Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59200 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Inova(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
Honestly I'm still trying to figure out the humor in his embarrassment. I've seen worse public humiliation than this dat didn't go viral. Comon guys. This cheap humiliation is exposing most of you guys dat have no jobs and console urself with ur cell phones hanging out at social media sites all day. To me the guy is not important enuf for me to propagate dis humiliation. I'm sure most of you are just hearing about NSCDC for the first time and I'm also sure you don't even know wat they do. Simply JOBLESS

7 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Greatlydia(f): 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
hahahahahhah eya sorry ok.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
Chuck D: For all those saying this meme should stop, wetin be una problems sef? No one likes the current situation in this country and everyone knows that it stems from the leadership. Much as I may feel pity for the man and his family, asking anyone to stop the trend is a worse crime than the trend (call it ridicule if you like) going on.
How does a social reformation begin? Must it only begin when someone sets himself ablaze out of frustration or must it be when there is stamp tax? Please... the effect of this MyOgaAtTheTop may have far more positive social impact than a whole lot of you may want to admit. So my fellow Nigerians, All I can say is: "endeavour to improve on your general knowledge of the little things around you and understand the importance of little humility and truthfulness. This man would've been far less embarrassed if he simply said he hasn't visited the site yet rather than acting the way he did. Imagine, he kept interrupting the Channels guys with his "wait... wait...". Wait for what nau? Please, if there's any of you out there who doesn't like the trend eh, You are "grown" already ok, let the "less mature" one enjoy their childhood while it lasts and what's more, you can disconnect your data connections from your PCs and mobiles. No be by force say you go read trending topics come dey spoil our Tuface with your Cabo Snoop... DazAll.

PS: Mehn I need to get me one of those MyOgaAtTheTop T-shirts O. They are friggin awesome mehn.
AND HOW DOES RIDICULING THE MAN MAKE NIGERIA A BETTER PLACE?
THATS ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH US INSTEAD OF SEEKING CONCRETE SOLUTIONS WE JUST SPEND TIME WITCH HUNTING AND LOOKING 4 SCAPEGOATS.
WORST CASE IS HE GETS FIRED THEN WHAT? THEN NIGERIA WILL SUDDENLY BECOME CORRUPT FREE? POVERTY WILL DISSAPEAR? PUHLEASE

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Engineer96(m): 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
The issue§ to consider here is" Did the oga at the top asked this man to speak to the media for and on behalf of NSCDC"?
Nollywood has seen the title of their next video.
This joke has made channels tv even more popular
All the federal ministries will issue a circular that no staff of their ministry should go to the press or issue any statement to the press except duly authorized by the minister. This may not favour channels.
There is no need for this protest. This joke has gone far beyond channels tv.
Time is a great healer.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by floriana(m): 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
I hope madam obtained police permit before staging that protest o

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by samilo88(m): 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
The most annoying thing about this so called joke is that most of you guys propagating this joke aren't as half intelligent as this man. An assignment, ask your parents whether they know what a website is. If they don't does that make them dumb? The fact that an old man isn't up to date with the latest technological trend doesn't make him incompetent when it comes to being in the helm of affairs. I have met so many people who are up to date with the latest happenings and trends as far as the internet and technology are concerned but generally they are still as dumb as a rock. Please let's take a break from this joke its becoming more silly by the day. Let's use the social media in tackling more pressing needs and not on trivial matters.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by beeboy09(m): 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
False News.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
ItsModella: The main issue is not even that he didn't know the website but he decided to lie in a really foolish and pathetic manner. He could have said the truth rather than going into a long and unnecessary rigmarole of how it was going to be made known by his oga at the top.

and his continuous

WAIT ........ WAIT.............

Like he knew what he was saying grin

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by niyoni: 9:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
ItsModella:
Exactly. If you can't beat them, you join them. He should join the jokes and accept his mistake, and before he realizes it, the matter will die down.
My thots too. Dis guy has turned into a celebrity in a flash. He should admit his mistakes, learn frm them, laugh them off and use it to his advantage rather than crying over spilled milk!

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by DrKnow1(m): 9:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
Let's create a forum where gaffes made by bungling officials should be posted. Seun, our oga at the top should think seriously about this.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
niyoni: My thots too. Dis guy has turned into a celebrity in a flash. He should admit his mistakes, learn frm them, laugh them off and use it to his advantage rather than crying over spilled milk!

. . .Maybe start a fashion label while he still can. Get some patent rights to the whole "Oga at the Top" cliche'. undecided
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by StateOfMind: 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
kingoflag:

In Japan, that woulda been the honorable thing to do. In this case, I think he should imbibe the Japanese culture where mediocrity is abhored and excellence is the goal and look for a sword and do what he gotta and spare the rest of us this rubbish him and his wife are trying to put us all through.

Where is your conscience? Haba!!!!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
samilo88: The most annoying thing about this so called joke is that most of you guys propagating this joke aren't as half intelligent as this man. An assignment, ask your parents whether they know what a website is. If they don't does that make them dumb? The fact that an old man isn't up to date with the latest technological trend doesn't make him incompetent when it comes to being in the helm of affairs. I have met so many people who are up to date with the latest happenings and trends as far as the internet and technology are concerned but generally they are still as dumb as a rock. Please let's take a break from this joke its becoming more silly by the day. Let's use the social media in tackling more pressing needs and not on trivial matters.

ok bro , brushing that aside, what do u have to say about his choice of word

"Oga"

In which dictionary can we get that word
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by pmc01(m): 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
The way we are blaming Channels TV for not 'protecting' the man is the same way Government was blaming the same TV station for exposing the rot at the Police college. Didn't the Govt attempt to take action on that matter thereafter?
Fact is that Channels TV has helped in exposing one of the major flaws in our security system; Mr. PRO was just an unlucky victim. Let's hope now that the Government will see enough reason to upgrade our security system from its present 19th century age to the current contemporary age.
As for Mr. Commandant, he should go back to Channels TV to beg for airtime that will enable him acknowledge the victims of his negligence of duty, as earlier stated (those that were scammed, due to ignorance of the authentic website), as well as offering a sincere apology and ultimately broadcast the authentic website. Maybe that will make more Nigerians sympathetic to his cause and help him douse the fire of his widespread mockery... That's all.
#God help us
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by tpapi: 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
D staff of channels tv shd b grilled for unprofessionalism by their mgt
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
Curious_city: The problem is we leave what should attack and attack what we shouldn't. I bet most persons editing the video of that interview didn't even listen or see when the interview was aired. Agreed the man goofed! Who has never goofed or failed a simple question in his life? Most of us just want to follow the bandwagon even when we are pathetic at our different places of work. If we have have to be sincere, some of our parents are ignorant of how to use ICT yet they occupy startegic positions in government.

I have a suggestion: Operation wipe out mediocrity from Nigerian civil service.

Each day, Channels TV will visit one MDA or unit UNANNOUNCED. Ask the heads questions bothering on their jobs. Post the recorded interview online. The we all vote on who suits to be in office or not. I bet some of use will be ashamed!!
Knowing the domain name of your company website is not as important as knowing the working procedures or policies of the company.

But Nigerians being who we are, and on anonymous forum like this, we are all 'pro' and can capitalize on someone's mistake or ignorance.
Wake up Nigerian Youths!

Curious city... 'Nigerian youths' ? Bunch of hypocrites! They clamour and bully till its over-flogged .... I heard they now drink to it every pub in town now....when one of the guy's kid commit sucide now as a result of this humiliation , now you hear them yap eeyaa / sorry again! undecided **sigh**

I've given up on these ALUU mob called Naija youths tete! Now you imagine why nobody wants to help them and leave their life rot away right before their eyes! Smh!

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Onyinyechimara(f): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
The man is funny. Period
Maybe he doesn't even realise it yet

Reminds me of that actor dude that's always acting as a gateman to Emeka Ike
Can't remember his name

He should sit up and make good use of his fame notoriety
See good money to be made from ' Oga at the top' merchandise
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Inova(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
floriana: This joke is a national treasure. I prefer to have the National theatre building demolished than to stop this joke.
Its allowed so long as ur not any older than 15 yrs and have no other business than being on social network sites all day.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by somegirl1: 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
Akell: The wife of the NSCDC Commandant that was ridiculed in the crazy "My Oga At The Top" VIDEO has been reported to have forced her way into Channels TV studio today to protest bitterly to the chairman of Channels on the damages the crazy video has caused his family.

She cried that her kids at school are been ridiculed everyday by their mates. On her part, her neighbours and fellow market women make jest of her every day. She says that the worse of the issue is that her husband can't sleep at night again because of the terrible embarrassment the video has caused him.
In fact she says the man cry every night and also, the so called Oga at the Top is even contemplating sacking or demoting the man because of the damages the video has caused NSCDC.

So the wife of the (ex?)NSCDC Lagos Commandant is a market woman? undecided
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dr Know: Let's create a forum where gaffes made by bungling officials should be posted. Seun, our oga at the top should think seriously about this.

1) Chief (Alhaji) Adegoke Adelabu: Penkelemes (Peculiar mess)

2) First Republic minister was asked a question in New York on his stand on a controversial international issue and feeling that the Nigerian government had an open mind on this matter, he replied, “I have an empty mind as far as this issue is concerned”.

3) Anambra moneybag politician, Okechukwu Odunze, who contested the SDP primaries for the post of Governor of Anambra state boasted that, “if Arthur Nzeribe has money, I also has money”. When a reporter asked for his view on a hot national issue, he replied “no commentary”.

4) Alhaji Barkin Zuwo, who stated that Kano “has surplus minerals like Fanta, Coca cola, Sprite, Mirinda and even Tango” while voting for massive use of derivation as a means of sharing national revenue, whereas Kano state, which he was representing in the senate, did not produce mineral resources. Legend has it that Barkin Zuwo once saw a number of car marts and concluded they all belonged to one person known as Saleh, because they all had the inscription, “for sale”.

Patricia Etteh

1) On the day the National Assembly was inaugurated, Mrs Etteh reminded House of Representatives members of the need to register their names, warning that any person who failed to do so would have their name “striking out”. Slip of tongue? Perish the thought. The following day she repeated the phrase “striking out” several times.

2) When a motion was tabled, she asked the member who was speaking, “are you in support of favour?”

3) Any time the ayes have carried the day on the floor, she wastes no time in announcing, “the hayes has it”.

4) Giving her defence before the David Idoko panel, Etteh informed the nation that she spoke to the management of the national assembly if due process was followed and each person “answered in the affirmation action”.

5) When the German ambassador in Abuja visited her, the speaker enthusiastically announced that the first place “I visited as a young parliamentarian was a German”

6) When the Spanish ambassador paid her a courtesy visit with a fairly large delegation, an impressed Etteh spared no effort to “welcome the strangers”.

7) When officials of FERMA visited the House, speaker Etteh urged them to urgently “make our roads habitable”.

cool To demonstrate the urgency of fixing major roads nationwide, she did not fail to make the point of the “deploration state of our roads”

9) When a House member tabled a motion on the unenviable condition of Kaduna Airport, Etteh called attention to the “two run-aways of our airport”.

10) Concerned about the increasing wave of vices, such as occultism on university campuses, excessive drinking, smoking and womanising by our youth, she has set for herself the task of reducing, if not, eradicating these social vices, which she colourfully calls “social devices”.

11) In far-away South Africa, at a meeting of the African Parliamentary Union, speaker Etteh stated that Nigeria has vast land where agriculture could thrive so much, that it could serve as an alternative source of foreign exchange, or in her own words, “Nigeria has fast land where agriculture is alternate”

12) To Etteh, the comity of nations can sometimes be referred to as “international countries”.

13) The office of the speaker has regained its aura as, not just an exalted place, but an “exotic office”.

14) The House has become respected as “a hollow chamber”, rather than just a hallowed chamber.

5 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by azimibraun: 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
Did the Man steal or kill? May God in heaven gv his family and himself the wisdom and stenght to overcome this wickedness towards dem. We all mst meet our moments of truth. I am nt without sins or shortcomings as a human so I wnt caste even d last stone nt 2 talk of the first stone. Curse upon anybody who is bent on finishing dis Man for jst a mistake anyhuman bin cn make.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 10:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
Babzilla:
AND HOW DOES RIDICULING THE MAN MAKE NIGERIA A BETTER PLACE?
THATS ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH US INSTEAD OF SEEKING CONCRETE SOLUTIONS WE JUST SPEND TIME WITCH HUNTING AND LOOKING 4 SCAPEGOATS.
WORST CASE IS HE GETS FIRED THEN WHAT? THEN NIGERIA WILL SUDDENLY BECOME CORRUPT FREE? POVERTY WILL DISSAPEAR? PUHLEASE

My brother, truth is if we(THE YOUTHS) don't act in this way and manner mediocrity will persist in our country .

U might not be aware of it but THE INTERNET is the only sword we've got.

*our leaders ARE NOT COMFORTABLE with the use of the internet in their midst*
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by waliezi(m): 10:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
kramer: Sounds like tales by moonlight to me

Abuse from fellow market women? (As if they have time to watch the video)
Abuse from neighbors? (What sort of neighbors do that in the first place?)
Bullied kids? (Do they know anything even?)

All because of what?

my oga @ d top.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by ba7man(m): 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
The wife of the NSCDC Commandant that was ridiculed in the crazy "My Oga At The Top" video has been reported to have barged into Channels TV studio today to protest bitterly to the chairman of Channels on the damages the crazy video has caused his family.sad :]xx She says her kids at school are been ridiculed everydaycry cry , her neighbours and fellow market women make jest of her everyday, and to make matter worse, she says her husband can't sleep at night again cos of the terrible embarrassment the video has caused him:& . In fact she says the man cry every night and also, the so called oga at the top is even thinking of sacking or demoting the man cos of the damages the video has caused NSCDCcry . So, my fellow Nigerians, pls, pitty this family now. If na you d thing happen to, how u go feel?:| Abeg, make we stop this "Oga at the top" madness before the commandant go kill himself.:| The commandant, his children and his wife cry of shame and disgrace everyday.:]xx sad cry Pls, Stop the Oga at the top madness!:|
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Lusola15: 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
Seun, I am very disappointed dt u allow dis mans family to be draged into dis and front page for dt matter. Hang d man for all I care stay away frm his family. If Dis what ur forum as become f**k u and everybody dt insult his family. sad sad

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
Inova: Honestly I'm still trying to figure out the humor in his embarrassment. I've seen worse public humiliation than this dat didn't go viral. Comon guys. This cheap humiliation is exposing most of you guys dat have no jobs and console urself with ur cell phones hanging out at social media sites all day. To me the guy is not important enuf for me to propagate dis humiliation. I'm sure most of you are just hearing about NSCDC for the first time and I'm also sure you don't even know wat they do. Simply JOBLESS

Something tells me u are either related to D dude or his biological child grin
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by hussainahlami(f): 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dis isn't fair @ al,let's allow dat family T̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ Ђåvε̲̣̣̣̥ peace pls!!!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by PastorAji(m): 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2013
Curious_city: The problem is we leave what should attack and attack what we shouldn't. I bet most persons editing the video of that interview didn't even listen or see when the interview was aired. Agreed the man goofed! Who has never goofed or failed a simple question in his life? Most of us just want to follow the bandwagon even when we are pathetic at our different places of work. If we have have to be sincere, some of our parents are ignorant of how to use ICT yet they occupy startegic positions in government.

I have a suggestion: Operation wipe out mediocrity from Nigerian civil service.

Each day, Channels TV will visit one MDA or unit UNANNOUNCED. Ask the heads questions bothering on their jobs. Post the recorded interview online. The we all vote on who suits to be in office or not. I bet some of use will be ashamed!!
Knowing the domain name of your company website is not as important as knowing the working procedures or policies of the company.

But Nigerians being who we are, and on anonymous forum like this, we are all 'pro' and can capitalize on someone's mistake or ignorance.
Wake up Nigerian Youths!

Somehow true, somehow false.
Where I work I can readily give you our web address at the tip of my fingers w/out trouble and on my desk alone I have to memorize about 6-7 different web addresses.......
Back to our discussion, the man goofed and the wife SUPER GOOFED!!!! That's the price of employing connections over qualifications....
Yours truly
for: MY OGA AT THE TOP

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by StateOfMind: 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2013
Inova: Honestly I'm still trying to figure out the humor in his embarrassment. I've seen worse public humiliation than this dat didn't go viral. Comon guys. This cheap humiliation is exposing most of you guys dat have no jobs and console urself with ur cell phones hanging out at social media sites all day. To me the guy is not important enuf for me to propagate dis humiliation. I'm sure most of you are just hearing about NSCDC for the first time and I'm also sure you don't even know wat they do. Simply JOBLESS

I agree with you on this. Most youths never heard of NSCDC until now and majority do not even know the full meaning. Asked a couple of friends of mine when they would not stop mocking this man and their excuse was that they do not work there.

I also do find his approach to the question very embarassing and distasteful, especially the gesticulation and smirk but it is way too overflogged by the media. I really don't know how he and his family members have been coping. Friends, relatives, colleagues, chei. Even dame's own no reach this.

This joke na 'everywhere you go'.

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by mafioso47(m): 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
JudismphD: The Price for mediocrity and parochialism. U dnt blame anybody for ur pitfall. A man lacking in knowledge will definately perish and 'my oga at the top' will not be an exception.
review yur choice of words Mr. "A man lacking in Knowledge will definitely perish"?? Whre did yu get that from?? And I guess yu av all d wisdom in the world? And deserve to live init? Smh

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by enigmagu1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mr. Garri.:
The NSCDC official actually deserves to be rebuked for displaying gross ineptitude and inefficiency, I am however appalled by the way and manner Nigerians especially our youths have taken this matter to another level.

If only issues of CORRUPTION, BAD GOVERNANCE etc are given similar publicity and attention!!

There are so many SCAMS and daylight robberies being perpetrated by our government, yet all some folks think about is‎​ "Man at the top" story.

Let's start producing T-shirts to condemn the INJUSTICE and corruption around us!!

Let's produce songs, videos and GIFs to condemn GEj's rewarding of the most criminal-minded folks in our nation..

When are we gonna sing to The Government to remind them to bring to book those who perpetrated the subsidy scam that cost us trillions of Naira??

When are we gonna FOCUS ON ISSUES OF NATIONAL IMPORTANCE!!

angry angry

forget dat tin ...na grammer u d speak.....dat incidence is deadly funny...u cant tell me to stop laffin while basket mouth crack jokess..dat all..
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by herquleez(m): 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
In my opinion, the man represents the cadre of public office holders (unintelligent, stagnant, semi illiterate, unpresentable, shameful and of course no computer literacy)

This cuts accross many government parastatals (ministries, agencies and departments) where 'leg', quota system and corrution has deminished our standards to nothing.

As harsh as jokes like this may seem, it's the only way common Nigerians can express their displeasure at the ineptitude of people in power.

A part of me kinda feels sorry for him though, but the 'oga on top' thing can't stop being funny. He should serve as a lesson.

Check out his fb page

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / Hilarious Dangote-Obama Hoax Confuses Americans. / Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.