Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,549 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:55 PM

Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? (12421 Views)

Is It Advisable To Date A Fellow Course Mate? / Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? / Never Dated Before At 22? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Iolo(m): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2012
Founder of Cosharis Motors got married @ 20years and it was the best decision he ever made. Bin married for 34years now or so.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by solbil: 10:21am On Oct 29, 2012
i want someone to ans my question. Why cant a man get married at the age of 22 even if he can afford it and a woman can marry at that age? What has the woman got that made her more qualified for marriage than the man at the same age.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Dainy1(m): 10:22am On Oct 29, 2012
codernoni :
Marry wen u feel u are ready. In the UK people marry as early as 19. Some fail some don't. Some also marry @ 40 and still fail.
This's very true
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by IZUKWU(m): 10:23am On Oct 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

This sounds like a scamming letter i have gotten in my email inbox!!!!!!!!

believe it may be true. My father was in a similar situation,he married at 24 ,if you see him now with nine of us at a function maybe,you will shout.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 10:27am On Oct 29, 2012
IZUKWU: believe it may be true. My father was in a similar situation,he married at 24 ,if you see him now with nine of us at a function maybe,you will shout.

It is good if he can support that many kids.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Circle360: 10:28am On Oct 29, 2012
If finacial/money independence is a top requirement for marriege then higher % of Africans esp. Nigerians would never marry, it happens 1 can hve a gup paying job 2day and lost it 2mrw, so should he divoce? There are lies: damned lies and statistics if u gonna work base on statistics and social norms then u'll never marry. Just marry when u want to marry and when u found a person who undastands u and life. Every human as his own way and means to live under dffrnt conditions. A gud sociologist knws that. Age aint a matter.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by egbule123: 10:28am On Oct 29, 2012
so what is the right age ,is 28 ok? i have a guy he is 28 a graduate banker and financially independent but he still thinks he is too young he said he wants to be at least 30 his babe is 26 a banker too she wants them to get married fast but the guy is still skeptical he thinks he is too young he wants my opinion and advise so do u think 28 is too young for a guy/
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 10:31am On Oct 29, 2012
I gotten married at an age that is not an ideal age however i made a decision to marry my husband for the right reasons and we were both in that place where we can weather the storm together and not forsake our marriage.

It is important to understand that if you both arent ready for marrigae it doesnt matter if you are older or not...your marriage isnt going to last.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:34am On Oct 29, 2012
egbule123: so what is the right age ,is 28 ok? i have a guy he is 28 a graduate banker and financially independent but he still thinks he is too young he said he wants to be at least 30 his babe is 26 a banker too she wants them to get married fast but the guy is still skeptical he thinks he is too young he wants my opinion and advise so do u think 28 is too young for a guy/

28 is fine...

Advice his babe to simply carry belle for him.. He must marry her then.. angry
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 29, 2012
egbule123: so what is the right age ,is 28 ok? i have a guy he is 28 a graduate banker and financially independent but he still thinks he is too young he said he wants to be at least 30 his babe is 26 a banker too she wants them to get married fast but the guy is still skeptical he thinks he is too young he wants my opinion and advise so do u think 28 is too young for a guy/

my dear if he thinks he's too young, then he is. Marriage is for people who are sure. When he is ready, nobody will advice him, he'll just know it
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 10:47am On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

28 is fine...

Advice his babe to simply carry belle for him.. He must marry her then.. angry

Even if be doesnt love her
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by UjSizzle(f): 10:53am On Oct 29, 2012
I don't think any man below 25 should be getting married whether he's matured or not.
People need to give serious thought to marriage before jumping into it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by DMainMan: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2012
Y not. Wil b getting married within dis age bracket all things being equal. The main aim is to avoid fornication and complete half of my faith for the fear of ALLAH. Muslims are enjoined to marry early to purify demselves against atrocities in this world. It is not easy to control oneself against sexual urge. It is not easy o. I cant wait for her to graduate. I cant just wait.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by solbil: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2012
why is no one answering me. What has a lady got at 22 to make her qualified for marriage that the guy doesnt have at the same age?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 10:56am On Oct 29, 2012
preshuzpearl:

my dear if he thinks he's too young, then he is. Marriage is for people who are sure. When he is ready, nobody will advice him, he'll just know it

Thats true. If the couple is ready at 20 so be it if they are not so be it. It is all about knowing that you and your partner is ready.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2012
solbil: why is no one answering me. What has a lady got at 22 to make her qualified for marriage that the guy doesnt have at the same age?

What do you think she need at 22the to get married A mole?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by solbil: 10:59am On Oct 29, 2012
DMainMan: Y not. Wil b getting married within dis age bracket all things being equal. The main aim is to avoid fornication and complete half of my faith for the fear of ALLAH. Muslims are enjoined to marry early to purify demselves against atrocities in this world. It is not easy to control oneself against sexual urge. It is not easy o. I cant wait for her to graduate. I cant just wait.
as much as i support early marriage, i dont think its a good idea to get married becos of sexual urge.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by ewizard1: 11:00am On Oct 29, 2012
smileyYeah, this is a Topic i've been xpecting. I love it when i go out with my girl and i see young couple with a baby. I feel like having mine too. Tho we're not done with education (just finished our ND programme)but i usually have that feeling like 'If we could cope with the relationship, why cant we get married now?'But i really want to start my family at a younger age. wink
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 11:02am On Oct 29, 2012
DMainMan: Y not. Wil b getting married within dis age bracket all things being equal. The main aim is to avoid fornication and complete half of my faith for the fear of ALLAH. Muslims are enjoined to marry early to purify demselves against atrocities in this world. It is not easy to control oneself against sexual urge. It is not easy o. I cant wait for her to graduate. I cant just wait.

I am sorry to salt your excitement..but if you are marrying just to have legalized sex..your marriage isnt going to last.

You sound Hot and talking from between your legs. Msrriage isnt going to stop sin jn fact the demons come harder on those married than sjngle. You need to make sure the girl you are masturbating to at nights is ready to weather storm that marriage brings because if there is oneiota of discord between the pair of you....you are pass fjnished!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by 702: 11:03am On Oct 29, 2012
Get married whenever u feel u can handle the task. Only marry for the right reasons! I dont care if u get married as early as soon as u begin puberty or close to the grave. Its a personal choice.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 11:05am On Oct 29, 2012
solbil: as much as i support early marriage, i dont think its a good idea to get married becos of sexual urge.

Thank you. These kids sef.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 11:08am On Oct 29, 2012
ewizard1: smileyYeah, this is a Topic i've been xpecting. I love it when i go out with my girl and i see young couple with a baby. I feel like having mine too. Tho we're not done with education (just finished our ND programme)but i usually have that feeling like 'If we could cope with the relationship, why cant we get married now?'But i really want to start my family at a younger age. wink

Having kids arent complicated...but having a sound marriage for your future kids is imperative. You need to make sure you are ready on every level....marriage isnt a playground.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by stokolie(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2012
for me it is ok as long as the guy understand it more of hardwork than fun.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2012
st.okolie:
for me it is ok as long as the guy understand it more of hardwork than fun.

Yes. It is good when you have the right person to help weather those hardworks.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by UjSizzle(f): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2012
Lol @marrying for legalized se.x
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 29, 2012
@Poster,

Fine people say maturity has nothing to do with your age... You can go ahead and marry.

But look at it this way... You are matured... But have you sat down to gain lot and lots of experiences from broken marriages, friends, colleagues and life itself? That has to do with age because as you grow older in life, you gather more experience...

So... Why not wait... chill... cross leg... look at what is happening around you... and enjoy the view before you finally go on the alter... And mind you, I would advice you stay single for at least 2 to three years after tasting a girl to see how things are generally before going to another relationship... Guy u go wise no be small... The true picture go come clear to you...

Dont get married now and later face some tit-bits of regrets... I would not want that for a neighbour...

Guys are opening their eyes, ladies are coming out of the closet.... ponder on that oh...

It is well...

Br

Modification: Mind you, it is not by getting a secured job or having money to sustain the family that makes the real husband..
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by dabrake(m): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2012
Solomon's wisdom and methuselah's old age are not correlated. BTW, I plan to get married at 25
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2012
dabrake: Solomon's wisdom and methuselah's old age are not correlated. BTW, I plan to get married at 25

Good for you if it the right reasons.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by kobikwelu(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2012
Different strokes for different folks..but ideally, the man should be in his late 20's or early 30's...

Its not about finances, but its more about maturity..and the ability to handle the musings of a woman (who you would wake up with everyday for the rest of your life)

and please dont give me that crap about age being a number!!

its also basic maths..on average ladies get married in the age range of 22-27... and a man is meant to be older by at least 4 years (so as to help the convergence of maturity)..(studies have shown that women mature faster than men)..so for men the marriage age should be in the range 27-32

but as i said, one shoe does not fit all...
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2012
uj_sizzle: Lol @marrying for legalized se.x

Hush...that is what those zealous bible thumpers preached to me.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 29, 2012
eduson55: is it advisable to marry at 22-25 as a man?
Hmmmm is this what you ve been thinking off u?
You must be lonely

Meanwhile why marry at 22 when you are still verymuch learning about life, hw well do you think you knw yuou wife? Only to discover 6yrs later that u aren't compactable though maturity is not judged by age but marriage is judged by maturity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Core Reasons Why Marriages Fail And Will Continue To Fail / A Moment Of Truth! / See A Black Woman Dancing Stark Naked For Money (this Is So Shameful)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.