Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? (18668 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Begining Of The End Of Bola Tinubu / Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by EmmyDe25(m): 8:49am On Oct 17, 2012
Mobinga:

I have to laugh. What did he achieve?

What stage are you talking about?

What positive stuff Fashola has done is solely credited to Fashola's regime and not to Tinubu's.
Nd who scouted 4d Fashola or he was jos sent frm heaven?
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by EmmyDe25(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2012
dahdah: Do u mean Bola Tinubu ?
Yes. Now go and kill ursf.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by EmmyDe25(m): 9:07am On Oct 17, 2012
redsun: Only corrupt minds love corrupt people.Tinubu is corrupt,like every other nigerian politician,but he is a big fish,with loads of magas as followers.Magas that have been schooled to think that there are small and big crimes.The small crimes like picpockets are for small people that can to to jail or even be killed,but the big crimes are for politicians that cant neither be touched nor jailed.Cool crimes.

That is why rational people hate him.
Confusd scholar. Wat are u sayn sef?
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by GNBohr: 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2012
I have been reading with interest the various pro and anti – Tinubu sentiments displayed particularly on Nairaland and I have come to realise that more than 75% of the people contributing either ways knows next to nothing about the man.

In order to fully analyse the person of Tinubu, there is need to be both objective and subjective and not speak from emotions or from the

Tinubu has been called a bastard, a thief, a godfather and a tout. These are the main labels used in incriminating him. Tinubu has also been called a patriot, a leader, a businessman, a politician, a professional and an administrator. These labels have also been used to attack him. So in effect, Tinubu is not a good person. Then who is a good person?

The story of his birth is well known and I believe if true according to Pastor Bakare, the real losers are his parents who people like Pastor Bakare claimed abandoned him. I ask, since when does being abandoned children become being bastards. Where in our constitution does a citizen becomes qualified as a bastard. If we follow the thinking of some people, then both Jesus and Mohammed were bastards. Are you even sure you are the child of those you know and called your parents, including Pastor Bakare himself. Have you done a DNA test to confirm?

So Tinubu is a thief, then I asks who is not a thief. Jesus asked the same question. If Tinubu is a thief, I think he is a good thief. How many rich Nigerians can come clean with their wealth? The politicians, the corporate organisations’ executives, the religious clerics, the businessmen and women, the administrators, the traders, the transporters, the militants, the social crusaders/activists, the entertainers, name them. We have all used our position one way or the other to exploit the other person. We are all products of our environment. We have all seen what previous bank executives did with depositors’ fund. We have seen what pastors did with tithe.

So Tinubu is a godfather. Tell me which politician is not a godfather? Even in religious setting there is godfatherism, not to talk of business, international affairs, and family. We all know where we all play our godfatherism.

So Tinubu is a tout. So who is not a tout and when does being a tout become illegal in the general sense. Touts are businessmen and we all engage in touting one way and another to move our businesses forward.

Tinubu is simply playing the politics of our day, the same way the Sardauna, Awolowo, Azikwe and co played the politics of their days. If Tinubu is a present day politician and is not ready to be all those names you call him, I wonder where he would be today.

Yoruba people use to say, to catch a monkey, you have to be like a monkey. It is a truism that has well been adopted in fighting crimes, bringing down enemies, subterfuging nations, sabotaging corporations. You can not successfully fight your enemy without behaving like your enemy to fully understand your enemy.

Do you think you can compete in Nigerian politics without being involved in all those things that you people accuse Tinubu of doing? Gani Fawehinmi did it he failed Falana did it in Ekiti, he also failed, though he is lawyer to most of these politicians. Ask yourself why they failed. We, the people don’t want their type in politics.

How do you think he fought as an opposition, do you expect him to be a saint. Who is your alternative to Tinubu? Tinubu is an intelligent guy, a good rogue who employed smart thinking to raise fund for his party without outrightly stealing from the treasury because you and me will never contribute to the funding of political parties.

Tinubu understand his people, he knows what they want and he is providing them the platform required. All other talk is immaterial. His so called stealing is benefiting his Yoruba people. His people want a regional party because of the failure of the party at the centre and he is doing that to the amazement and chagrin of those who are not in his camp.

He has been accused of stealing Lagos State money to create an empire (political and economic) Yes, he is so successful at doing that unlike others who stole and ran away, creating no empire or legacy. Some ran into prison and many others ran into oblivion. He stole, stayed back, invested his theft, created jobs, install governments, encouraged development, attracted foreign construction giants, even if he end up owning part of them.

@ Billyonaire:
Who Owns Hitech ? Tinubu
Who Owns AlphaBeta ? Tinubu
Who Owns Oriental Hotel ? Tinubu
Who owns LCC ? Tinubu
Who owns Nations News Paper ? Tinubu
Who owns Nations Airline ? Tinubu
Who controls all LGAs in Lagos ? Tinubu
Who controls Lagos state House of Assembly ? Tinubu
Who is Fashola's Godfather ? Tinubu
Who 'owns' ACN ? Tinubu

It is even good that he used his ill begotten wealth, (according to you) for all the above. Tell me what other politicians who stole like him did with theirs. Let others do like Tinubu and see if Nigeria will not be a better place. The stealing Tinubu did in Lagos, is fast changing the face of Lagos and improving its economy.

So condemn or praise him as much as you want, it changes nothing. Those who lost to him, will cry and spread hateful thread about him and those who need him knows how to reach out to him. This is Nigeria, there are no saints here. Even you are no saints.

Before you condemn Tinubu, what has been your contribution, your achievement, your legacy and your principle?

TINUBU IS A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN PLAYING NIGERIAN PLOITICAL GAME AND HE IS MOVING MOUNTAINS. REMEMBER ALL POLITICIANS ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND OR INTERESTED IN YOUR INTEREST. THEY DO WHAT INTEREST THEM AND WHAT FURTHERS THEIR OWN INTEREST. IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT DIVIDE YOU BELONG.

I DON’T LIKE TINUBU AND I DON’T HATE HIM BUT HE IS OF GREAT INTEREST TO ME. HE IS A SUCCESSFUL NIGERIAN POLITICIAN TO BOOT.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by faluchi: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
sheyee: We need Tinubu to come take over delta state.
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu carry go
that can never happen in jesus name.AMEN...YOU WANT DEM TO TURN OUR STATE TO LASMA STATE.
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Wadeoye(m): 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
GNBohr: I have been reading with interest the various pro and anti – Tinubu sentiments displayed particularly on Nairaland and I have come to realise that more than 75% of the people contributing either ways knows next to nothing about the man.

In order to fully analyse the person of Tinubu, there is need to be both objective and subjective and not speak from emotions or from the

Tinubu has been called a bastard, a thief, a godfather and a tout. These are the main labels used in incriminating him. Tinubu has also been called a patriot, a leader, a businessman, a politician, a professional and an administrator. These labels have also been used to attack him. So in effect, Tinubu is not a good person. Then who is a good person?

The story of his birth is well known and I believe if true according to Pastor Bakare, the real losers are his parents who people like Pastor Bakare claimed abandoned him. I ask, since when does being abandoned children become being bastards. Where in our constitution does a citizen becomes qualified as a bastard. If we follow the thinking of some people, then both Jesus and Mohammed were bastards. Are you even sure you are the child of those you know and called your parents, including Pastor Bakare himself. Have you done a DNA test to confirm?

So Tinubu is a thief, then I asks who is not a thief. Jesus asked the same question. If Tinubu is a thief, I think he is a good thief. How many rich Nigerians can come clean with their wealth? The politicians, the corporate organisations’ executives, the religious clerics, the businessmen and women, the administrators, the traders, the transporters, the militants, the social crusaders/activists, the entertainers, name them. We have all used our position one way or the other to exploit the other person. We are all products of our environment. We have all seen what previous bank executives did with depositors’ fund. We have seen what pastors did with tithe.

So Tinubu is a godfather. Tell me which politician is not a godfather? Even in religious setting there is godfatherism, not to talk of business, international affairs, and family. We all know where we all play our godfatherism.

So Tinubu is a tout. So who is not a tout and when does being a tout become illegal in the general sense. Touts are businessmen and we all engage in touting one way and another to move our businesses forward.

Tinubu is simply playing the politics of our day, the same way the Sardauna, Awolowo, Azikwe and co played the politics of their days. If Tinubu is a present day politician and is not ready to be all those names you call him, I wonder where he would be today.

Yoruba people use to say, to catch a monkey, you have to be like a monkey. It is a truism that has well been adopted in fighting crimes, bringing down enemies, subterfuging nations, sabotaging corporations. You can not successfully fight your enemy without behaving like your enemy to fully understand your enemy.

Do you think you can compete in Nigerian politics without being involved in all those things that you people accuse Tinubu of doing? Gani Fawehinmi did it he failed Falana did it in Ekiti, he also failed, though he is lawyer to most of these politicians. Ask yourself why they failed. We, the people don’t want their type in politics.

How do you think he fought as an opposition, do you expect him to be a saint. Who is your alternative to Tinubu? Tinubu is an intelligent guy, a good rogue who employed smart thinking to raise fund for his party without outrightly stealing from the treasury because you and me will never contribute to the funding of political parties.

Tinubu understand his people, he knows what they want and he is providing them the platform required. All other talk is immaterial. His so called stealing is benefiting his Yoruba people. His people want a regional party because of the failure of the party at the centre and he is doing that to the amazement and chagrin of those who are not in his camp.

He has been accused of stealing Lagos State money to create an empire (political and economic) Yes, he is so successful at doing that unlike others who stole and ran away, creating no empire or legacy. Some ran into prison and many others ran into oblivion. He stole, stayed back, invested his theft, created jobs, install governments, encouraged development, attracted foreign construction giants, even if he end up owning part of them.

@ Billyonaire:
Who Owns Hitech ? Tinubu
Who Owns AlphaBeta ? Tinubu
Who Owns Oriental Hotel ? Tinubu
Who owns LCC ? Tinubu
Who owns Nations News Paper ? Tinubu
Who owns Nations Airline ? Tinubu
Who controls all LGAs in Lagos ? Tinubu
Who controls Lagos state House of Assembly ? Tinubu
Who is Fashola's Godfather ? Tinubu
Who 'owns' ACN ? Tinubu

It is even good that he used his ill begotten wealth, (according to you) for all the above. Tell me what other politicians who stole like him did with theirs. Let others do like Tinubu and see if Nigeria will not be a better place. The stealing Tinubu did in Lagos, is fast changing the face of Lagos and improving its economy.

So condemn or praise him as much as you want, it changes nothing. Those who lost to him, will cry and spread hateful thread about him and those who need him knows how to reach out to him. This is Nigeria, there are no saints here. Even you are no saints.

Before you condemn Tinubu, what has been your contribution, your achievement, your legacy and your principle?

TINUBU IS A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN PLAYING NIGERIAN PLOITICAL GAME AND HE IS MOVING MOUNTAINS. REMEMBER ALL POLITICIANS ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND OR INTERESTED IN YOUR INTEREST. THEY DO WHAT INTEREST THEM AND WHAT FURTHERS THEIR OWN INTEREST. IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT DIVIDE YOU BELONG.

I DON’T LIKE TINUBU AND I DON’T HATE HIM BUT HE IS OF GREAT INTEREST TO ME. HE IS A SUCCESSFUL NIGERIAN POLITICIAN TO BOOT.

You have only created more problems for Tinubu with this your post. A thief is a thief whether he gives people from the loot or not. You don't steal money to better the lot of your people -this is not done. Stealing comes from personal greed and quest for worldly things. Good leaders are not known to be greedy or chase worldly things. They are not loved because of their money but rather their leadership qualities and selflessness. How many companies does Mandela have? How many did Gandi have?
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by faluchi: 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
afrikanns: anybody speaking ill of Tinubu is a fool nd wudnt be suprised becos all dis ibo guys are d one involved most . we were they durin military days wen he was at d forefront. we south westsern realy loves and appreciate his effort. ooh ooh
MY FRIEND STOP TRIBALISM WE THE PEOPLE FROM SOUTH EAST IN LAGOS VOTED FOR TINUBU.BUT FOR NOW IS A CHANGE PERSON.SO WE NEED TO TALK HIM OUT,BEFORE THINGS GET OUT OF CONTROL...
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by faluchi: 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
Da gr8tosyn: It is needless to compare and contrast between a Leader with style and demagogues at the corridor of power...Tinubu is a Leader forget the fact that he dines and wines with the government money, my questions are these...

1)How many governor has been able to produce atleast four governors after his regime?
2)Do you think yorubas of all tribes and ethics are fools to accept to follow ACN at the expense of criminals ruling in PDP?
3)Can you mention any ACN ruling state that is not performing and living up to the modern days challenges?
4)How many of you friends on NL will be a governor and not dine and wine too?
5)If Tinubu selected rather than allow people to elect Fashola in primary and he is the best ever seen governor in Nigeria, won't you perfer a Leader like Tinubu to select for your state rather than voting for thieves like Alao Akala, OGD,Alameasia, Ibori who packed a state money to buy himself heaven on earth etc.?
6) Do you realise we are yorubas and we believe in optimal performing government than promising government, so if you are from South/south,S/E, etc please leave Tinubu and address the issue of Governance in your region or state?

I love Tinubu for only one thing, he is a political Leader that commands respect from any opponent at any given time in the world, due to his understanding of a true Democratic system and struggle for Justice,fairness and development that will touch the live of ordinary people Obama recognised him and invited him to Democratic convention in the united state. Quote me anywhere Tinubu has fought a good fight for the Yoruba race and won in this generation than any political leader...what have you or any of your leaders done? To the front page please!
I CAN SEE HOW STUPID YOU ARE TOAD...YOU ARE FROM SUDAN....
Re: Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? by Gbawe: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
demmie1:
Tinubu's house is on the busy bourdillon road, and he receives visitors openly, his government created lastma, lawma and converted agberos to tax paying business, creating different means of poverty alleviation which helped Fashola's government to reduce armed robbery cases by 80% which is openly felt (compare lagos today to 10yrs ago). so if you want to ALUU him you know where he lives you don't need to wait on the road for a chance to.

My guy, this is the patent hypocrisy and blind disposition to hatred some forumers have no qualms displaying daily on NL. Why is it that characters like Billionaires are never the most vociferous in asking for their own direct leaders, impacting far more on their local existence, to be 'Aluud' for misruling and decimating their States and region?

Yet they focus hypocritically on the leaders of others , suggesting they should be 'aluud', every single day on NL while deliberately failing to talk of their own leader or, in some cases, even making excuses for their misrule!!!! Peter Obi, for essentially doing nothing, is defended blindly and irrationally here while Fashola is called "flower planter" by these Nairalanders indoctrinated and steeped in the blind hatred of others and partisan/hypocritical defence of their "own".

Tinubu is merely a Party boss with no Government role. Tell me how, in the reality of Nigeria, he deserves more hatred, more mention and attention than, for example, a sitting and misruling Governor ,like Theodore Orji, from the likes of Billionaire and others who hail from Orji's region.

It is not difficult to see what this so-called hatred of Tinubu consist of when it is people like Billionaire who are most vociferous in hunting Tinubu while never saying peep about the many woeful elected administrators currently messing up and looting their States and backyards. Silly hypocrites.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

42 Dead, 100 Missing As Boat Capsized In River Niger / APC Extends Oyegun's Tenure By One Year / My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.