Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) (22827 Views)

Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa / Dear Nl: Pls How True Is This Statement Made By Dino Melaye About Gmb / If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
THREAD: why are men no longer pursuing women ?

Ilekokonit:

Because men have learnt from Divorced and Seperated men that all your efforts on a so called good girl may be a waste of time, effort and money on the long run 5 years into marriage because most of our Westernised sisters are copying home breaking skills in the West all in the name of Feminism.

The current rise in "Independent woman syndrome" and "Delayed womens liberation" in our westernised sisters is making any rational man shun such women afterall, it is better to reside in a small corner of the roof than live with a brawling woman in a mansion

No man wants to marry a woman who behaves like a man. We all love feminine women and westernised women are not feminine in their ways

So when examples abound of ungrateful and poison tongued women, do you expect a sane man to put all his emotions and effort into pursuing someone who 5 years down the line may suddenly become cantankerous

lola.luv:

See your head like Obasanjo's black butt! angryangry

Just another reason why men no longer feel some women are worth chasing. When Obasanjo who is old enough to be your father is now the butt of dirty jokes by a so called lady and you want any sensible man to plan a future with such gutter mouth ??

www.nairaland.com/1139188/why-men-no-longer-pursuing/1
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Sabretooth1(m): 12:31am On Dec 22, 2012
Just stumbled on this thread. Nice.
This my contribution is a theist vs atheist tussle though, but I particularly loved the latter post in reply to the former.

ooman:
Thank you for your questions, i like your persistence

? 1. Rather than have one copy of its genome, it has what we can call 1 and a half, only radiodurans is known to have this number of genome. Now once the complete genome disintegrate, which is what is called "clinically dead" which means disintegration of genome beyond repair and which is what happens in all animals and humans when they are said to be dead, the half (that is in the cell but does not take part in metabolism)patches up the genome that makes protein and hey presto, you have life again, spontaneously meaning there is no "who" making it, it resurrects by itself in some 2 - 3 hours.
what you dont get is that, if there was a spirit in life forms, this would not be possible.

? 2. That is what is amazing about this bacterium, when it dies, it can resurrect or wake up or restart mitosis, anyway you understand it.

Now this proves that there is no spirit in life forms, we are only blood and flesh, there is no spirit in man that will go to heaven or hell. Since God is a spirit, this also proves that he doesnt exist. Got it?

Oahray:
hahahahaha... Now that is hillarious.
'A unicellular organism has no spirit that goes to heaven or hell' automatically translates to 'there is no spirit in lifeforms'? Lmao.

First of all, I believe the spirit is our life force, present in all living things. I do not believe in an immortal soul, but that's besides the point.

The fact that those actions happen when it is supposedly 'dead' only shows there is more to it than meets the eye.

Someone once said atheists are more logical than theists. You prove them wrong everytime.

Does that bacteria have a brain? No.
Does it think? No.
Can it talk or post on nairaland? No.

By your own (il)logic, is it safe to assume there are no creatures who can do the above.

Mehn, you are funny grin grin grin.

That is still no proof bro. Science is restricted only to the physical, so do not expect to see a spirit with your microscope when you have not even seen the force of gravity which you believe in.

I do not want to deviate into metaphysics with you, as I am not impressed with your power of logical reasoning yet. If there is any thing I can grab from this thread, it is the fact that atheists' sense of logic is seriously flawed.

Like your fellow atheists, you have not proved that God does not exist.

from the thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1139208/youre-too-insignificant-claim-there/1#13491393

6 Likes

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 10:17am On Dec 26, 2012
TOPIC : How an American Lady Converted to Islam.

Techwriter: I can see that the overwhelming way Christmas is celebrated round the world has become a threat to the religeon of Islam. The funfare (even some muslims in Nigeria participate)makes the Muslims feel they are loosing ground. In other to restore their confidence in the religion, they post threads like this on the front page on a Christmas day-In the peak of Christians' festival. What a tactics.

Has anybody notice the amount of copycatting in Islam?
1. They copied the Bible and religion mainly from the Roman Catholic perspective anyway(the rosary,scapula, fatima etc)
2. They preach behind a pulpit on television, with audience sitting on a chair
3. They hold night vigils and Sunday services
4. Preach in the bus
5. Use fireworks/banger during Salah
etc
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 9:50am On Jan 13, 2013
TOPIC : Do People Still Eat Three Square Meals Daily In Nigeria ?

cigar icon: Hmmm its twice for me oh, the day its thrice then its garri that came in between smiley

cryNa condition make creyfish bend

www.nairaland.com/1150247/people-still-eat-three-square#13668383

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2013
TOPIC: IMO Traditional Ruler Converts To Slam.

(115 likes and counting )

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by ignis: 8:11am On Jan 12

This is not news. Do you know how many people in the
North who convert to Christianity everyday? Do you
know how many Muslims and Christians who convert to
Hindu in Europe everyday? A lot of people convert to
whatever they like everyday. We encourage it. It would
have been news if the Igbos kill him or attack him
because he converted to Islam. In fact we should give
the Igbos credit for tolarance. If a Muslim Chief convert
to Christianity in Hausa/Fulani land, just imagine what
will happen?

(Quote) (Report) 115 Likes (Unlike)

www.nairaland.com/1159945/imo-traditional-ruler-converts-islam

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 8:21pm On Jan 19, 2013
THREAD TITLE: your experience in the hands of Nigerian Nurses

HERO111: @poster, they are called medecine technicians and artisans. about two years ago in a private clinic one was to give injection with her quarter-To-Eyes as she carried the injection looking and moving towards me i looked at her eyes and it was as if she was pointing it towards my backbone to insert it so i ran and was later convinced to come back and when she eventually inserted it into my bombom she kept pushing it out of annoyance until it met the bone gbummmm as if that was not enough she then held it firm and use it to scratch the bone cra cra cra, i screammed cos she almost crippled me. i cant keep my bombom to be made a cripple at dis age again o. God forbid

www.nairaland.com/1163786/experience-hands-nigerian-nurses/1#1163786.45

2 Likes

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
THREAD TITLE : Man Strangles 7 year old Boy To Death in Lagos

mekaboy: [b]I BLAME THE GOVT FOR THIS, AN IDLE MAN IS THE DEVILS WORKSHOP. THEY GOVT HAS TAKEN THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT MAKES PEOPLE CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS.(HOPE) THEY HAVE MADE THE YOUTHS HOPELESS, AND WHEN YOU LOOSE HOPE, YOU LOOSE VALUE FOR LIFE.

WHEN THE YOUTHS HAVE HOPE OF GETTING A JOB AFTER SCHOOL, THEY WILL READ. WHEN THEY HAVE HOPE THAT THE GOVT WILL SUPPORT THEM IN RESEARCH OR DEVELOPMENT, THEY WILL PUT THEIR BRAIN TO WORK AND CHANNEL THEIR ENERGY INTO POSITIVE THINKING.

IN THE COUNTRY NIGERIA, WHERE NOTHING WORKS ACCORDING TO PLAN ANYMORE, PEOPLE LOOSE HOPE AND VALUE FOR LIFE. THE YOUTHS ARE NOT CHALLENGED POSITIVELY, ALL THEY READ IS HOW ONE GOVT OFFICIAL LOOTED . NO JOBS, NO MOTIVATION, NO HOPE, NOTHING TO LOOK UP TO. IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION, ITS EASY FOR PEOPLE TO GIVE IN TO EVIL THOUGHTS WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE CONSEQUENCES.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE GUY IS RIGHT IN KILLING THE BOY, I AM SIMPLY SAYING THAT THIS IS THE PRODUCT OF THE ENVIRONMENT THAT THE CORRUPT POLITICIANS HAVE CREATED. AND IF SOMETHING IS NOT DONE SOON ENOUGH TO CREATE EMPLOYMENT AND GIVE BACK HOPE TO THE MASSES, MORE OF SUCH NEWS WILL ARISE.

FINALLY, I PRAY THE CHILD GETS JUSTICE AND THE KILLER EXPERIENCE THE FULL WRATH OF THE LAW.[/b]

www.nairaland.com/1172131/man-strangles-7-year-old-boy-death

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 1:05am On Jan 25, 2013
debrief08: Hope this helps:

Missionary style is still the best. The missionary style of sex positions the male on top of the female. While this position may be considered boring or old-fashioned, it is the most effective Position for conceiving, according to iVillage . After sex in the missionary position, it is important for the woman to stay put for up to 20 minutes with a small pillow under the hips. The pillow allows Fluid to pool around the cervix where Fluid can swim through the hole in the cervix more quickly.

The butt lift: a variation on missionary style. The butt lift is nearly identical to the missionary style, but the male places hands under the female bottom to lift the hips toward his body. This lift allows for deeper penetration. It is especially important to lift hips at the time of expulsion so Fluid is closer to the cervix.

Deep stick with a wedge pillow. Another variation of the missionary Position is the deep stick or deep missionary. The female places her legs on the shoulders of her male partner. The male then pulls the legs toward his pelvis to align the womanliness with the joystick. A wedge placed under the bottom of the female raises the hips to increase penetration depth.

Spread eagle: missionary with a flip. Some couples Love Intimacy positions where a woman is on her tummy. The spread eagle offers the benefits of the missionary Position from a tummy position. The female lays on her tummy with legs spread far apart. A wedge or small pillow placed under the hips raises the pelvis to meet the joystick. The male can grab her upper thighs during expulsion for increased penetration to deposit Fluid near the cervix to increase fertility chances.

Doggie style for a tilted or tipped uterus / cervix. My cervix is slightly tipped so conceiving from the missionary style was difficult. Doggie style is a rear-entry Position that lifts the uterus and cervix flush with the womanly opening. Doggie style allows the male partner to control penetration depth.

According to BabyMed.com , it is best to Be Intimate once a day for five days before ovulation and on the day of ovulation to increase chances of conception. If your attempts at conception have failed thus far, maybe you're not doing it right. Try these deep penetrating sex positions to increase chances of fertility and conception.

https://www.nairaland.com/1168225/does-s..ex-position-matters-getting
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by agaugust: 1:12am On Jan 25, 2013
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by agaugust: 1:17am On Jan 25, 2013
[quote author=agaugust][/quote]
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 12:05am On Feb 05, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Sometimes it is not hard to see why many Nigerians are miserable.

We know how to suck the joy out of every single thing...what has displaying pictures of ONE'S family in ONE'S office gotta do with anything, that someone will carry on their head?!!

If we aren't questioning one's right to kiss his significant other in public, we are asking if it is proper for a family to dine out.

If the condemnation of those have been exhausted, we start railing on those people who help their wives sell chinchin or cuff links or how they pray, which church they attend and what kind of car they drive or what side of the bed one gender must sleep.

When that one finishes, we move on to why people shouldn't use BB, Laptop, Android, Notebook etc.

Every single thing has to be dissected because we have convinced ourselves that condemning/question something someone else does automatically makes us more superior.

What happened to live and let live? If you don't wanna display pictures of your family....DON'T but let the person who wants to....do so and stop making a federal case out of it.

Jeez!! undecided

That girl too dey vex....see as she finish the innocent and inquisitive OP!

From the thread : https://www.nairaland.com/1184045/displaying-family-pictures-office-it

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2013
TOPIC : A Thread For Single Ladies.

madridsta007: Been following this post since it started, but I haven't had the chance to comment as I would have because of work. I've had watery eyes at the stories (will I say testimonies of ladies) here, and I wonder, are men so callous? But I know men could be callous, but not all men are callous.

A piece of my advice:

1. Once you have crossed that age of 18, ladies please be aware that legally, you are responsible for whatever happens to you. It's the cold truth. If you walk into a relationship and the guy beats you, the law sees it as your fault. If he molests you, cheats on you, if he goes out with you 10 years and dumps you, the law sees it as your fault. Be guided.

2. Many ladies are too eager and quick to jump into a relationship. Sometimes I wonder if it is a competition somewhere or some bet they made with a third-party. Please realise, the primary person who suffers or enjoys the relationship is you and not the third party. Use your head and brain to go into a relationship and not your heart. Relationship is about handling emotions, more often than not. Your heart can be broken, your head can not.

3. What is the best time to go into a relationship? Hmmm... When you feel you are ready. Physically, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, materially too. Don't jump into it. While you are waiting, do something to improve yourself. Concentrate on your education. Learn a craft. Join educational and social societies and improve your leadership and interpersonal skills. Travel the world. Enjoy your career. Improve your personality. Focus on impacting your family and your generation. The guy will come, this time around he is rarely attracted to the body, but to the real you.

4. When he comes, first thing first ensure you both set your goals. Time's short, don't give your 5 years to a time waster. Please, please, no sex. A guy that ask for sex, isn't worth your time, he will never change. Once he gets it, he'll hop away to the next available girl.

5. Girls please be aware that we guys are very cunning. They'll do what they can to get you. Ensure you stay as 'Miss Independent' to them- never depend on guys, at least not now. The time will come for that. I tell ladies that whatever character or trait a guy displays now, be aware that its been his behaviour since childhood. A guy that disrespects his mum and beats up his sister, will end up beating you. Don't ignore the warning signs, run away. A guy from a dysfunctional home background will molest you at one point. Don't give him 'time', please run. A guy that sleeps around, and when you catch him, he begs you and says 'baby I won't do it again'- please run.

6. Sorry if I sound harsh guys, I have to be truthful. Ladies, know what his goals are. I know ladies are driven by material things, but please in order not to become a victim along the line, please stop looking for 'material guys'. Material guys never make material husbands. Quit the search for rich, tall, handsome, sexy, well-travelled and connected guy, he would use you as a material, a dispensable material. Instead your concern should be his character, his life vision, his passion for The Lord, his motivation, his potential. I am not saying that you should look for an 'ugly' guy, but do not make handsomeness a focus.

7. I respect ladies that are virgins, I respect guys who are too. When people say, there are no virgins, I laugh at them, as there are. I am one too ( lol, I like boasting about it). For ladies that are virgins, please on NO condition should you open your legs to a guy or get intimate with a man unless he is your husband. Ladies that are not, the same advice applies. If he loves you, he'll wait, if he wants it badly, he'll put a ring on that finger.

8. When the relationship starts, never ever ignore and abandon close friends and families. You'll need them always.

9. Let your relationship be defined. I don't think anyone should be in a relationship unless it leads to the altar. If it doesn't lead to it, then you are wasting your time my sister. He should tell you his goals. And you guys should have a goal-fit. He should lead you to know his close friends, families, wider friends and associates. He draws you inside his internal circle. Show you are dependable, show you are a good adviser. Warning, do not show disdain or petulance for anyone he calls a 'Childhood friend' or a 'Family'- to him those ones are indispensable, while at the moment you are dispensable. Always remember that.

I think I have said a lot. Would come back much later.

www.nairaland.com/1182427/thread-single-ladies/17#14166646

2 Likes

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
Rooneyboy: TOPIC : A Thread For Single Ladies.

www.nairaland.com/1182427/thread-single-ladies/17#14166646

That guy really did the proper undiluted EXPOSE!

The truth is always bitter....ladies wouldn't yield to correction, and we also wouldn't stop hunting and taking advantages!
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 7:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
Big Meat: With over 12 years of civilian government, can anyone point to any tangible or credible development in our nation apart from the over inflated GSM services which was done by the Obasanjo government and only one or two state governors performing above par. The rest are just useless, this has been the case with every democratic dispensation right from the first republic. The first republic was slightly better, save some regions.
The second, third and the current crops are blatant real thieves in agbada and babariga. Shame on the lot of them.

I prefer the military as least we know where we stand and how far we can misbehave.

Most infrastructural developments in the country where done under the military regime e.g.
- the famous lagos-ibadan expressway - Gowon, the plan was to make that expressway all the way to ilorin.
- lagos international airport (known now as MMIA) - Gowon
- building of oil refineries - Gowon
- 3rd Mainland bridge - Babangida
- effective law & order - Buhari
- dealing with foreign companies (e.g British Airways) - Abacha
- plain level exchange rate - Abacha
- festac nigeria - Obasanjo
-operation feed the nation - Obasanjo

The list is endless, but our civilian governments have been just too merciless, taking jumbo pays and doing absolutely nothing.
Someone can help us check, how many bills were passed last year, instead they are always eager or will fight if their allowances are being debated  cry

Unfortunately and this is sad, we in Nigeria are not yet ripe or intellectually developed to operate a democratic government  cry
What is needed is a real tough no nonsense military ruler, who specialises in kicking backsides.

https://www.nairaland.com/851744/military-civilian-regime-make-choice/1
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 12:08am On Feb 07, 2013
Insertion of tampons to get high by ladies.....so ridiculous!

kudi ice: It's no secret teenagers sometimes experiment with alcohol, even drugs, but new ways they're finding to get drunk had jaws dropping in our newsroom.
"Quicker high, they think it's going to last longer, it's more intense," said Dr. Dan Quan from Maricopa Medical Center. "This is not isolated to any school, any city, any financial area," Officer Chris Thomas, a school resource officer, said. "This is everywhere."
When we heard how kids are getting drunk these days, we thought no way. So we hit up the experts to find out if it's an urban legend or if it's legit.
"There's been documented cases of people going to the hospital with alcohol poisoning just from utilizing it that way," Thomas said. Thomas spends his days patrolling the halls of a Valley high school. He's heard first hand how kids are getting tipsy.
"What we're hearing about is teenagers utilizing tampons, soak them in vodka first before using them," Thomas said. "It gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream. There's no barrier, there's no stomach acid to prevent it," Thomas said. "I would expect it to absorb pretty quickly as well, because it's a very vascular structure," Quan told the newspaper. "This is definitely not just girls," Thomas said. "Guys will also use it."
But take it from this cop, it won't work. It's not just jail time that might be a problem, these new tricks are really risky and could cause some serious problems. "It can cause mucosal irritation," Quan said. Plus, what if you over do it? Irritation could be the least of your problems. "Some of the dangers associated with this is there's no barrier," Thomas said.
There's also no gag reflex, and if it isn't going down the hatch you won't have that tell tale sign you've had too much to drink, which means you won't throw up if you've got alcohol poisoning, and you'll pass out before you know there's a problem. "It's problematic because you don't really know how much you're going to absorb," Quan said. It turns out that a super tampon can hold about a shot of vodka, which is pretty potent when it's going straight into your system.
"If the person does pass out or lose consciousness, health care professionals won't necessarily know that they have to look in those areas and that may delay treatment," Quan said.  
Another myth is that kids apparently think getting drunk that way means they would pass a breathalyzer test because they didn't drink the booze, but that's not true. The test checks out what's in your blood stream, not what's on your breath.

https://www.nairaland.com/1188031/teenage-girls-now-inserting-tampons#14196284
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 4:32am On Feb 07, 2013
bushwailo: [size=14pt]Victor Moses was playing street football with a 'sticky tape' ball when he heard both his parents had been murdered..[/size]

Victor Moses sat in the prefab office at the Crystal Palace training ground. He made eye contact only fleetingly. He spoke in a voice barely above a whisper and never for more than a few words.

His accent was south London, where he has lived for the seven years since his escape.

But when he hissed his 's' at the end of 'yes', that was his native Nigeria and the first echo of his tragedy.
At least now there is a little distance between him and what happened when he was an 11-year-old growing up in the city of Kaduna in the north of the country.

He has made a good life for himself in England. He only turned 18 in December but he has just bought his own flat. In a few weeks, he will take his driving test.

His boss at Palace, Neil Warnock, says he is the most gifted forward he has managed. Chelsea and Arsenal are said to covet him. He plays for England Under-19s.And yet Victor remains an enigma.

He responds well to the Palace coaches now but when he first arrived, they felt they could not reach him.

They forgave him his silence though, because they knew there was a reason for it.There were rumours about the horrors he had seen. It was said that he had not spoken for two years after he arrived in England because he was so traumatised.

But none of them knew the details of his story until he sat down in
that office last week and whispered some of his memories.

The recollection of it all was still desperately painful and sometimes Victor's whispers became inaudible and he looked away.

He did not say his father had been a brave man but did not need to.

Austin Moses was a Christian minister in Kaduna at a time when religious violence between the Muslim majority and Christian minority was rife.

[b]Thousands of Christians had been killed there in 2000 when they objected to the imposition of Islamic Sharia Law.

The news wires mention countless examples of Christian pastors being butchered in their churches by Muslim rioters.

Still, Austin Moses remained a pastor and with the help of his wife, Josephine, continued with his missionary work.

He did not have time for football but Victor played every day, in the streets or on a dusty concrete pitch surrounded by houses.

His heroes were David Beckham and Michael Owen.

But in 2002, there were more religious riots. The family knew that because Victor's father had his own church, he would be a target.

Victor, the couple's only child, was playing football in the streets with a ball made up of sticky tape bound tightly together when his uncle came to find him.

He told him rioters had set upon his parents in their home and murdered them. He said Victor's life was in danger, too. The little boy, an orphan at 11, was hidden at a friend's house.

"I just tried to be careful afterwards," he said. "It was a week after they were killed I came to England.
[/b]
They got me out as quickly as they could for my safety."

He left so fast and in such panic, shock and bewilderment that he did not even have the chance to bring any pictures of his parents.I asked him if he still had vivid memories of them and for the only time, his eyes blazed. "Yes," he said, "of course."

Victor did not know anyone in England. He had never even been outside Kaduna before. He was placed with foster parents in Croydon and classified as an asylum seeker.

He was juggling a ball in a park by himself one day when he plucked up the courage to ask if he could join in with a team training there, Cosmos.

He began playing in the Tandridge Sunday League with them and was spotted by Palace scouts.

They helped him gain admission to the highly-respected Whitgift School so he could take advantage of its superb sports facilities and the coaching of former Palace star, Steve Kember.

Warnock gave him his debut for Palace last season when he was 16 and he became a fans' favourite and an England Under-19s regular.

Warnock came and sat with us for a while as we spoke and listened intently to what Victor was saying.

The Palace boss experienced a different kind of parental bereavement at the same age as Victor when his mother died from multiple sclerosis.And for a couple of minutes the manager at the end of his career and the boy at the start of his talked about how they imagined their parents looking down on them as they continued with their lives.

Warnock said Moses was good enough to play for one of the top four Premier League sides. He said if Palace did not progress, Moses would leave. He talked about how the boy came alive when he ran on to a football pitch, about how all the pain he seems to carry with him fell away when he had a ball at his feet.

And he said he wished some of today's footballers, the ones who seem to take their gilded lives for granted, could see what Victor had overcome to get to where he is.

Victor nodded. The dream of being a professional footballer meant something different to him, something terribly poignant.

"When I look back," he said, "it makes me want to do everything I can for myself and make sure I am in the right place.

"I want to live well and do the right things. I never want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time like they were."

https://www.nairaland.com/1188045/victor-moses-playing-football-when

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
TOPIC : Your Worst Valentine Gift U Ever Received.

Tolexander: very funny question cos of my micheivous act in secondary school.
Then in SSS3. We had the valentine in class, though we'd been doing it in our previous classes. We would collate the name of each student in the class, wrap them in a paper and start passing the basket containing the paper. The essence of this was to buy a gift for anybody whose name you picked.
Coincidentally, i picked a gurl who had been my gurlfriend since sss1, but broke up with me in sss3 first term cos of one part 1 medical student that used to be our senior. In our previous celebrated val, i gave her a nice perfume and wrist watch packs that my aunty brought from Dubai(all stolen from her wardrobe anyway). And she gave me a pair of nice white snickers.
She thought i would reciprocate the nice guy i used to do when we were together. As a gurl expecting something better than last val's gift, she bought me a golden wrist watch. And i as a vindictive guy that had already been looking for the glorious day to retaliate, i perfectly wrapped a garri and #5 candy in a present pack so that she wouldn't know what is inside. We exchanged the gift the following day during closing time and went to our various homes cos it wont be nice checking what the gift was in school.
The following day. When i got to school, just saw her friend giving me a malicious look and i was becoming terrified that seems there is fire on the mountain today. During the break time, she came to me and started locking my shirt. The issue even got to the principal.

www.nairaland.com/1188963/worst-valentine-gift-ever-received

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
Why the drama, what was she expecting....LOL!

The guy harsh sha!
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
THREAD TITLE: U WILL GET THERE
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Believe in yourself and you will definitely get there..

When a poor,skinny black boy announced that he wanted to be the President of the USA, America laughed at him. He wasn't rich,wasn't experienced and wasn't WHITE. And YET,today,that boy is the PRESIDENT OF the USA

When an old,poor ,ugly woman auditioned for the British show,BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT,the judges laughed at her. She was old,dirty,ugly and shaggy. BUT the 47-year old SUSAN BOYLE amazed the World with her vocals,won the competition, and has sold 100 million copies of her first album!

When a poor,black Sudanese refugee girl went to Britain and got a job as a toilet cleaner,NO ONE would expect that she would be a Global Supermodel. BUT today,ALEK WEK is a world-famous supermodel who goes for lunch with Tyra Banks!

When her boyfriend dumped her,after telling her that she was fat and ugly,British singer ADELE was totally brokenhearted. BUT today,the girl is the highest-earning­­­ British singer and has won 8 GRAMMY AWARDS!

When he used to sweep the corridors of Ghetto Radio and serve tea to the Presenters,they­­­ all laughed at him for being tiny and low-class. BUT today,MBUSII is Kenya's Best Male Radio Presenter!

He started singing in 2000. He made over ten albums AND still NOBODY cared! They laughed at his weird, senseless songs....and He almost gave up music BUT then,he released GANGNAM STYLE ,and today,PSY is a global mega-superstar,­­­earning billions of dollars and with the MOST WATCHED video in YouTube History!

Hey,THE WORLD'S Expectations are NOT God's Preparations!!!

While the WORLD is busy hating,GOD is busy Loving!

While the WORLD is busy Destroying You,GOD is busy Building You!

While the WORLD is Running away from You,GOD is busy Running towards You!

While the WORLD thinks Your time is Up, GOD IS SAYING; YOUR TIME IS NOW!!!

Keep Praying!
Keep Hoping!
Keep Trusting!
Keep Believing!

THE LORD is NEVER LATE. It dosnt mata what's bin said to make u feel bad wit yourself, u re important.

104 likes and counting.

www.nairaland.com/1212496/get-there#14562780

2 Likes

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ayobase: Left for me, its either one hates Obasanjo and one wants him crucufied or one wanna be a good judge about this!

I'm very sure we would have supported if ALUU was acted upon as supposed!

Culled from http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/20/media-chat-you-are-wrong-about-odi-obasanjo-tells-jonathan/

“Five policemen and four soldiers were killed by a group of Niger Delta militants when they tried to enter the town of Odi in Bayelsa State in order to effect their arrest. This happened in 1999. After the brutal killing of these security personnel, President Olusegun Obasanjo asked the then Governor of Bayelsa State, Governor Alamieyeseigha, to identify, locate, apprehend and hand over the perpetrators of that crime.

“The Governor said that he was unable to do so and President Obasanjo, as the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, took the position that security personnel could not be killed with impunity under his watch without a strong and appropriate response from the Federal Government. Consequently he sent the military in, to uproot and kill the terrorists and to destroy their operational base which was the town of Odi. The operation was carried out with military precision and efficiency and it’s objectives were fully achieved. The terrorists were either killed and those that were not killed fled their operational base in Odi. They were uprooted, weakened, demoralised and completely dispersed. That was the purpose of the whole exercise and that purpose was achieved. The truth is that the killing of security agents and soldiers with impunity by the Niger Delta militants virtually stopped after the operation in Odi and remained at a bare minimum right up until the time that President Obasanjo left power eight years later in 2007. I advise those that doubt this to go and check the records.

“The same thing was done in Zaki-Biam in Benue State in the North-central zone of Nigeria in 2001 after 19 soldiers were murdered in cold blood and then brutally beheaded by some terrorists from that area. Again after the Federal Government’s strong military response in Zaki Biam, the killing of security personnel with impunity stopped. The objectives of the military operations in both Odi and Zaki-Biam were to stop such killings, to eliminate and deal a fatal blow to those that perpetrated them and to discourage those that may seek to carry out such barbarous butchery and mindless violence in the future.

“Those were the objectives and nothing more and clearly those objectives were achieved. There is no doubt that after Odi, there were still unrest, agitations, protests, kidnappings and the blowing up and sabotage of oil pipelines in the Niger Delta area but there were hardly any more attacks on or killing of soldiers and security personnel by the terrorists and militants because they knew that to do that would attract a swift and forceful reaction and terrible retribution from the Nigerian military.
Invasions objective achieved

“To stop and deter those attacks and killings was the objective of President Obasanjo and that objective was achieved. President Goodluck Jonathan was therefore in error when he said that Odi did not solve the problem of killings in the Niger Delta area by the Niger Delta militants. Not only did it stop the killings but it is also an eloquent testimony of how to deal with terrorists, how to handle those that kill our security personnel with impunity and how to deter militants from killing members of our civilian population and thinking that they can get away with it. If President Obasanjo had not taken that strong action at that time, many more of our civilian population and security personnel would have been killed by the Niger Delta militants between 1999 and 2007.

“By doing what he did at Odi and Zaki-Biam, President Obasanjo saved the lives of many and put a stop to the killings and terrorism that had taken root in the Niger Delta area prior to that time.”

The former Aviation minister also said Mr Obasanjo’s comments last week on how to solve the Boko Haram problem were misconstrued and misrepresented in certain quarters.

“He never said that the Odi treatment should be applied to Boko Haram or that such action is appropriate in these circumstances. What he said was that a solution ought to have been found or some sort of action ought to have been taken sooner rather than allow the problem to fester over time like a bad wound and get worse.

“There can be no doubt that he was right on this because, according to President Jonathan’s own Chief of Army Staff, no less than 3000 people have been killed by Boko Haram in the last two years alone. That figure represents approximately the same number of people that were killed by the IRA in Northern Ireland and the British mainland in the 100 years that the war between them and British lasted and before peace was achieved between the two sides.

“The same number of casualties that the IRA inflicted on the people of the United Kingdom in 100 years, is the same number of casualties that Boko Haram have managed to inflict on our people in just two. This is unacceptable and it is very disturbing. The Federal Government must cultivate the courage and the political will to stop the killings by Boko Haram and to find a permanent solution to the problem.”

https://www.nairaland.com/1214776/cpc-wants-obasanjo-arraigned-odi/2#1214776.75

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 6:19am On Mar 08, 2013
Rooneyboy: ~~DRINK WATER ON EMPTY STOMACH~~

It is popular in Japan today to drink water immediately after waking up every morning. Furthermore, scientific tests have proven its value. We publish below a description of use of water for our readers. For old and serious diseases as well as modern illnesses the water treatment had been found successful by a Japanese medical society as a 100% cure for the following diseases:

Headache, body ache, heart system, arthritis, fast heart beat, epilepsy, excess fatness, bronchitis asthma, TB, meningitis, kidney and urine diseases, vomiting, gastritis, diarrhea, piles, diabetes, constipation, all eye diseases, womb, cancer and menstrual disorders, ear nose and throat diseases.

METHOD OF TREATMENT
1. As you wake up in the morning before brushing teeth, drink 4 x 160ml glasses of water

2. Brush and clean the mouth but do not eat or drink anything for 45 minute

3.. After 45 minutes you may eat and drink as normal.

4. After 15 minutes of breakfast, lunch and dinner do not eat or drink anything for 2 hours

5. Those who are old or sick and are unable to drink 4 glasses of water at the beginning may commence by taking little water and gradually increase it to 4 glasses per day.

6. The above method of treatment will cure diseases of the sick and others can enjoy a healthy life.

The following list gives the number of days of treatment required to cure/control/reduce main diseases:
1. High Blood Pressure (30 days)
2. Gastric (10 days)
3. Diabetes (30 days)
4. Constipation (10 days)
5. Cancer (180 days)
6. TB (90 days)
7. Arthritis patients should follow the above treatment only for 3 days in the 1st week, and from 2nd week onwards – daily..

This treatment method has no side effects, however at the commencement of treatment you may have to urinate a few times.
It is better if we continue this and make this procedure as a routine work in our life. Drink Water and Stay healthy and Active.

This makes sense .. The Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals not cold water. Maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating!!! Nothing to lose, everything to gain...

For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you.
It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion.

Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine.
Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

A serious note about heart attacks:

· Women should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting,
· Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.
· You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack.
· Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms.
· 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up.
· Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survive...
A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this mail sends it to everyone they know, you can be sure that we'll save at least one life.
Please be a true friend and send this article to all your friends you care about.

PLEASE DON'T IGNORE SHARE IT. THIS MIGHT SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE.

https://www.nairaland.com/1206271/many-heading-healing-powers-water

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 10:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
THREAD : 'My Oga @ The Top', Wife Protests @ Channels TV

herquleez: In my opinion, the man represents the cadre of public office holders (unintelligent, stagnant, semi illiterate, unpresentable, shameful and of course no computer literacy)

This cuts accross many government parastatals (ministries, agencies and departments) where 'leg', quota system and corrution has deminished our standards to nothing.

As harsh as jokes like this may seem, it's the only way common Nigerians can express their displeasure at the ineptitude of people in power.

A part of me kinda feels sorry for him though, but the 'oga on top' thing can't stop being funny. He should serve as a lesson.

Check out his fb page

www.nairaland.com/1227828/oga-top-wife-protests-channels/5#14790420

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by Rooneyboy(m): 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
THREAD : What Qualities Do U Like about President Goodluck Jonathan

coogar: his dress sense!
his mexican hats are unique. he's the only president that wears such on the planet. apart from that, there's nothing to write home about. i can write everything jonathan goodluck knows about leadership and governance on a grain of rice.

www.nairaland.com/1231798/what-qualities-like-president-goodluck/1#14851037
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
This coogar ehn.....smiling@on the grain of rice!
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
Big Meat: With over 12 years of civilian government, can anyone point to any tangible or credible development in our nation apart from the over inflated GSM services which was done by the Obasanjo government and only one or two state governors performing above par. The rest are just useless, this has been the case with every democratic dispensation right from the first republic. The first republic was slightly better, save some regions.
The second, third and the current crops are blatant real thieves in agbada and babariga. Shame on the lot of them.

I prefer the military as least we know where we stand and how far we can misbehave.

Most infrastructural developments in the country where done under the military regime e.g.
- the famous lagos-ibadan expressway - Gowon, the plan was to make that expressway all the way to ilorin.
- lagos international airport (known now as MMIA) - Gowon
- building of oil refineries - Gowon
- 3rd Mainland bridge - Babangida
- effective law & order - Buhari
- dealing with foreign companies (e.g British Airways) - Abacha
- plain level exchange rate - Abacha
- festac nigeria - Obasanjo
-operation feed the nation - Obasanjo

The list is endless, but our civilian governments have been just too merciless, taking jumbo pays and doing absolutely nothing.
Someone can help us check, how many bills were passed last year, instead they are always eager or will fight if their allowances are being debated  cry

Unfortunately and this is sad, we in Nigeria are not yet ripe or intellectually developed to operate a democratic government  cry
What is needed is a real tough no nonsense military ruler, who specialises in kicking backsides.

https://www.nairaland.com/851744/military-civilian-regime-make-choice/1
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Sometimes it is not hard to see why many Nigerians are miserable.

We know how to suck the joy out of every single thing...what has displaying pictures of ONE'S family in ONE'S office gotta do with anything, that someone will carry on their head?!!

If we aren't questioning one's right to kiss his significant other in public, we are asking if it is proper for a family to dine out.

If the condemnation of those have been exhausted, we start railing on those people who help their wives sell chinchin or cuff links or how they pray, which church they attend and what kind of car they drive or what side of the bed one gender must sleep.

When that one finishes, we move on to why people shouldn't use BB, Laptop, Android, Notebook etc.

Every single thing has to be dissected because we have convinced ourselves that condemning/question something someone else does automatically makes us more superior.

What happened to live and let live? If you don't wanna display pictures of your family....DON'T but let the person who wants to....do so and stop making a federal case out of it.

Jeez!! undecided

From the thread : https://www.nairaland.com/1184045/displaying-family-pictures-office-it
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
Antonio-oladeinde-fernandez-nigerias-reclusive-billionaire

Ìyániwúrà123: He is 76 years old. He Is A Billionaire. Reputed To Have Not One, But SIX Private Jets. He Owns A Chateau In France, Once Occupied By Napoleon Bonaparte, The Emperor Of France. Friend Of Mobutu. Ally Of Kofi Annan. Associate Of Mandela. I Call Him The Emperor of Blinding Swagger. Terrific Swagger. He Is So Classy That Whenever He Enters A Restaurant To Eat, Everyone Else Must Leave Because He Cannot Eat With The 'Commoners'. He Takes Over Entire Restaurants For The Night To Avoid Encountering 'RiffRaff'. (Chai! Poor Man Don Suffer). Of All The Richest Nigerians I Know, None Comes Close To This Man When It Comes To The Level Of Style, 'Tooshness' & Money-Backed Aloofness. But Who Is He? How He Made His Money? His Marriages? Why He Left His House For A Hotel?

See More Pics here: http://iyaniwura.com/nigerias-most-reclusive-billionaire/

Welcome to the world of one of Africa's richest men: HIS EXCELLENCY, OLUWO ANTONIO OLADEINDE FERNANDEZ, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Permanent Representative (see his writings to the President of the United Nations Security Council and United Nations Secretary General on behalf of President Ange-Félix Patassé of the Central African Republic in 1998 in the pictures). When it comes to the most impressive and exuberant display of the splendour of wealth, Fernandez dusts them all -by miles. The name 'Fernandez' is Portuguese in origin and shows that he is of the popular Fernandez family of Lagos. Historical accounts show that the Fernandezes were originally descendants of freed slaves from Brazil, where Portuguese is the official language. Some of the first modern-styled buildings in Lagos were built by the Fernandezes, and these buildings are known for their spectacular Brazilian architecture. Portuguese navigators were also the first European explorers to reach Lagos State. Actually, they gave the state the name 'Lagos'

For Ovation magazine to feature a man in 40 pages says a lot about his prestigious standing. Very secretive (not in a bad way or let me say he guards his privacy jealously) and aloof (he very rarely comes to Nigeria where he is from), this is one rich man in a class and mansion of his own -with no rivals but maybe a few big cats. His wealth has dazed and fazed many, and left even many more speechless. ANTONIO DEINDE FERNANDEZ. Okay, enough of that. Let's get some bits on him:

-He is the perfect combination of a diplomat (you can also refer to that as ambassador), businessman and yes, a gentleman. He is multilingual, tall and dark (yeah, take a look at the pix again, will you?)

-Even though he is Nigerian, he was appointed the Permanent Representative of Central African Republic (CAR) at the United Nations in 1997 (ain't that classy?, but with the current turmoil in CAR, with former President Francois Bozize fleeing the nation, things are hazy). -Fernandez is said to have interests in the CAR's oil industry (at a time, he was the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Central African Republic). That does not include his bauxite (for aluminum) exports, gold mines (in Angola) and diamonds pits. He owns Petro Inett, an oil company. Petro Inett is just one of them. He also has shares in View, Sandcat Petroleum, Sanantonio, Goldfields, Voguehope, Grantdalem Inuola, Sandcat Goldfields (cat, cat, now I understand those two cats...lol), Woods and Petro Inett Equatorial Guinea.

-Before then, he had served as the Special Adviser to the President of Mozambique on International Economic Matters and from 1992-1995, he was the Ambassador-at-Large for the Republic of Togo and Angola.

-He was also once the Consul for Benin Republic (then Republic of Dahomey) (1966), made the Economic Advisor to the Angolan Government in 1982 (just for perspective, only Nigeria produces more oil than Angola in Africa, shey you gerrit?). To be specific, he was a long-time adviser to President José Eduardo dos Santos of Angola (he’s been ruling since 1975).

In 1984, he was the Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative of Mozambique to the United Nations. At a point, he was a Deputy Minister of Finance in Swaziland.

-He has houses in Kano, built a tower for himself in Lagos (where he was born in 1936), New York (where he is said to stay almost permanently), Scotland, France, Belgium and the United Kingdom. But that’s not all, he has accounts in the Cayman Islands, France, Switzerland (I love that country joor), Ireland, Hong Kong, Scotland and the United States. Don’t ask me of Nigeria.

-He surrounds himself with the finest, classiest and the most exquisite things that money can buy.

In a divorce case with one of his former wives, it was revealed that he splashed 200,000 British Pounds on his seven-storey townhouse to buy 1,000 books of gold leaf to ‘toosh’ up the already ‘tooshed’ cornices and balustrades.

-A high chief of the Ogboni Confraternity, he is highly revered in his Yorubaland and his family motto is: Aguntan meji kii mumi ninu koto kan na (see images for the insignia). Okay, what that simply means is that two rams cannot drink from the same container. Or some people will say, there cannot be two captains on a ship.

-He once married (some reports insist they were only romantically linked) the Erelu of Lagos, Abiola Dosumu but they fell apart and the Erelu of Lagos has since stopped using his name, Fernandez.

Today, he is married to a beauty from Kano State. Her name? Haleema, and has a daughter, Mahreyah. She is said to be of the Alhaji Muhammadu Maude (also known as Maude Tobacco) family of Kano. Alhaji Maude was the Presidential Liaison Officer for Kano State during the Shehu Shagari presidency. A wealthy businessman, he made attempts to become governor of Kano State in the 1980s but lost even though his campaign was one of the most colourful and was associated with the use of yan banga, local thugs.

In 2012, he denied reuniting with Aduke, his former wife. The chief thundered: ‘It’s a big lie. It will never happen, even in a million years.’

-He owns one of the most luxurious homes in Kano State (with one of the largest horse stables and farms in Nigeria, one of the Boko Haram battles in January 2012 during which the pregnant wife of one of the Boko Haram leaders was reportedly killed, was close to his property). But the house is now said to be falling apart. Well, he doesn’t stay at home! He finished from Cambridge University and Columbia University (business degree) and has been using private jets long before people like Dangote and what is the name of that man again o….ehen! Adenuga! started dreaming of a billion dollars.

-He has been in the diplomatic business since 1966 so billions are not new to him. He has direct contacts to some of the most powerful world leaders, business executives and entrepreneurs. He is said to be very close to leaders like Nelson Mandela and George Walker Bush -and they address themselves by the first names. He surely pulls the strings. At a time, he wanted to sue a decorating firm for publishing the pictures of one of his properties that they had worked on. Okay o.

-A very deft diplomat was also instrumental to the Bangui Agreements of 1997. He has denied having any links with the Nkomati Accords signed in 1984 between Mozambique and South Africa, to which some have given him credits. He gave brilliant speeches at the United Nations, and below is an excerpt:
[b]
Mr. Fernandez (Central African Republic) I take pleasure in congratulating Mr. Opertti on his election to the presidency of the General Assembly at its fifty-third session, and I pledge my delegation’s full cooperation. I commend his predecessor, Mr. Udovenko, for bringing the fifty-second session of the General Assembly to a successful conclusion. I take great pleasure in expressing my pride in our Secretary-General, Mr. Kofi Annan. His leadership and many achievements during the short period of his tenure are highly commendable. Just as this session of the General Assembly coincides with the fiftieth anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, it also coincides, providentially, with the fiftieth anniversary of the commencement of peacekeeping operations by the United Nations.

These coincidences are striking because, while one was envisaged in the Charter of our Organization and was the subject of painstaking negotiations, the other was a chance development, not having been envisaged in the Charter. Yet both have had a profound effect on the influence of the United Nations in global affairs and on the perception of the Organization by those whom it was established to serve and who were identified in the opening words of the Charter as “We the peoples of the United Nations”.

The double celebration this year should also enable us to appreciate better the interrelationship between human rights and peacekeeping. There can be no question of human rights being enjoyed in a situation of conflict. Put another way, conflicts create conditions for the most outrageous violations of human rights, since, contrary to all international law and rationality, the most vulnerable in society — children, women and the aged — are often targeted and deprived of the most basic of human rights, the right to life.

As we define and refine our Organization’s responsibilities in peacekeeping, which, by common consent, is now taken in its broadest sense to mean the prevention, management and resolution of conflicts, let us always be conscious that the universal enjoyment of human rights, one of the major aspirations of humanity, cannot and will not be achieved unless we devote as much effort to the elimination of the conditions that provoke the violation of those rights.

I believe that it is with this fact in mind that international organizations, whether global, regional or subregional, have been devoting considerable time to devising effective means of preventing, managing and resolving conflicts in their various area of competence. Of course, the United Nations, with its unique role as the only global Organization invested with authority for the maintenance of international peace and security, is, appropriately, taking the lead in these efforts….
[/b]

-In 1987, his American wife of 25 years, Barbara J. Fernandez, filed for divorce, and the proceedings of the case was at the Supreme Court of the State of Connecticut (Barbara Fernandez v. Antonio Deinde Fernandez (13283) and the case ‘involved the applicability of the doctrine of diplomatic immunity to an action for marital dissolution and equitable property distribution.’ As at the time of the divorce, Barbara Fernandez stated ‘an international businessman and diplomat who has admitted to being one of the richest men in Africa. He heads dozens of companies, and I believe his net worth exceeds $75 million.’ She (plaintiff) also stated that, in her opinion ‘the defendant could easily sell or transfer assets that are relevant to her claims for relief.’ (Fernandez vs. Fernandez).

-Ambassador Antonio Deinde Fernandez ‘claimed diplomatic immunity by virtue of his status as an ambassador to the United Nations for the People’s Republic of Mozambique’, and moved that the court dismiss the entire suit for lack of personal jurisdiction. A waiver was later provided, and the full text of the waiver went thus, providing: ‘Limited Waiver of Immunity.’ ‘Pursuant to Article 32 of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, the People’s Republic of Mozambique hereby waives the immunity extended by the United States of America to Ambassador Antonio Deinde Fernandez under the provisions of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations to the following limited and restricted extent only…’

One very unique thing about this Yoruba high chief is that unlike many other moneybags in Nigeria today, he did not make his money in Nigerian public office but rather by working as a suave and most talented diplomat FOR other nations of the globe, at a time when IBB and others were struggling over coups to rule Nigeria, he was already dealing with governments one-on-one. He has no traceable business or investment in Nigeria and stays virtually permanently outside the country (na your money o but nothing for we people of Nigeria,not even a tashere foundation or school tabi hospital. No lele o, Baba God at the top is watching all of us on His Samsung Galaxy). It is quite unfortunate that quite little is known about him (haha, I know how much I wrote on Adenuga na…lol!) because of intense privacy (which he has every right to), and what that means is that we may never know his real worth. At any rate, I stick to Forbes and Bloomberg’s Billionaire Index which lists Aliko Dangote as the richest black person on the third planet in the Solar System. Maybe a day will come when the Big Masquerade, the Afobaje (Kingmaker), the Custodian of Prosperity & Panache, Olori Ogboni Agba (Supreme Ogboni Chief) and Olori Oluwo (Head of the Occult) of Lagos, will come out and displace the Kano tycoon. If that day comes, this piece will be rewritten. Let’s take a good look at some of his titles, honours and awards (he is a tribal Yoruba chief and said to be one of the most prominent members of the Ogboni Confraternity):

His Excellency, AMBASSADOR, CHIEF ANTONIO DEINDE FERNANDEZ.

-His Imperial Highness Garsan Fulanin Kano (Kano State, Nigeria).

-Baron of Dudley (England). -Grand Officier de l’Ordre National du Leopard (Grand Officer of the National Order of the Leopard, the Democratic Republic of Congo)

-Grand Officier de l’Ordre du Merite Centrafricain (Grand Officer of the Order of Merit, Central African Republic).

-Grand Officier de l’Ordre du Mono (Grand Officer of the Order of Mono, Togo).

-Commandeur de l’Ordre National du Merite du Gabon (Commander of the National Order of Merit, Gabon).

-Officier du Ouissam Alaouite (Officer of the Ouissam Alaouite, Morocco where the descendants of the Alaouite dynasty rule as kings. The present is King Sidi Mohammed VI)

Thanks for your time.
IYANIWURA.

https://www.nairaland.com/1241189/antonio-oladeinde-fernandez-nigerias-reclusive-billionaire

1 Like

Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
fellis: The human body is an incredibly complex and intricate system and it still baffles researchers regularly despite thousands of years of medical knowledge. As a result, it shouldn't be a surprise that even body parts we deal with everyday have unexpected facts and explanations behind them.
Here are 100 wacky facts about the human body:
1. The brain is more active at night than during the day. Scientists don't know yet why this is.

2. The higher your IQ, the more you dream.

3. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body.

4. The nail on the middle finger grows faster than the other fingernails.

5. Fingernails grow nearly four times faster than toe nails.

6. The lifespan of a human hair is 3 to 7 years on average.

7. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve zinc. It doesn't destroy the stomach because because the stomach walls constantly renews itself.

8. Women's hearts beat faster than men's.

9. Women blink twice as many times as men do.

10. Women are born better smellers than men and remain better smellers over life.

11. Men burn fat faster than women by a rate of about 50 calories a day.

12. Men get hiccups more often than women.

13. A man has approximately 6.8 litres of blood in the body while women have approximately 5 litres.

14. The largest cell in the body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.

15. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.

16. Babies are always born with blue eyes. The melanin in their eyes needs time to be fully deposited or to be darkened by ultraviolet light to reveal the baby's true eye color.

17. Men have erections every hour to hour and a half during sleep. This is because the combination of blood circulation and testerone production can cause erections during sleep and are a necessary part of REM sleep.

18. After eating too much, your hearing is less sharp.

19. If your saliva cannot dissolve or mix with food, you will not be able to taste that food (try tasting something after drying off your tongue)

20. Noise causes the pupils of your eyes to dilate. Even very small noises can do this.

21. Everyone has a unique smell, unique finger print and unique tongue print.

22. By age 60, most people will have lost half their taste buds.

23. Your eyes remain the same size after birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.

24. A simple, moderately severe sunburn burns the blood vessels extensively.

25. We are about 1cm taller in the mornings than in the evenings.

26. The strongest muscle in the body is the human tongue.

27. The hardest bone in the human body is the jaw bone.

28. The hands and feet contains almost half of the total bones in the human body.

29. About 32 million bacteria call every inch of your skin home, but they are mostly harmless and some of them are even helpful.

30. Humans shed and regrow outer skin every 27 days.

31. Three hundred million cells die in the human body every minute and everyday and adult produces 300 billion new cells.

32. The colder the room you sleep, the higher the chances are that you would get a nightmare.

33. Humans are the only species that produce emotional tears.

34. All babies are color blind at birth, they see only black and white.

35. The only part of your body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It gets its oxygen directly from air.

36. A normal human being can survive 20 days without eating but can survive only 2 days without drinking.

37. It is impossible to kill yourself by choking yourself with your hands.

38. Everybody has one strong eye and one weak eye.

39. Your skeleton keeps renewing itself every ten years which means that every ten years you get a new skeleton.

40. The human feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat a day.

https://www.nairaland.com/1178211/40-amazing-facts-human-body
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
This guy just put to shade the sweat of the OP!

MRbrownJAY: @OP
what a pile of nonsense!!!!!

- most nice guys are hideously insecure..... BULLSHIIT
just because you have to force yourself to be nice, does not mean that people who are naturally nice are faking it like you do. here is a clue: treat others as you want to be treated, live right and get tenfold in return!

- most nice guys exude insecurity.......BULLSHIIT
the fact that you automatically believe that being nice means being a fool is one of the reason why you have no idea what you are talking about. being nice means just that, and when there is no reason to be nice anymore then these guys become NOT nice any longer. pls stop associating being nice with being a MUGU....thats two different subjects.

- so many Nice Guys complain about women being horrible...........BULLSHIIT
if a woman is horrible then ALL guys would complain about her being horrible, not only the nice ones, duh!

- Nice Guys go overboard........BULLSHIIT
just because YOU dont do certain things, or dont live by these criterias, shouldnt be a reason to dismiss those who do. women like to be offered flowers FACT! men try to buy women's affection by any mean necessary, FACT! all men have different view of romance and there is no "one set fits all" when it comes to romance, FACT! thinking that nice guys ALWAYS fail in love is your ultimate fail of the day, FACT! being nice doesnt mean being stoopid, the day you realize that is the day you will have a fair chance on understanding the issue, FACT!

a man that worships or puts a woman on a pedestal is a fool, a man that respects a woman and cares for her needs to the best of his capable abilities is a nice guy. just because YOU cannot care for a woman (because of you egotistical BS) does not make your actions better than the nice guy's.
treat people the way YOU want to be treated, and basta!

as for your idea that nice guys are men that "cling to women, and want to be one with them for fear that if she is out of sight, she may disappear or become attracted to someone else" i can only laugh in Swahili and ask myself where do you come up with so much nonsense?!

- A Nice Guy often has trouble with emotional intimacy.........BULLSHIIT, the fact that YOUR insecure self believes that a nice guy is automatically faking (thus afraid that his true self will get busted) is another reason why you are failing in this subject. try to use your brain, remove your low self esteem ego out of the equation, and realize that many men are nice to women simply because that in their NATURE, and they are not faking as you may think.

- Nice Guys are always asking HER to make the decisions........BULLSHIIT
wherever you get your manual on "nice guys" i suggest you go and get a refund. your idea of nice guys is so wrong that only a biatch slap at a 90degrees angle may help you wake up from your nonsense (with all due respect)
some people are not strong or forward like that,and require that others make decision for them...... and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

- Nice Guys rarely speak up when something bothers them,........ BULLSHIIT
some guy are indeed shy, and again there is nothing wrong with that......

- Nice Guys think that they will never meet anyone as special as she is.........BULLSHIIT
there is nothing wrong in showing a woman that you care for her, and if she is special then by all means men need to show that too. men like you have so much crap embedded in their DNA that they have lost the plot on how to treat women properly. if you meet a special woman then SHOW HER THAT SHE IS, end of story!
men should love (the right) women the best they can, as hard as they can, with no boundaries.

- The nice guy -needs- to believe that he is the best person for the object of his desires..... ON THE CONTRARY all men should believe in themselves and believe that they are the best person for any woman. the ones who think that they are not good enough are simply insecure low self esteem being. who cares who could be a good match for a lady IF YOU ARE THE ONE DATING HER?! if these other people were "good match" then THEY would be dating her at that moment, not YOU, duh! only an insecure low self esteem person think the way you do.

- More than loving the woman in his life, a Nice Guy NEEDS her.........BULLSHIIT we ALL need women, and any fool who believes that he doesnt is either extremely gayy or deluded! at the end of the day, no man can be truly happy unless he has a good loving woman by his side to share his happiness!

- Nice Guys go after “hard luck” cases..........BULLSHIIT
most women dont show their true on the first date, and some can hide their true self until you say I DO..... only men with misplaced ego would think that they can ALWAYS tell who a woman truly is. some men are novices and shouldnt be blame for their inexperience (aka being a novice)! some men give EVERY women a chance and shouldnt be blame for being open minded like that! some men want "different" women, and that should only be THEIR choices to make, and certainly shouldnt be blamed for that. just because YOU dont like such woman is all on you, but dont automatically blame men who do.

- Nice Guys don’t like themselves.....THE ICING ON THE CAKE OF ALL BULLSHIIT
so if i understand the OP correctly, a man who is nice to others doesnt love himself, bwaaaaah! men like the OP has issues with women, and thus wants all men to think as low as he does of women. there is nothing wrong with being nice to someone, there isnothing wrong with caring for someone, OP should try it someday, it may do him a lot of good.

https://www.nairaland.com/1249682/why-women-dislike-nice-guys
Re: Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) by ayobase(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
This is the kind of people I'm talking about!
Women with SOUND virtues!

MMotimo: Don't know how many times this issue comes up in this section but I will say what I have always said. Culturally, Nigerian women, especially Southerners have been raised to believe that you have to bring in an income in order for your spouse and his family to respect you. Never mind that you have abused women with full time jobs.

A lot of people think staying at home makes it more likely your husband will abuse you. Please, spend time on courtship, know whom you are marrying. If hes going to be an abuser, chances are, you will see signs if you spend enough time in courtship. A very small minority of men can change overnight into monsters but that is not the norm. By the way, be careful that you, the wife, do not change into something the guy did not bargain for. If you were the saving type before he married you but afterwards, suddenly develop a taste for keeping up with the Joneses, that would not be fair to him.

Staying home (usually the woman in African settings) is a lifestyle choice and is determined by affordability and trust. I bolden this because for most people, it's not affordable but that does not mean you disparage others who can afford the choice. Above all, it should always be a joint decision and like most things in life, subject to change if it is not sustainble. No point doing it if one partner resents the other partner staying home or if it is not an affordable choice for your family

If the working partner's income is not sufficient to finance household expenses, you probably should not opt for it. When I say expense, that includes aso ebi, your Brazillian weaves, owambe parties, vacations, clothing, etc and any financial assistance to relatives/friends on both sides. I may be able to run my household on N50000.00 a month but maybe yours runs on $8000.00 per month. The same question still applies - can the working partner sustain the expenses? If so, for how long and at what cost?

At this point, I must say that if you don't have direct access to the income earner's accounts/earnings, if your assets and liabilities are not in joint names, then you should probably not stay home. Already, there's a comma in the situation if only one party makes and controls the financial decisions. In order for it to be successful, there has to be trust on both sides and each side should be comfortable with the other's spending habits.

Life insurance policies are available in Nigeria, same as in the West. It is called insurance in case the unexpected happens, fear of death should not mean you can't stay home and raise your kids if that is your family's desire. Sadly, the vast majority of Nigerian women that work, still have no net worth to show for it. It is still the constant hand to mouth, keeping up with the Joneses, dodging randy bosses at work who derive joy from chopping another man's wife.

Why are you staying home? For the vast majority, it's to raise their kids. For a few, it's simply a preference. If your spouse is fine with it and you can both make it work, do not let the mischievous sow discord in your home by calling you names.

If part of your self worth is tied to your career or how much money you make, it's probably not a good idea. For some people, working is not about money but about self worth/esteem
If you are going to miss the workplace environment, you should probably just keep working. If you are going to feel embarrassed and useless because you are not working, then keep working.

A much as possible, let your value system be based on experiences, not on acquisitions. I tell you, life becomes so much simpler once it's no longer just about acquisitions. Focus on building NW while at the same time, building your children (those that make the choice for kids).

Finally, yes, I stayed home for a couple of years, in Naija and in the West. I work now, because our kids are much older/independent and household expenses have grown. My extended family do not pry in my business so I didn't have to explain to anybody but I know it took a lot for my Mum not to say anything. She started working at 18 and only retired when she had a solid gold pension and left with a sizable package. If she were dead, she might have turned in her grave, she drummed career mum into me at an early age.

I stayed home but I have always had access to everything my husband has/earns and vice versa. I am that wife that knows where everything is and whose husband will "sign here" without a second glance because of mutual trust. It doesn't matter which gender plays the lead financial role, trust is non-negotiable when it comes to money, epecially for a Naija couple.

https://www.nairaland.com/1257575/because-wife-does-not-work#1257575.2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Expressway,catches Fire In The Process. Photos / List Of Fixed Match Scammers / Photo: Physically Challenge Barber Seen In Nigeria (his Client Chapdee Post On F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 231
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.