Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? (14609 Views)

Will This Relationship Ever Work??? / My Relationship Wit My First Love Was D Worst Relationship Ever / Does Long Distance Relationship Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Moriki(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
I dont understand. What does it mean by work out? If you are in a long distanced relationship for a year or two then fails, does that mean it did not work out.
I think there should be some basis to determine whether it had worked or not like the duration or the relationship ending in marriage.
I was in a 3 years long distance relationship and we eventually got married.
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Exponental(m): 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
U cant really compare like dat. Both has d ups n downs. My relationship is a long distance one. We just became close not too long n we are fine. The word long is to tell u we are overdue for marriage. It all depends on d person, urself n d level of love God has deposited in d heart of d 2 people involved.
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by sayso: 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
peps are so ideal.
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Achieverbaba: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
for me?? presently on the verge of breaking up tho....dnt think its working for me. 6yrs relationship for dt matter sad
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by totorimi: 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
It is a charade, it is a gateway ticket to cardio vascular diseases, it is wwwickedness and mans inhumanity to a fellow human being. Finally it is an oen invitation to Std, hiv etc.

Long distance relationship is not a relationshio at all. Commitment my foot. Its all lie lies and agony and emotional torture, waste of valuable money on useless phone calls.

I won't even advice my enemy to go into it. There is no benefit except if one of the parties have a skleton in their cupboard that they are hiding. Marry someone near wher you are. Take my advice.

3 Likes

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Esooros: 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
hmmmm>>>sometimes it does
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by blackbalang(f): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
totorimi: It is a charade, it is a gateway ticket to cardio vascular diseases, it is wwwickedness and mans inhumanity to a fellow human being. Finally it is an oen invitation to Std, hiv etc.

Long distance relationship is not a relationshio at all. Commitment my foot. Its all lie lies and agony and emotional torture, waste of valuable money on useless phone calls.

I won't even advice my enemy to go into it. There is no benefit except if one of the parties have a skleton in their cupboard that they are hiding. Marry someone near wher you are. Take my advice.
lol. Who did dis to u

3 Likes

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Joe50(m): 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
REPEATING SAME THREAD, SAME TOPIC EVERY TIME[/size][size=8pt] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by sunkoye: 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
it worked for me!
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
eduson55: [size=28pt]didnt work for me..[/size]
Same here sad
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by nikkyshyne(f): 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2012
eduson55: [size=28pt]didnt work for me..[/size]
aabidemi2: Same here sad
Me three cry cry cry cry angry

1 Like

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Burger01(m): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
Stella_Bella:
*sprays shelltox*
You wan kill person o o... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by KINGwax(m): 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
Long distance relationships are very hard to maintain. If you are the careless type, especially the females who don't mind keeping friends and tryin to confide in others, you're bound to end your relationship quickly,
when u don't see your partner as 'him or her' but wishes to see him as your friend's loving partner, then you're already on the verge of lettin go.
Mine is currently working.. But i must admint that i've never being faithful, and most times, when pushed to the wall with mere phone conversation, the anger of not able to face dt partner during some enraged conversation, the hatred u can't end with a rush of visible anger, wow..most times, i jes wish...

1 Like

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
That it does not work for u, dosen't mean it can't work for another. In d other hand, That it work for u dosen't mean it can work for another person. Al is by d grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by cblue: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
yep workn 4 me Afta 2yrs
came in town last month we almost eat each oda up lyk a lion @ its prey
Its suck sumtymz doe
But it really help d mind
Makes u mature n jealous less
N concentrate as @ work even as a student

3 Likes

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Orikinla(m): 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
[size=28pt]How many times will you raise this same topic on Nairaland and it has been over discussed.

YES. LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP WORKS. AND YOU CAN EVEN GET PREGNANT AND HAVE BABIES DURING LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS. ALL YOU NEED IS MATURITY. [/size]
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by mrjangola(m): 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
pespes: It works....Got married to her this year after she waited for 3 years.....Its just commitment and u have to write your own book

after anoda sharp guy don help u shine her congo, when u dey work ya ass of. Yeye dey worry u
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by olabiz2010: 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
It depend on the kind of love that exist between the two parties, my ex confirmed it to me that she can't hold 'IT' anytime she's 'MISSING' and am not around. Though am into another distance relationship now and i think this one is working coz i met her not quite long
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by StEligad: 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2012
i just work out of that cage. Yesterday finally i can nw face some real thing.
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Punteke(m): 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
considering entering into one
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by 76Naira(m): 2:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
Long distance relationships ke?
Unless you and your spouse are stuck to jobs like many of our parents had, you would find yourself on the move traveling for work, courses and business trips.
My point here is that modern jobs demand a lot from young spouses and yes it does work. At the end of the day, it depends on what both of you want.
No one said marriage would be easy. Are you in that long distance situation out of play? Isn't it usually for the good of the home? Come to an agreement. Decide want you want to give up. If you can't give up PP for a while for that MSc or PhD, that green card or citizenship, that contract in South Africa or that Medical Or Oil company job in Middle east, then, move together or stop aspiring. Stick to your regular jobs in the same city with the same certificate until you can move together.

Stop sampling opinion.........marriage is not about opinion poll. Its how you two define it. Its your world!!!

4 Likes

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by franksunny(m): 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
once in a nearby relationship, it never worked. now in a long distance one, is the happiest one ever, is working wella
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by tonym1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
SOME WORK AND SOME DOESN'T DEPENDING ON BOTH PARTIES cheesy
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by agitator: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
It is great, gives me more options. I used to be against. wink
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by MaxMoney(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
Its all abt the state of mind
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by ypzilanti: 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
76Naira: Long distance relationships ke?
Unless you and your spouse are stuck to jobs like many of our parents had, you would find yourself on the move traveling for work, courses and business trips.
My point here is that modern jobs demand a lot from young spouses and yes it does work. At the end of the day, it depends on what both of you want.
No one said marriage would be easy. Are you in that long distance situation out of play? Isn't it usually for the good of the home? Come to an agreement. Decide want you want to give up. If you can't give up PP for a while for that MSc or PhD, that green card or citizenship, that contract in South Africa or that Medical Or Oil company job in Middle east, then, move together or stop aspiring. Stick to your regular jobs in the same city with the same certificate until you can move together.

Stop sampling opinion.........marriage is not about opinion poll. Its how you two define it. Its your world!!!

Think you said it all. If you have a solid foundation in your relationship (2-3 years and above together with love and understanding)it most likely will work. Other than that, not so sure. Truth is that the normal quest to improve your lives will separate you as a couple for long periods at times, unless neither of you has any aspirations.
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by LeStylo: 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
It worked for me - Lagos to Abuja and i'm getting married in a weeks. smiley
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by noholdsbarred(m): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
I've been dating her for the past 7 years and we live in different states. We'll finally settle down in the next few months. It works as long as both parties are committed to the relationship and continously communicate with eachother on regular/daily basis. The downside is that quarrels spring up faster than when the other person is physically present. It's only for really mature minds.

1 Like

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Yornandrew: 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
I don't like it . It breeds room for unfaithfulness and cheating in relationship and marriage
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
Long distance relationship only work economically because you never gonna spend much like takin her to eatery,spending in excess when going out and spending on useless stuff.
Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by subzero2(m): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
The energy involve in a distant relationship in MORE than that of a radioactive energy. I'm into one sha oo! But very hypertensive.
Just imagine givin ur gal like six missed calls at different time intervals, and it took her over 4-5hrs to return ur calls. My broda, it will take only d Holy Spirit to help u get over the taughts that will be going thru ur mind.

2 Likes

Re: Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? by charlespaker(m): 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
solidbroda: If their is nothing to break the trust, it will. I had one, and it didn't work. She cheated, and I can't get to trust her. Although, she was nice. All I knew then was, the only time she was with me, I was able to trust her then. But if she's gone, no trust again. So, in other to save myself from child-hood hypertension, I called it off. If you guys are faithful, why not. But men will always be men and women will always have their chicken brain.
You said it all bro, its hard,m currently in one,but sometimes i feel like am deceiving myself,there so many needs that can't be attended to on phone blv it or not,
You are bound to cheat sooner or later,rlationship needs more than words to stay alive.goodluck to us!!!smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women Hole Are Different And Why Men Dump Women After Sex / The Fraud: Judefcc Mr N18 Million. Pics Included. / $&£££ €£&

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.