Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (117176 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Lawconfessor(f): 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
uy plus: Would luv 2knw y cathlcs bow to mary's statue, and pray repetetive prayers with da rosary, which the bible condemns.. Is bowin to a statue nt idolatry pls??

@op, gud question. Catholics bowin to statue? Y did God ask moses to construct a snake similar to d ones dt wz bitten d ppl of isreal n hang it so dat any1 dt luk unto it will be saved. Can't God save dem direct?

Y dd God request for d building of d "ark of d covenant" manifesting his power n glory tru it. Y not give dem victory in battles straight frm heaven. We honour d mother of Jesus the saviour. Not idol
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: now u want to tell me what i blive. Really?? Abi joshua is also a idol worshipper.

You want me to forget the question i asked you and focus on Joshua so you can accuse me of having low memory. I no gree.

If you are not ashamed of the cross, symbol of catholic Christianity answer these questions.

1 Whose carved image is on the cross you bow to?
2 How do you mean the scriptures developed the same way rosary did?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ol boy stop dodging his question.

Are Joshua,moses,solomon e.t.c idol worshippers ?

If I must answer your question Jesus's images are displayed on roman catholic churches worldwide.

To your second question,every elementary student of church history would know that the bible did not exist until the fourth century CE.The canon of the scriptures which l8 became the bible were dcided almost four centirities later @ the synod of hippo 393 CE and council of carthage ion 397CE
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 8:14am On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44: Ol boy stop dodging his question.

Are Joshua,moses,solomon e.t.c idol worshippers ?

If I must answer your question Jesus's images are displayed on roman catholic churches worldwide.

To your second question,every elementary student of church history would know that the bible did not exist until the fourth century CE.The canon of the scriptures which l8 became the bible were dcided almost four centirities later @ the synod of hippo 393 CE and council of carthage ion 397CE

They are not idol worshipers but those that images any how, without instructions and guidance from God are worshipping idol.

The images you are talking about are they the same everywhere? How did they get Christ picture in the first place?

The Scriptures contains the word of God and it is inspired by the Holyspirit. It is not inspired by a synod.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Rich4god(m): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2012
Boomark:

They are not idol worshipers but those that images any how, without instructions and guidance from God are worshipping idol.

The images you are talking about are they the same everywhere? How did they get Christ picture in the first place?

The Scriptures contains the word of God and it is inspired by the Holyspirit. It is not inspired by a synod.
Kant Stop laughing...
How did you know that the Holy Spirit didnt inspire the synod.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 07, 2012
Boomark:

So are you saying God is using double standards ni? How can he ask people to make images and punish another for doing same.Ol man abeg use your brain naa
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 07, 2012
If the holy spirit did not inspire these synods then why are you using the bible produced by these synods?
Do you think the books in the bibe were the only scriptures in circulation?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:38am On Nov 07, 2012
Rich4god:
Kant Stop laughing...
How did you know that the Holy Spirit didnt inspire the synod.

The Holyspirit cannot inspire people to worship idol.

SMH!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:47am On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44: If the holy spirit did not inspire these synods then why are you using the bible produced by these synods?
Do you think the books in the bibe were the only scriptures in circulation?

The word of God is not produced by synod. Or did they tell you the bible is the word of synod?

Of course there are stories of people worshiping baal and the queen of heaven in the bible. Seems they are what inspired your belief.

SMH!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
Boomark:

The word of God is not produced by synod. Or did they tell you the bible is the word of synod?

Of course there are stories of people worshiping baal and the queen of heaven in the bible. Seems they are what inspired your belief.

SMH!

Hahahaha how do you know the books to be read as scripture? It was simple because this synod told you so.The entire gospels and some other gospels were anonymous .Their canonicity and authours were only sourced through sacred tradition.

Why don't you quote other books like enoch,jubiless e.t.c that were not canonised by these church councils
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
chukwudi44:

Hahahaha how do you know the books to be read as scripture? It was simple because this synod told you so.The entire gospels and some other gospels were anonymous .Their canonicity and authours were only sourced through sacred tradition.

Why don't you quote other books like enoch,jubiless e.t.c that were not canonised by these church councils
it is a pity protestants are ignorant of how the bible came about. They need a little history class.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Rich4god(m): 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2012
Boomark:

The Holyspirit cannot inspire people to worship idol.

SMH!
grin grin grin grin lol...
But God inpired Moses to build a statue...
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by BERNIMOORE: 12:35am On Nov 08, 2012
@law-conffessor

@op, gud question. Catholics bowin to statue? Y did God ask moses to construct a snake similar to d ones dt wz bitten d ppl of isreal n hang it so dat any1 dt luk unto it will be saved. Can't God save dem direct?

1,Because God possess the exclusive power (unchallenged power) to give an order,without consulting anybody including catholics!
2,there was an 'emergency' that warrant the order!
3,There was a command directing isrealite to do so from God!and because God is 'a jealous God'(exodus) who does not permit anyone to give order without his permmission! the catholic erred by putting law into their own hands creating images without Gods consent and permmission! okay? he is unaccountable to anyone,and unquestionable!

Y dd God request for d building of d "ark of d covenant" manifesting his power n glory tru it. Y not give dem victory in battles straight frm heaven. We honour d mother of Jesus the saviour. Not idol

Gods exclusive power is unchallenged, but creating idols of mary without 'Gods command' is an embarrassement that bellitles God' catholics erred by putting the law in their own hands! ok?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2012
Rich4god:
grin grin grin grin lol...
But God inpired Moses to build a statue...

What is keeping you from buying a copy of that bronze snake and worshiping it? You must have been missing a lot without it, especially the healing power.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 7:18am On Nov 08, 2012
BERNIMOORE: @law-conffessor

1,Because God possess the exclusive power (unchallenged power) to give an order,without consulting anybody including catholics!
2,there was an 'emergency' that warrant the order!
3,There was a command directing isrealite to do so from God!and because God is 'a jealous God'(exodus) who does not permit anyone to give order without his permmission! the catholic erred by putting law into their own hands creating images without Gods consent and permmission! okay? he is unaccountable to anyone,and unquestionable!

Gods exclusive power is unchallenged, but creating idols of mary without 'Gods command' is an embarrassement that bellitles God' catholics erred by putting the law in their own hands! ok?

This is one little thing the fail to understand. They are protecting their Pope and their synod while constantly disobeying God. Worshipping woods and stones which He gave no command on.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 7:37am On Nov 08, 2012
chukwudi44:

Are they the ones that wrote the scriptures?

We are talking about rosary developing as the scriptures did so you don't start missing the point. Cos i have so many stories in my life i would also say developed as the scriptures did which i would like the synod to add for me in the bible.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by BERNIMOORE: 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
@Rich4God
But God inpired Moses to build a statue

inspired?
what is inspiration? pls go back to school,to differentiate 'mere instruction' from 'inspiration'.............they are not the same pls!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by BERNIMOORE: 11:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
@Ubenedictus
it is a pity protestants are ignorant of how the bible came about. They need a little history class.
what history are you talking about,talking about cannon,scriptures etc i think i have contributed a lot on those treads, but something stands out,your (catholics)added unknown scriptures i.e the maccabees are 'not sacred scriptures' but rather are confirmed part of apocrypha!but rather the 66 books of the bible are all 'confirmed sacred scriptures' and the catholics own added scriptures like maccabbees and the rest unsacred scriptures 'taught contradictory things from the sacred scriptures'like purgatory! that violently contradict ezekiel 18:4 that 'soul that sinneth dies' but purgatory says they dont! but rather survives the body, God is not of confussion,but rather the catholics are 'bunch of confusionist' boxing theirself to a corner with 'pagan scriptures' associated with soul torture,...'test every spirit wheather they originate from God' was penned down as an instruction in the book of titus, and how do we test, its by comparing and reconcilling the truths in the bible,which catholics apocrypha was short of,but promote paganisn and idol worshiping!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by BERNIMOORE: 12:10am On Nov 09, 2012
Y did God ask moses to construct a snake similar to d ones dt wz bitten d ppl of isreal n hang it so dat any1 dt luk unto it will be saved. Can't God savce dem direct?

again,God did not direct 'an act of worship to the snake' which would have been a double standard or superflous, and act of worship demands 'bowing or making supplications' as the catholics do to their Mary statue! the isrealites never bow nor recite anythithing towards the snake replica, and that situation was a brief and never innaugurated in the law or covenant talkless of being a standard that 'must be followed' so stop 'elevating your insinuation into a standard',now lets see Gods standard that was violated grossly by the catholics;

Exodus 20:4-5
4 [size=14pt]“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; [/size]for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

this is out of point, ark of covenant was the manifestation of Gods presence with the isrealites whenever there is war expecially on special occassions,4 men lift it on their shoulders in front of the congregation of the isrelites, all the direction 'in cubits' how it is to be constructed and operated were detailed by God and it was followed accordingly, but there was no such command as to rossary,and forbbiden idol worship of Mary statue in anywhere in the 'sacred scriptures' directing the erection of mary statue, anyyyyy? show me now pls! imwaiting
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 7:19am On Nov 09, 2012
They no longer bible quote and God's commandment. What they follow is bulletins quotes and Pope's commandment.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Rich4god(m): 7:23am On Nov 09, 2012
Boomark: They no longer bible quote and God's commandment. What they follow is bulletins quotes and Pope's commandment.

Really cant stop laughing... grin grin grin grin grin
Which one be pope commandment... Na u invent am.
For how long do we need to shout in your ear... we dont worship idol/Mary/saints... but you dont want to hear. So believe what ever you want to believe.
Being a catholic/protestant/coptic etc will not lead you to heaven, its your individual life that matters alot. So all this church bashing wont help us.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by bursturbrain(m): 7:56am On Nov 09, 2012
concerning the issue of d bronze snake, God told moses to make d object and place it in d most visible place and anyone who looks at it wil be saved, now see d word difference which shows proof dat God wil never go back on his word, he said LOOK and not WORSHIP, God used many things to symbolise his greatness and dose things were not worshipped, if dem leave una catholic una go worship dat rock moses hit, worship d altar jacob built, worship ark of convenant, worship moses rod, inshort u guys are slackin things plenty for una to worship cos u catholics hav double standard
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2012
@ Bursturbrain and Bernimoore,

When you say "Catholics worship..." Can you define what you mean by worship?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Rich4god(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2012
bursturbrain :
concerning the issue of d bronze snake, God told moses to make d object and place it in d most visible place and anyone who looks at it wil be saved, now see d word difference which shows proof dat God wil never go back on his word, he said LOOK and not WORSHIP, God used many things to symbolise his greatness and dose things were not worshipped, if dem leave una catholic una go worship dat rock moses hit, worship d altar jacob built, worship ark of convenant, worship moses rod, inshort u guys are slackin things plenty for una to worship cos u catholics hav double standard
We worship God and Him alone...
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 10:30am On Nov 09, 2012
italo: @ Bursturbrain and Bernimoore,

You can't approach God without the use of the rosary(counting beads just like buddhist and muslims) and bowing down before marys image and praying through her(just like the hindu's)......

If you can't see that these images or objects are being venerated I don't know what to do with you...

You guys have even abandoned Yahweh(thrown Him into the dustbin) so that you can have your fill with beads and the image of a white woman......

Kudos to ona.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2012
Rich4god:

Which GOD??...

I don't even think you know the God you worship anymore.....
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Rich4god(m): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Which GOD??...

Dont make me laugh... Good to hear that.
From what you just said, we dont know the God we worship. Now can you leave us alone so that we can serve the God we worship the best way we can.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by BERNIMOORE: 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
@italo

i have defined it in my last response,but let me still refer you to it again,but dont think you can maake one recycle comments while your answers are are clearly there with you,again in my last post;
BERNIMOORE; again,God did not direct 'an act of worship to the snake' which would have been a double standard or superflous, and act of worship demands 'bowing or making supplications' as the catholics do to their Mary statue!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
@ Bernimoore,

Firstly, we don't bow to and make supplication to any statue. We can bow before a statue but only in reverence to the depicted Saint or God who bestows honour on that Saint.

Does this your definition of worship apply to everybody or just to Catholics?

If it applies to everybody, can we then say that Joshua and the other Israelites worshipped the Ark of the Covenant? Or are you going to judge them differently than you do Catholics?

Joshua 7:6 Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell facedown to the ground before the ark of the Lord, remaining there till evening. The elders of Israel did the same, and sprinkled dust on their heads. 7 And Joshua said, “Alas, Sovereign Lord, why did you ever bring this people across the Jordan to deliver us into the hands of the Amorites to destroy us? If only we had been content to stay on the other side of the Jordan! 8 Pardon your servant, Lord. What can I say, now that Israel has been routed by its enemies? 9 The Canaanites and the other people of the country will hear about this and they will surround us and wipe out our name from the earth. What then will you do for your own great name?”
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Which GOD??...

they worship so many things which they equate to one god.

SMH for Italy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2012
italo: @ Bernimoore,

Firstly, we don't bow to and make supplication to any statue. We can bow before a statue but only in reverence to the depicted Saint or God who bestows honour on that Saint.

Does this your definition of worship apply to everybody or just to Catholics?

If it applies to everybody, can we then say that Joshua and the other Israelites worshipped the Ark of the Covenant? Or are you going to judge them differently than you do Catholics?

Joshua 7:6 Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell facedown to the ground before the ark of the Lord, remaining there till evening. The elders of Israel did the same, and sprinkled dust on their heads. 7 And Joshua said, “Alas, Sovereign Lord, why did you ever bring this people across the Jordan to deliver us into the hands of the Amorites to destroy us? If only we had been content to stay on the other side of the Jordan! 8 Pardon your servant, Lord. What can I say, now that Israel has been routed by its enemies? 9 The Canaanites and the other people of the country will hear about this and they will surround us and wipe out our name from the earth. What then will you do for your own great name?”

Do you just make an image of any body and name it saint Peter, bowing and revering it?

Can you boldly say that God instructed you people to make such images just as He instructed Joshua and Moses?

This is where the problem is. No body is bashing church and you can't tell me to shut my mouth from saying the bad deeds of a pastor or church cos many will learn from it.

Learn to serve Him in spirit and in truth.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by BERNIMOORE: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
@rich4God

ask a willing-suicide bomber's opinion about who he worships,he will definatelly tell you allah, and what reason does he have? he cites the jihad'surah chapter 9:5; which mandates them to 'slay' or 'kill' non-muslims who are generaly perceived as idolaters,it reads and i quote surah 9:5...slay the idolaters,besiege them,lay ambush for them....

Now from the suicide bombers Opinion,his actions as perceived by many is 'ignorance to them' because he is commissioned with a scripture backing! and that is why 'we' the onlookers do not follow what they say, but what they do.
The same applies to the catholics, they are taught to dissmiss any querry to their act or behavior to an image by sharply denying that theyare worshipping a God-forbidden image as clealy spelt out in the bible.....they start by riddiculing your objection by saying,'what are you talking about?'

catholics solid stance is, “No, we do not worship Mary!”(that is how they are trained to respond) However, the evidence is overwhelmingly against them. But before the evidence is presented, I’d like to cut at the root of this dispute.

Now lets reason from their own perspective and you will see that catholics are found wanting based on the available evidences ; lets go;

The apostle Peter, who is alleged to be the first pope,did he mention Mary in any of his biblical letters. Nor is there any record in any of the other letters, such as Acts of the Apostles, that Peter ever referred to Mary. Not only did he not mention her, directly or indirectly, but zero nothing is said by any apostle about the need to venerate or worship her. This fact speaks volumes against the Catholic’s view of Mary.

Why? Why did Peter fail to mention the “Virgin Mary”? Surely if all popes worshipped Mary and leaned on her for salvation, and they have, as the evidence will show, and if Peter was the first pope, why does he not praise and adore Mary in the same vein as other popes? The question demands an answer.

The Late Pope John Paul II Worshipped Mary & Relied On Her For Salvation

If the pope is the role model and instructor and guide for Catholics, and he is, and if they are striving to follow in his footsteps, and they are, they give the same level of reverence to Mary as their “Supreme Pontiff.” [size=14pt]It is a documented fact that the late Pope John Paul II relied more on Mary for salvation than on Jesus.[/size]

Pope John Paul made more than 40 pilgrimages to her shrines at Lourdes and Fatima. He wrote in his Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, the following words:

[size=14pt]“I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary.”
[/size]
Salvation In Mary & The Rosary!
Embroidered inside all of Pope John Paul’s robes was the phrase, [size=14pt]“Totus tuus sum Maria,” which means, “Mary, I am all yours.”[/size]

The Catholic Rosary concludes:
“HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!”

It is of interest when we ponder Roman Catholicism’s popular “15 Promises of Mary.” Among them we find:

“The soul which recommends itself to me [Mary] by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish...I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall…at the moment of death…participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.”

It is obvious, then, that not only did the late pope worship Mary and place his eternal security in her, but it is equally obvious that “the faithful” follow in his footsteps. When Catholics turn from faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation to trusting Mary and the Rosary, as did Pope John Paul II, they place their eternal salvation in jeopardy, [size=14pt]for Jesus Himself declared, "No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).
[/size]
If Jesus spoke the truth, and He did, there is zero security and salvation in Mary and the Rosary. In the pope’s “Prayer For The Marian Year,” he prayed:

[size=14pt]“Sustain us, O Virgin Mary, on our journey of faith and obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation.”
[/size]
There is ample evidence that Catholics in general worship Mary. It is a sad day in human history when any person, whether Protestant or Catholic, places his/her allegiance and salvation in anyone except the Son of God.

HERE ARE SOME PICTURE THAT EXPLAIN BETTER;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.