Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? (70013 Views)

17 Things You'll Never Undstnd About Men No Matter How Long You've Been With 1! / For Real Men......(no Lady Should Peep Into This) / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by 190theclown: 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
lola.luv:

Some still chase when a girl is worth it though. Not to sound conceited, I get a few chases...wink

story grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by 190theclown: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
joeydozzy:

complicated means I'm single but get punny regularly undecided

if you ent got a girlfriend then how do you get the punny -
bro be logical and truthful here grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
190-the-clown:

simple, its complicated undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
190-the-clown:

I wont even advice any men out there to date you
with a handle like that of yours - men would definately have to be careful around you angry angry

Hehehe lol grin grin. Whats handle Your advive is not needed. I dont need ur promotion but thanks for the offer. It would have been appreciated if i didnt have men lining up from the east to the west and north to south. tongue
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
190-the-clown:

190... i thought someone like you would know that you dont need a gf to get what u are calling 'the punny'.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by lolaluv1(f): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
190-the-clown:

story grin grin

See your head like Obasanjo's black butt! angryangry
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
[quote author=190-the-clown]
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
lola.luv:
Like Steve Harvey says in the movie, 'Think Like A Man', there's so much free séx everywhere.
Why chase after a wild horse galloping away from you, when there are sleek horses grazing nearby just waiting to be ridden?

In our grandparents time, you had to get hitched to get some. Now you can go home with a girl from the club, skype, sext, chat or phone séx. Séx is so cheap, it's a dime a dozen.

Some still chase when a girl is worth it though. Not to sound conceited, I get a few chases...wink

Yes Steve say's it best. It's the cheap women who have spoilt it for sensible women. Have you seen the movie. The guy was so traumatized that he couldn't have sex with her on the first and second night... I was like 'ARE YOU FOR REAL' He even called her a "crazy bitch" because she wouldn't have s-e-x with him. He didnt think he needed to pursue her but things changed.
I currently have 2 guys who have been pursuing me for over 2 years! This is unusual for an african man (unusual NOT impossible). Like i said not all but a lot. I think i should also add that i'm not living in Nigeria and have never lived in nigeria. I'm speaking from what i have noticed where i live.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
Life is too short,dnt waste ur time on any gal...Big gals knw wat they want,no dulling

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by lolaluv1(f): 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
@ChopUrMoni
Yeah, I've seen the movie.
Gosh! So so annoying.
How is a girl not going to rack up numbers when she's expected to sleep with every man she goes on a date with? And then, the same men turn around and call her a ho.

I shudder to think of the Megan Good situation in the movie as the prototype of the dating scenario in America.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by 190theclown: 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
lola.luv:

See your head like Obasanjo's black butt! angryangry

grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by 190theclown: 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

190... i thought someone like you would know that you dont need a gf to get what u are calling 'the punny'.

so are you advising Joey to continue with his PAY AS YOU GO - life
just because he doesnt have a girlfriend shocked angry angry
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
Because women are now pursuing men undecided
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by try69: 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
@topic those were remote days when men chase women for long..now things have changed and men want to move with trends and so are not going to waste their time chasing..although young minds do..
btw, men have noticed that a "baba iyabo" can get a beyounce where there is money so most dude's busy hussling.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by 1920MaMa: 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

True and false. Yes they do pursue those worth pursuing but they are not giving in their best. Even at church i hear the guys give up so easily. Regardless of whether she is virgin and a supermodel its seems like after a few attempts they give up. NOT ALL but a lot more than before! For example it is less likely that a man would pursue a woman for more than 1 year when during our parents and their parents time they pursued and waited for many years and didn't even get the chance to be intimate until they got married. Im not saying they don't but im saying it is difficult to find guys nowadays who do.

you mean you expect a guy to pursue a lady for 1yr in this generation where 7 women are holding unto one man to marry them? if you see a man that has all the qualities you desire in a man, why play hard to get? wat if you loose him in the process? on the other hand, if a guy does not meet your standard, why waste his time? until we realize that not all relationships must end in marriage, we still have a long way to go, relationship-wise.

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
ChopUrMoni: I currently have 2 guys who have been pursuing me for over 2 years!

Haba dear OP! This is why some men don't like pursuing women. Don't you think that life is too short to pursue anyone for TWO YEARS? Deep down in your heart, you already know how you feel about these men, so set them free.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
1920MaMa:

you mean you expect a guy to pursue a lady for 1yr in this generation where 7 women are holding unto one man to marry them? if you see a man that has all the qualities you desire in a man, why play hard to get? wat if you loose him in the process? on the other hand, if a guy does not meet your standard, why waste his time? until we realize that not all relationships must end in marriage, we still have a long way to go, relationship-wise.

I understand. Everyone has their own values right? As far as i am concerned i dont waste my time in relationships that i know would not led to marriage. If there is possiblity then ill go for the ride... it does not have to led to marriage but at least i entered with the hope that it may. Not everybody has to do that. Its just my thing. I don't have my heart, time, mind and body to waste on any fool out there.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
omo_to_dun:

Haba dear OP! This is why some men don't like pursuing women. Don't you think that life is too short to pursue anyone for TWO YEARS? Deep down in your heart, you already know how you feel about these men, so set them free.

Lol u are so funny. They are not held bound they are just in love. They make their own choices and they have taught me what true love really means and thats why i would not expect any less from my husband to be. I just dont think he would be black though... lol. With all the NL biys are saying so far, the possibility is very minimal.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
Back then, most women played hard to get so Men believed women hd to be chased...but these days that aint common any more. If we like u..u dont ve to chase us for long, so when we make it known to some guys that we aint interestd, they just quit nd move on, to the next available chic.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
190-the-clown:

so are you advising Joey to continue with his PAY AS YOU GO - life
just because he doesnt have a girlfriend shocked angry angry

who said anything about pay and collect here? undecided
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by try69: 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
Becacia_Barbie: Back then, most women played hard to get so Men believed women hd to be chased...but these days that aint common any more. If we like u..u dont ve to chase us for long, so when we make it known to some guys that we aint interestd, they just quit nd move on, to the next chic available.
GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Input(m): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
@op pls can I pursue you?

I can even pursue you enter your bedroom

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by beylinko(m): 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
@chopHISMoney
are u new here? U don't knw hw to quote.
If a girl is worth it she would be chased.Nice rightup dou.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by chikeorji123(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hard to get system is no longer in vogue these days,why wasted a guy time if u don't like him? for me once l persive that immediately l move on to a better one ahead which l know 100% plus sure bet then strick the deal and compartable join hand together to build an ampire for our future children than waiting for a lady who may not add any value to me.. next topic pls..

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by annawhite(f): 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
cos men are the new gold diggers in town!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Ilekokonit: 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
Why Are Men No Longer Pursing Women

Because men have learnt from Divorced and Seperated men that all your efforts on a so called good girl may be a waste of time, effort and money on the long run 5 years into marriage because most of our Westernised sisters are copying home breaking skills in the West all in the name of Feminism.

The current rise in "Independent woman syndrome" and "Delayed womens liberation" in our westernised sisters is making any rational man shun such women afterall, it is better to reside in a small corner of the roof than live with a brawling woman in a mansion

No man wants to marry a woman who behaves like a man. We all love feminine women and westernised women are not feminine in their ways

So when examples abound of ungrateful and poison tongued women, do you expect a sane man to put all his emotions and effort into pursuing someone who 5 years down the line may suddenly become cantankerous

lola.luv
See your head like Obasanjo's black butt!
Just another reason why men no longer feel some women are worth chasing. When Obasanjo who is old enough to be your father is now the butt of dirty jokes by a so called lady and you want any sensible man to plan a future with such gutter mouth ??

25 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
beylinko: @chopHISMoney
are u new here? U don't knw hw to quote.
If a girl is worth it she would be chased.Nice rightup dou.

Yes im new and learning dont worry ill catch up smiley.
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by chikeorji123(m): 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
annawhite: cos men are the new gold diggers in town!

Strange!
Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
annawhite: cos men are the new gold diggers in town!
I disagree. P_u_s_s_y-diggers, yes. Gold-diggers, no. Women are still at the forefront of the latter sector.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by ChopUrMoni: 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ilekokonit:

No man wants to marry a woman who behaves like a man. We all love feminine women and westernised women are not feminine in their ways

I DONT like to argue with Nigerian men like you who call african girls in the west names and blame then for marriage failure. My answer is DONT marry us. Go back to Nigeria and bring the Nigerian girl to the west... you have ALL my blessing lol grin grin. Nigerian men o/s with their unrealistic expectations. GO HOME AND BRING A WIFE LETS SEE... grin grin
You are looking for a woman who would shut up and kiss your ass and put up with all the crap you throw at her right? Nigeria is the best place to find her right? Go and bring her... Hurry up!!! EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? by lolaluv1(f): 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ilekokonit:

Because men have learnt from Divorced and Seperated men that all your efforts on a so called good girl may be a waste of time, effort and money on the long run 5 years into marriage because most of our Westernised sisters are copying home breaking skills in the West all in the name of Feminism.

The current rise in "Independent woman syndrome" and "Delayed womens liberation" in our westernised sisters is making any rational man shun such women afterall, it is better to reside in a small corner of the roof than live with a brawling woman in a mansion

So when examples abound of ungrateful and poison tongued women, do you expect a sane man to put all his emotions and effort into pursuing someone who 5 years down the line may suddenly become cantankerous

Just another reason why men no longer feel some women are worth chasing. When Obasanjo who is old enough to be your father is now the butt of dirty jokes by a so called lady and you want any sensible man to plan a future with such gutter mouth ??

Excuse you?
You don't want to go there, believe me!

Maybe I'm a gutter mouth. But if you were raised better, you shoulda learnt to speak only when spoken to and know not to poke your wide, trifling mouth where it's not wanted!

And glad to burst your contorted, self-righteous reasoning, I do NOT respect the man known as OBJ. Bite me!grinwink

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

I Found Out My Girlfriend Had Sex With My Best Friend On The New Year Day. HELP / Effanga Marilyn Releases Sexy Bikini Photo After Covenant University Sex Scandal / Lady Fumes After Guys Who Visited Her Shop Got Distracted By Her Backside (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.