Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,454 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? (17150 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Is It Right To Date Your Neighbour? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by buchi4action(m): 6:59am On Apr 26, 2012
My friend is madly in love with a lady that lives 100 meters away from his house, is it advisable for him to start a relationship with her?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Killz3(m): 8:44am On Apr 26, 2012
No. It breeds contempt!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Kadata(m): 8:48am On Apr 26, 2012
~Killz~:
No. It breeds contempt!

How
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 26, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Killz3(m): 8:56am On Apr 26, 2012
Kadata:

How
You get to see much of her unnecessarily. You tend to start feeling jealous when you see other guys around hitting on her. Basically, you'll find it hard to trust her after a while, and you'll just hate her for nothings sake! It's not advisable, unless you want frequent heartbreaks.

It's even better if she was 1000 meters away, i.e 1km away, than 100 meters. . . That's a NO NO!

10 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by slimyem: 9:04am On Apr 26, 2012
i wouldnt do it for many reasons.
I'd prefer one of us moves away instead....
It all boils down to choices though..
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 26, 2012
Nothing wrong with it.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 26, 2012
There won't be trust in that relationship. I might get bored

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Killz3(m): 11:25am On Apr 26, 2012
andromida: Nothing wrong with it.
To you sha. . .
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2012
Dats a no no! Na 2 4 we go dey jam na.Mbanu!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Beync(f): 11:44am On Apr 26, 2012
people are scared of long distance rltnshp becos of trust issues
why scared of close distance reltnshp againg?.
for me it doesnt matter aslong as u know urself
and both of u are genuinely involve in the rltnship
u can see and know my friends and i can see urs no big deal.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Killz3(m): 11:48am On Apr 26, 2012
Beync: people are scared of long distance rltnshp becos of trust issues
why scared of close distance reltnshp againg?.
for me it doesnt matter aslong as u know urself
and both of u are genuinely involve in the rltnship
u can see and know my friends and i can see urs no big deal.
How close is "close"? And how close is "too close"?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Sijo01(f): 11:52am On Apr 26, 2012
No go area 4moi.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Basildon1(m): 11:58am On Apr 26, 2012
Smash: Hell YES, Date: Not really
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Beync(f): 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
for me,there is no yard stick for measuring how close it should be. as long as the relationship is genuine, there is nothing to hide about who he sees me wit or not.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Killz3(m): 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
Beync: for me,there is no yard stick for measuring how close it should be. as long as the relationship is genuine, there is nothing to hide about who he sees me wit or not.
Have you been in such a "close" relationship before?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Raxxye(m): 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
I don't see anything wrong. Fears only arise when either or both partner/partners is/are not ready to be faithful. Hence fear of being caught by the other. Otherwise, why not?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by chemberlin(m): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2012
If love can take them to the next level, why? It is adviceable...cos I once had it and we got well but latter disatnce and religion things crashed it.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Meeah: 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
Considering that the people involved are adults, you would have things/events (work or business) that take you away from your house frequently. That will create some distance. Afterall, some cohabiting University course mates end up getting married. Bottom line, its all about what suits you.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2012
Raxxye: I don't see anything wrong. Fears only arise when either or both partner/partners is/are not ready to be faithful. Hence fear of being caught by the other. Otherwise, why not?
Hiiiiiii cheesy

Remember me?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by OmawumiMegbele(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
If you ask me, na who i go ask? They matter wey we see so, e heavy for mouth. wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
ur friend is in lust, not love.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by lopsydoo(m): 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
Love is a flower that could grow in any garden. A new date could also start by chance or design, but mutual interests, expectations and attitudes would make it work or otherwise. Truly, familiarity breed contempt, but is "out of sight not out of mind?"

Talking about familiarity- can you ever be "too familiar" with your lover? If so, what's the basis of the relationship? What's jealousy got to do with it? If she likes you enough, won't there be some mutual understanding?

There are lots of case studies that prove that attitude, not distance is everything in a relationship. So, my friends, if the babe is cool, calm and collected enough to meet your taste and she likes you enough to grace your value system, you guys have the core advantage of everyday fellowship, easy understanding and what else, love and happiness..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by duzomba: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
They say long distant relationship never workout, meaning short distance should be d opposite.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
dating has no formula sometimes it is worth it to try and came out with your own experience from it

than being told from other people;s experience which they made mistakes that you would never do

its like saying dont do english at school becoz so and so had a bad experience with the langauge. would agree to drop it or you would give a try ?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by saydfact(m): 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
what as distance got to do with loving?
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Atandav: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
I'm currently into one now, the only option left for me now is to move out of d compound, d thing no easy o
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by ugosly(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
grin winkFling maybe.... yes, Dating,HELL NO!! Especially if you are the multi-tasking type ..get wat I mean??. winkFling maybe.... yes, Dating,HELL NO!! Especially if you are the multi-tasking type ..get wat I mean.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Killz3(m): 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
Atandav: [size=15pt]I'm currently into one now, the only option left for me now is to move out of d compound, d thing no easy o[/size]
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by pdpiperpippen: 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
If u are a ho, no if u are not then its ok.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? by Maleeq(m): 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
~Killz~:

You get to see much of her unnecessarily. You tend to start feeling jealous when you see other guys around hitting on her. Basically, you'll find it hard to trust her after a while, and you'll just hate her for nothings sake! It's not advisable, unless you want frequent heartbreaks.

It's even better if she was 1000 meters away, i.e 1km away, than 100 meters. . . That's a NO NO!
Well said!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Maximum Age Range For Partners In A Relationship / Queen Of B***bs Roman Goddess In A Hotel With BF (photos) / OMG! What Kinda Pussy Is This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.