Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? (21934 Views)

Two Families Battle Over Paternity Of Girl, 16 / Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy? / Wife Opens Secret: What My Husband Did To Me In The Bedroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by hrhobi1(m): 3:57am On Nov 03, 2012
pro01: Only a dubious woman demands trust from her husband or partner. A genuinely virtuous woman earns it. . .and strives to retain it - simply by keeping her hands clean and her path straight. You don't insist on keeping male 'friends' or going on 'business trips' with your randy boss, and yet expect a sensible husband to trust you.

Any sensible man would NEVER trust any human being (let alone a woman) 100%. That's pure foolishness. If there are sufficient grounds for suspicion, then by all means a man must conduct a paternity test to clear all doubts. A truly good woman wouldn't get angry with her husband for doing that. She would get angry with herself for not doing enough to earn his trust.

Only sneaky, slimy, deceitful women (and they are in the majority) would make foolish noise or threaten divorce (you can imagine) when their serial unfaithfulness is under suspicion.

MEN WHY DONT I HAVE A FRIEND LIKE YOU ? YOU WIN, YOU 3 MUCH.
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by veron007: 4:11am On Nov 03, 2012
It's a must for me! I will do it for all the kids before their 1st birthday. You can now buy this off-the-shelf in pharmacies.
No go spend ur hard earned cash training another man's child.
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 03, 2012
A lot of women here are just going about, bashing the husband....... accusing him of not trusting the woman.......

Trust is not automatic, trust isn't what everyone in a relationship deserves, it is something you earn.

Each time you find a woman/man to be trustworthy, it reinforces more trust in that person.

So if your husband is doing paternity test on your children, it means he sees something wrong he wants to investigate. If nothing is actually wrong, it will reinforce his trust in you.

Leaving a Partner because he/she doesn't trust you is harsh and meaningless. Overtime, when a partner continues to spook on you and finds nothing, he/she will naturally trust you.

Trust is risky and can be costly, so the sensible thing to do in a relationship is to gradually test and trust a partner until you are fully satisfied you can give them all your heart. (E.g... You trust your partner not to cheat on you, only for you to find out that he/she passed something to you)

@ OP..... If he eventually finds out that he is the father, it would only reinforce the trust he has for you..I think there is nothing to worry about. You can then sit down 2gether and discuss the issue with maturity..... Divorcing him is irrational.... The next dude you might divorce him for might be even worse.

4 Likes

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by clip: 5:33am On Nov 03, 2012
obo_man: A lot of women here are just going about, bashing the husband....... accusing him of not trusting the woman.......

Trust is not automatic, trust isn't what everyone in a relationship deserves, it is something you earn.

Each time you find a woman/man to be trustworthy, it reinforces more trust in that person.

So if your husband is doing paternity test on your children, it means he sees something wrong he wants to investigate. If nothing is actually wrong, it will reinforce his trust in you.

Leaving a Partner because he/she doesn't trust you is harsh and meaningless. Overtime, when a partner continues to spook on you and finds nothing, he/she will naturally trust you.

Trust is risky and can be costly, so the sensible thing to do in a relationship is to gradually test and trust a partner until you are fully satisfied you can give them all your heart. (E.g... You trust your partner not to cheat on you, only for you to find out that he/she passed something to you)

@ OP..... If he eventually finds out that he is the father, it would only reinforce the trust he has for you..I think there is nothing to worry about. You can then sit down 2gether and discuss the issue with maturity..... Divorcing him is irrational.... The next dude you might divorce him for might be even worse.

True talk my brother.
There is no smoke without a fire
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Nobody: 5:52am On Nov 03, 2012
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 03, 2012
Nice one... What further test is needed again? Father and child do things intuitively.. Nice.

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by tope3x(m): 6:10am On Nov 03, 2012
i have always thought of this all my life, no matter what,nothing can stop me from conducting the DNA....i am not ready to risk nursing a bastard. NEVER
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by odehaj: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2012
Gaggi: Lack of trust, dats what happens when a man marries a ho Jst for d beauty or sex. If paternity test is done for all women wahala go dey o.
Nothing truer than this statement walahi ta lahi gringrin
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by davinchi(m): 6:16am On Nov 03, 2012
pro01: Only a dubious woman demands trust from her husband or partner. A genuinely virtuous woman earns it. . .and strives to retain it - simply by keeping her hands clean and her path straight. You don't insist on keeping male 'friends' or going on 'business trips' with your randy boss, and yet expect a sensible husband to trust you.

Any sensible man would NEVER trust any human being (let alone a woman) 100%. That's pure foolishness. If there are sufficient grounds for suspicion, then by all means a man must conduct a paternity test to clear all doubts. A truly good woman wouldn't get angry with her husband for doing that. She would get angry with herself for not doing enough to earn his trust.

Only sneaky, slimy, deceitful women (and they are in the majority) would make foolish noise or threaten divorce (you can imagine) when their serial unfaithfulness is under suspicion.

God bless you.You just wrote my mind.YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.Ladies,let this write up be your guide

1 Like

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by lumideezle(m): 6:25am On Nov 03, 2012
What is wrong with a DNA Test? its only trying to be sure. Those saying that doing a DNA test proves he dosent trust u are just baseless because its like saying if my Fiancee goes for an HIV test it means she dosent trust me, or if my Fiancee insists on me taking the test B4 marriage it means she dosent trust me. For crying out loud its just to b SURE. DNA tests are like every other tests they are carried out to b absolutly sure of something no strings attached.imagine when you wanna Heir a driver and you decide to take him for a test drive and the guy takes it persornal that you dnt trust him bls bls bla.. How would u react? I am sure ul b like God purnish u lol. So apply the same sense to a DNA test !!
To answer the quest directly if a Man does DNA test on his kids you sld b glad that ur man is meticulous enuf to even remember to perform such tests and not think he does not trust you. Infact I've told my Fiancee that when I hv kids I wld perform the test for all of them no sneaking and no hiding place.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by lapagegirl(f): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2012
Many things make a man want to do paternity text not only distrust. when I have nothing to hide paternity is no big deal, it will help clear his fear.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Decryptor(m): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2012
greatgod2012: Doing dt implies dt he doesnt trust me, i will wait for him to get d result, i know d result will confirm his paternity, then i will politely sit him down and have some moments of discussion with him, after which i will divorce/separate from him, there is no use/sense in staying with a man who cant/wont trust me.

P. S one can do this if one is sure of 100% faithfulness to his partner.
Then seperate or divorce nah! as long as u dnt take the child with u if it's mine
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by saintneo(m): 6:31am On Nov 03, 2012

9000likes!
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by donniemc: 6:38am On Nov 03, 2012
Korrection: when i was in school,I stayed at dentistry quaters UBTH/UNIBEN for those of us that knew the place..Like 3 years back,I met a matron nurse whom i picked up along the dentistry quaters road as a lift to the hospital,she was looking unhappy so i asked her what the problem was and she started her story,very interesting i had to slow down so i could get all the gist...Her younger brother who is a medical doctor in the UK got married to a pretty lady before he left for the UK and they had a 10 year old child who stays in Nigeria with the mom,Now it was time for the guy to come pick his family to the UK..Of course a DNA test was carried out on the boy at UBTH there..It failed...the guy went to UNTH,it failed..the guy moved to Eku in Delta state it failed,He came back to find out from his wife,it was so funny that the wife denied not until when the guy threatend to kill her.Behold she opened up that 10 years ago few weeks before the marriage that a guy from convent who met her in the choir made love to her when she told her she was getting married so they did the final stuff and she got pregnant hooking it on the UK guys...It was terrible for the guy so he moved to london and promised never to be back again...The reason the matron was down...through out that day any girl i saw turns a cheat in my eye but na wetin man go do na...I must run a DNA test on my kids and i had to tell my wife to be the conditions to avoid had i known.

[size=14pt]The Solution is Simple ==> If you Want to Live a Happy Life Marry a 'White Woman', West african women are so unfaithful!![/size]
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by odehaj: 6:40am On Nov 03, 2012
saintneo:
9000likes!
don't you have a mind of ur own?omo get a life bouh!
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by dBard: 6:42am On Nov 03, 2012
quote author=adewaleafolabi]Have you guys ever wondered why in the occultic world they usually ask for the mother's name and not the father's? [/quote]
undecided undecided I never thought of that.. u do ve a point there .
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Decryptor(m): 6:47am On Nov 03, 2012
jidegirl12:

Okay I hear you! I just don't get what you're implying,

a parternity test versus phone drama ,

not even close,

I will lose my spark for that man after he recieves the result of the DNA.

We are DONE!!!
TALK IS CHEAP!!!
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Kayslim10(m): 6:48am On Nov 03, 2012
nous: Faithful ladies how would you react if you discovered that your husband did a paternity test for your children?
that means there is no iota of trust,and one shd be prepared.
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by davinchi(m): 6:49am On Nov 03, 2012
greatgod2012: Doing dt implies dt he doesnt trust me, i will wait for him to get d result, i know d result will confirm his paternity, then i will politely sit him down and have some moments of discussion with him, after which i will divorce/separate from him, there is no use/sense in staying with a man who cant/wont trust me.

P. S one can do this if one is sure of 100% faithfulness to his partner.

I just know dat you are joking because if you go to churches these days and see the number of very cute ladies tying,loosing,binding,casting,rejecting,rebuking and throwing perceived forces preventing them from marrying into the abyss,you will do everything to earn and maintain the trust of your partner rather than talk like one 18 year old teenager who feels that she has all the time in the whole wide world to do whatever she likes.[i]

5 Likes

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by odehaj: 6:51am On Nov 03, 2012
trust those beings ke?This one happened just last wk wen a friend caught his fiancee pant down with her fellow corper.He trusted her 1trillion times b4 then,how about that any response/advise from d house for him?She's been begging promising heaven&earth to change.my guy threatened to quite,wedding gown ready,other items ready. Pls advise as talks is today.your advice here may go a long way pls friends.
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by adieora(f): 6:51am On Nov 03, 2012
Damitism: Only a dullard(man) will trust a lady these days. I will do it even at d child's 3 month old birthday so i won't spend much on a bastard.

Watch ur words fish face.
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Decryptor(m): 6:56am On Nov 03, 2012
Lexoria: What do u xpect when most nigerian men are proud cheats all in the name of "its our culture","men are polygamus in nature".You've taught women the trend,they are learning well and adding some to it.Most of the men here running their mouth abt this aint/won't even (be) faithful to their spouses.
Shattaapppp! Who do the men cheat with? Their fellow men or dogs?
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Plutarch: 7:05am On Nov 03, 2012
I just think that many ladies are hypocritical most time.
So its bad for a man to do DNA on his 'children' but its good for married women to check their husbands' phone,fbk account,email in order to have peace of mind. Abi?
I am not a saint but i believe youthful sexual recklessness like sleeping with as many as possible is backfiring at us both in reality(infidelity) and psychologically(lack of trust).

1 Like

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by dBard: 7:10am On Nov 03, 2012
I ve personally had a funny experience.saw a newly married couple n d wife was said t be 2months pregnant but went I checked she was more than that. tried confirming discreetly from her n even did a scan t confirm but she was adamant, had t drop it in order not t brk up a new marriage.
My take is this, due t d state of d world we live in, paternity tests are necessary f some,but it implies distrust, so in order t keep d peace either do it secretly or let it be by mutual consent. bearing in mind that if she passes,she shld never know wat u did.. cool
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Gudintent: 7:16am On Nov 03, 2012
He is doing paternity test for the "supposed bastards" at home, I wonder who is doing the test for the ones outside undecided

Then again u are a woman u should expect ur husband to have a love child(ren) outside

Double standards as always! undecided

As u were.

1 Like

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2012
bjcole: & after then what happen, stay single or remarry, u think is as easy as that, divorce is what u dnt wish 4 ur enemy, U will leave ur home 4 another woman, what happens 2 d kids. I guess u r joking.

Thank you!

For me, I no go dull to check my kids @all; women are dangerous! I tell ya....After checking, if she gets angry and wants to leave....na her yawa be that!
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by CzarChris(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2012
adieora:

Watch ur words fish face.
You watch your mouth you Daughters of Jezebel. A clear conscience fears no DNA test, make una dey dia d shout divorce, you guys wanted free hands earlier. Abeg make dem try make dis DNA testing over the counter and easily available, to save men the agony of training other people bas-ta-rds.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 03, 2012
I've had a first hand experience about the infidelity of a woman,my very good friend in the university,who had been nursing a bastardd for good three yrs,till the. Wife opened up one nite,telling him he's not the father of the child. My friend was crying,and the woman left that day,and never returned home,and my friend travelled to the yankees,where he's doing fine.

I CAN NEVER TRUST A NIGERIA LADY,they are wolves in sheep's skin.

1 Like

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by born2boink(m): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2012

. It shal be well with you,3 gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!!
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Abali1(m): 8:02am On Nov 03, 2012
Before we get married, everyone will keep yapping about doing HIV test and other tests to be sure. So what difference does a DNA test make?
If you didn't trust me enough to have s,ex with me without knowing my HIV status, why in heavens name should I trust you enough not to do DNA test for my kids?

2 Likes

Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by lastpage: 8:21am On Nov 03, 2012

I just need to QUOTE this again!

+1000 Gboosa for you!
If your husband did the DNA test of the kids, no shaking,
he is just confirming and re-affirming his trust in you....
If the trust was 75% before, now its gonna jump up to 99%! kiss kiss

Otherwise, Yaawa go gazz o! shocked shocked angry angry

Divorce sef no go solve this one!

Lastpage!
Re: If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? by Truckpusher(m): 8:24am On Nov 03, 2012
adewaleafolabi: Have you guys ever wondered why in the occultic world they usually ask for the mother's name and not the father's?
Are you a cultist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Delivers After Two-Years Pregnancy / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. / Things People Who Lived In Face To Face Houses Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.