Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,904 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? (18662 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Begining Of The End Of Bola Tinubu / Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Demdem(m): 8:02am On Oct 16, 2012
saxywale:

haba, oga demdem...Ogunlewe was also arrested for Williams murder.
if we were to go by your logic, then we can as well say Amosun was involved in dipo Dina's death as well.

Sir, Williams wasnt in AD when he was brutally murdered. he was in the killer party (PDP). Infact he was hoping to be nominated as the PDP Gubernatorial candidate for Lagos State. After his death, it was so easy for obanikoro to win. By the time he died in 2006, Tinubu was almost through with his 8yrs tenure as Lagos Governor (since 1999), so why will he want him killed? besides those that have been arrested and released so far for his death are all members of his killer party, this includes his campaign manager and ogunlewe.

lagos politics is quite different from Ogun besides peeps were charged to court for the death of Dina. Check the below.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/dipo-dinas-alleged-killer-arraigned-remanded-in-prison/

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by odoguigbo: 8:06am On Oct 16, 2012
@op Because Bola Tinu is a tout and noise maker. An area boy!
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by seunfly: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2012
That is the problem of Nigeria, pull him down syndrom, envy, and jealousy.

Note that they did not hate him this much until ACN begin to pull some string against PDP. Peaple that hate him also did not like pdp but they wish it's thier own making headway like that.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Gbawe: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2012
6 pages? It is interesting to note the level of interest in everything to do with Tinubu on this forum. While Nigeria burns, the only topic folks want to discuss is Tinubu. With armed robbers pounding his door down the Nairalander is still typing away furiously about Tinubu while foaming at the mouth. Simply incredible the level of interest in this man for a nation with a million pressing issues and even a larger number of politicians.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Dagr8tosyn: 8:47am On Oct 16, 2012
It is needless to compare and contrast between a Leader with style and demagogues at the corridor of power...Tinubu is a Leader forget the fact that he dines and wines with the government money, my questions are these...

1)How many governor has been able to produce atleast four governors after his regime?
2)Do you think yorubas of all tribes and ethics are fools to accept to follow ACN at the expense of criminals ruling in PDP?
3)Can you mention any ACN ruling state that is not performing and living up to the modern days challenges?
4)How many of you friends on NL will be a governor and not dine and wine too?
5)If Tinubu selected rather than allow people to elect Fashola in primary and he is the best ever seen governor in Nigeria, won't you perfer a Leader like Tinubu to select for your state rather than voting for thieves like Alao Akala, OGD,Alameasia, Ibori who packed a state money to buy himself heaven on earth etc.?
6) Do you realise we are yorubas and we believe in optimal performing government than promising government, so if you are from South/south,S/E, etc please leave Tinubu and address the issue of Governance in your region or state?

I love Tinubu for only one thing, he is a political Leader that commands respect from any opponent at any given time in the world, due to his understanding of a true Democratic system and struggle for Justice,fairness and development that will touch the live of ordinary people Obama recognised him and invited him to Democratic convention in the united state. Quote me anywhere Tinubu has fought a good fight for the Yoruba race and won in this generation than any political leader...what have you or any of your leaders done? To the front page please!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Gbawe: 9:26am On Oct 16, 2012
@OP
I am well aware of your mischief but I will indulge you because, as El Rufai stated recently and as is commonly accepted, "a lies may begin to sound like th truth if repeated a million times".

The "hatred" of Tinubu is not from the SW or even the North. It is sectional and not general. That is the bottom line.

Even the most upright men in the SW , like Wole Soyinka, will never tell you they "hate" Tinubu. They may dislike Tinubu and his methods but even the most intellectual folks in the region, perhaps grudgingly, appreciate how Tinubu ensured Alao-Akala is replaced with Ajimobi. Ditto with Fayemi replacing Oni and Aregbesola replacing Oyinlola and Amosun deposing Gbenga Daniel. This is what we have always asked for because the SW is a region that wants the best in charge. We know mistakes will be made but progress will come when men of talent, who have delivered consistently throughout their working lives, get the chance to lead. Simple concept

The brightest in Yoruba land understand that there is no better template for development than ensuring the best and most talented leaders gain control of influential office. Tinubu is ensuring that this happens , as we can all see, while OBJ and others did the opposite in the past to leave the SW a region where uncompromising criminals, because they were in power, cowered, ostracised and excluded talented and brilliant Yoruba folks.

How is Soyinka to hate Tinubu when an ACN Governor (Aregbesola) picked Soyinka to head an education summit convened to brainstorm the way forward for Osun education? Where the Soyinkas of the world were excluded in the past, they are all now being carried along in the project the SW has embarked on centred around using the brightest and most talented to move the region forward. This has been absent for a long time and this is one of the main reason it is those outside the region who hate Tinubu passionately. They perceive him to be the conductor of this symphony of united purpose they are afraid may actually come to fruition because, unlike in the past under the PDP, the best are in charge now.

There will always be PDP Yorubas who will hate Tinubu for taking away their cake but, by and large, the most vociferous haters of Tinubu on Nairaland are those from outside the SW. Your attempt to then project their warped hatred, driven by ethnic bias and intolerance, as conclusive evidence that "people" hate Tinubu is pathetic. "People" hate Tinubu indeed. It is you and yours who hate the man and are obsessed with him. You should look inside you to see why you "hate" others blindly if you are at all interested in introspection that may make you a better person. The politicians who are currently in office and failing you directly deserve your hatred and attention far more than Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by demmie1: 10:01am On Oct 16, 2012
Gbawe: @OP
I am well aware of your mischief but I will indulge you because, as El Rufai stated recently and as is commonly accepted, "a lies may begin to sound like th truth if repeated a million times".

The "hatred" of Tinubu is not from the SW or even the North. It is sectional and not general. That is the bottom line.

Even the most upright men in the SW , like Wole Soyinka, will never tell you they "hate" Tinubu. They may dislike Tinubu and his methods but even the most intellectual folks in the region, perhaps grudgingly, appreciate how Tinubu ensured Alao-Akala is replaced with Ajimobi. Ditto with Fayemi replacing Oni and Aregbesola replacing Oyinlola and Amosun deposing Gbenga Daniel. This is what we have always asked for because the SW is a region that wants the best in charge. We know mistakes will be made but progress will come when men of others, who have delivered consistently throughout their working lives, get the chance to lead. Simple concept
By the power i claim for myself, I therefore anoint Gbawe as president Association of Yoruba NLers...or Aare gbogbo Yoruba NLers. If you second say Yeeeeee!

The brightest in Yoruba land understand that there is no better template for development than ensuring the best and most talented leaders gain control of influential office. Tinubu is ensuring that this happens , as we can all see, while OBJ and others did the opposite in the past to leave the SW a region where uncompromising criminals, because they were in power, cowered, ostracised and excluded talented and brilliant Yoruba folks.

How is Soyinka to hate Tinubu when an ACN Governor (Aregbesola) picked Soyinka to head an education summit convened to brainstorm the way forward for Osun education? Where the Soyinkas of the world were excluded in the past, they are all now being carried along in the project the SW has embarked on centred around using the brightest and most talented to move the region forward. This has been absent for a long time and this is one of the main reason it is those outside the region who hate Tinubu passionately. They perceive him to be the conductor of this symphony of united purpose they are afraid may actually come to fruition because, unlike in the past under the PDP, the best are in charge now.

There will always be PDP Yorubas who will hate Tinubu for taking away their cake but, by and large, the most vociferous haters of Tinubu on Nairaland are those from outside the SW. Your attempt to then project their warped hatred, driven by ethnic bias and intolerance, as conclusive evidence that "people" hate Tinubu is pathetic. "People" hate Tinubu indeed. It is you and yours who hate the man and are obsessed with him. You should look inside you to see why you "hate" others blindly if you are at all interested in introspection that may make you a better person. The politicians who are currently in office and failing you directly deserve your hatred and attention far more than Tinubu.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by demmie1: 10:04am On Oct 16, 2012
Gbawe: @OP

Even the most upright men in the SW , like Wole Soyinka, will never tell you they "hate" Tinubu. They may dislike Tinubu and his methods but even the most intellectual folks in the region, perhaps grudgingly, appreciate how Tinubu ensured Alao-Akala is replaced with Ajimobi. Ditto with Fayemi replacing Oni and Aregbesola replacing Oyinlola and Amosun deposing Gbenga Daniel. This is what we have always asked for because the SW is a region that wants the best in charge. We know mistakes will be made but progress will come when men of others, who have delivered consistently throughout their working lives, get the chance to lead. Simple concept
By the power i claim for myself, I therefore anoint Gbawe as president Association of Yoruba NLers...or Aare gbogbo Yoruba NLers. If you second say Yeeeeee!

By the power i claim/seized I herefore anoint Gbawe...Aare Gbogbo Yoruba Nairaland. If you second say Yeeeeee!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by jigawatts(m): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2012
Prof Corruption: I see people who write these worthless craps about Tinubu as being intellectually lazy and are suffering terribly from the cancer of logic.
Tinubu is not in government. Tinubu can not be voted out of any position. Tinubu is not responsible for the conduct of any governor. Tinubu is a free citizen like you and me. Tinubu does not have any immunity, he can be arrested if run foul of law.

If you have any dossier on Tinubu, what are you supposed to do? Organize a group of twenty boys, get a cameran man and hold a peaceful rally at the office of EFCC. If your dossier contains anything meaningful, Tinubu ll be arrested. Crying, sobbing and lamenting on Nairaland does not get the job done.

GBAM .... GBAM .... GBAM ..... GBAM lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by antontech(m): 10:25am On Oct 16, 2012
Its simple...he is a businessman,he helps you to win elections and you pay him back.but his partner always complain when it comes to paying back which make the mass see him as an obstacle to the progress of their state
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by demmie1: 10:28am On Oct 16, 2012
utumunta: Tinubu is a 15th century politician dat feast on d poverty n ignorance of d populace. An opposition leader dat pays judges n has d appeal court president in hs pocket? (wat do u tnk akeredolu is doin in ondo? Tinubu knws he z nt goin 2 win buh salami's boy must be lukd afta) He is worse dan d PDP dat he wants 2 succeed cos ACN is a one man show.

Tell me which of your leaders have not been feasting on your flesh? you are the best example of a man with log of wood in his eyes trying to remove sawdust in another's face, the south west had voted in the AD once and voted them out for lack of performance leaving only tinubu in Lagos,the pdp that came after destroyed everything in the southwest before the same Tinubu rescued the SW with his insights from further destruction, planting his 'boys' who are doing well in their various states, even oshiomole was in the Labour party before Tinubu paved way for him to become the governor on ACN's platform, knowing that he can perform. Tinubu may be a thief in power, point out which elected officer is not? But Tinubu is a man of insight with a passion for developing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by jigawatts(m): 10:29am On Oct 16, 2012
The funny thing is that, over the years, people have made so much noise over Tinubu and he keeps getting stronger, I've witnessed a local government complaining about Tinubu's imposition of candidates, BUT when Tinubu arrived at the local government, it was a totally different thing, pple started singing praises and dancing.
I am a great admirer of Tinubu, I might not like his way 100% but he is a great man, he sends shivers down d spines of PDP Topguns.
IF he imposes candidates, they are all the same thing, you cant fight for politicians, they eat here and there.

Nobody is perfect.
God bless BOLA AHMED TINUBU and make him become a BETTER MAN.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by demmie1: 10:32am On Oct 16, 2012
Cultured:

What point were you trying to make ?
His point is that you shut up and face your business!
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 16, 2012
Aderostock: Tinubu is my mentor! He is an excellent leader, without him there would be governors like Fayemi, Fasola, Aregbesola, Ajimobi and Oshiomole. Infact, he is greatest opposition leader ever had. Majority of non-yoruba hate him. We love him so much
If Tinubu is your mentor, I can vividly imagine what kind of a person you are.. People like you and him should be kept out of office at all cost.. Your mentor is a threat to the wholeness of my race (yorubas) and a threat to the unity of our country... He is a monopolist, a cruel capitalist who intends to and have been constantly trying to rubbish the legacy of a true leader (the sage) of whom he was a beneficiary.. He thinks he can use his dubious ways, corrupt mind to steal the leadership of the Yoruba race from the true and honest leaders..
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by demmie1: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2012
Billyonaire: So you agree with me today. Shows there is hope in my quest to enlighten Nairalanders.
YOU ARE NOT ENLIGHTENED!
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Cultured(m): 11:05am On Oct 16, 2012
demmie1:
His point is that you shut up and face your business!

Sorry, I don't join issues with dimwits like you . If you were intellectually sound, what you ought to have done before insulting me ,would have been to read through my prequel and subsequent comments in this subject matter, to know the reason why I asked the guy that question, which am glad he answered lucidly .
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by muyenmuyen: 11:18am On Oct 16, 2012
People don"t appreciate good leaders in this country, can forgetu pls conpare ACN and PDP states and tell people the differences.forget about curruption 4 now ,but judge the reality on ground.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by demmie1: 11:19am On Oct 16, 2012
azeezhy:
If Tinubu is your mentor, I can vividly imagine what kind of a person you are.. People like you and him should be kept out of office at all cost.. Your mentor is a threat to the wholeness of my race (yorubas) and a threat to the unity of our country... He is a monopolist, a cruel capitalist who intends to and have been constantly trying to rubbish the legacy of a true leader (the sage) of whom he was a beneficiary.. He thinks he can use his dubious ways, corrupt mind to steal the leadership of the Yoruba race from the true and honest leaders..
so you rather have a leaderless Yorubaland than risk having a monopolist? Tinubu is more of an awoist than you are, and when has he ever tried to rubbish the legacy of the sage? should HOD be king maker over us cos' she's Awo's wife? I say we should chose our leader by ourselves and I say Tinubu cos' he has shown strength, vision
and had delivered in face of overwhelming odds and opposition.
Can you point out the true and honest leaders you have seen? before you grow sentimental, try seeing through the facts. Were you not alive when Tinubu cried against Afenifere's adoption of Obasanjo for 2nd term? AD lost their states and we are still feeling the pains till today.

...Wow! I can't believe I just defended Tinubu.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by muyenmuyen: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2012
People don"t appreciate good leaders in this country, can u pls conpare ACN and PDP states and tell people the differences.forget about curruption 4 now ,but judge the reality on ground.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by jaso1(m): 11:35am On Oct 16, 2012
I found out that majority of people criticizing Tinubu here are in their wasteful period and to be deliver by magic.
Tinubu never work in capacity of president in this country, he’s never a part of dilapidated that had engulf the whole sectors in the country so what’s this bullshit all about? We are all living witness to his tremendous contribution in the South west which he’s trying to replicates all over the country so why are people so adamants and shunning off development? I don’t think some of us are now without senses at all! Open your eyes and embrace change, let people with quality be your mentor.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by demmie1: 11:40am On Oct 16, 2012
Billyonaire: I rather think you did not understand the question that the poster asked. The online hatred of Tinubu is a reflection of street hatred of his person and I am simply offering those facts to buffer the reasons. I think Tinubu can not walk on the street without security, cos he is hated terribly. He needs to do something about his image so he wont be ALUUed by those he impoverished with his draconian rape of people's purses via his surrogates and fronts.
Tinubu's house is on the busy bourdillon road, and he receives visitors openly, his government created lastma, lawma and converted agberos to tax paying business, creating different means of poverty alleviation which helped Fashola's government to reduce armed robbery cases by 80% which is openly felt (compare lagos today to 10yrs ago). so if you want to ALUU him you know where he lives you don't need to wait on the road for a chance to.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by demmie1: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2012
jidestar: Since wen have success been apreciated by Nigerians. Tinubu single handedly cleared the path for Fashola to be able to make the transformation dat Lagos is now globally recognised for. Every other day, American super stars visit. Why don't dey go visit onitsha or any of the god forsaken places? Tinubu is a success. Hate all u want, na u go get heart attack.
I refused to vote for fashola because he was hand picked by tinubu, now their team is the best performing by a large margin in years.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Alary: 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
docokwy:

Of course he was freed after paying the fine in the US; in Naija still has case with the EFCC. He is the king of touts in SW but still hated by Awo's wife and many decent Yorubas
Decent who ? You mean Akala ,Daniel ,Oyinlola ,Oni , Fayose or who?
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Alary: 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
free2ryhme: he is a thief! what else
He steal your mother from your papa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by babaireti(m): 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
The Opposition are at it again! Operation 250 road project,Independent power generation,BRT Buses,Beautification of Lagos to mention just a few,if you hate him then you are in the minority,the envious shall continue to envy no matter what you do to appease him.
as for me and other progressives,Tinubu is a performer of world repute and if you are in doubt ,go and confirm from the Democrats in the US during their recent convention.
Up JAGA_BAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by babaireti(m): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
The Opposition are at it again! Operation 250 road project,Independent power generation,BRT Buses,Beautification of Lagos to mention just a few,if you hate him then you are in the minority,the envious shall continue to envy no matter what you do to appease him.
as for me and other progressives,Tinubu is a performer of world repute and if you are in doubt ,go and confirm from the Democrats in the US during their recent convention.
Up JAGA_BAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by temitemi1(m): 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
Whether we like it or nt chief bola hammed tinubu is a great man u can say all u like bt d fact is dat d man is a legend
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by xtayle(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
I just love this Man called Tinubu. Just one man in the middle of so great a storm yet unruffled. I wish hes not so busy to mentor me. For so many people to like and at the same time hate him. he must be a true democrat and a great man. I so submit.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Pukkah: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2012
berem: of course he is the one! That's the truth! He also didn't fail to honour Funsho williams by renaming Western Avenue after him.what a crooked tadpole!

What kind of reasoning is this? Your short post is full of fallacies and baseless statements. You made a declarative statement that someone is a murderer? Has he been convicted? embarassed What are your reasons? On which facts did you rely before confidently declaring that your position is the truth? What investigation did you carry out?

You should be careful before making weighty statements like that. The toga of anonymity which this forum provides could also be removed and you may find a libel case slapped on your wrist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by royroberts: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
Profidada: My problem with him is his constant attack to the pdp while claiming to be a saint. I get mad when a politician is trying to deceive nigerians. Tinubu is not different from other corrupt politicians in the country. The last presidential election was a typical example. After attacking the pdp they made a u turn, dump their candidate and voted for the party they crucified. Thanks to the kaduna state chairman that blew the whistle, most nigerians knew that money exchange hands between tinubu and gej.

You make some sort of sense
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Ribaman(m): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
At least, the parts of Nigeria under ACN leadership are doing a lot better than those under PDP's.
Each one must rise and take the opportunity history (fate, destiny or God) offers to them. Tinubu is a child of his time and day, think of what the Southwest would have been without him!
Is he a saint, hell no! But are his leadership skills and role God-sent? Yes, you bet!
I will vote an ACN candidate anytime, over any PDP one!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by benzion72(m): 4:18am On Oct 17, 2012
People don't like there benefactor until they died. The Jew hate Jesus Christ there benefactor, he was healing the sick, raising the dead, feeding multitude yet they crucify him. People don't like Awo despite his free education policy and massive development of south west with so many first innovation like NTA, Stadium, OAU, Cocoa House etc. They jailed him and finally killed him. Yet they said he is the best president Nigeria never had.
I am not a politician and I am not feeding from their stable. But I was in lagos during Tinubu 8 Years rule. I know how he tarred all road on lagos Island giving the contract to Julius Berger all Idumota, Marina inner and outer marina, martins and balogun were tarred with very good drainage and street light. The millenium schools were created. Alpha Beta ABC company was handling Lagos Internal re venue and the IGR jump up astronomically.
I was in Abeokuat recently after 10 year a state under PDP control I was weeping for the town. Asero to Adatan road is as worst as ever and The new government is just expanding the road. You can condemn and vifilfy Tinubu but you cannot rubbish is achievement. It is only PDP who can't win a ward in South West that hate him and so many unschooled and unlearned in other tribe that hate him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Never Grow With Weak INEC – Jonathan Tells PDP Leaders (Video) / Nigerian Army Reacts To ICC Accusation Of War Crimes / Adeleke Wins At ‘pakurumo Supreme Court,’ APC Mocks PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.