Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? (12308 Views)

How Often Should Couples Have S£x? / Should Couples Have Individual Or Joint Bank Accounts? / Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Foxybone(m): 10:01am On Oct 19, 2012
Anti-Gbagaun:
angry

Come o... Wetin be your own self.... Na which bullet I shoot now.. Better tell me na angry angry angry
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by zebo(f): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2012
It is WRONG....
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 19, 2012
Thou shalt not commit adultery(fornication b4 marriage). Amen
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by joanana(f): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2012
okpara ugo: Thou shalt not commit adultery(fornication b4 marriage). Amen

GBAM!!!!!But its not easy, it takes the Grace of God n Patience. Temptation is in every nook n cranny.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by collinsn007(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2012
lola.luv:
No, it's not right.

Cohabiting also does not increase the likelihood of marriage.

I don't support such, and I will not be a party to such.

Any girl that allows herself to be 'test-driven' by different riders, all in the name of 'I am studying you' is on her own. Little by little, she is getting more mileage....
d fear of been used wld continue 2 be ur problem if u dnt get it out nw it cld mak u nt see a nice person cos u r afraid of been used well am nt sayin dat sex b4 marriage is gud bt in d oda way is nt bad provided u guys hv decided 2 get married cos supposin he is impotent or does nt hv sex education or he is nt sexually active or he is handicapd domestically n u r married wat r u goin 2 do dear think bout it
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by asudan: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2012
Julieccentric:

Be deceiving yourself,you can never know a person too well.The word is NEVER!I know a couple that was cohabiting for nine years before they got married .Within a year into their marriage,they got separated and I begin to wonder what they didn't get to know about each other before they got married.
you right
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by joe4christ(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2012
For me, i hate it with passion, cos it makes me lose value on such a relationship,
tell me why i should cherish and even aspire to marry such a lady when she eventually gives me all i ever wanted in a wife
I can as well just relax and keep recieving without placing value on it.
My life is a life of values and priorities, cant live such deminishing life!
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2012
To each their own. What works for some might not work for others.
Not my cup of tea though. Not something I would do.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by joe4christ(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2012
Yield: To each their own. What works for some might not work for others.
Not my cup of tea though. Not something I would do.

Are u sure about that?
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by lolaluv1(f): 10:44am On Oct 19, 2012
collinsn007: d fear of been used wld continue 2 be ur problem if u dnt get it out nw it cld mak u nt see a nice person cos u r afraid of been used well am nt sayin dat sex b4 marriage is gud bt in d oda way is nt bad provided u guys hv decided 2 get married cos supposin he is impotent or does nt hv sex education or he is nt sexually active or he is handicapd domestically n u r married wat r u goin 2 do dear think bout it

Lol. Even if we have decided to get married, it's not gonna happen. If anything, having sex with somebody clouds your good judgement, especially if that person is good in the sack.

The impotency stuff can be determined by a simple test in a lab. Or are you suggesting I turn my body to a test for impotency?

And talking about his character, that can be ascertained the better by staying out of his bed and seeing how he operates on a day to day basis...
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 19, 2012
joe4christ:

Are u sure about that?

Yes.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by DeGrace01(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2012
It is ungodly and morally wrong, if u are planning for marriage pray and ask God for direction. Some people lived together for 5,6 and even 10yrs yet they could not live up to 4yrs after marriage. God is wiser than all of us and had warned us not to do that. Secondly there is no honour or respect in that even after marriage. To Ladies NOTE: Football used for training cannot be used for the REAL MATCH. Shallom!!!
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Orikinla(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2012
I did not see anything wrong with it when I cohabited with my fiancée for months and it was beautiful and peaceful until I changed my mind a month to our marriage, because I was not ready to wed her.
Cohabiting is as good as being married if the cohabiting couple are mature and secure to be faithful to each other like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by coolestboy(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Where is the romance in this? If its about being ungodly or not send it to the religion section jare.
cohabiting has to do with relationship and marriage, the topic has every right here in the romance section. You can as well post the SECOND HAND to religion section.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Youngzedd(m): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2012
During the time of our great grand fathers and now, do we have many divorce then, Cohabit is sinful according to the HOLY BOOK

Marriage dispute isn't much then to compare to now almost every marriage is singing the song DIVORCE.

Those days they isn't "COHABIT" and now, which one do marriage last longer.

Since I was born I haven't seen or had my parents pointing fingers at each other till date.

Now look at the newly wedded couples.

Atimes I do wonder why our grant grand fathers marriage last longer than the present.

Many people always comment about knowing their partners better bla bla bla.., that is RUBBISH, any woman that is unfaithful is always unfaithful.

Women hide their real character in other to get what they want no matter how long it takes.

Cohabit is a sin.
it will lead to many things e.g: abortion.
Avoid it if possible.

Always pray for God to give u a wife not woman.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by rusher14: 11:08am On Oct 19, 2012
5much: it's biblically wrong but it gives both parties d opportunity to know each other inside out.a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage,remember.
if the couple hav bn having pre-marital sex,then there is no big deal but if they hav decided not to hav sex b4 marriage,living together is not advisable.different strokes for different folks.
Please can you provide verses to back this up?
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by jkross(m): 11:11am On Oct 19, 2012
Imanuelle: Its 'biblically' not right!
But its the best way to know ur partner inside-out!
Since they'r 'intending to marry', then they have to start sorting out new issues that occur, and things they never knew about each other.

So what if after living with the girl for like 4 years and finds her very bad side in the 5th year when they had already started making the december plans for intro/marriage..the truth is you can never know you partner inside out..atimes cohabiting does not mean a serious relationship especiall in lagos where either a guy or girl will jump @ the offer of move in with me..who no like free house na?
Button line if you as a guy intend to marry a girl don't allow her move in.and as a girl don't move in.it is totally wrong!
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by OCTAVO: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Where is the romance in this? If its about being ungodly or not send it to the religion section jare.
If you like, suggest that it should be posted in “Babalawo section“
I simply said that some school of thought will say “it‘s ungodly“.
What is your own take?
If couples cohabit, is that not a romantic lifestyle?
Because u saw the word “ungodly“ u became confused?

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by ballabriggs: 11:20am On Oct 19, 2012
Look at them, bloody hypos!!! Whether the two of them live together or they don't before marriage, dem dey knack themselves steady.

So which one come be "it is morally wrong"? Abeg make all of una park well with this 'I holy pass' behaviour. You know how many members of Choir your Pastor done knack? You know how many Rev Sisters your Rev Father done knack? You know how many Islamic Sisters that Alfa done cancel? Abeg make una park well.

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Orikinla(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2012
Youngzedd: During the time of our great grand fathers and now, do we have many divorce then, Cohabit is sinful according to the HOLY BOOK

Marriage dispute isn't much then to compare to now almost every marriage is singing the song DIVORCE.

Those days they isn't "COHABIT" and now, which one do marriage last longer.

Since I was born I haven't seen or had my parents pointing fingers at each other till date.

Now look at the newly wedded couples.

Atimes I do wonder why our grant grand fathers marriage last longer than the present.

Many people always comment about knowing their partners better bla bla bla.., that is RUBBISH, any woman that is unfaithful is always unfaithful.

Women hide their real character in other to get what they want no matter how long it takes.

Cohabit is a sin.
it will lead to many things e.g: abortion.
Avoid it if possible.

Always pray for God to give u a wife not woman.

[size=18pt]YET YOU ENDORSE FORNICATION IN PREMARITAL RELATIONSHIPS?

HOW MANY OF OUR SINGLES WHO ARE NOT YET MARRIED ARE NOT FORKING THEMSELVES FROM PLACE TO PLACE AND STILL POSE AS CHRISTIAN SISTERS AND BROTHERS IN PUBLIC.
YOU HYPOCRITICAL DOGS IN CHURCH.

MANY OF OUR SINGLE SISTERS EVEN DO IT EVERY SUNDAY WHEN THEY VISIT THEIR BOYFRIENDS AFTER SUNDAY SERVICE.[/size]
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 19, 2012
jkross:

So what if after living with the girl for like 4 years and finds her very bad side in the 5th year when they had already started making the december plans for intro/marriage..the truth is you can never know you partner inside out..atimes cohabiting does not mean a serious relationship especiall in lagos where either a guy or girl will jump @ the offer of move in with me..who no like free house na?
Button line if you as a guy intend to marry a girl don't allow her move in.and as a girl don't move in.it is totally wrong!

If its at d girls house, den d guy may not be serious!
But no guy, will house a girl for that long, if he isn't serious abt the relationship.
Guys don't like sand inside their Ga-r-r-i º°˚

Besides, how will u stay with a girl for 4 years and not discover her bad sides? 4 years too long to pretend º°˚

1 more thing, u don't have to cohabit for that long.... U do it when u're at the verge of moving on to the next step.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by debbydominic(f): 11:37am On Oct 19, 2012
Its totally wrong.at d end of the end the relationship losses value and the guy might not be willing to settle down again.I have an aunt who lived with her "supposed" boyfriend for almost 20 yrs.he was almost promising to marry her but nothing happened.we later got to know that this man had a wife and children in another city.he left her after that.babes be wise!
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by larrymoore(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2012
Almost everyone here is against d practice bt yet guity. You see d world we live!
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
When I lived with my Babe in Uni those days...Omo!!

It was steady "Operation Fire for Fire"...and the Babe like PREEK die!

As she put rice for fire for parboiling, we go rush one round, as she drain the starchy water finish, we go rush another... it was that bad...

At a time when our neighbours pass our window, dem dey wida whether we get supernatural powers after counting empty condom sachets...

During hols or strike...we go stay back at school, lock ourselves indoors with a good stock of chau and booz...2 weeks sef we neva step feet outside, but neighbours dey know say 2 people dey inside the self contain...

Those days our friends no dey come visit us because you go ready to knock tire without getting any response when it's obvious there's a pair at home grin...

I miss those days mehn!

Shes now married though...but my "Congo-Shinning spree" just went hyper with no settling down plans in sight grin
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by candieangel12(f): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
Nothing wrong with cohibatating. I did it with my ex-bf&&I enjoyed it, we shared a 1 bedroom apartment for 6 months. When I meet my fiance, I will cohabit with him too. I rather learn how to live with him early on than wait till after marriage to find out many suprises.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by chievo: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
So what if after living with the girl for like 4 years and finds her very bad side in the 5th year .......wich 1 b ha vry Bad side again? She dey carry gun? If na kuk she no sabi kuk, nd u sabi, u teach am na or betastil tke ha 2 cathrin skul...u sef abi u dey gud all d tims?.....
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by claremont(m): 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2012
I understand if a partner comes around to spend weekends and short holidays, but permanently moving in is a No-No for me. I like some personal space to think and plan without any distractions.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by omotola1(m): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
claremont: I like some personal space to think and plan without any distractions.
How do u intend to get “some personal space when you get married?
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by omotola1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
claremont: I understand if a partner comes around to spend weekends and short holidays, but permanently moving in is a No-No for me.
Bros be it for short period or long, it‘s still cohabiting.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by vivianc(f): 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
No! I don't support it and I will NEVER try it.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by AzaMontana(f): 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
Its not good for people to cohibit. Whether you wana marry or not. Its like eating the choclate before paying for it in the shop. Na crime
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by collinsn007(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
lola.luv:

Lol. Even if we have decided to get married, it's not gonna happen. If anything, having sex with somebody clouds your good judgement, especially if that person is good in the sack.

The impotency stuff can be determined by a simple test in a lab. Or are you suggesting I turn my body to a test for impotency?

And talking about his character, that can be ascertained the better by staying out of his bed and seeing how he operates on a day to day basis...
lol impotence test in a simple lab lmao is dat d info u got well ideologies differ bt maks some pple ignorant 4rml d fact in front of dem u cn still be wit sme1 u love witout hvin clouded mind unless u dnt knw wat u wntd maybe d chaff so my dear any love dat finds fault is nt love cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Do Prostitutes Take Used Condom To? / My Girlfriend Is Denying Me Sex Everytime . / Mention Three Females On The Forum You Think Would Make Good Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.