Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British (14974 Views)

Banned By The Ayatollah Again! From Today, No More Christian Bashing! / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / The British Spy In SCOAN; What Did He Find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tevinsolt: 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

[img]http://3.bp..com/_t6rV3U9ZEHM/TPlNrROis0I/AAAAAAAA-TA/3FaewMi7X04/s1600/GoodWithoutGod.jpg[/img]

so the essence of God for you is about money? grin lmaoooo grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Itoroetti(m): 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
seyibrown: @ OP

Jesus is the Author and finisher of the christian faith, not the British! The Bible tells us to look to Jesus; not to the British! Faithful christians are not responsible for the fate of Nigeria today; unfaithful christians contribute to it. Most British Christian are only Christian in name, like many Nigerian Christians, and many Xtians world over.
tanx 4 enlightening this dude.i guess he is an athiest.nw Mr poster,go and check d definition of christianity,then tel me wat u realise abt it.do u tink xtianity a form of inheritance?y use d yardstick abt british lifestyle to judge other xtians.bekarful abt wat u post to avoid God's rode.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
tevinsolt:

42 people wrote about Jesus between his life time and 20 years after his death (both Jewish and secular historians), 5000 Greek manuscripts, 8000 latin manuscripts from early writing of the disciples.....the bible is historical accurate finding have shown the surrounding of Edomites and like recorded David's invasion, also it is believed Egypt recorded the invasion of Israel but was lost....i can't begin to count dude.

It seems youre the only one on earth that believes in the accuracy of the Bible. A book that if you put 20 different ones on a table---all written in the same language---open to the same page and you'll get 20 different versions is not the epitome of "Accuracy" if you ask me. But, what do I know....
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
tevinsolt:

42 people wrote about Jesus between his life time and 20 years after his death (both Jewish and secular historians), 5000 Greek manuscripts, 8000 latin manuscripts from early writing of the disciples.....the bible is historical accurate finding have shown the surrounding of Edomites and like recorded David's invasion, also it is believed Egypt recorded the invasion of Israel but was lost....i can't begin to count dude.

Nice. All we have about Jesus are old writings about him.

He could have existed, no doubt. The issue with me is his ressurection
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2012
Itoroetti :
tanx 4 enlightening this dude.i guess he is an athiest.nw Mr poster,go and check d definition of christianity,then tel me wat u realise abt it.do u tink xtianity a form of inheritance?y use d yardstick abt british lifestyle to judge other xtians.bekarful abt wat u post to avoid God's rode.

Kai, no kill me with ya gangsta English oooo!

Anyway, No one is saying that the British started christianity!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tevinsolt: 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
kingoflag:

It seems youre the only one on earth that believes in the accuracy of the Bible. A book that if you put 20 different ones on a table---all written in the same language---open to the same page and you'll get 20 different versions is not the epitome of "Accuracy" if you ask me. But, what do I know....

dude just shut up if you don't know.....the English bible was translated directly from the Greek and Hebrew (original versions) if you don not believe it you can hug a transformer for all i care

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by ektbear: 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
kingoflag:

Its nonsense because you tried to delve from the core of the debate and embrace sarcasm instead of an intelligent retort. You know why? Because most of cannot defend,logically, that which you so wholeheartedly believe in. I have no problems with anyone's religious beliefs in so far as it doesnt harm me or affect the way of life of me and my loved ones. What I have a problem with is irrationality and the refusal to think outside the box because of beliefs that were handed to you by your slave masters. Beliefs that have done nothing but kept generations of you guys in mental bondage. To each is own, but its always best to see things from all angles.

Sarcasm was legitimate in this case. I made up a fake Bible verse which supports the OPs claim that we should pay attention to the British.

This illustrates the point I have made repeatedly in this thread: from the perspective of a Christian, the British are irrelevant.

I don't know what else to say...if you didn't understand how my response was relevant, there is really nothing I can do to make it more clear.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
Nice one mehn...nice one ha hah ha ha...i dey laugh in janded accent...don't mind dem jare...bunch of ekpa..mumuni..
tevinsolt:

dude just shut up if you don't know.....the English bible was translated from directly from the Greek and Hebrew (original versions) if you don not believe it you can hug a transformer for all i care
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
OP who are the true xtians?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by kpolli(m): 7:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
So cos someone teaches u something, does that mean u can not be better than ur teacher??

This is the kind of topic an illiterate would raise

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tevinsolt: 7:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Nice. All we have about Jesus are old writings about him.

He could have existed, no doubt. The issue with me is his ressurection

bro Luke was a physician and an historian, Paul was an highly educated man he spoke Greek lived in Rome....he said had it been Jesus had not risen we are fools.....the disciples saw him, the bible even recorded they didn't believe him at first until he showed to them he is risen....he appeared to over 500 hundred people btw the period of 40 days and this people died for what they saw not what they believed in....in a Jewish dominated society

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
kpolli: So cos someone teaches u something, does that mean u can not be better than ur teacher??

This is the kind of topic an illiterate would raise

Epic fail.

The point of the thread is to question why Britain that gave us christianity is dropping it.

[img]http://cafewitteveen.files./2010/10/63031_1485605577335_1149750185_32371760_7271009_n.jpg[/img]
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2012
tevinsolt:

bro Luke was a physician and an historian, Paul was an highly educated man he spoke Greek lived in Rome....he said had it been Jesus had not risen we are fools.....the disciples saw him, the bible even recorded they didn't believe him at first until he showed to them he is risen....he appeared to over 500 hundred people btw the period of 40 days and this people died for what they saw not what they believed in....in a Jewish dominated society

Nonsense. People dont rise from the dead, especially after crucifixion.

Well, there are adults who believe in zombies. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
erico2k2: OP who are the true xtians?

Nobody. No one.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Benito69(m): 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
It is not a matter of 'if you will bow', it is a matter of 'when you will bow'....bow him today as your Lord and savior or bow to him in eternity as your Judge and executioner.
John 3:16
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
Benito69: It is not a matter of 'if you will bow', it is a matter of 'when you will bow'....bow him today as your Lord and savior or bow to him in eternity as your Judge and executioner.
John 3:16

Why should I bow to a Jewish man that didnt care about West Africa?

#proud Nigerian
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tevinsolt: 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
i must admit, i was raised in a christian family but as i grew i started to develop doubts about the fallibility of the bible..... I've watched many debates among Christians, atheist and Muslims......but for me, it is more plausible to believe i came from a living being and a rational being who designed all these than a complex biochemical reaction that pop out from nothing over billions of years. i believe morality is also objectively from God and for Muslims who claim to worship same God as Christians, law of non-contradiction only proves one religion could be right btw islam and Christianity since we claim the same God.....but i choose Christianity because Muhammad was exposed to Gnostic Gospels...which were inaccurate testimonies of Jesus which can only mean one thing.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tpia5: 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
I wonder why some people are so fixated with the british.

From dont speak english to dont be more christian than the british.

If you cant be british, be chinese, kapish?

Make we hear word.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by kpolli(m): 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Epic fail.

The point of the thread is to question why Britain that gave us christianity is dropping it.

[img]http://cafewitteveen.files./2010/10/63031_1485605577335_1149750185_32371760_7271009_n.jpg[/img]

Pls re-read ur post, ur ? was if after collecting advise from a friend to buy mazda n we go to his house n see only benz (note u didn't say mazda n benz), would u ever take his advise. . .

Shows how stupid ur ? is cos u couldn't even express it how u wanted to. . . .
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
tevinsolt: i must admit, i was raised in a christian family but as i grew i started to develop doubts and fallibility of the bible..... I've watched many debates among Christians, atheist and Muslims......but for me, it is more plausible to believe i came from a living being and a rational being who designed all these than a complex biochemical reaction that pop out from nothing over billions of years. i believe morality is also objectively from God and for Muslims who claim to worship same God as Christians, law of non-contradiction only proves one religion could be right btw islam and christianity since we claim the same God.....but i choose Christianity because Muhammad was exposed to Gnostic Gospels...which were inaccurate testimonies of Jesus which can only mean one thing.

Have you compared your religion to other religions? Buddhism, Shintoism, Jainism, Sammaritarainism etc?

When watching the debatesm, didnt the christians lose?

How did they manage to overcome the problem of

a) God flooding the earth in the old testament, thereby killing millions of innocent children?
b) The tacit approval of slavery in the old testament?
c) The sexist letter of Paul in the New testament
d) The Zombiefication of Christ?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Why so angry? grin grin

Look babe,

Atheism is the disbelief in God and not the hatred of god.

No one saying you should follow Britian into oblivion. The aim of the thread is to get christian peeps like you to ask why did Britain drop christianity? Why?

After answering that question look at Nigeria and then ask if christianity benefits Naija?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2012
tpia@:
I wonder why some people are so fixated with the british.

From dont speak english to dont be more christian than the british.

If you cant be british, be chinese, kapish?

Make we hear word.

Tpia, remain small before you kill me ooo!

Wetin I do you?

Anayway, the point of the thread is to question.

Why did the British who gave us Christianity drop it?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
*********CRAP******
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
kpolli:

Pls re-read ur post, ur ? was if after collecting advise from a friend to buy mazda n we go to his house n see only benz (note u didn't say mazda n benz), would u ever take his advise. . .

Shows how stupid ur ? is cos u couldn't even express it how u wanted to. . . .

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Policewoman(f): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03: The UK has a christian history but it is now very much a secular state. The British were the ones that brought christianity to Nigeria and yet Nigerians are now even more christian than the British.

I want to ask honest people on Nairaland a simple question;

[size=18pt]If someone came to your house to convince you that you should buy Mazda cars and you agree to buy a Mazda car in the near future but on going to the person's house, you find that the person is mostly driving Mercedes Benz, would you continue to trust his statement on Mazdas?[/size]

The above bold question highlights a cognitive dissonance of many Nigerians. They carry their Christianity to Britain without realizing or asking why the British have mostly dropped the Christianity that they gave Nigeria. They dont even bother to ask why church attendance is so low in Britain and why over a third of the British are atheists/agnostics.

Here are some foolish rationalizations made by the average Nigerian christian;

-The British are less moral than us Christian Nigerians (Really? with your witch beating, tithe frauds, high level of corruption and embezzlement?)

-God is using us to bring religion to UK (Really? then why did God not bring christianity to Nigeria before the British and in more peaceful ways than slavery/colonization of Nigeria by the british?)

-Africans are more spiritual and sensible than the British/Europeans (Really? when you import many things from the British? When theBritish have a more stable and organised society? Has you spirituality helped Nigeria to achieve such?)

would like christians to comment on this topic, especially Mr Anony that lives in the UK. We both went to a debate about abortion in London, only to find that Anony was in the serious minority when talking about abortion from a christian religious/moral perspective

Logicboy, your logic is flawed. Christianity didn't start from Britain and so you cannot say it is owned by the British. Christianity started in the present palestine and later spread to Europe through Rome. It was during the Roman colonisation of most of europe that the AngloSaxons got to hear of christianity. And by the way, you sound like an atheist to me. So no need arguing further with you.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Why so angry? grin grin

Look babe,

Atheism is the disbelief in God and not the hatred of god.

No one saying you should follow Britian into oblivion. The aim of the thread is to get christian peeps like you to ask why did Britain drop christianity? Why?

After answering that question look at Nigeria and then ask if christianity benefits Naija?

So you disbelieve GOD but don't hate GOD...LMAO...ha ha ha ha ha...for an atheist this indeed is rich!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
Policewoman: Logicboy, your logic is flawed. Christianity didn't start from Britain and so you cannot say it is owned by the British. Christianity started in the present palestine and later spread to Europe through Rome. It was during the Roman colonisation of most of europe that the AngloSaxons got to hear of christianity. And by the way, you sound like an atheist to me. So no need arguing further with you.

You are a policewoman but your brain has been arrestd for criminal failure.

Who said that christianity came from Britain?

Why una christians love deh straw man?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tevinsolt: 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Have you compared your religion to other religions? Buddhism, Shintoism, Jainism, Sammaritarainism etc?

When watching the debatesm, didnt the christians lose?

How did they manage to overcome the problem of

a) God flooding the earth in the old testament, thereby killing millions of innocent children?
b) The tacit approval of slavery in the old testament?
c) The sexist letter of Paul in the New testament
d) The Zombiefication of Christ?

read what you wrote again......where does the judgment you just made come from?
you don't believe in God, who are you to say God is wrong for clearing the earth because Nephilims were polluting the human gene pool?
if you do not believe in God you are un-shielded and you are at the mercy of being captured and taking captive
you do not believe in God so where does the judgement of Paul being sexist comes from? when he was trying to compromise and provide a common ground when he was dealing with a very sexist society? read in context Paul said there is no diversity we are all equal in Christ!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
PastelChic:

So you disbelieve GOD but don't hate GOD...LMAO...ha ha ha ha ha...for an atheist this indeed is rich!

Wow, a drunk is always happy in his own folly.

How can I hate what I dot believe exists?

It is like me hating the tooth fairy
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
tevinsolt:

read what you wrote again......where does the judgment you just made come from?
you don't believe in God, who are you to say God is wrong for clearing the earth because Nephilims were polluting the human gene pool?
if you do not believe in God you are un-shielded and you are at the mercy of being captured and taking captive
you do not believe in God so where does the judgement of Paul being sexist comes from? when he was trying to compromise and provide a common ground when he was dealing with a very sexist society? read in context Paul said there is no diversity we are all equal in Christ!

Load of nonsense.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
******DOUBLE CRAP********
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Samxiulee: 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear:

Sarcasm was legitimate in this case. I made up a fake Bible verse which supports the OPs claim that we should pay attention to the British.

This illustrates the point I have made repeatedly in this thread: from the perspective of a Christian, the British are irrelevant.

I don't know what else to say...if you didn't understand how my response was relevant, there is really nothing I can do to make it more clear.
you ve done a good job trying to educate the op and his atheist followers,but I want you to understand that its better you enlighten an illitrate than a semi illitrate,cos an illitrate will agree that he does not have know,but a semi illitrate,will claim he knows it all,while a litrate person will always seek knowledge till he is six feet below.
The word secular or being more of a Christian than the British does not correlate with the op's first post.Nigeria is a secular Nation,the British head of state is the Queen of England who also hold the title of the Head of the church of England,if the op was talking about they way we, Nigerian practice Christianity,that's another thing entirely but he did not,rather than that he is saying that we are not secular(I wonder what he meant by that).Yes we have problem where by Government both in federal and state level sponsor some religious programs eg pilgrimage,but we are secular atleast from our constitution.If the op is trying to talk about the way we practice various religion both Christianity and Islam,he should put his words right,even in Ghana they don't attened church the way we Nigerians do.Some people go to church cos they don't want to die of boredom on sunday when PHCN holds electricity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Worship Song On A Sunday Morning / Evolution 101 / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.