Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? (17860 Views)

Breaking News :keke Riders Protesting In Asaba (pic) / Disabled Men And Women Protesting In PH Now / Okada Riders Protesting In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by olagamalin(m): 10:56am On Oct 22, 2012
CLIQBOY: when fashola start naw..ppl go dey complain..che na only lagos ban okada..what about imo,bayelsa and others?
silly
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by dapo338(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2012
Fashola is not banning Okadas, he is only restricting their movement... It is very unsave for a motorcycle to use the express way nah, let okadas return to their locality and not express way... It is a great problem now driving for Ojota to Ikorodu, watching out for thousands of okadas and pot holes..infact accident happens on that road daily. I support Fashola on this. No major highway, bridges etc

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by smarthG(f): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2012
The whole idea is not gonna go down well with Lagocians both the riders and their customers.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by takedat(m): 11:02am On Oct 22, 2012
The stench of hypocrisy hung in the air. If other states had banned Okada and no one raised objection to it why should we then condemn Lagos state for following suit. Does it mean if a state like Imo or Bayelsa bans okada, the riders should move to Lagos?

Okada business has been hijacked by people from Niger Rep. And Chad. The evil associated with Okada far outweighs its benefit.

Those complaining that the government should find alternative for them should tell GEJ to provide employment for those who had lost their jobs in banks and the unemployed. There is much need to improve our agricultural sector, they(rides) can return to their villages or learn a craft after all.

3 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 22, 2012
Some peeps need to travel the world...
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by omenziate(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2012
sheyie2007: Wait a minute! Is it by force you work in lagos? that state needs de-congestion abeg..if you want lasgidi government to achieve a mega city then this is a fantastic move.....quite unfortunate some people would have to go back to 'ijebu' grin

SMH at d level of ur inanity.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by thelastPope(m): 11:06am On Oct 22, 2012
WHY ARE THEY DESTROYING THEIR OKADAS

What kind of evil and callous human being destroys the property of the poor and downtrodden? This is strange in 2012! A time in history when the whole world is united in the idea of alleviating the plight of the masses, a man who calls himself a progressive and a good leader is destroying and crushing and burning their lifelong investment.

E NO GO BETTER FOR ALL OF UNA!

No problem. Election is not too far again. We will meet at the polls. Thank God votes now count!

7 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by JOXY(f): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2012
The Lagos State government means well, it is just that they have allowed the situation to get out of hand before tackling it. Had it been that these laws have been enforced from the onset when Okada was introduced as a means of transportation the Okada operators would have known the do's and don'ts and many of them operating now would not have ventured into the business.

You need to drive on the roads to understand what I am saying. Most of the Okada riders are very lawless. They don't care if they damage your car like their 'UNCLES' (danfo drivers)and their 'COUSINS' (keke Napep)they will always force their way through, and when they scratch or damage your car all they do is to beg you.

I do take Okada but not on the express way and when I do I am always at alert to direct the rider when the spirit of lawlessness wants to take over him.

Let us all commend the government for what it is doing to bring back sanity on our roads at least the rate of accidents will reduce.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by texazzpete(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2012
take dat: The stench of hypocrisy hung in the air. If other states had banned Okada and no one raised objection to it why should we then condemn Lagos state for following suit. Does it mean if a state like Imo or Bayelsa bans okada, the riders should move to Lagos?

Okada business has been hijacked by people from Niger Rep. And Chad. The evil associated with Okada far outweighs its benefit.

Those complaining that the government should find alternative for them should tell GEJ to provide employment for those who had lost their jobs in banks and the unemployed. There is much need to improve our agricultural sector, they(rides) can return to their villages or learn a craft after all.

Of all those states you mentioned, which of them has a third of the population of Lagos State? Which of them has a serious traffic issue?

My friend, get your brains working jor!
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 22, 2012
omenziate:

SMH at d level of ur inanity.
Quote me well sir
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by juicyinn: 11:08am On Oct 22, 2012
Make dem protest
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by texazzpete(m): 11:10am On Oct 22, 2012
JOXY:
You need to drive on the roads to understand what I am saying. Most of the Okada riders are very lawless. They don't care if they damage your car like their 'UNCLES' (danfo drivers)and their 'COUSINS' (keke Napep)they will always force their way through, and when they scratch or damage your car all they do is to beg you.

Well guess what? When Okadas are banned, those same passengers will take Keke and Molue. The number of Molues and Kekes will drastically increase...so where do you see your improvement in safety coming from?

I'm glad you drive on the roads. Get ready for more traffic jams as this lazy Government dallies on rail and water transport and still forces you lot to share the roads with those crazy Molue and keke folks.

I wish you goodluck and patience grin
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by eherbal(m): 11:11am On Oct 22, 2012
CLIQBOY: when fashola start naw..ppl go dey complain..che na only lagos ban okada..what about imo,bayelsa and others?
in akwa ibom,and some other states,they were given some sort of reprieve to cushion the effect of the aftermath
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by tonym1(m): 11:12am On Oct 22, 2012
Crazy idea to ban okada, serious crime will increase smiley
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by akeens1(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2012
An hungri man is an angry man . . . gve people Gud work 2 do . A gradute dat is not employed as 2 luk 4 alternative odawise +++++ nA hUnGrY go kiLL d person
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by playcharles(m): 11:15am On Oct 22, 2012
hypocrits....government did not banned okada, the only restrict them from plying some route....grow up all and stop the misunderstanding

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Omen100(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2012
take dat: The stench of hypocrisy hung in the air. If other states had banned Okada and no one raised objection to it why should we then condemn Lagos state for following suit. Does it mean if a state like Imo or Bayelsa bans okada, the riders should move to Lagos?

you just made my day with thanks.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by takedat(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2012
texazzpete:

Of all those states you mentioned, which of them has a third of the population of Lagos State? Which of them has a serious traffic issue?

My friend, get your brains working jor!
It is people like you who believe that unless you migrate to Lagos your standard of living won't improve. We need to discourage urban migration cos if everyone leaves his or her village to come to Lagos, then all the Government talk of improving the agricultural sector is zero.

Before Okada came to Lagos people were moving to and fro and if its banned people will still find their way.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by fm7070: 11:18am On Oct 22, 2012
this is serious.
Only God can save us in this country
Road is not good, there is no job and you're banning 'Okada'
e go baaaad oooooooo. Na small small robbery we dey see before, make everybody buckle up oooooo
I think government has so many things to put in place before banning okadas just like that
For example, get like 1000 okada riders and give them 'keke napep' upon deposit of 20%
However, I do not support the menace of 'okada' in Lagos. ranging from robbery to massive untimely death of people
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by thelastPope(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2012
JOXY:

Let us all commend the government for what it is doing to bring back sanity on our roads at least the rate of accidents will reduce.

What exactly are they doing? I watched the interview on how they want to open up the waterways and provide alternative transportation et all. I was so exited. That was 2004!!! Over 8 freaking years ago! Is it our grand children that will use the water ways? You just go and buy yellow paint to paint the road and come and tell us you have solved Lagos state traffic. Egg heads! Then you start to shun out propaganda after propaganda thru the Nation and TVC and LTV. You think we are fools abi? Stop planning a video game city and get down to real work and stop blaming Okada for your incompetence!

3 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by anonymoux: 11:21am On Oct 22, 2012
take dat: It is people like you who believe that unless you migrate to Lagos your standard of living won't improve. We need to discourage urban migration cos if everyone leaves his or her village to come to Lagos, then all the Government talk of improving the agricultural sector is zero..

Before Okada came to Lagos people were moving to and fro and if its banned people will still find their way.

First go back to your village and type from there, then maybe we will listen to you

4 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 22, 2012
take dat: It is people like you who believe that unless you migrate to Lagos your standard of living won't improve. We need to discourage urban migration cos if everyone leaves his or her village to come to Lagos, then all the Government talk of improving the agricultural sector is zero.

OMG! wat r u doin online u dis psychiatric patient in my clinic? what r u doin in the city u mor.on? are u nt fit for d same agricultural sector? how u take beta pass those wey dey village wit dis kind brain wey u carry? asnwer me! SHOUTS ANGRILY, answer me now b4 i giv u injection wey go kill u!

3 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by playcharles(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2012
Omen100:

you just made my day with thanks.

you spoke well jaree
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by buchibabe: 11:27am On Oct 22, 2012
Hmmm!!! Idi amin fashola ,Odikwa risky. If u think pple use okada to rob,den wait till its banned and see d gigantic level of criime rate eva recorded,this wil be so because a lot of ppple will be sent into d unemployment market.
In as much as megacity is fasholas dream project,he should also try to hv some conscience,u cannot drive dat huge percentage of pple into d risky wrld and expect ur dreAm to come true
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by takedat(m): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2012
anonymoux:

First go back to your village and type from there, then maybe we will listen to you
For your information I don't reside in Lagos and where I am Okada is banned. If you are tired of your unpleasant experience in Lagos hit your village. F*cking Lagos Looker.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by fredust(m): 11:29am On Oct 22, 2012
THANK GOD ACN NO WIN FOR ONDO STATE O, IF NOT DEM FOR KILL PERSON WITH LAWS...

5 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by thelastPope(m): 11:30am On Oct 22, 2012
take dat: It is people like you who believe that unless you migrate to Lagos your standard of living won't improve. We need to discourage urban migration cos if everyone leaves his or her village to come to Lagos, then all the Government talk of improving the agricultural sector is zero.

You and your fellow elitists are hypocrites! So you think everyone just came to lagos abi? People have been living here for up to 3 or 4 generations. I am sure you just came in from Ekiti like 5 years ago and you are talking urban migration. What do you know about migration. For your information, a majority of those who migrate to Lagos are relatives and dependants of those who already live here. People came here because it was the federal capital of Nigeria for decades. If Akwa Ibom or Jos was the capital for the same period, people will still have migrated there. Stop spewing this your Alausa elitist crap! And for the umpteenth time, stop destroying their Okadas. Give it back to them. Nazis!!!
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by success4(m): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2012
Naialand comments replete with S.E.N.T.I.M.E.N.T...
Restriction is NOT equal to Ban na! wink

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by takedat(m): 11:32am On Oct 22, 2012
Jenams: OMG! wat r u doin online u dis psychiatric patient in my clinic? what r u doin in the city u mor.on? are u nt fit for d same agricultural sector? how u take beta pass those wey dey village wit dis kind brain wey u carry? asnwer me! SHOUTS ANGRILY, answer me now!
You are starved of attention I understand.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by jhydebaba(m): 11:33am On Oct 22, 2012
Tinubu is angry!!!
Fashola is vexing!!!
Okada Riders are destroying BRT!!!
ACN is losing south west!!!
I dey laugh!!!
Really, Lagos is working!!!

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by dammytosh: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2012
It should start from high way and major roads

Put a time peg later

In a year time , you will have fewer Okada Riders to battle with.

Why the sudden arrest of Okada peeps on the road after announcement of Ondo Election ?

Na so una lose money abi Na dem make them lose election ?
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by freebloke: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2012
take dat: For your information I don't reside in Lagos and where I am Okada is banned. If you are tired of your unpleasant experience in Lagos hit your village. F*cking Lagos Looker.
bros, since u no dey lagos na leave people wey dey lagos with dia issues... Abi u wan drink melecine 4 anoda peson hed-ake?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Aregbesola Submits List Of Commissioners After Two Years In Government / Senate To Bar FIRS, Customs, NBC, 57 Others From Getting Federal Allocations / Tinubu Receives Delegation From The European Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.