Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? (13186 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by LagosBoi2(m): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2012
masterpiecer: Its a two way answer.

1.Yes- if the person involved (mostly the female) is not a materialistic person she/he loves you truely for who you are and not what you are.

2.No- if the person involved is a 'money lover', and most especially if you met the person when things were all rosey with you. If poverty sets in, guy u r on ur own o

Gbam...you just explained my wife above...but only few ladies are like that in Nigeria..especially when you have to face serious poverty running for like 5 or 6yrs..She still believe in me even when i lost hope in myself...That's why i can take a bullet for her..She is indeed a unique lady.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by LagosBoi2(m): 11:35am On Oct 31, 2012
Julieccentric:

My brother don't be deceived..if any lady observes that you are not making efforts to create wealth , she would dump your lazy ass for someone else.

Facing hardship or poverty does not necessarily mean that you are lazy, It's just an important process you need to go through in life to be stronger and wiser...If those kind of people are able to break away from poverty..you will find them to be wealthy peeps later on in life.

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 31, 2012
If there is hope - YES
If there is no hope - THE WOMAN RUNS

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by LagosBoi2(m): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2012
adefash: The word"poverty" is relative u know. What u term to be poverty maybe afluence to some pipu. Imagine some1 saying she cant get married to anyman whose take home is less than 200k/month while another lady shared testimony of how her fiance secured a job of 30k/month and that they have started mariage plan. If tru love doesnt exist among poor pipu, then it is only among the rich that we should have succesful home.poor people enjoy happy home as well. Another thing i will like to add is that love has no respect for pocket.

Bros...u make sense...you must be high on weed wink wink grin
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Rich4god(m): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2012
It depends on the level of poverty/lack of money. A guy that doesn't have money at all may not have time to be in a relationship cos he might be busy working himself out to earn a living. But it takes a girl who have a good understanding of life to date a guy that is not well to do.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 31, 2012
Freiburger: @ topic, there is nothing like love in the first place , we 've only got a strong feeling that last for a period of time, it could for a day or a 100years.
i agree with u. except change the 100years to 10years max.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2012
masterpiecer: Its a two way answer.

1.Yes- if the person involved (mostly the female) is not a materialistic person she/he loves you truely for who you are and not what you are.

2.No- if the person involved is a 'money lover', and most especially if you met the person when things were all rosey with you. If poverty sets in, guy u r on ur own o
who you are and what you are go hand in hand. it is who you are that make you what you are. Loving someone for just who he is, is unrealistic and fake. for true love (if it exist) it must be both who you are and what you are. The complete you.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by megxo(m): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2012
THREADS LIKE DIS MAKES ME FEEL "OUR PARENTS" TRIED................

4 DIS LIFE, IF DEM SAY AH NO GO MAKE AM, SOMEBODI LIED!!!!!!!!! wink

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by cyril83(m): 11:46am On Oct 31, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

what you wrote is the exact reason when so many are failing in love (or better yet, fooling themselves in love)..... the only reason you are staying with your BF is because he has prospect of making it, NOT LOVE. if you'd love him then you wouldnt mind whether he had prospect or not. you are not judging him for WHO he is, but for what he is.

if your supposed hands are made to create wealth, then why do you care if someone has prospects or not?! duh! if the person you love cannot make it work, then YOU strive to make it work for the both of you......THATS LOVE!!!! (and we can all see that you have no idea what love is)

sadly, here is another example of a fail........ this above person believe that love can ONLY be true when you have money.

the sad fact of this discussion is that many have been dating ashewos/goldiggers for so long that they lost their grip on life. the only way most of you can find true love is if you are POOR, because the day you have a little money, then all the parasites will be attracted to you, and you will actually believe that its because of YOU. but then again, thats the poor man's mentality at work again, which make these same men believe that you can only be a man when you have some money.
abeg stop quoting from d book,let's face reality even our bible say money is d work of d ministry,tell d world how u wud survive without having money in life..this doesn't work anywia in d world even among whites dat beta understanding,dia s no how u cud gain respect from ur wife and children if u can't take care of dem,now tell me how ur wife wud show u love wen she doesn't respect u as d head of d family
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

Gbam...you just explained my wife above...but only few ladies are like that in Nigeria..especially when you have to face serious poverty running for like 5 or 6yrs..She still believe in me even when i lost hope in myself...That's why i can take a bullet for her..She is indeed a unique lady.
..... What will you call this? LUCK? Hell no... This is more than luck,this is God in action,remember 'He who finds a wife...'
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2012
adefash: The word"poverty" is relative u know. What u term to be poverty maybe afluence to some pipu. Imagine some1 saying she cant get married to anyman whose take home is less than 200k/month while another lady shared testimony of how her fiance secured a job of 30k/month and that they have started mariage plan. If tru love doesnt exist among poor pipu, then it is only among the rich that we should have succesful home.poor people enjoy happy home as well. Another thing i will like to add is that love has no respect for pocket.
There is an error in this your argument or logic. The question is " what is the standard of living of this two girls in question"?. For a girl who grew up living in duplex with her parents, with other good tins in life. How will you expect her to cope with a man with 30k/month assuming she too is not working. Also assume the girl parents will not intervene financially. because most girls from rich home who claim to love a poor handsome guy and want to marry him, do it mostly on the basis that her parents will bail her out financially or when she is making enough cash herself. but for a girl who she with her 7 siblings and her parents live in one room in mushin/ajegunle will see a man earning 30k/month as good soulmate. because the guy can rent a room and parlour which is almost like luxury from where she is coming from. In summary, when it comes to marriage, financial decision is very crucial. Note: i am strictly talking about people who intend to marry and not those who are just going out for fun(Sexx). In the later case, finance importance can be less prominent a bit.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 11:59am On Oct 31, 2012
Rich4god: It depends on the level of poverty/lack of money. A guy that doesn't have money at all may not have time to be in a relationship cos he might be busy working himself out to earn a living. But it takes a girl who have a good understanding of life to date a guy that is not well to do.
SENSE
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
cyril83: abeg stop quoting from d book,let's face reality even our bible say money is d work of d ministry,tell d world how u wud survive without having money in life..this doesn't work anywia in d world even among whites dat beta understanding,dia s no how u cud gain respect from ur wife and children if u can't take care of dem,now tell me how ur wife wud show u love wen she doesn't respect u as d head of d family
1. How do you know whites have better understanding of love.
2. I think it depends on the kind of woman You're married to. We have women across the globe financing their families,yet you can never hear even from their neighbour that She's been rude to her husband,clashes are inevitable,YES I agree,but not because the man is not bouyant financially......
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by neversaynever(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
masterpiecer:

If 1 can afford to pay rent i dont think that should be termed as poverty

Would you love to continue paying rent for the rest of your life? Face it bro, there's more to poverty than not being able to pay your rent or provide food for yourself, it goes a lot deeper, & even has levels.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Hemanwel(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
Rich4god: It depends on the level of poverty/lack of money. A guy that doesn't have money at all may not have time to be in a relationship cos he might be busy working himself out to earn a living. But it takes a girl who have a good understanding of life to date a guy that is not well to do.
When a girl dates a guy who's not well to do, on one side,but has another guy who foots all her bills on another,do we still say that she has TRUE LOVE for the 1st guy??Knwing fully well that MOST Nigerian girls dont even date 1 guy.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by masterpiecer(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
atbu1983: who you are and what you are go hand in hand. it is who you are that make you what you are. Loving someone for just who he is, is unrealistic and fake. for true love (if it exist) it must be both who you are and what you are. The complete you.

What if in the process of becoming 'what u r' the so-called lover leaves you cos he/she is too materialistic to stay with 'who u r' waiting to become 'what u r'?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by neversaynever(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
cyril83: abeg stop quoting from d book,let's face reality even our bible say money is d work of d ministry,tell d world how u wud survive without having money in life..this doesn't work anywia in d world even among whites dat beta understanding,dia s no how u cud gain respect from ur wife and children if u can't take care of dem,now tell me how ur wife wud show u love wen she doesn't respect u as d head of d family

True. God is no fool, & he respects hardworking people, i think people that quote from the holy books watch too much of 'Nollywood'.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by kittykat1(f): 12:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
greatgod2012: To me, what is ur definition of poverty, if u can afford some things by urself, then i think u are not poor. Poverty is a thing of d mind, if u think u are poor then u are, and if u think u are not, u are not,
2ndly, what type of poverty are u referring to,i think, even if u dont have enough physical cash now,and u are mentally rich and wealthy(u can frame up constructive ideas), then u shoudnt consider urself poor. A self-acclaimed poor person has written him/herself off. So its up to u.
Meanwhile, dont be lazy and idle, and be expecting somebody to respect u, so wake up and find something doing no matter how small, in order to avoid embarrasing urself.
However, as a woman, when u pass thru some difficulties together with ur lover, it strengthens relationship, if u tend to date or go out with somebody who is already done,financially, then, u are looked at or regarded as gold-digger. GOLD IS TRIED IN FIRE TO ASCERTAIN ITS GENUINETY

Na lie about a woman passin thru difficulty with man and it strenghtening a relationship. There are male vultures too and a lady doesn't need to be old before she meets them. I strted meeting them when I was 22. Men who want to be close to you to get jobs or favour from ur influence. Love can come to a woman whether its in form of a rich guy or a poor guy. I myself erroneuosly decieved myself for years and decided to date a poor guy cos I wanted to build the futre with them. It didn't work. U build and he remembers its time to tatse all the things he didn't taste when he was poor. Pls stop giving our ladies wrong advise. Ladies anyone u see date, just be a good friend to the person. That's what really counts. U have to be such to ur significant other that they would always miss u and look for u.

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by stacomaster(m): 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ah cnt Believe dat Nigerian Gals Can Live Without BB!! So It Cnt Exist Ah cnt Believe dat Nigerian Gals Can Live Without BB!! So It Cnt Exist
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by searay(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
No
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2012

the only book i am quoting from, is the BOOK OF MBJ..... any other book is irrelevant to me.
you are now talking about survival, that everyone needs money to survive, and i say YES OF COURSE, and what has that got to do with the thread?! duh!
if thats the case then this thread should say TRUE LOVE CANNOT EXIST IF YOUR ARE DEAD, since anyone without money to buy food and drink will surely die.

also, here you are again talking about respect from your wife, while that same wife will surely respect the man who goes out everyday and look for work and try to get something to eat (whether he gets any or not)..... THATS LOVE, anything else should definitely NOT be considered love! the fact that you believe that love and respect can only be present if you CAN feed your family, AND NOT when you strive your hardest to put a square meal on the family table, is the reason why you will always fail in this discussion.

sadly, this is the 9ja mentality at work, where men believe that you can only be a man when you have "made some money".....aka nonsense!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by masterpiecer(m): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
never_say_never:

Would you love to continue paying rent for the rest of your life? Face it bro, there's more to poverty than not being able to pay your rent or provide food for yourself, it goes a lot deeper, & even has levels.

If i'm paying rent now, that doesn't mean i will want to be paying rent for the rest of life, the thing is; don't term me poor at those times i pay rent cos i actually worked to pay the rent and there is dignity in working, and know that poverty is a state of mind, not the less aquisation of wealth. It is a terrible thing when u r poor in mind and 'rich' in hand.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by brixton: 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
@ OP.
Its money dat mkes love go round... I dont believe in love witout money, dats suffering witout a tmoro
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
masterpiecer:

If i'm paying rent now, that doesn't mean i will want to be paying rent for the rest of life, the thing is; don't term me poor at those times i pay rent cos i actually worked to pay the rent and there is dignity in working, and know that poverty is a state of mind, not the less aquisation of wealth. It is a terrible thing when u r poor in mind and 'rich' in hand.
The concluding sentence;PURE AND APPLIED SENSE aka PAS
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by tedfx4life(m): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
U GO FEAR LOVE...
without money..lol..
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by tedfx4life(m): 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

Now i believe the saying..No matter how bright the sky is small darkness go dey..
As all men don wise reach..lol some fools still dey.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by killuminati(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
NO ENDS, NO SKINS!

If you don't got ends, you'll be hittin no skins
If you don't got money, you won't scoop a honey
If you don't got cash, you won't be gettin no a$$
If you're not stackin loot, you won't be knockin no boots

Likewise, if you're broke you get a wack sl^t but if got doe you'll get a cutie wit a fat but..

Naija babes only want ur bread, I advice you to put ur wallet in ur hat and hold ur head cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by masterpiecer(m): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
tedfx4life:

Now i believe the saying..No matter how bright the sky is small darkness go dey..
As all men don wise reach..lol some fools still dey.

Ironically, those who claim to be the wisest are mostly the most foolish undecided
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by cyril83(m): 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

the only book i am quoting from, is the BOOK OF MBJ..... any other book is irrelevant to me.
you are now talking about survival, that everyone needs money to survive, and i say YES OF COURSE, and what has that got to do with the thread?! duh!
if thats the case then this thread should say TRUE LOVE CANNOT EXIST IF YOUR ARE DEAD, since anyone without money to buy food and drink will surely die.

also, here you are again talking about respect from your wife, while that same wife will surely respect the man who goes out everyday and look for work and try to get something to eat (whether he gets any or not)..... THATS LOVE, anything else should definitely NOT be considered love! the fact that you believe that love and respect can only be present if you CAN feed your family, AND NOT when you strive your hardest to put a square meal on the family table, is the reason why you will always fail in this discussion.

sadly, this is the 9ja mentality at work, where men believe that you can only be a man when you have "made some money".....aka nonsense!
indeed u must be talking frm experiece,now I have a little help to beta ur life...Transfer Status Status : Available for pick up by receiver Check status of another transfer MTCN: 039-029-8394 Sender's Name: David Lame Address: 4366 Harrison Ave, Cincinnati OH 45211:receiver name MRBrownJay Amount Sent: $1,850....
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
190-the-clown:
In which country-

If you're talking about that country called Nigeria which
I[b]s 7 steps from hell fire[/b]

You and your couple better pack to-cameroon and start from there
Cos no Nigerian girl, I repeat Nigerian girl was born 2 suffer
Infact 99.99% of them tear eye reach back!!

7 Steps? I thought it was 2. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
Julieccentric:

My brother don't be deceived..if any lady observes that you are not making efforts to create wealth , she would dump your lazy ass for someone else.

....& if U make all the efforts and are still not lucky, she will still dump ur 'unlucky' ass for someone else
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by agitator: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
Julieccentric: It can exist..its actually happening right now, My partner has prospects of making it so it would be foolish of me to dump him.

Besides, what are my hands made for if it is not to create wealth..But to live in CONTINOUS poverty?? Tufia! I wasn't born to suffer.I can strive to make things work.

That's why u are in the relationship not because he is poor.

Julieccentric:
You need to work on yourself..you have been attracting the wrong kind of persons.

see me see wahala, so na you be the right kind to attract?

Julieccentric:
You better look for work and stop looking for the babe that would suffer with you.

Confirmation of the kind of person u be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Is ISI AGU Material In Lagos,Fast reply needed / My friend and my feelings.... / Singles Crib>>>{married People Stay Away!!}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.