Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? (3983 Views)

Exposed: “Why Girls Play Hard To Get & How To Make Them Not Do It Around You" / How Do I Play Hard To Get When He's The One Playing Hard To Get? / Why Do Ladies Play Hard To Get? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by rilla64: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2008
A lot of ladies play hard to get and generally make us guys go through a lot of trouble to prove ourselves even when they are secretly, deep down crazy in love with the guy. Take for instance this girl my pal had been toasting but was fronting for my guy. One day he finds her diary and reads it, to his greatest surprise his name is all over her diary as the love of her life. Turns out she was crazy about but was acting quite the opposite. Ladies, do you front? if so, why?
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Luckygal99(f): 2:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
Its not playing hard to get. We are just trying to be reasonable & down to earth.

Reason:

1. We are not sure how serious you are at the beginning. We'd like to remind ourselves to keep our head cool & steady in case it doesn't work out. We won't feel that bad.
2. We don't want to be seen as too eager & desperate. We also don't want the guys to be too overly eager. It makes us go 'eeeewwwwwwwwwww, !' & run the opposite way as fast as our legs can carry us. I think the guys would do the same if a girl comes on too strong. We don't even know each other yet, don't profess to get the moon for us!! Give each other some space.
3. In my opinion, we don't want to be taken for granted & treated like doormats. How would you feel if you get to pay EVERY time? Or you're expected to be at beck & call?
4. We are all putting our pride on the line in love. Its a huge emotional risk for us all. Some are risk takers, some aren't.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by yme1(f): 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2009
if we dont play hard you guys will say we are cheap, if we play hard you guys will end up saying we form too much.Wetin una want make we do now
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Macgreat(m): 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ y me, be very open smiley
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by yme1(f): 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2009
me am open o
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by iice(f): 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2009
@Topic
I don't play hard to get. I am difficult cool.
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by oluwafemi113(m): 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2009
iice:

@Topic
I don't play hard to get. I am difficult cool.

ok i`ll try you to find out if you are difficult
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by xavier3(m): 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2009
y me:

if we dont play hard you guys will say we are cheap, if we play hard you guys will end up saying we form too much.Wetin una want make we do now

we want u ladies to mello, u know just be average instead of taking it too far
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by lancevader(m): 9:37pm On Mar 14, 2009
love this topic and this thread yu guys in here are doing a great job
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by segzicres(m): 10:42pm On Mar 14, 2009
shey were shey were.
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:54pm On Mar 14, 2009
I don't play hard to get but I am just principled. I guess some guyz mistake dat as playing hard to get by assuming all ladies form. Anyway, I alwayz prove dem wrong by maintaining my NO till the end. :-D
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Czarskit(m): 12:30am On Mar 15, 2009
I rily don't c anytin wrong wit d ladies playing hard to get, as long as they don't over-do it. Some av lost their soul mates due to excess forming.

Too much of anytin is baaad. . .
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by cece84(f): 6:16am On Mar 15, 2009
sure
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Gabry(f): 7:23am On Mar 15, 2009
The thing here is that when we ladies do not play hard to get, most men will think that we are cheap prostitutes. . . Even seeing the number of threadsaround here saying that girls whom give in easily are cheap has said it all. . . And when we play hard to get, you guys also dey complain. What do you want from us by the way? It seems to me that everything a lady has to do is always wrong.
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by ikshevic(m): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2009
Wat i know is dis,let all ladies seek God 4 wisdom and revelatn 2 see right man wen he comes.Not every time u'll b using ur understandin abt men 2 play hard on dem. Ðere are still men out there who hav not defile demselves
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by chukz4real(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2009
To me, no lady plays hard to get. It all depends on the approach from the guy' end. I prefer being friendly, show her how I care for her and allow every other intimate move to come from her. Thats all.
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 15, 2009
To me,i dont feel any girl is hard to get,if u drop ur lines well n play u dubb smoothly,she go fall.Except u no get dem lyrics.Some people will say a girl is hard to get,whereas a guy from d other end de high her seriously.Guys abeg,run shows wit d babe,if she no gree,then u blank.NO FALL UR HAND
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by iice(f): 10:11am On Mar 15, 2009
oluwafemi113:

ok i`ll try you to find out if you are difficult

Am not a toy for you to try undecided
But give it your best shot.  .  .Hercules didn't even make it past hello cool

And just to make it clear when i say i am difficult, i don't mean difficult as in 'playing' hard to get.
Whether you get or no get me, i am difficult cool
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by pauloman(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2009
Wedas bein dificult,playin had2get r formin-2me its imatur.gals jus b sincere&open abt ur feelins&d matur guy wil get it
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 15, 2009
iice:

Am not a toy for you to try undecided
But give it your best shot. . .Hercules didn't even make it past hello cool

And just to make it clear when i say i am difficult, i don't mean difficult as in 'playing' hard to get.
Whether you get or no get me, i am difficult cool

Is difficulty a virtue?

Never believed in playing hard to get for the one you like.
That is not to say one shouldn't have dignity and self respect
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by iice(f): 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2009
BlueDiva:

Is difficulty a virtue?

Probably not to the majority cheesy
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by dammit4u(m): 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2009
girlz who play hard 2 get ar only tryin 2 investigate if d guy has money 2 spend nd if he can pound dem so hard. (N.B. ask a lady 2 define a real man).
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by eyonigger(m): 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2009
iice, I have had the same thought about u being a difficult person to get, my thoughts dnt get me wrong, never seen ur pic, dnt know nada bout u, but seeing ur posts attimes gives me that impression. U must be a hottie.

Anyway, if gurl no form for me, I no go lyk am, bt if the forming becomes too much, I go free sharp sharp.
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by iice(f): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2009
eyonigger:

iice, I have had the same thought about u being a difficult person to get, my thoughts dnt get me wrong, never seen ur pic, dnt know nada bout u, but seeing ur posts attimes gives me that impression. U must be a hottie.

Anyway, if gurl no form for me, I no go lyk am, bt if the forming becomes too much, I go free sharp sharp.

Well your thoughts are on track.
As to hottie, yes i must say my glowing green skin is attractive, my warts and buck teeth are a sight to behold.  .  . i don't want to give away more details.  .  .next thing i know, people be asking me for my brand of lotion grin
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by segzicres(m): 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2009
shey ware shey ware
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by demystify(f): 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2009
Every rational being gotta put lot of things into thought before u agree to a relationship.
You don't just jump into it like a hired cab.

I won't play hard to get if i like you, but i gotta think deep first.
some of my male friends think am a bouncer, but heck my no will always be no if the clique isn't there.
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by cyanider: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2009
Even prostitutes diz dayz are d most difficult to get in friendship cuz they believe in there world and neva will like any standard guy who must always question their way-abouts.They always like being free from intimate relationship to avoid querry from whom it may concern.CYANIDER.
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2009

@ topic

Good things usually don't come easily.
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Treetop20(m): 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2009
stillwater:

@ topic

Good things usually don't come easily.
always never comes easy
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Frizy(m): 10:14pm On Mar 15, 2009
A lot of ladies play hard to get and generally make us guys go through a lot of trouble to prove ourselves even when they are secretly, deep down crazy in love with the guy. Take for instance this girl my pal had been toasting but was fronting for my guy. One day he finds her diary and reads it, to his greatest surprise his name is all over her diary as the love of her life. Turns out she was crazy about but was acting quite the opposite. Ladies, do you front? if so, why?

Pardon me, I think it is just Nigerian women. Americans are not like that, neither are Arabs. If they love you, no need to make forms.
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by eyonigger(m): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2009
iice, I gota have u, where iz u located hottie?
Re: Ladies, Do You Play Hard To Get? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:40pm On Mar 16, 2009
I don't see what d big deal is. Why should u play hard to get. It's either u are interested or not. If u like d chap, but u aint ready to date him cos u wanna know him more, then tell him straight as it is. Tell him u prefer to be his friend while u watch how things go. If you don't like him and u dont wanna go ahead with it, then tell him as nicely as u can. No point trying to be difficult or playing hard to get.

A lot of babes give guyz d wrong impression by fronting. Most guyz believe that when a lady says NO then she means yes secretly . . . rubbish

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Are Afriad Of Me because Of My Big Chest. / ...she Wants Sex But Do Not Want Having Relationship! / 7 Painful/ Annoying Reasons Some Ladies Are STILL Single!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.