Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? (13187 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 31, 2012
Toks2008:

you see what i mean? Please define continuous poverty. 1 year, 5 years

My brother don't be deceived..if any lady observes that you are not making efforts to create wealth , she would dump your lazy ass for someone else.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by cyril83(m): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2012
masterpiecer: Its a two way answer.

1.Yes- if the person involved (mostly the female) is not a materialistic person she/he loves you truely for who you are and not what you are.

2.No- if the person involved is a 'money lover', and most especially if you met the person when things were all rosey with you. If poverty sets in, guy u r on ur own o
abeg forget being materialisti or not,d gospel truth is if it eventually work,it will neva last so d bottom line is NO coz dia s no how u cud share love in sorrow, poverty is not gud my broda

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by killuminati(m): 10:42am On Oct 31, 2012
Naija babes go say: I am blessing, 28, I am looking for a man that can love me and take of my financial problems, pay my school fees, take me out for a shopping spree, etc...

No be for naija Oooo, d answer is a no no!

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by ayo111uk(m): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2012
YES and NO.

YES - with God all things are possible.

NO - there is a Yoruba saying that says: won le gba iyawo ole, but not the child!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by adefash(m): 10:48am On Oct 31, 2012
The word"poverty" is relative u know. What u term to be poverty maybe afluence to some pipu. Imagine some1 saying she cant get married to anyman whose take home is less than 200k/month while another lady shared testimony of how her fiance secured a job of 30k/month and that they have started mariage plan. If tru love doesnt exist among poor pipu, then it is only among the rich that we should have succesful home.poor people enjoy happy home as well. Another thing i will like to add is that love has no respect for pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by masterpiecer(m): 10:51am On Oct 31, 2012
adefash: The word"poverty" is relative u know. What u term to be poverty maybe afluence to some pipu. Imagine some1 saying she cant get married to anyman whose take home is less than 200k/month while another lady shared testimony of how her fiance secured a job of 30k/month and that they have started mariage plan. If tru love doesnt exist among poor pipu, then it is only among the rich that we should have succesful home.poor people enjoy happy home as well. Another thing i will like to add is that love has no respect for pocket.

Bros abeg take hand shake

3 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by tivta(m): 10:53am On Oct 31, 2012
When a woman says am looking for a man that can take care of me, she simply means she wants a man that can pay her bills. So thats my answer. No money NO LOVE.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by neversaynever(m): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2012
eduson55: Mind you,poverty have different levels.so point at the level of poverty you mean.
but if it is the type i am imagining your question to be,
the answer is

[size=28pt]NO[/size]

Seconded
Poverty is bad, so so bad, if the man has a 'not too good job', but still provides a little something, it's still regarded as poverty, but the woman might stay (praying for change), but if otherwise....shocked, don't think about it. Majority that stay in it do so because of their children/religious beliefs.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by adefash(m): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2012
HQ: This will be a hot thread. Wait till the others get in. undecided

You can't be too sure until you become poor and maybe date some girl, and see yourself. undecided

becoming poor is HEELLish and suicidal.it is different from being born poor. If u are born poor and,perhaps in the comunity dominated by the poor,you wont see as a crime.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 31, 2012
The world is a tragedy for the POOR, i think if you're a man and you're planning τ̅☺ get married in your obscurity of Abject Poverty it is Pitiable Pitiful and lamentable and i decry that you invite that woman into your life hustle Hard And Pray Hard. God Willing My Children Must Get Better Life from scratch Pass the one wey i get.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 10:57am On Oct 31, 2012
booqee: Yes and no! Believe me no matter how nigerian girls would say yes..na lie! Everything na wash. In reality..only very few nigerian girls of today will want to date a very poor guy. But for me..i truly believe in love..but no be say make d guy come overpoor oh. I'm not lazy myself..together we'll work hard, and make it successfully. I met my ex jobless..na love scatter my head sha
I guess the concluding part is funny...
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2012
190-the-clown:
In which country-

If you're talking about that country called Nigeria which
Is 7 steps from hell fire

You and your couple better pack to-cameroon and start from there
Cos no Nigerian girl, I repeat Nigerian girl was born 2 suffer
Infact 99.99% of them tear eye reach back!!

Yet they are coming from poverty infested homes. One said to me on seeing my house , ''i tot you were building a big house''. For my mind, i answer am, ''ur papa get one room; una no dey pay rent''

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Princephelar(m): 11:01am On Oct 31, 2012
adefash: The word"poverty" is relative u know. What u term to be poverty maybe afluence to some pipu. Imagine some1 saying she cant get married to anyman whose take home is less than 200k/month while another lady shared testimony of how her fiance secured a job of 30k/month and that they have started mariage plan. If tru love doesnt exist among poor pipu, then it is only among the rich that we should have succesful home.poor people enjoy happy home as well. Another thing i will like to add is that love has no respect for pocket.
God bless you Sir...
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2012
okpara ugo:

Yet they are coming from poverty infested homes. One said to me on seeing my house , ''i tot you were building a big house''. For my mind, i answer am, ''ur papa get one room; una no dey pay rent''

Lmao! Wicked boy
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2012
bknight: ^^ pls (in ur own words) wats dat 'strong' feeling u're talking abt called again?

undecided

The effect of fermented drink.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by neversaynever(m): 11:04am On Oct 31, 2012
omotola1: I‘ve seen couples that are extremely rich and yet their home is hell! (fight today fight tomorrow).
I‘ve seen couples that are in abject poverty, yet they have a happy home.
I‘ll say YES... True love can exist in poverty.

Do poor couples not fight too? Guess you haven't seen any, there are a whole lot of them. Disputes are caused by a lot of things, so it can happen in any family, either rich or poor, but 80% of disputes between a poor family is financial

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by doncarlos: 11:05am On Oct 31, 2012
Capital NO
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by cyril83(m): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2012
I disagree with u,neva u compare our generation to our parents generation,things have really changed,siting example of 30k to 200k dats not poverty coz if u can plan with 30k per month,I bliv u get somtin outta it,atleast wit 30k monthly u wil be able to pay house rent and put food on d table,bin okay is different frm bin poor,poverty has no grade,poverty its wen u can't be able to guarantee food for ur family,unable to take care of d house,living with Gods grace,now tell me d position of love in dat family....abeg make una leave story oh...poverty na poverty, na english be abject poverty
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by masterpiecer(m): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2012
okpara ugo:

Yet they are coming from poverty infested homes. One said to me on seeing my house , ''i tot you were building a big house''. For my mind, i answer am, ''ur papa get one room; una no dey pay rent ''

If 1 can afford to pay rent i dont think that should be termed as poverty
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Orikinla(m): 11:10am On Oct 31, 2012
True love is best discovered in want.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by deepwaters(f): 11:11am On Oct 31, 2012
For me, it depends on the level of poverty. If its abject poverty, then its better I remain single. In fact, being poor or rich does not guarantee happiness, and I have seen lots and lots of poor couples who are Miserable, and marrying rich doesn't mean there won't be love. Personally though, I would prefer to be unhappy in a mansion than to be unhappy in a face-me-I-slap-you!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by mkoabiola: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2012
CAPITAL NO.
No woman is ready to endure for so long.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by megxo(m): 11:17am On Oct 31, 2012
Julieccentric:

You better look for work and stop looking for the babe that would suffer with you.
GOLD DIGGER..............sowie, i wont employ ma wife, i'll "MARRY" her
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by alexola20(m): 11:18am On Oct 31, 2012
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by megxo(m): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2012
mko abiola: CAPITAL NO.
No woman is ready to endure for so long.
LET D BABE DO SOMTIN IN RETURN NAH<<<<<<<<<<LIFE IS BISEXUAL, E GOES 2 WAYS!!

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by megxo(m): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2012
alexola20: In my own personal experience.No Money,No Love.
CORRECTION...NO MONEY, NO PUNNY.....
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by cyril83(m): 11:22am On Oct 31, 2012
adefash:
becoming poor is HEELLish and suicidal.it is different from being born poor. If u are born poor and,perhaps in the comunity dominated by the poor,you wont see as a crime.
what exactly are u saying...are u tryin to tel d world dat bin poor is good though is not a crime coz ur not God buh u can change ur destiny by praying and hardworking,have u eva bin to community dominated by the poor or remote orphanage home? My broda if u have eva bin to one of these places then u wil knw d real definition of poverty...
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Babaken(m): 11:23am On Oct 31, 2012
Toks2008:

GBAM!, end of discussion
. For were discussion continue...
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by jigawatts(m): 11:25am On Oct 31, 2012
[size=15pt]NO NO NO NO NO NO[/size]
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Jarus(m): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2012
Yes, it can. In fact, it does more in poverty than wealth.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 31, 2012
Julieccentric: It can exist..its actually happening right now, My partner has prospects of making it so it would be foolish of me to dump him.

Besides, what are my hands made for if it is not to create wealth..But to live in CONTINOUS poverty?? Tufia! I wasn't born to suffer.I can strive to make things work.

what you wrote is the exact reason why so many are failing in love (or better yet, fooling themselves in love)..... the only reason you are staying with your BF is because he has prospect of making it, NOT LOVE. if you'd love him then you wouldnt mind whether he had prospect or not. you are not judging him for WHO he is, but for what he is.

if your supposed hands are made to create wealth, then why do you care if someone has prospects or not?! duh! if the person you love cannot make it work, then YOU strive to make it work for the both of you......THATS LOVE!!!! (and we can all see that you have no idea what love is)

cyril83: Impossible!....in nigeria,true love can neva exist in poverty...lailai,what is true about love wen u dnt have money...

sadly, here is another example of a fail........ this above person believe that love can ONLY be true when you have money.

the sad fact of this discussion is that many have been dating ashewos/goldiggers for so long that they lost their grip on life. the only way most of you can find true love is if you are POOR, because the day you have a little money, then all the parasites will be attracted to you, and you will actually believe that its because of YOU. but then again, thats the poor man's mentality at work again, which make these same men believe that you can only be a man when you have some money.

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty? by gunner4life(m): 11:31am On Oct 31, 2012
[quote author=190-the-clown][color=red]In which country-

If you're talking about that country called Nigeria which
Is 7 steps from hell fire

You and your couple better pack to-cameroon and start from there
Cos no Nigerian girl, I repeat Nigerian girl was born 2 suffer
Infact 99.99% of them tear eye reach back!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Singles Crib>>>{married People Stay Away!!} / Have You Been To A Brothel? Share Your Xperience. / Lady Whose Husband Can't Sleep Unless He Sucks Pvssy Urgently Needs Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.