Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,969 members, 7,835,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British (14991 Views)

Banned By The Ayatollah Again! From Today, No More Christian Bashing! / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / The British Spy In SCOAN; What Did He Find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
obadiah777: Logicboy got sliced diced tossed-up rubbed-down used abused whooped smacked ganked and obliterated in this here thread. next time you think about opening your ill thought out threads, beg mukina not to put it on frontpage. keep it in-house ( religion section ) where the family know you are just a crazed lunatic and as such embrace your lunacy without fighting it much. you dont wanna be on frontpage with your diatribes. this here frontpage got too many snipers and killers and cold blooded mercenaries grin grin

lol, says the christian that other christians do not consider christian.

Irony. Irony everywhere!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol, says the christian that other christians do not consider christian.

Irony. Irony everywhere!
this nigga on the floor just bleeding from all the gunshot wounds and knife wounds grin grin who sabi CPR up in here to resuscitate this mans dignity ? grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
obadiah777: this nigga on the floor just bleeding from all the gunshot wounds and knife wounds grin grin who sabi CPR up in here to rescue this mans dignity ? grin

"nigga"?

grin grin grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Areaboy2(m): 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
seyibrown:

The British may have dropped the traditional 'going to church because society says so' but there are still many who love the Lord and remain truly xtian and many more coming back from the 'world' into Christ(I say this because I attend a spirit-filled 99% white church here). Gradual de-chritianisation is not peculiar to the British. Many Christian all over the world fall away from the church and many new people find christ. Go back and look at the history of those countries you claim are secular today, they were christian and they got where they are today ont he shoulders of christianity.

Society may change it's course, attitudes and it definition of morals, right and wrong but Christ does not change. Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

The point is you made an error in suggesting Nigeria Xtians to do whatever British Xtians do. You should by extension say that Nigeria should do whatever Britain does. Why has Nigeria not decriminalised homosexuality? Got rid of the death penalty? Got rid of corruption? Become a welfare state? Kept terrorism under control? Ensure justice is available and affordable to the general citizenry? Is it all because this 'largely muslim country'( grin - according to how the british left it) still hold on to xtianity?

Xtianity does not hold back societal progress; The selfish, greedy people we continue to elect (or who find their by hook or crook and want to continue keeping the majority of Nigerians in poverty so they can be worshipped as 'big men') into leadership do!

1) LOL! you know that is not true!! Every society that moved forward had people that dared challenge the local beliefs
2) granted, I can give you this point but you have to realise that He only had 33 years to be here and really had no chance to "change" The same cannot be said about his daddy big boss ywhw undecided
3) You are obviously missing his point. The British brought their religion they believed so much in to us and forced us to ditch ours and call it pagan. Now the same people have pretty much dropped what they brought to us. Doest that make you think? We have not decriminalised homosexuality because we have a bunch of largely ill-educated leaders that know nothing about the science of homosexuality. A fair analogy will be to make Autism a criminal offence when one cant chose the way he/she is born. "People are just born gay, get over it"(first bus lol)
4)When everyone opens up their eyes to the fact that we are here for each other and we are all responsible for our action rather than blaming an invincible demon(satan) for everything then we can actually be better people and thus build a better society for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
Your rejoinder is so lame and infantile...adults are supposed to be having some form of discussion here...besides Psalm 14 vs 1 : The fool hath said in his heart, there is no GOD..if quoting this scripture, you find it an insult or curse, I will gladly crown you with the Toga of "the grandest of them all...now if you grew up in a Christian backround, and those that were supposed to teach you or help you shape your values in life were hypociritical, don't blame it on the rest of the world and assume all that believe in CHRIST, are hypocrites....that my friend, is an assumption even a fool will not make...now what was it the question you require an answer?
kingoflag:

Nice, keep it going Madam Intelligentsia .... "I'm smarter than you", "I'm better than you", "I'm more intelligent than you"....

Oh, wait, isnt that what your religion is all about anyway; claiming to be better than others in ways of life and worship of the Supreme being while your hypocritical lifestyles show otherwise? Ah, yes, the religion of the Bentley Pushing Pastor and the poor famished folk that walk long distances to feed his insatiable taste and greed for the finer things in life. And why wont you donate, after all, your God loves the finer things and asks you to fund private jets for your Pastors even if they neglect to say the truth from the pulpit i.e Denounce and condemn the corrupt political class.... Oh, sheesh, silly me, why would I think that the same person that prays for your success would be stop*id enough to condemn you?

And for a so called Christian you do curse and insult others a lot. Is that what your religion taught you? Is that what it says in the Bible; call others "fools" because they didnt agree with you? Ive been known to get real vicious with words on occasion too. Dont believe me? Go through my old posts. But I wont get ugly today, I doubt, so I'll just proceed to ask you a quick question while hoping that you have the intelligence to answer logically instead of telling me what you think a man in the sky (whom youve never spoken to) told you.

1. If a Christian steals, deceives, and commits adultery yet goes to church unfailingly every sunday, pays his tithes, and is also loudest when it comes to singing the hymns is he going to get into "heaven" faster than an atheist that doesnt steal, deceive or commit adultery?

And just so if youre wondering why I included "Politics" in my second paragraph, its because I think an overwhelming, and very vocal, hypocritical majority in your religion is one of the biggest problems facing Nigeria today....along with their Muslim counterparts.... but thats a story for another day.

Anyway, pls answer the question I asked. Thanks.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by chic2pimp(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear:

See, this is why your argument is so r3tarded.

Rather than:
a) arguing directly that religion is dangerous/bad/etc for NIGERIAN society

you instead:
b) argue that, "hey, the Brits are becoming secular! Therefore, we should do follow-follow too and become secular!"

Do you not see that your argument would be a lot more effective if you provided logic/reason, rather than argument by "follow-follow"? grin cheesy

WORD!!!

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
PastelChic: Your rejoinder is so lame and infantile...adults are supposed to be having some form of discussion here...besides Psalm 14 vs 1 : The fool hath said in his heart, there is no GOD..if quoting this scripture, you find it an insult or curse, I will gladly crown you with the Toga of "the grandest of them all...now if you grew up in a Christian backround, and those that were supposed to teach you or help you shape your values in life were hypociritical, don't blame it on the rest of the world and assume all that believe in CHRIST, are hypocrites....that my friend, is an assumption even a fool will not make...now what was it the question you require an answer?

Isnt psalm 14;1 evidence of bigotry to unbelievers?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
The OP has steadfastly tried to make apparent the "irrationality" of being more christian than the British, with the premise that christianity has somewhat impeded the development of our nation, but he fails to to realise the paradox of this statement which is a complete fallacy
Blatant corruption,absolute disregard for government and a 'take what you can, give nothing back' mentality have long been the bane of this nation;vices which the bible eschew and condem in their entirety. OP, I believe a more convincing argument would have been; why have christains abandoned the very template on which the christian faith is founded

5 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
So much for the logic and rationality of @ logicboy and his muscle man King of Flag
chic2pimp:

WORD!!!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
@ logic needs to be schooled on the logic of comparative reasoning...thats whats up
B737NG: The OP has steadfastly tried to make apparent the "irrationality" of being more christian than the British, with the premise that christianity has somewhat impeded the development of our nation, but he fails to to realise the paradox of this statement which is a complete fallacy
Blatant corruption,absolute disregard for government and a 'take what you can, give nothing back' mentality have long been the bane of this nation;vices which the bible eschew and condem in their entirety. OP, I believe a more convincing argument would have been; why have christains abandoned the very template on which the christian faith is founded

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by chic2pimp(m): 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
PastelChic: So much for the logic and rationality of @ logicboy and his muscle man King of Flag

That the word Logic prefixes his Name is a Big Fallacy on it's own

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
B737NG: The OP has steadfastly tried to make apparent the "irrationality" of being more christian than the British, with the premise that christianity has somewhat impeded the development of our nation, but he fails to to realise the paradox of this statement which is a complete fallacy
Blatant cor
ruption,absolute disregard for government and a 'take what you can, give nothing back' mentality have long been the bane of this nation;vices which the bible eschew and condem in their entirety. OP, I believe a more convincing argument would have been; why have christains abandoned the very template on which the christian faith is founded

Epic Fail. Christianity does impede the development of a nation.

1)Witch beating Aka Oyedepo slaps

2)Tithe frauds

3) Child abuse. (Spare the rod and spoil the child)

4) Blatant sexism and denail of women rights eg abortion, secondary class of women etc.

Lets even remember how christianity came to nigeria; Through slavery and corruption
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
grin grin grin cold blooded murder going on all up in here LOL
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2012
chic2pimp:

You peeps can brownnose yourselves and like each others' comments but you are not making any logical sense.

You peeps have yet to answer the basic question that the thread asks

Why has britain dropped christianity?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Standing5(m): 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

I hope you know that this topic made front page?

There are many topics that use strategy A "religion is bad" but they get nowhere.

I used Britian to make a logical point that an advanced society dropped their religion and we carry religion there without asking why.

It touches something deep in Nigerians when we compare our country to the UK. An indirect route of asking why developed countries dropped religion.

Effective and logical

Your arguments are still daft. Britain as a nation does not adopt any religion but allows her citizens to choose. There is nothing like Nigerians practice blah blah blah more than Britain. If you want to compare by all means then use the ratio of Christians to Non-Christians For both countries and not your perception of the 'Emptiness' of house of worship. What is 2/5 filled to you might be 2/5 empty to another. The logic is just too weak.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by shaybebaby(f): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
Zab: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]ANOTHER EURO-CENTRIC THINKING.WHY MUST NIGERIA DO WHAT BRITAIN DOES? WE KNOW ANGLICAN CHURCH BRITISH. WHY DIDN'T THE BRITISH FOLLOW CATHOLICISM THAT WAS BROUGHT TO THEM TILL DATE?
Because king henry wanted to marry a babe when he had wifey at home and the catholic church wouldn't permit divorce so he started the anglican church inorder to chuck the mrs for the mistress. Anglicans, take note. Your denomination was created by a Hot king tongue

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2012
Area_boy:

1) LOL! you know that is not true!! Every society that moved forward had people that dared challenge the local beliefs
2) granted, I can give you this point but you have to realise that He only had 33 years to be here and really had no chance to "change" The same cannot be said about his daddy big boss ywhw undecided
3) You are obviously missing his point. T[b]he British brought their religion they believed so much in to us and forced us to ditch ours and call it pagan.[/b] Now the same people have pretty much dropped what they brought to us. Doest that make you think? We have not decriminalised homosexuality because we have a bunch of largely ill-educated leaders that know nothing about the science of homosexuality. A fair analogy will be to make Autism a criminal offence when one cant chose the way he/she is born. "People are just born gay, get over it"(first bus lol)
4)When everyone opens up their eyes to the fact that we are here for each other and we are all responsible for our action rather than blaming an invincible demon(satan) for everything then we can actually be better people and thus build a better society for ourselves.

grin grin Christianity is not 'The British Religion'! grin grin

On your homos.exu.al/autism analogy, an autistic person does not choose to be autistic. Homose.xu.al.it.y is a choice, not a genetic condition and it does not put you at any health disadvantage, and the fact that you can't claim welfare benefits just for the 'condition of being g.a.y' makes the difference clear. I don't hate homo.s; They are people like me, who only chose to a particular s.e.xua.l lifestyle. I love them like Christ commands but I don't love their se.xual lifestyle, and cannot under secular law be forced to love or engage int he act of so.do/my. grin

Back to thread's topic; grin grin Christianity is not 'The British Religion'! You should try to tell a british court that Britain is a christian country and see how you would be laughed out of there! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 20, 2012

You seem to be ignorant of how secular the most advanced countries are in the world. The advanced countries have left christian morality for secular laws.

Human Development Index (developed countries)

[img]http://www.raonline.ch/images/bt/dev/UNDP_HDI2011BT.gif[/img]
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
Ha ha ha ha ha ...You know what? this guy and his ilk are just plain preposterous
chic2pimp:

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
Standing5:
Your arguments are still daft. Britain as a nation does not adopt any religion but allows her citizens to choose. There is nothing like Nigerians practice blah blah blah more than Britain. If you want to compare by all means then use the ratio of Christians to Non-Christians For both countries and not your perception of the 'Emptiness' of house of worship. What is 2/5 filled to you might be 2/5 empty to another. The logic is just too weak.

2/5 filled is equal to 3/5 empty......dunce!

Also, both church attendance and number of christians are higher in Nigeria and so you are making no sense.

Stop playing a straw man. I never said that Britian has an adopted religion
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
seyibrown:

grin grin Christianity is not 'The British Religion'! grin grin

On your homos.exu.al/autism analogy, an autistic person does not choose to be autistic. Homose.xu.al.it.y is a choice, not a genetic condition and it does not put you at any health disadvantage, and the fact that you can't claim welfare benefits just for the 'condition of being g.a.y' makes the difference clear. I don't hate homo.s; They are people like me, who only chose to a particular s.e.xua.l lifestyle. I love them like Christ commands but I don't love their se.xual lifestyle, and cannot under secular law be forced to love or engage int he act of so.do/my. grin

Back to thread's topic; grin grin Christianity is not 'The British Religion'! You should try to tell a british court that Britain is a christian country and see how you would be laughed out of there! grin grin

[size=18pt]
Why are NL christians gaddem foolish at times?

The question is simple;

Why did Britian, which brought christianity to our country drop their christianity?

The christians have foolishly translated it as

1) We should copy Britian in whatever we do?

2) Christianity originated in Britain[/size]
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 20, 2012
So things like homosexuals, beastiality, transgender etc can thrive..that is answer enough for you i hope....hey people, someone please call @King of Flag to come bail his man @logicboy03 out...
Logicboy03:

You peeps can brownnose yourselves and like each others' comments but you are not making any logical sense.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Standing5(m): 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
Also, if i may ask, what is the standard unit you used in quantifying the Christianity level of both Countries? Oyedepo's slap or parents beating child?
To show how confused you are you tried to use the advancement of Britain which was mostly achieved when their alleged level atheist belief was at it lowest, going by your post, to justify your daft argument which assumes subconsiously that atheism is responsible for their advancement.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
PastelChic: So things like homosexuals, beastiality, transgender etc can thrive..that is answer enough for you i hope

Look at all the countries that allow homosexual marriages and then look back at your country and the countries that do not.

Also note the amount of top 10 developed countries that allow gay rights

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by shaybebaby(f): 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
seyibrown: I bet logicboy03 wishes he never started this thread now! grin grin grin Christians - in Nigeria and world over - are neither bound nor accountable to the British but to Christ! Understood?? cheesy cheesy Get it into your atheist skull! grin grin

Lots of love,

Signed

seyibrown.
Err..while you are at it, the brown part of the name is english(british), might want to look up the hebrew version and go by that instead.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2012
Standing5: Also, if i may ask, what is the standard unit you used in quantifying the Christianity level of both Countries? Oyedepo's slap or parents beating child?
To show how confused you are you tried to use the advancement of Britain which was mostly achieved when their alleged level atheist belief was at it lowest, going by your post, to justify your daft argument which assumes subconsiously that atheism is responsible for their advancement.

Atheism is simply a disbelief in god. It doeg not grant you miraculous prosperity!

The measurement is simple church attendance in Nigeria is 89% while uk 10%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_attendance

The percentage of christians as well is also important.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Charz3(m): 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
Hmmm...I guess for me it is quite clear why the so called 'developed/civilised' world gave up on christianity or religion for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U1Grl4HSRU&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-1hdqNDQ9E&feature=endscreen&NR=1

shocked

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Standing5(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

2/5 filled is equal to 3/5 empty......dunce!

Also, both church attendance and number of christians are higher in Nigeria and so you are making no sense.

Stop playing a straw man. I never said that Britian has an adopted religion

Why resort to personal abuse if not the fact that your arguememt has been exposed as the weak sh.it that it is. When i used the analogy of emptiness up there, i was trying to make your coconut head understand that your estimation of Emptiness and Attendance level is your own bloody opinion boy! It does not come with any gauranteed level of precision. Also, you need to stop assuming britain is an atheist nation.

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2012
undecided lipsrsealed@Logic boy, dude you gay, so who is your man?
Logicboy03:

Look at all the countries that allow homosexual marriages and then look back at your country and the countries that do not.

:

[img]http://www.raonline.ch/images/bt/dev/UNDP_HDI2011BT.gif[/img][/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logic Boy,highlighting isolated cases of miscounduct by christians in other to slander christianity still points to the same inherent weakness of your initial argument.

The fact that some persons have distorted christianity and deviated from it's original blueprint to serve their devious purposes cannot be used as a yardstick to discountenance the entire christian faithfull

Perhaps you are aware that anti-cut protests were held today in Britain, are we to regard this singular occurence as an astronimical failure of the secularist system of governance which you vehemently suggest we adopt?(not that secularism is our problem) Of course not. In the same vein you cannoct cast aspersions on christianity because of the actions of a few.

On a final note, your argument itself is too simplistic and smirks of naivety-not what you would expect from a self professed critical thinker, you seem to infer that getting rid of religion would solve Nigeria's plethora of problems...like seriously? Come on man
Logicboy03:

Logicboy03:

Epic Fail. Christianity does impede the development of a nation.

1)Witch beating Aka Oyedepo slaps

2)Tithe frauds

3) Child abuse. (Spare the rod and spoil the child)

4) Blatant sexism and denail of women rights eg abortion, secondary class of women etc.

Lets even remember how christianity came to nigeria; Through slavery and corruption

4 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
Standing5:
Why resort to personal abuse if not the fact that your arguememt has been exposed as the weak sh.it that it is. When i used the analogy of emptiness up there, i was trying to make your coconut head understand that your estimation of Emptiness and Attendance level is your own bloody opinion boy! It does not come with any gauranteed level of precision. Also, you need to stop assuming britain is an atheist nation.

1) My argument is simple; Nigerians, especially those in the UK should ask themselves why Britain has dropped their christian morality for christian laws.

2) I gave you fact and figures based on professional research.

3) Britain is a secular country.

You have no points.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 10:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Why are NL christians gaddem foolish at times?
The question is simple;
Why did Britian, which brought christianity to our country drop their christianity?
The christians have foolishly translated it as
1) We should copy Britian in whatever we do?
2) Christianity originated in Britain

No need to type big. You can still be read! grin Answer to your question in bold: The law moved away from Christianity because the majority did not wish to be led by Christ. They want to be led by their logic and desires. Like I have said before, de-christianisation is not peculiar to Britain. Those responsible for the plight of the Nigerian nation are not led by Christ but by their logic and desire too. The main difference between the two countries is the degree of transparency and accountability to the electorate. One country has more church-goers than the other but both countries really are not led by Christ-minded governments! In both governments, many of the leaders attend church or practise one religion or the other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / CAC Members Fight Over Church Leadership(video) / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.