Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,475 members, 7,836,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? (17859 Views)

Breaking News :keke Riders Protesting In Asaba (pic) / Disabled Men And Women Protesting In PH Now / Okada Riders Protesting In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Kayordey: 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
Thumbs up fash, for saving d pockets of relatives nd parents fm d okada linked accidents on our ever busy highway.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by takedat(m): 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
Dbl post
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by takedat(m): 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
Kayordey: Thumbs up fash, for saving d pockets of relatives nd parents fm d okada linked accidents on our ever busy highway.
Yes, less In-Patient at Igbobi and other Orthopaedic home.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Hearme(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
thelastPope:

You and your fellow elitists are hypocrites! So you think everyone just came to lagos abi? People have been living here for up to 3 or 4 generations. I am sure you just came in from Ekiti like 5 years ago and you are talking urban migration. What do you know about migration. For your information, a majority of those who migrate to Lagos are relatives and dependants of those who already live here. People came here because it was the federal capital of Nigeria for decades. If Akwa Ibom or Jos was the capital for the same period, people will still have migrated there. Stop spewing this your Alausa elitist crap! And for the umpteenth time, stop destroying their Okadas. Give it back to them. Nazis!!!

Why are they not migrating to Calabar? Was it not once a capital? Same Cross river has ban Okada riders. Must people live under your stair case and say they live in lagos. I really await the Lagos residence ID card by January.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by getfemmy(m): 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
Y should okada be banned nau. At-least they should be given an alternative nau.no jobs and the 1 they are havin as a means of livelihood is been seized. E jo oOo ijoba fashola ooo.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by emiye(m): 10:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
thelastPope:

At all at all now! Haba! How we go vex? We saw what people like your kind did to four students now at Aluu the other day so it isn't suprising anymore. If this your statement had come before the Aluu incident, the we might have been suprised. But the Aluu incident has opened our eyes to the wickedness in the country by arrogant and barbaric f00ls like you in postition of power who think they are some kind of god or something just like the Aluu crowd.

But you should not forget Lybia or Tunisia when you are oppressing the poor and downtrodden so that when your own starts, you won't be suprised too. Everyday for the thief! One day for the owner!!

@lost pope, you became lost on the "other thread" and resumed here to continue to spew thrash.

I will never support outright ban of Okada riders because the effect will be catastrophic on the high number of riders in Lagos. I have canvassed for this position strongly on previous related threads.

Be that as it may, they must be regulated, i trust an average nigerian, (s)he believes a new law is just a joke that can not be implemented, except brute force is applied initially, some certain laws can not be implemented in Nigeria.
it is clear in the new traffic law, if your bike is caught, it will be confiscated.

Once the bike has been confiscated, it ceases to belong to the owner, Government then decides on what to do with it.
If Government burns it, auction it, crush it, or ,,,,,,,, It doesnt matter any longer.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by jhydebaba(m): 11:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
Omen100:

you are just a bedwetting brainless gay, how does my silence on other issues affected your pathetic bedwetting circumstances, dude help yourself by going back to the hell of abyss where you originated from.
Ur fada!!!
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by lanrefront1(m): 12:14am On Oct 23, 2012
emiye:

@lost pope, you became lost on the "other thread" and resumed here to continue to spew thrash.

I will never support outright ban of Okada riders because the effect will be catastrophic on the high number of riders in Lagos. I have canvassed for this position strongly on previous related threads.

Be that as it may, they must be regulated, i trust an average nigerian, (s)he believes a new law is just a joke that can not be implemented, except brute force is applied initially, some certain laws can not be implemented in Nigeria.
it is clear in the new traffic law, if your bike is caught, it will be confiscated.

Once the bike has been confiscated, it ceases to belong to the owner, Government then decides on what to do with it.
If Government burns it, auction it, crush it, or ,,,,,,,, It doesnt matter any longer.

My brother, maybe you are actually correct, but pray, please do tell us why this brute force is not being applied to the Abgeros and Touts forcefully collecting money from commercial buses, bikes and Maruwas all over the state. The new traffic law clearly criminalize their activities, yet government is just letting them be.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Iolo(m): 12:21am On Oct 23, 2012
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: @lolo, the BRT service was extremely necessary and, while i admit it was squeezed into an already congested road, i must say i have no regrets about it. Fashola's only option would have been to expand the road, which would have been quite expensive and would have involved a whole lot of demolition as most of the buildings along the stretch from western avenue all the way to Ketu virtually hug the road. not to talk of the internet warriors that would come here to declare fashola the demolishing dictator.

You have a strong point. But I never liked the idea of limiting lanes exclusively for BRT buses.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Joshcoli(m): 6:20am On Oct 23, 2012
Probably people on NL are not facing reality, transport fair was greatly inflated yesterday, imagine from ikeja along to egbeda was 500 from 100 and no buses to even convey people, people where trecking from ikeja along to dopemu under bridge, banning of okadas on the express is entirely not a bad idea but what has the government done to coverup for the okadas, I feel this is not the right time for okada bans,
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Akanbiedu(m): 7:11am On Oct 23, 2012
Sometimes I just pity Lagos. Country is not moving well and Lagos has to suffer for incompetence at the federal level.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by olawaleoje(m): 7:28am On Oct 23, 2012
Kabikala: Lagos State did not ban Okada. They only limited their areas and times of operation which makes sense in a city like Lagos. You only need to visit an Orthopaedic Ward in major Nigerian cities to know the number of lives that have been ruined by Okada. I support Lagos State in stopping Okada riders from plying major roads and operating at night.

Its not just major roads. Its on every road and none could work yesterday. Vans are on ground packing bike.they are saying abt 500 but its not soo. Its like total banned.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 23, 2012
a friend who broke a femur bone to okada accident narrated his experience at Igbobi.
He said 95% of people there are as a result of okada accidents and that new patients arrive there daily

he told the story of a guy who woke up after 2 days coma, only to be told his right arm broke in 3 places, his right leg broke also in 5 places,
on hearing the story, the guy died instantly.

He said it was like his spirit came back only to check if the body can still be pieced together and reusable
on knowing the status, he left his body.
even the okada rider survived the accident with just a broken radius bone
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Pasblack(m): 8:37am On Oct 23, 2012
CLIQBOY: when fashola start naw..ppl go dey complain..che na only lagos ban okada..what about imo,bayelsa and others?
U can't compare lagos with any other state in d federation. How many hold up do u av else where? As at 2006 there are 20 vehicles per kilometer while lagos has 222 per kilometer. So many pple depend on bikes if de av to beat time to resume at work not because de dont av cars. . . . . . .
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by mustspin: 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
Pasblack:
U can't compare lagos with any other state in d federation. How many hold up do u av else where? As at 2006 there are 20 vehicles per kilometer while lagos has 222 per kilometer. So many pple depend on bikes if de av to beat time to resume at work not because de dont av cars. . . . . . .
is that enough justification to continue to let people die and break legs on the highway everyday
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by aribisala0(m): 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
so many people "DEPEND" on Igbo,paraga,sepe ogogoro etc does not make it right
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Chykeba(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2012
it is going to increase the rate of robbery
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? by Shadydamsel(f): 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
CLIQBOY: when fashola start naw..ppl go dey complain..che na only lagos ban okada..what about imo,bayelsa and others?
C u, are u try to compare kagos to all those state u mentioned.

u worry wen work no dey for okad guys again, u go also suffer for d robbery dat will start

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri Receives Dr. Maduka, Commends His Achievements In Diaspora, Nigeria / Tinubu Receives Delegation From The European Union / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Labour Threatens To Mobilise Workers Against Tinubu Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.