Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? (9264 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
Kay 17:

First of all, whether its debauchery or not depends on the society they are in. Society sets the rules, and some don't frown at it.

Second, yes, some homosexuals become atheists maybe because their religion (esp. Christianity) fails to exhibit and propagate Love. And subsequently the religion shatters b4 them. While some accept liberal denomonations of Christianity.

And some still stick to conservative christianity and battle with themselves.

self control is a virtue.

See how easy it get for you to state your idears?

It does not take anything away from you and ended up projecting your reasonability for the simple reason that your mind is not beclouded by emotions and sentiments.

However on this:
Kay 17:
First of all, whether its debauchery or not depends on the society they are in. Society sets the rules, and some don't frown at it.

nature paints a different picture.

That all society of man agree that stealing is bad does not prevent all societies from having thieves.

When all member of a "particular" society then say that stealing is not bad, does that mean that stealing is then right?

Even though it is allowed (gay) nature still shows that man and animal are made in 2's, male and female. With "sexual organs to match perfectly" through which a vital purpose is served, = procreation.

a deviation is a deviation, no need to justify it, just let it to remain what it is, "a deviation"
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by wiegraf: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
truthislight:

i still dont get you or shear your sentiments i mean!

Hmmm!

What i wrote is very much understandable for those that want to.

"if you cant forward your reasons for saying that animals are also homosexuals like mankind and show proof of It to be so, the rational option left to me is to remain with what i have learn from nature that nature made living things male and female"(animal and man)

so, from nature one can learn what is normal and what is Misnomer.

If this is not clear to you, then it may be a "mind set" thing.

Bring forward your extraction from the wiki site you ref. Let us see, and leave attacking my person.

As for ptolomeus, i just wander

may your majesty forgive him. *sigh*

Peace

I wasn't attacking you here. I was earlier on with the blood to the john thing *snicker*, but not here. There's nothing wrong with doing your thinking in another language, seriously...
Anyways, this whole thread is an insult to common sense.
Move along now, nothing to see here (except if you're a vedax-level genius, of course)
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
Stalwert: I don't understand am I being persecuted? I cannot post in the religion section and all this because I wonder why atheism could be the religion of gays? Check here www.nairaland.com/1072447/could-atheism-considered-gay-religion

Ok I just found out

Banned by manmustwac in Religion for being to
insultive. I don't like the comment comment about
licking mod assss .Ban expires on
10:09am On Oct 15

But where is freedom of speech? Na wa make unah helep me shout!

Vedaxcool is asking what is wrong in using licking asssss, when we know it is clearly like saying kissing one's asssss in essence behaving sheepishly in order to win some favor.

Pls ask manmuswac why being do pained have made him banned vedaxcool unfairly?

my sympathy though.

It will soon be over, 15th you said.

Though i feel that the mod deserved some respect.

But, you ant doing badly with your current id.

Try and stick around for the thread, you are the op.

I feel that the atheist should tuned down the emotion and do justice to the thread.
Peace.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2012
truthislight:

my sympathy though.

It will soon be over, 15th you said.

Though i feel that the mod deserved some respect.

But, you ant doing badly with your current id.

Try and stick around for the thread, you are the op.

I feel that the atheist should tuned down the emotion and do justice to the thread.
Peace.

Man thanks, the same atheist would insult you an dgo report you. My statement only meant that he should quite being a sycophant to the moderator, I wonder what's offensive about. Anyway they also canned stalwert apparently for using poo bag

1 Like

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2012
According to this study by Barna, the top reasons why young people are leaving Christianity is because they see Christians as being too political, too homophobic, and too judgmental, not because of the New Atheists: http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/16-teensnext-gen/94-a-new-generation-expresses-its-skepticism-and-frustration-with-christianity

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,43014.msg9268592.html#msg9268592

And in my case it was easier for me to come out as an atheist to my sister than it was for me to come out as gay. This wasn't because I thought my sister might hate me for it but for me talking about my sexuality with family members was more awkward than talking about my lack of faith. But my sister was accepting of both of them and she's a liberal Christian. I did have one bisexual friend of mine who's a conservative Christian Republican who thought I was going to hell for being an atheist and while we still disagree on this issue, we're still good friends and we can debate this issue in a calm rational manner now more than when I first came out. But the vast majority of my friends I've come out to as both gay and atheist have been ok with it. Though I'm still in the closet for both to my parents and my fundamentalist friends I grew up with.

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,43014.msg9268956.html#msg9268956

somehow it seems being gay is positively correlated with being an atheist?

2 Likes

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 15, 2012
vedaxcool:

Man thanks, the same atheist would insult you an dgo report you. My statement only meant that he should quite being a sycophant to the moderator, I wonder what's offensive about. Anyway they also canned stalwert apparently for using poo bag

Cry me a river.

You were abusive and were trolling on this thread.

Anyways, glad to have you back
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 15, 2012
vedaxcool: According to this study by Barna, the top reasons why young people are leaving Christianity is because they see Christians as being too political, too homophobic, and too judgmental, not because of the New Atheists: http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/16-teensnext-gen/94-a-new-generation-expresses-its-skepticism-and-frustration-with-christianity

And in my case it was easier for me to come out as an atheist to my sister than it was for me to come out as gay. This wasn't because I thought my sister might hate me for it but for me talking about my sexuality with family members was more awkward than talking about my lack of faith. But my sister was accepting of both of them and she's a liberal Christian. I did have one bisexual friend of mine who's a conservative Christian Republican who thought I was going to hell for being an atheist and while we still disagree on this issue, we're still good friends and we can debate this issue in a calm rational manner now more than when I first came out. But the vast majority of my friends I've come out to as both gay and atheist have been ok with it. Though I'm still in the closet for both to my parents and my fundamentalist friends I grew up with.

You have a brain, I assume?

Imagine if I brought the confession of some terrorists and said that islam is positively related to terrorism? Isnt that the same thing you are doing? Would that even be allowed in the Islam section?

When they ban you, you would be complaining. You cant even make a logical defense for your point.

MMC allowed you the first time to prove your points logically even though you were failing and trolling. Now you are doing the same.

If you cant prove your abusive claims, it becomes slander. Repeating that slander after being proven wrong many times and calling atheists gays is not going to go down well with any reasonable person. Your Master, Maclatunji would give a pernmanent ban for less.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
^^^^
Why don't hate your atheist brethren for proving my point?

Does a day ever pass without the mention of mac name? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
vedaxcool: ^^^^
HWy don't hate your atheist brethren for proving my point?

Does a day ever pass without the mention of mac name? grin grin grin

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by wiegraf: 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ooh vedax, they let you back in? Hope you've been good?
Anyways, you fail to understand atheism is not a religion. Also for many of us, myself included, we are quite proud of our human rights record. And, get this, we don't think there's anything wrong with being gay. At all. So this... thread... Isn't exactly insulting... It's puerile nonsense, and your intent seems to be to slander in some form of the other. It makes you come across a bit like a barbarian, even if that was not your intent. Kudos
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2012
vedaxcool: According to this study by Barna, the top reasons why young people are leaving Christianity is because they see Christians as being too political, too homophobic, and too judgmental, not because of the New Atheists: http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/16-teensnext-gen/94-a-new-generation-expresses-its-skepticism-and-frustration-with-christianity

Guy, its like the ban rejuvunated you.

Welcome back.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

Imagine if I brought the confession of some terrorists and said that islam is positively related to terrorism? Isnt that the same thing you are doing? Would that even be allowed in the Islam section?

When they ban you, you would be complaining. You cant even make a logical defense for your point.

MMC allowed you the first time to prove your points logically even though you were failing and trolling. Now you are doing the same.

If you cant prove your abusive claims, it becomes slander. Repeating that slander after being proven wrong many times and calling atheists gays is not going to go down well with any reasonable person. Your Master, Maclatunji would give a pernmanent ban for less.

are you suggesting it to mod?

Why not just counter him or ignore him.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2012
truthislight:

Guy, its like the ban rejuvunated you.

Welcome back.

Thanks, I have decided to ignore those only interested in name calling, as their tactic is to report me to their moderator and get me banned, while if i equally report them they do not get anything.

The ship has sailed and the fraud of atheism will bear witness to its falsehood!

2 Likes

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Sagamite(m): 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
F00028:
is that you or blind prejudice talking? but if its based on verifiable evidence I sure would like to see you cite it.

as for paed.o.philia what I do know is its the christian Catholic church that has institutionalised it and in just the u.s, e.g, they record 3million case of child abuse involving nearly 6 million children over 300,000 of those cases involve se.xual abuse?
http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics

Muslims do not believe God created homosexuality.

funny that you think of being homosexual as an imperfection. but whatever, PEOPLE ARE NOT BORN HO.MOSEXUAL.

You are a person!

You are still chatting this shyt despite the education I gave you that paedophilia is legalised and institutionalised in many islamic countries/regions/societies and it is part of the culture?

You are a cretin!
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by F00028: 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

You are still chatting this shyt despite the education I gave you that paedophilia is legalised and institutionalised in many islamic countries/regions/societies and it is part of the culture?

You are a cretin!

are you stalking me now, sagamouse?

what are you?...gay? undecided
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by UyiIredia(m): 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
Not quite. Not all atheists support homosexuality. However,, I do think most of them support it

1 Like

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by manmustwac(m): 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Not quite. Not all atheists support homosexuality. However,, I do think most of them support it
Well I don't because it goes against the laws of nature. The key was designed to enter the ignition.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by onetrack(m): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Not quite. Not all atheists support homosexuality. However,, I do think most of them support it

How does one 'support' homosexuality? Applauding when someone tells you they just had homosexual sex?

I support equal rights under law for homosexuals. I don't 'support' homosexuality.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by onetrack(m): 10:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
manmustwac: Well I don't because it goes against the laws of nature. The key was designed to enter the ignition.

Nature is oftentimes very subtle in her methods. I cannot necessarily conclude that it goes against the laws of nature....there may be a natural explanation we just have not yet discovered.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Sagamite(m): 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
F00028:

are you stalking me now, sagamouse?

what are you?...gay? undecided

You are a cretin!

Why are you still using a moronic argument that I gave you a lecture on? Are you really that dumb that you cannot retain a lecture?
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Sagamite(m): 11:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
onetrack:

How does one 'support' homosexuality? Applauding when someone tells you they just had homosexual sex?

I support equal rights under law for homosexuals. I don't 'support' homosexuality.

If you term homosexuality as 'equal', then you support homosexuality.

Learn to understand the core of your ideology before taking a position. Don't be a Zombie that consumes and regurtitates arguments fed to you.

onetrack:

Nature is oftentimes very subtle in her methods. I cannot necessarily conclude that it goes against the laws of nature....there may be a natural explanation we just have not yet discovered.

While we are at it (discovering), it is reasonable to take the position of it being unnatural.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 16, 2012
truthislight:

are you suggesting it to mod?

Why not just counter him or ignore him.

Why are you foolish?

Didnt I counter him with the "terrorist argument"?

Logicboy03:

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 16, 2012
@ Sagamite and Manmustwacc.

It is very wrong to say that homosexuality is unnatural.

Everything that occurs in nature is natural in the first place.

There are animals that engage in homosexual behaviours.

You cant change into a gay just the same way a gay cant chnage into straight.

After making the above statement, I know that a foolish religionist would not have the brains to counter the argument but incorrectly assume or state that I am gay. That is the point of this whole thread.

Vexdafool is a fool.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by onetrack(m): 7:32am On Oct 16, 2012
Sagamite:

If you term homosexuality as 'equal', then you support homosexuality.

Learn to understand the core of your ideology before taking a position. Don't be a Zombie that consumes and regurtitates arguments fed to you.

That is the way you choose to define 'support'. I don't agree with that definition.

While we are at it (discovering), it is reasonable to take the position of it being unnatural.

And it is also reasonable to take the position that flying in airplanes is unnatural, since, in a natural setting, man does not fly.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by F00028: 8:51am On Oct 16, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

Why are you still using a moronic argument that I gave you a lecture on? Are you really that dumb that you cannot retain a lecture?

angry quit acting like a spurned b.i.tch niggre and lecture on this:

"We know now that in the last 50
years
somewhere between 1.5% and 5% of the Catholic clergy has been involved in
intimate abuse cases"
-Archbishop Silvano Maria Tomas speaking on behalf of the holysee, september

btw ain't you the same blaady foool that claims not to "give a shyt" about any religion?

time for you to come out the closet...God.d.amned imbecil'e
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Kay17: 9:17am On Oct 16, 2012
Religion is not natural, yet its a human right.

1 Like

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by F00028: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2012
Kay 17: Religion is not natural, yet its a human right.
why do you say that?
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Sagamite(m): 10:21am On Oct 16, 2012
onetrack:

And it is also reasonable to take the position that flying in airplanes is unnatural, since, in a natural setting, man does not fly.

You are a foooool!

Go and understand the meaning of natural before you start making stewpid statements.

How old are you?
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Sagamite(m): 10:26am On Oct 16, 2012
F00028:

angry quit acting like a spurned b.i.tch niggre and lecture on this:

"We know now that in the last 50
years
somewhere between 1.5% and 5% of the Catholic clergy has been involved in
intimate abuse cases"
-Archbishop Silvano Maria Tomas speaking on behalf of the holysee, september

btw ain't you the same blaady foool that claims not to "give a shyt" about any religion?

time for you to come out the closet...God.d.amned imbecil'e

You are a person!

You keep on commenting on a situation where something is condemned in the law and people can be arrested for it.

I can bet Islamic clerics are doing quadriple of this in different muslim societies and they are even being congratulated on the beautiful baby bride they just took.

https://www.nairaland.com/1056647/religion-against-humanity-wole-soyinka/16#12491045

Your cretinous arsse keeps on ranting the shyt you were moronically fed by your madrassa teachers to make you feel superior when you have a worse case of what you are condemning!

Cretin, Islam is WORSE for paedophilic cases than any other religion on Earth!
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Sagamite(m): 10:29am On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03: @ Sagamite and Manmustwacc.

It is very wrong to say that homosexuality is unnatural.

Everything that occurs in nature is natural in the first place.

There are animals that engage in homosexual behaviours.

You cant change into a gay just the same way a gay cant chnage into straight.

After making the above statement, I know that a foolish religionist would not have the brains to counter the argument but incorrectly assume or state that I am gay. That is the point of this whole thread.

Vexdafool is a fool.

Homosexual "behaviours" is not a justification of being homosexual.

I am yet to see any proof of homosexual animals.

People put up homosexual behaviours to foool you. Ask them to show you a homosexual animal, not an animal exhibiting homosexual behaviours.

Prisoners exhibiting homosexual behaviours in jail is not proof that homosexuality is natural to them.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Sagamite(m): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2012
Kay 17: Religion is not natural, yet its a human right.

What makes you think religion is not natural?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny / We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Morality Demands A Moral Law Giver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.