Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (117412 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
@ijawkid

Where in the bible is sola bible taught?what is the origin of these man made doctrine?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
chukwudi44: @ijawkid

Where in the bible is sola bible taught?what is the origin of these man made doctrine?

Chukwu has come with his solar system question.....

Answer my question first...

Is the rosary found in the scriptures or was it used by early christians in worship??

Did they use beads in worship??
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2012
chukwudi44:

Ol boy go siddon joor.u no get talk.your arguments are always inconsistent

They are consistent...

You are the inconsistent fellow that always allow paganism becloud your scriptural thoughts....
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: even in d lords prayer there is 'prayer of praise" there. What is "hallowed b thy name" if it isnt praise? So in ur village praise isnt a type of prayer?

Have you heard some thing like this before "every water is liquid but not every liquid is water." I want you to start thinking like that atimes.

Go back to chemistry and learn separation techniques. Then you can now tell which one is prayer and which one is praise.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: open ur bible to rev, u will find them doing their "holy,holy holy" yet u are telling me that any repetition is pagan.

Did it say the angels prayed "holy holy holy?"
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 6:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
I have a feeling Boomark is just trying to make us laugh.

As for me -ve decided to just read his posts and laugh...as I'd do at a comedy show.

So can you define PRAYER for us...

So that we can know what it is.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
italo: I have a feeling Boomark is just trying to make us laugh.

As for me -ve decided to just read his posts and laugh...as I'd do at a comedy show.

So can you define PRAYER for us...

So that we can know what it is.

what did Christ say prayer is and how did he teach you to do it?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
ijawkid:

Is the rosary found in the scriptures or was it used by early christians in worship??

Ol boy where did I mention solar system? What I am talking about is sola bible which simple means bible alone doctrine.

You are predicating your argument that the rosary is wrong simply because it is not in the bible.so my point goes thus; where is this doctrine of bible alone taught in the bible? Is there any scriptural backing for this doctrine?

Did the biblical authours believe in this doctrine?

Is martin luther not the originator of these doctrine?

The catholic,orthodox and indeed all apostolic churches do not subscribe to these doctrine.It is simply a doctrine which fails to proove itself
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
chukwudi44:

Ol boy where did I mention solar system? What I am talking about is sola bible which simple means bible alone doctrine.

You are predicating your argument that the rosary is wrong simply because it is not in the bible.so my point goes thus; where is this doctrine of bible alone taught in the bible? Is there any scriptural backing for this doctrine?

Did the biblical authours believe in this doctrine?

Is martin luther not the originator of these doctrine?

The catholic,orthodox and indeed all apostolic churches do not subscribe to these doctrine.It is simply a doctrine which fails to proove itself

I was just being sarcastic....

The word sola just reminded me of the solar system....lol...

So back to the sola bible issue.......

if you won't base your doctrines on the scriptures then on what would you base it??..

Now I see why you guys resorted to hijacking paganism...

Is that not it??....

Now can you kindly tell me if the apostles used the rosary or beads in worship....

That's what I've been asking....

Let's read ephesians 2:19,20
Ephesians 2:19-20
New International Version (NIV)
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners
and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s
people and also members of his household,
20 built on the foundation of the apostles and
prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the
chief cornerstone.
------------------------------------------------
You guys forget that our foundation is suppose to be on the prophets,the apostles and Jesus(the chief corner stone)...

Anything that has its origin outside this foundation is spurious....

Hope you now see why the scriptures should be our final authority and not some pagan cherry picked practices......

Even Jesus quoted from the scriptures to show prove pertinent points on worship...

I wonder why you guys should move outside the confines of the scriptures to explain ""worship""....

For the final time:::

DID THE PROPHETS,JESUS and the APOSTLES use prayer beads in worship??

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
ijawkid:

I was just being sarcastic....

The word sola just reminded me of the solar system....lol...

So back to the sola bible issue.......

if you won't base your doctrines on the scriptures then on what would you base it??..

Now I see why you guys resorted to hijacking paganism...

Is that not it??....

Now can you kindly tell me if the apostles used the rosary or beads in worship....

That's what I've been asking....

Let's read ephesians 2:19,20
Ephesians 2:19-20
New International Version (NIV)
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners
and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s
people and also members of his household,
20 built on the foundation of the apostles and
prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the
chief cornerstone.
------------------------------------------------
You guys forget that our foundation is suppose to be on the prophets,the apostles and Jesus(the chief corner stone)...

Anything that has its origin outside this foundation is spurious....

Hope you now see why the scriptures should be our final authority and not some pagan cherry picked practices......

Even Jesus quoted from the scriptures to show prove pertinent points on worship...

I wonder why you guys should move outside the confines of the scriptures to explain ""worship""....

For the final time:::

DID THE PROPHETS,JESUS and the APOSTLES use prayer beads in worship??

You can't force your sola bible doctrine on me.I cannot be bound by your man made doctrines.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
ijawkid:

The last time I checked ""Truths"" were found in the scriptures......can I find the use of beads in worship in the scriptures??..
show me where the word "bible" and d phase "kingdom hall" is found in scriptures then i will b interested in the joke u wrote above

And who told you the Jews never knew how the messiah would come .....
they are still waiting for him

Those same Jews had earlier known how. Angels materialized and was welcomed by there fore-fathers........

Christ isn't fake,that is why the scriptures talked about Him....
Does the scripture say anything about the rosary??..
Mr ""UBE"".....:-)
does d scriptures say anything about "kingdom halls" and "bible"?
Did u lose ur logic hat somewhere so that u nolonger know wen ur arguement is illogical?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
ijawkid:

first of all what is ur definition of "early"?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
Even you cannot proove your sola bible doctrine then there is no basis for your argument so asking me to show you anything does not even arise.

Even Jesus himself quoted outside the bible when he spoke about the murder of the prophet zechariah.So many other biblical authours quoted outside the bible or even referred to books outside the bible.

Simple put the concept of sola bible has no logical or scriptural basis
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
Boomark:

Have you heard some thing like this before "every water is liquid but not every liquid is water." I want you to start thinking like that atimes.

Go back to chemistry and learn separation techniques. Then you can now tell which one is prayer and which one is praise.
hahaha, and praise isnt prayer?? Now i know u are incapable of the truth. It is a waste of time to discuss with you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
chukwudi44:

You can't force your sola bible doctrine on me.I cannot be bound by your man made doctrines.

I'm not forcing it on you....

Keep swimming in paganism ......
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: first of all what is ur definition of "early"?

1st century christians.......

Don't act like you don't know what I mean.....
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
chukwudi44: Even you cannot proove your sola bible doctrine then there is no basis for your argument so asking me to show you anything does not even arise.

Even Jesus himself quoted outside the bible when he spoke about the murder of the prophet zechariah.So many other biblical authours quoted outside the bible or even referred to books outside the bible.

Simple put the concept of sola bible has no logical or scriptural basis

Jesus talked about the death of prophet zechariah.......

and that was a tradition Jesus adopted from pagans??........

How does that even relate to your using the rosary in worship.....??..

Jesus quoted from the law to buttress his points on worship....

Jesus didn't snatch a pagan practice to worship his Father.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: show me where the word "bible" and d phase "kingdom hall" is found in scriptures then i will b interested in the joke u wrote above

they are still waiting for him

does d scriptures say anything about "kingdom halls" and "bible"?
Did u lose ur logic hat somewhere so that u nolonger know wen ur arguement is illogical?

How does this question relate to you and your cohorts bowing down to marys image and using prayer beads??...

The length at which you guys go to defend paganism baffles me.....

SMH!!!!.....

The word ""kingdom"" is in the bible.....that's were the word kingdom hall was coined out from.....as for the word ""hall"" I hope you know what it means.....

The word bible is not in the bible,but the word ""scriptures"" is in the scriptures.....

Thank you....

Can we find a trace of the use of beads in worship amongst servants of old who worshipped God??....
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, and praise isnt prayer?? Now i know u are incapable of the truth. It is a waste of time to discuss with you.

And catholics are capable of abiding in pagan truth. Go and learn from the model of prayer-our lords prayers.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
ijawkid:

1st century christians.......

Don't act like you don't know what I mean.....

those guy didnt have a bible, nor a "kingdom hall" so why do u have a bible?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
ijawkid:

How does this question relate to you and your cohorts bowing down to marys image and using prayer beads??...
bowing to an image we learnt from joshua as 4 prayer bead it developed just d way scriptures did.

The length at which you guys go to defend paganism baffles me.....

SMH!!!!.....

The word ""kingdom"" is in the bible.....that's were the word kingdom hall was coined out from.....as for the word ""hall"" I hope you know what it means.....

The word bible is not in the bible,but the word ""scriptures"" is in the scriptures.....
Thank you....
Can we find a trace of the use of beads in worship amongst servants of old who worshipped God??....
atlast u still havent showed me d phase "kingdom hall" u only talked of kingdom prayer is found in d bible too. U still havent showed me d word bible in d bible.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hail Mary full of grace...amen.

O baal, hear us!
O baal, hear us!
O baal, hear us!
O baal, hear us!

This is what is called vain repetition. Catholics should change from their pagan ways and turn to Christ.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
Boomark:

And catholics are capable of abiding in pagan truth. Go and learn from the model of prayer-our lords prayers.
u shuld repeat that to urselve again. I just remembered u are not aware that praise is prayer
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: those guy didnt have a bible, nor a "kingdom hall" so why do u have a bible?

Those guys you are talking about were amongst the individuals who penned down Gods word down for us to read......

They had the books of the prophets and the law with them....

Jesus read from them.......

Abi na physics textbook Jesus read??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 8:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
Boomark: Hail Mary full of grace...amen.

O baal, hear us!
O baal, hear us!
O baal, hear us!
O baal, hear us!

This is what is called vain repetition. Catholics should change from their pagan ways and turn to Christ.

I still can't fathom what mary is doing in the prayers of professed christians......

If I ask if this was the pattern the apostles adopted,mr UBE and his colleagues will ask me about sola bible...

SMH!!!!.....
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: bowing to an image we learnt from joshua as 4 prayer bead it developed just d way scriptures did.

SMH!!!!....

Did Joshua your mentor also use beads too in worship??....

So the development that saw the need of using prayer beads in worship escaped the notice of all servants of God in the past including the apostles and Jesus,but was discovered by UBE and his coLleagues...

Sorry my brother...

we've exposed what led to that development.....love for pagan practices(paganism) is what led to it......

The buddhists and muslims set that pattern for you guys and not the holy spirit or the apostles who worshipped God in spirit and in truth...

Did you read that ephesians 2:19,20 I quoted??...

It seems you dodged it....

Ubenedictus:
atlast u still havent showed me d phase "kingdom hall" u only talked of kingdom prayer is found in d bible too. U still havent showed me d word bible in d bible.

I used the term ""scriptures""...

Can we define the word ""bible"".??....

Let's define it....oya......
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
ijawkid:

Those guys you are talking about were amongst the individuals who penned down Gods word down for us to read......

They had the books of the prophets and the law with them....

Jesus read from them.......

Abi na physics textbook Jesus read??

so d Jesus of ur kingdom hall read a new testament book? Tell me another joke!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
ijawkid:

SMH!!!!....

Did Joshua your mentor also use beads too in worship??....

So the development that saw the need of using prayer beads in worship escaped the notice of all servants of God in the past including the apostles and Jesus,but was discovered by UBE and his coLleagues...

Sorry my brother...

we've exposed what led to that development.....love for pagan practices(paganism) is what led to it......

The buddhists and muslims set that pattern for you guys and not the holy spirit or the apostles who worshipped God in spirit and in truth...

Did you read that ephesians 2:19,20 I quoted??...

It seems you dodged it....

I used the term ""scriptures""...

Can we define the word ""bible"".??....

Let's define it....oya......

this joke is expire, tell me a new one.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: bowing to an image we learnt from joshua as 4 prayer bead it developed just d way scriptures did.

Whose image are you bowing to?

How did the scriptures develop? From thin air.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:25am On Nov 06, 2012
Boomark:

Whose image are you bowing to?

How did the scriptures develop? From thin air.
mtcheew so u dont know how to b quiet wen u have nothing to say??
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: mtcheew so u dont know how to b quiet wen u have nothing to say??

Is it difficult to tell me that you bow to idol since since Joshua is now you leader? You don't know how hide from it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
Boomark:

Is it difficult to tell me that you bow to idol since since Joshua is now you leader? You don't know how hide from it.
now u want to tell me what i blive. Really?? Abi joshua is also a idol worshipper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.