Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,341 members, 7,836,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? (13185 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Shalome(m): 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
I always tell my junior sisters "stay away from broke Ass niggazz"....before i go to bed and when i wake i always pray to Baba to make me a Success...poverty is....

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by gp66(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
@poster, u should have asked if real love can exist bfor marriage and during the reign of poverty.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by engrchux: 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2012
Love should be unconditional; the type Jesus has 4 us. To me, that type is almost impossible to come by. All we have 2day is conditional love. If true love exists, why can't an educated & rich woman fall in love with a road-side mechanic? The answer isn't far fetched; because love is conditional especially in the Nigerian context. People love people 4 what they are & not who they are. I won't blame them tho' cos they know not who they, themselves, are. Ask somebody "who are u?" & they'd say "I'm a lawyer, banker, doctor, etc". That's not who u are. Love is a much more bigger phenomenon than what we know it to be 2day & frankly speaking, u can't even tell if u love somebody when it's all rosy. Take a look at ur friends & u'll realize u selected them based on ur financial, education, health etc status. I mean what's wrong with a rich man/woman being friends with a beggar/leper etc? Spare me that crap of mingling with people in ur category. I'm guilty of that too, but that's what Jesus did. Little wonder they say "in prosperity our friends know us but in adversity we know our friends"
Confucius, the chinese philosopher said "nothing changes one's opinion about a friend as much as success, urs or his"

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by MRMICKMEN: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
Julieccentric:

You need to work on yourself..you have been attracting the wrong kind of persons.
is dat ur opinion?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Punteke(m): 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
klasiknonie: A poor boy loved a rich girl. One day the boy proposed to her & the girl said, "Hey! Listen, your monthly salary is my daily hand expenses. How can I be involved with you? How could you have thought of that? I can never love you. So, forget about me & get engaged to someone else at your level".

But somehow the boy could not forget her so easily. Sometime 10 years later, they stumbled into each other in a shopping mall. The lady said, "Hey! You! How are you? Now I'm married and do you know how much my husband's salary is? $1,700 per month! Can you believe that? And he is also very smart." The guy's eyes got wet with tears on hearing those words.

A few seconds later, her husband came but before the lady could say a word, her husband seeing the guy, said, "Sir you're here? Meet my wife." Then he said to his wife, "This is my boss, I'm also one of those working on his $100 million project. And do you know a fact my dear? My boss loved a lady but he couldn't win her heart. That' why he has remained unmarried. How lucky would that lady have been if she had married him. These days, who will love someone that much he said to his wife. The lady looked in total shock but couldn't utter a word.

Life is so short and it's just like a mirror. You can only see as much as it reflects. So don't be too arrogant and proud of yourself by looking down on people because situations change with time! Someone can be poor today and rich tomorrow. And another can be rich today and poor tomorrow. Don't under estimate anyone, cos everyone has potential!.

#Borrowed Post

This is soo touching!!! Some women can be so myopic.. I believe in true love, I belive in sacrifice, I believe in hard work, I believe anybody can be anything tomorrow. Never underestimate men with potential..women and money are synonymous tho..
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Iaz93: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mckybarf: yes it can by every means. Materialism and pride has reduced love to wealth. Love is pure and pure love has no limitations. In fact it is through poverty that we discover the purity of love. Only the coveteous and envious will love by reason of wealth.
GBAM
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
cyril83: I sensed it, u are d type dat bliv nonsense dey act in nollywood,was it not d likes of lola alao ,bisi ibidapo and co dat make up d story...woman wrapper
Even if it was a make up story,the fact is that it teaches moral sense... Abi? Do you think all dem hollywood stories are also real? I beg forget the reality of the story,follow the lesson you wan learn...
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

wetin i do for you this guy, You have not experienced true love, should i be blamed for that? I don experience am and you no need beef me..abandon your ashawo girl friends and look for better girls..mumu
.... Can't stop laughing. 'Lagos_boi' I beg, I no get appetite for laughter o... My tommy dey worry me....
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by LagosBoi2(m): 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
Princephelar: .... Can't stop laughing. 'Lagos_boi' I beg, I no get appetite for laughter o... My tommy dey worry me....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by caukerzee(m): 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
I believe that stopped happening in our parents generation. Having said that, the cry for gender equality by the female s e x is totally ridiculous. They should practice what they preach. If a man is seen as an infidel for not being able to cater for the family, the women should be ready to regarded as one in such situation. They only want to enjoy the benefits of being the superior and the head, yet they expect the demerits shouldn't affect them. It's just like a son in a family who, all his bills payed, fed, given monthly allowances and yet still expects to be treated and respected like his father.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by cyril83(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
Princephelar: Even if it was a make up story,the fact is that it teaches moral sense... Abi? Do you think all dem hollywood stories are also real? I beg forget the reality of the story,follow the lesson you wan learn...
d story was actually brought up for baboon like you who can't differentiate right frm left....what is damn new in dat boring story that u actually planning to sell out
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by killuminati(m): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
Guys the bottom line is: make your money, get the power and you'll get the kitten for free sef smiley

Aight..

THREAD CLOSED!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by LagosBoi2(m): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
cyril83: d story was actually brought up for baboon like you who can't differentiate right frm left....

my friend..go and sleep..you need some rest..stop to dey man-over
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by cyril83(m): 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by cyril83(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

have u gone back to pay ur wife dowry coz I bliv ur wife's parent must be happy as at d time u proposed to minus 1 from dia dozen,dey may not even boarda to ask anytin frm u....now I cud see d reason why d gurl had to stick and mastered 001 format...hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by andyanders: 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
Well, it all depends. Money plays important role in relationship and I wonder what a man without money will be thinking of love when he is hungry and also what a woman who is hungry will be thinking of love because there must be money to nourish love. I still look at it that a man who is hungry and at the same time feeling intimate, needs to be examined by a psychiatric and equally a woman who is hungry and having not eating will be feeling love or whatever. That true love existed long ago in the 50s, 60s and 70s but right now, we are facing reality of life where you have to strive to survive.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by cyril83(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
andyanders: Well, it all depends. Money plays important role in relationship and I wonder what a man without money will be thinking of love when he is hungry and also what a woman who is hungry will be thinking of love because there must be money to nourish love. I still look at it that a man who is hungry and at the same time feeling intimate, needs to be examined by a psychiatric and equally a woman who is hungry and having not eating will be feeling love or whatever. That true love existed long ago in the 50s, 60s and 70s but right now, we are facing reality of life where you have to strive to survive.
speak to d ignorants dat bliv sorrow and happiness r nt 2 diff tins
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by knowledge4(m): 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2012
It can exist in a Mills and Boons story book but certainly not in Nigeria.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
cyril83: d story was actually brought up for baboon like you who can't differentiate right frm left....what is damn new in dat boring story that u actually planning to sell out
Well,what else will I say that you SIR... You win,I guess You're happy now

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
cyril83: d story was actually brought up for baboon like you who can't differentiate right frm left....what is damn new in dat boring story that u actually planning to sell out
Well,what else will I say thank you SIR... You win,I guess You're happy now
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Well,what else will I say, thank you SIR... You win,I guess You're happy now
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by shine12: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
Of course, there is love without money or Love is still possible with poverty.
We need to be careful in this our Nigeria. What do we call money, is it when a guy works for a multi-national company and earn millions a year or when He has a potential and earn a decent <60,000 naira a month that will barely get Him through if He lives in Lagos.

In the UK, the mentality of a man will buy me a jeep blah blah blah is unreal, as far as people have adequate income and ready for marriage, they go into it with the person they love and live a joint life. (I’m not saying this happens everytime) but this mentality of a guy will do everything for me is absolutely for the so called Bimbos or Essex girls not for a lady that has a vision.

We need to realise that not everyman will have a jet or work for Shell. As far as a man has a job and a dream and also happy, then He has the right to have a woman that is hard working too and will also support His dream, then God will bless their bread and water and increase them.

At the end of the day, its poverty and third world mentality that cause all these issues.

Yes you can love your spouse with little, more and much!!!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Eneze1(f): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
I believe the problem with girls nowadays is that they find it hard to work with their hands, they want a guy to be their burden bearer totally, which is absolutely wrong, when you are hardworking u wont care whether a guy is ready to provide for you or not because even when he gives you, its like a supplement to u, I just hope girls will stop this believe
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by wolos4real: 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
My pple it can only work for A LITTLE while. Wen d grl is yet to mature or expose,but wen she s exposed N matured she will know wat moni is meant for even if u hav little moni and leta tins are not workin well ur grl will not stay wit u for d next 2 years.it only workd in our fore fadas generation.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
masterpiecer:

What if in the process of becoming 'what u r' the so-called lover leaves you cos he/she is too materialistic to stay with 'who u r' waiting to become 'what u r'?
it is better to fix urself before bringing someone else into your life. For me, i will only regard a woman( only those who are married) a gold digger if she leaves her husband because the man's financial conditions dropped .But at the point of entry (when decision to get married is made)it is only a stupid shallow woman that wont consider the present and future financial position of the marriage. But once the decision is made and contract signed ( marriage is a contract) I expect her to honour the contract till the end.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by nitlad: 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
What's with all these redundant topics nah?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Freiburger(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
nitlad: What's with all these redundant topics nah?
What's with all these redundant comments nah?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

how can they be bound to poverty if YOU "supposedly" have two hands made to create wealth?! i guess in your world, standing by your partner is out of the question? if YOU work then he MUST work too, lol! and yet, you come here talking about love while what you write CLEARLY make us all understand that you have no idea what love is.

if YOU can create wealth with your two hands (supposedly) then you wouldnt care if your hubsand found work OR NOT, because you could support that love on your own (with the wealth created by your two hands)......unless of course, a partner looking actively for work is NOT good enough for you, and only FINDING employment is. bwaaaaah!
let us face the fact, the problem with most of us men is greed. No matter your situation, there are women who will be okay with you. The problem is that most of us men has long throat. We want to acquire a well educated and polish lady when we have nothing to offer. That is parasitism. it is better you go for a lady who will be comfortable with your status. every guy (poor or rich ) has a lady who likes him. But most of us guys want sometin we consider better. So also the woman also deserve the right to have taste too. Just the way some us value a pretty girl with not so good character more than an ordinary looking girl with good character. So also some ladies prefer nasty rich guy to a nice poor guy. to me, it is d same tin for both genders. it is all about taste and priority.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Sickcure(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
Capital NO! No lady i repeat, no lady will ever date poor man, but if she knows he has a brighter future,she may try to date him but if later there is no better things she 'll opt out of his life and follow rich man.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
engrchux: Love should be unconditional; the type Jesus has 4 us. To me, that type is almost impossible to come by. All we have 2day is conditional love. If true love exists, why can't an educated & rich woman fall in love with a road-side mechanic? The answer isn't far fetched; because love is conditional especially in the Nigerian context. People love people 4 what they are & not who they are. I won't blame them tho' cos they know not who they, themselves, are. Ask somebody "who are u?" & they'd say "I'm a lawyer, banker, doctor, etc". That's not who u are. Love is a much more bigger phenomenon than what we know it to be 2day & frankly speaking, u can't even tell if u love somebody when it's all rosy. Take a look at ur friends & u'll realize u selected them based on ur financial, education, health etc status. I mean what's wrong with a rich man/woman being friends with a beggar/leper etc? Spare me that crap of mingling with people in ur category. I'm guilty of that too, but that's what Jesus did. Little wonder they say "in prosperity our friends know us but in adversity we know our friends"
Confucius, the chinese philosopher said "nothing changes one's opinion about a friend as much as success, urs or his"
We should stop making it look like only women are guilty of this. How many well educated Nigeria men will mary a 25year old pure water seller with only primary school education? me for example, i cannot marry an uneducated girl no matter how beautify and well behaved she is! it will be difficult for me to consider her my wife! it all boil down to taste.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
Princephelar: Several times I've heard people talk about this issue,but most people's view are kind of diplomatic,like saying yes and no simultenously. Pls I'll appreciat either YES or NO,with reason(s)
the more money u get for ur account the more ur wife love go be.na so e be for naija.in naija a woman"s love dey for sale and na who get money pass dey buy am cool
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by tlaret24(m): 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
it does exist,i hav seen............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Singles Crib>>>{married People Stay Away!!} / How Much Is ISI AGU Material In Lagos,Fast reply needed / My friend and my feelings....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.