future husband will have a hard job on his hands during arguments (as we know that all couples argue at some point in time)

okay then smiley. I'll know when to stop arguing...my dad has an ish with it anyway.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

you should know better......MBJ dont need the Bible to make such a point. my stand will remain that men should assert authority (if it is not handed to them naturally) because there is a need for a head in any union, in order to not have chaos, and men are better suited for such position.

His team members stated that the bible is the reason why men should assert authority and superiority over women and I disagree. MBJ and NONE of his team members couldn't logically and realistically prove why men should assert authority and superiority over women in relationship. As I have stated relationship isn't just marriage...there are ALL TYPES OF RELATIONSHIPS.

Secondly...I have no problem with women giving their PARTNER permission to assert whatever over them BUT MY ARGUMENT was did God say that men have the RIGHT to assert authority and superiority over women? There is nothing in the bible that my opponents love so much that stated such!

Just because one or two women accept a man asserting superiority over them doesn't mean that it is UNIVERSAL RIGHT for other relationships and my opponent said his mother think it is ungodly as if she is the supreme judge!

What about men in homosexual relationships? Do they both assert authority and superiority over each other since it is a man's right to do so according to my opponents?

Come on now! Let be real!
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
uj_sizzle: Whiny males. Tut tut not such an attractive trait for the male specie.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
sexkillz: Hmm. . .

You thinking huh? grin grin
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by UjSizzle(f): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
sexkillz: Hmm. . .

what?? grin
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
You don't have nothing to say Dont8? grin grin grin grin grin

You gotta get the bible to talk huh?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
I thought the debate has ended? Why are you guys still arguing na? Una get egos sha. . .
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2012
brokoto: I thought the debate has ended? Why are you guys still arguing na? Una get egos sha. . .
grin grin grin grin grin

I wanted to whoop 2buff's ass! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

His team members stated that the bible is the reason why men should assert authority and superiority over women and I disagree. MBJ and NONE of his team members couldn't logically and realistically prove why men should assert authority and superiority over women in relationship. As I have stated relationship isn't just marriage...there are ALL TYPES OF RELATIONSHIPS.

the Bible clearly states that a woman should SUBMIT to her man, and therefore that "could" be a reason why some men want to assert their authority. it is written in any bible, just pick one and read it.

Secondly...I have no problem with women giving their PARTNER permission to assert whatever over them BUT MY ARGUMENT was did God say that men have the RIGHT to assert authority and superiority over women? There is nothing in the bible that my opponents love so much that stated such!

of course the Bible doesnt say anything about men asserting their authority, because for that same Bible, men have authority and women submit to their men.

Just because one or two women accept a man asserting superiority over them doesn't mean that it is UNIVERSAL RIGHT for other relationships and my opponent said his mother think it is ungodly as if she is the supreme judge!

my point was very simple:
- if we use the BIble as the supreme judge, we are right to assert something that the Bible say it is our RIGHT: authority over women.

- if we use history as the supreme judge, we can clearly see that having authority is the reason why the marriages of our forefather were so successful, and the reason why the marriages of today are failing (since now women want to be independent and equal)

- if we use independent women as the supreme judge, then we have what is happening today......women divorcing for flimsy reason, wanting to be equal and bringing chaos to a model that was working perfectly for generations and generations...all in the name of Beyonce and independent women, lol!

What about men in homosexual relationships? Do they both assert authority and superiority over each other since it is a man's right to do so according to my opponents?

everyone knows that in any hom.osexual r/ship, there is a king and a queen (aka a man and a woman)......
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by dont8(m): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
uj_sizzle:

lmfao consolation prize.
As Mz.C said two beats one grin and d Mod declared us winners hehe

Mrs.Chima:

Two beats 1..... kiss kiss kiss kiss

I think we had two winners-Team Red and MBJ cheesy

BTW, you gals are wonderful.

MRbrownJAY:
@Dont8
you didnt let anyone down, you did what you believe was your best at the time, and thats all that matters to the BLUE team.

It's a pleasure debating alongside people like you and I like your intelligence, let's do it other time.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Adaeze003(f): 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
# joining the celebration.
Congratulations to the red team. So happy because we share the same view!

Congratulations to the blue team's very own MBJ. Good job..
smileysmiley
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

the Bible clearly states that a woman should SUBMIT to her man, and therefore that "could" be a reason why some men want to assert their authority. it is written in any bible, just pick one and read it.

of course the Bible doesnt say anything about men asserting their authority, because for that same Bible, men have authority and women submit to their men.

my point was very simple:
- if we use the BIble as the supreme judge, we are right to assert something that the Bible say it is our RIGHT: authority over women.

- if we use history as the supreme judge, we can clearly see that having authority is the reason why the marriages of our forefather were so successful, and the reason why the marriages of today are failing (since now women want to be independent and equal)

- if we use independent women as the supreme judge, then we have what is happening today......women divorcing for flimsy reason, wanting to be equal and bringing chaos to a model that was working perfectly for generations and generations...all in the name of Beyonce and independent women, lol!

everyone knows that in any hom.osexual r/ship, there is a king and a queen (aka a man and a woman)......

I am sorry did you mentioned where in the bible that said MEN HAVE RIGHT TO ASSERT AUTHORITY AND SUPERIORITY OVER WOMEN? We both agree that it said in the bible that WIVES submit to thy husbands...BUT WHERE DID IT SAY MEN HAVE RIGHT TO ASSERT AUTHORITY AND SUPERIORITY OVER WOMEN MR. MBJ Take your time...I will wait!

And because a RELIGIOUS BOOK SAID SUBMIT TO THY HUSBANDS...it applies to everyone INCLUDING NON-RELIGIOUS FOLKS!!!!! ABSURDITY!

LMAO@everybody knows....there are people who never met a homosexual couple let alone know anything about them. I have homosexual friends and they do not call each other kings and queens. Stop making up shit!

Don't confuse drag queens...which are entertainers to the make up of homosexual relationships!

Oh that right MBJ...You know every divorced couples and YOU WERE THERE WHEN EACH OF THEM WENT THROUGH A DIVORCE PROCESS! I can't argue with someone who WITNESSED IT ALL! grin grin grin grin grin

If anyone would believe that a submissive woman will NEVER BE DIVORCED IS MORE FOOLISH THAN YOU!

One more thing....the world is predominantly ran by MEN and yet WE GOT MORE PROBLEMS THAN yeast infections! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sorry Ms. Rockatation! grin grin grin grin

I know the debate is over. tongue tongue
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by dont8(m): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
You dont want to start with me again cheesy
Did I even quoted from the bible? That holy book that contains anti feminism tongue
Mrs.Chima:
You don't have nothing to say Dont8? grin grin grin grin grin

You gotta get the bible to talk huh?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
dont8: You dont want to start with me again cheesy
Did I even quoted from the bible? That holy book that contains anti feminism tongue

Yes you did! grin grin grin grin

You a gotdamn lie! The bible mentioned nothing of equal rights for women and men! You better read Genesis again in your book! This time put your glasses on! tongue tongue tongue

Wait a minute! Are you confusing feminism with misandry Let me help you with the definitions.

Feminism is support of equal rights for women in social, political and education settings to name a few.
Misandry is an act of hatred toward men.

www.dictionary.com. You are welcome! kiss
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ijebabe: 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
dont8 darl, I'm very tired after a hard's day work. Can you make dinner tonight?
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by MrsChima(f): 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
ijebabe: dont8 darl, I'm very tired after a hard's day work. Can you make dinner tonight?

I will get my hubby to make us fish stew and pounded yams. wink wink wink
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by Rocktation(f): 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
I am ecstatic that this debate finally ended. Almost had a heart attack when someone mentioned a 'fourth round'! cheesy Good job, guys.
Re: #DEBATE: A Man Should Assert His Superiority/Authority In A Relationship.#~LIVE~ by ijebabe: 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I will get my hubby to make us fish stew and pounded yams. wink wink wink
Even better! cheesy
See how dont8 abandoned his family because of debate. I'll have your time later angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Can't Be Pregnant Now! The Pills Aren't Working!! Pls Help Me! / What Is The Best Reply To A Girl That Tells You You're Cute? / Street Food Competition Offers Food Vendors Platform To Showcase Their Talents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.