Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British (14988 Views)

Banned By The Ayatollah Again! From Today, No More Christian Bashing! / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / The British Spy In SCOAN; What Did He Find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear:

I wonder oooh.

These same British we mention. I guess it was brought to them via France, Italy or something.

Yet, the British have their own ANGLICAN church which was created in part to separate them from the Catholic Church of most of mainland Europe.

So even the British that you want to do "follow-follow" for didn't do "follow-follow" when it came to their own Christianity.

You are just becoming petty! wink

Who said that the british started christianity or we should follow them?

Straw man sad
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear: The British died on the cross, to save our souls. So if they abandon Christianity, we should too grin cheesy

How petty.

I will leave you to enjoy your butthurt and strawman argument!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by ibedun: 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
christ is false hope period!

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
Christ is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2012
here we go again...this poster just keeps churning out crap..so now we know Britain is his yardstick for his realities and oh I forget he hates GOD so badly, he will say anything to justify the emptiness in his soul...Now I find myself trying to educate you lately, Christianity originated from the land of Israel and Christians where first called " Christians" in Antioch...just as the wind blows the 4 corners of the earth, Christianity Spread...whatever it is you understand as christianity, it is a function of your warped mind... now I find the false intellectualism of you and your ilk appalling..so once again you made the front page, cheers to you.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear: The British died on the cross, to save our souls. So if they abandon Christianity, we should too grin cheesy

And Jesus died on the cross to save your soul? Is that what he told you?

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
PastelChic: here we go again...this poster just keeps churning out crap..so now we know Britain is his yardstick for his realities and oh I forget he hates GOD so badly, he will say anything to justify the emptiness in his soul...Now I find myself trying to educate you lately, Christianity originated from the land of Israel and Christians where first called " Christians" in Antioch...just as the wind blows the 4 corners of the earth, Christianity Spread...whatever it is you understand as christianity, it is a function of your warped mind... now I find the false intellectualism of you and your ilk appalling..so once again you made the front page, cheers to you.

Why so angry? grin grin

Look babe,

Atheism is the disbelief in God and not the hatred of god.

No one saying you should follow Britian into oblivion. The aim of the thread is to get christian peeps like you to ask why did Britain drop christianity? Why?

After answering that question look at Nigeria and then ask if christianity benefits Naija?

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
all of ya'al saying d most religious countries don't progress , that's not very true, check out Saudi, qatar, kuwait,etc these countries have zero tolerance form of corruption and crime.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
PastelChic: here we go again...this poster just keeps churning out crap..so now we know Britain is his yardstick for his realities and oh I forget he hates GOD so badly, he will say anything to justify the emptiness in his soul...Now I find myself trying to educate you lately, Christianity originated from the land of Israel and Christians where first called " Christians" in Antioch...just as the wind blows the 4 corners of the earth, Christianity Spread...whatever it is you understand as christianity, it is a function of your warped mind... now I find the false intellectualism of you and your ilk appalling..so once again you made the front page, cheers to you.

How do you know these stories true? There is no god anywhere!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2012

If anyone displayed even an iota of "False Intellectualism" it was You and not @logicboy03. Name dropping "Antioch" and that silly quote about the "4 corners of the earth" doesnt make seem any more intelligent.

Argue and debate him in a practical manner. I can see him ripping you a new one if he has his facts and figures straight.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
shol: all of ya'al saying d most religious countries don't progress , that's not very true, check out Saudi, qatar, kuwait,etc these countries have zero tolerance form of corruption and crime.

And what religion do those countries you name overwhelmingly practice?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tevinsolt: 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
Dumb as hell.......there were churches in north and east Africa thousands of years before it became widespread in europe.....Jesus was a Jewish man not a briton shocked, must you follow everything Britain does?

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by ektbear: 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
kingoflag:

And Jesus died on the cross to save your soul? Is that what he told you?

How is that relevant? This thread is not about debating the truth of verses in the Bible, is it?

That is neither here nor there.

My point is, the British certainly did not die on any cross to save my soul grin

So wetin concern me with them and what they do?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Zab: 6:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]ANOTHER EURO-CENTRIC THINKING.WHY MUST NIGERIA DO WHAT BRITAIN DOES? WE KNOW ANGLICAN CHURCH BRITISH. WHY DIDN'T THE BRITISH FOLLOW CATHOLICISM THAT WAS BROUGHT TO THEM TILL DATE?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
tevinsolt: Dumb as hell.......there were churches in north and east Africa thousands of years before it became widespread in europe.....Jesus was a Jewish man not a briton shocked, must you follow everything Britain does?

Dude, keep quiet!

@Logicboy (I think) has already stated that he's talking about West African "Christians" (namely the extremely hypocritical Nigerian one) and not the orthodox churches of yore.

By the way, when will you tell your President to say "Amen" next time an anti-corruption prayer is said in church?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tevinsolt: 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
only ignorant, un-well rounded, delusional people would say Jesus didn't exist shocked with so much historical and archaeological evidence......an atheist is like a criminal finding a cop....nuff said!!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
shol: all of ya'al saying d most religious countries don't progress , that's not very true, check out Saudi, qatar, kuwait,etc these countries have zero tolerance form of corruption and crime.

See any muslim country here?

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
tevinsolt: only ignorant, un-well rounded, delusional people would say Jesus didn't exist shocked with so much historical and archaeological evidence......an atheist is like a criminal finding a cop....nuff said!!

Show one piece of archaeological evidence for Jesus, abeg!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear:

How is that relevant? This thread is not about debating the truth of verses in the Bible, is it?

That is neither here nor there.

My point is, the British certainly did not die on any cross to save my soul grin

So wetin concern me with them and what they do?

Its relevant because your doing "it" again.

You cant throw (for the lack of a more polite word) "Nonsense" wrapped in sarcasm into the ring then expect a logical and polite explanation in return.

Twice youve stated that the British did not die for your soul, and for the second time I'll ask you : IS THAT WHAT JESUS TOLD YOU?!?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2012
ea7: Right back at you. I said, what does the British dropping Christianity have to do with anything? This is such a trivial matter, it's better to use logic and empirical evidence to show them up than using this kind of reasoning. And it adds to the perception that you are st.upid as you are on yet another ID.
ea7 you are slowwly becoming my favorite atheist. you are a heathen but intelligent and with a mature mind

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by roteemee: 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2012
Even if u claim that there is no God but u would hve live a good life following the true Christian morals.so,what difference will it make?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 20, 2012
obadiah777: -----

As soon as I saw your username, a shiver went down my spine.

Must be like seeing a mad man on a one way street
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tevinsolt: 6:50pm On Oct 20, 2012
if you don't believe in God....you're life's meaningless, you are a product of primodial slime, complex biochemical molecules banging together (always in motion) with no free will, no morailty just pure rubbish cheesy wink grin

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by ektbear: 6:50pm On Oct 20, 2012
@kingoflag: It isn't nonsense. I don't understand why you have such difficulty comprehending it.

In Christianity, the relevant guy is Jesus Christ.

Not the British.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

As soon as I saw your username, a shiver went down my spine.

Must be like seeing a mad man on a one way street

thats an expected reaction. this is satans reactions when he sees a real man of God

2 Likes

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2012
roteemee: Even if u claim that there is no God but u would hve live a good life following the true Christian morals.so,what difference will it make?

What is this true christian morals?

<< 1 Corinthians 14:34 >>

New International Version (©1984)
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

<< Colossians 3:22 >>

New International Version (©1984)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
obadiah777: thats an expected reaction. this is satans reactions when he sees a real man of God

The prophet of doom has spoken! who am I to question him?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear: @kingoflag: It isn't nonsense. I don't understand why you have such difficulty comprehending it.

Not the British.

However Nigeria or West Africa were not relevant to Jesus.

"I came for the lost Sheep of Isreal"
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2012
tevinsolt: if you don't believe in God....you're life's meaningless, you are a product of primodial slime, complex biochemical molecules banging together (always in motion) with no free will, no morailty just pure rubbish cheesy wink grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/_t6rV3U9ZEHM/TPlNrROis0I/AAAAAAAA-TA/3FaewMi7X04/s1600/GoodWithoutGod.jpg[/img]
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
ekt_bear: @kingoflag: It isn't nonsense. I don't understand why you have such difficulty comprehending it.

Not the British.

Its nonsense because you tried to delve from the core of the debate and embrace sarcasm instead of an intelligent retort. You know why? Because most of you cannot defend,logically, that which you so wholeheartedly believe in. I have no problems with anyone's religious beliefs in so far as it doesnt harm me or affect the way of life of me and my loved ones. What I have a problem with is irrationality and the refusal to think outside the box because of beliefs that were handed to you by your slave masters. Beliefs that have done nothing but kept generations of you guys in mental bondage. To each is own, but its always best to see things from all angles.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by tevinsolt: 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Show one piece of archaeological evidence for Jesus, abeg!

42 people wrote about Jesus between his life time and 20 years after his death (both Jewish and secular historians), 5000 Greek manuscripts, 8000 latin manuscripts from early writing of the disciples.....the bible is historical accurate finding have shown the surrounding of Edomites and like recorded David's invasion, also it is believed Egypt recorded the invasion of Israel but was lost....i can't begin to count dude.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
LMAO< This really is rich! name dropping " Antioch" ha ha ha...if my style of writing..no wait, if what I am saying is beyond Your comprehension, all you need is ask for a simple explanation and no, i don't have to impress a bunch of faceless people on how intelligent I am...I only stated the obvious and thank you for making me aware that you are indeed another fool in the bandwagon...welcome to the show
kingoflag:

If anyone displayed even an iota of "False Intellectualism" it was You and not @logicboy03. Name dropping "Antioch" and that silly quote about the "4 corners of the earth" doesnt make seem any more intelligent.

Argue and debate him in a practical manner. I can see him ripping you a new one if he has his facts and figures straight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday / Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / CAC Members Fight Over Church Leadership(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.