Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (27040 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2012
zinosleek: The atheist take responsibility for their actions while the more religious like the Christians and Muslims believes they are of higher calling and their actions whatever are authorised by their Supreme Being.

Religion makes man commit outrageous crimes ,mass murder and yet feel very happy about it.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordAdam: 8:10am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

Extra terrestrials you meant? They are not gods but advanced beings written about in the bible. Apparently the planet has been destroyed a lot of times. Perhaps as a result of advanced technology and genetical manipulations. Some of the them are manovolent and banovolent in nature.

Some people chose to worship them which sucks

You are an interesting piece! Do you think we have a creator?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

Story for kids. He loves us and yet killed his son wow! Why did he have to kill is son for us if indeed he created us? Why not just make his creatures perfect? If he is truly powerful,he would have killed satan.

Yahweh is not god. The term God has always been misused. God is everything you see around you,including you and your beloved yahweh. God Orderly Direction,Positive and Negative brings out the God attributes. All in one creates balance.

You have the right to your belief still. But i would waste my time worshiping a being like myself.

you know what you just committed? Idolatry---you made up a God in your mind that fits into what you want it to be
so according to you, you would rather want to be machine that has no free will? or what part of you being made in the image of God don't you get?....you have the ability to determine right from wrong and be morally perfect like God....it's all up to you

God is a being, a being that is outside of space and time, he is holy and good
God consist of three persons the father, the son and the holy spirit who are coequal in the same essence

he is a God of justice all sinners will be tortured in hell, God is eternal and every sin you commit against him is eternal and the punishment is eternal.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by leonshom(m): 8:16am On Nov 04, 2012
I think Science and Religion are two different things,*religion and Secularization* So where on earth did u c where science recorgnises religion?
God's-Word:
lol...atheist should know tehat God exists. Science itself has accepted that fact that there is a GOD a.k.a My heavenly father. I personally dislike discrimination. Countries still involved in that should be corrected.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

for someone who believes in the bible? <---what is that suppose to mean? i believe in God who Jesus claimed to be, and the bible is the testimony of eyewitnesses and also a Guide for moral uprightness
science in a form i would have existed as long as humans have been around i guess, but talking of hard science, it started in Europe
now we've moved from science to HARD science, the way you dolts would move from CHRISTIANS, to TRUE christians..

Where do we draw this line.... you believe in the BIBLE? Jesus's also mentioned in the quran.. why don't you believe the Quran?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
now we've moved from science to HARD science, the way you dolts would move from CHRISTIANS, to TRUE christians..

Where do we draw this line.... you believe in the BIBLE? Jesus's also mentioned in the quran.. why don't you believe the Quran?

i believe in the God the bible reveals, Islam got it's story about Jesus from Gnostic gospels which were written in the middle of the 2nd century, while Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were written in the first century......ask yourself which is more historically reliable? the ones written while eyewitnesses were still alive or the ones written far later after they're all dead?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 04, 2012
LordAdam:

You are an interesting piece! Do you think we have a creator?

Biologically yes, our soul is eternal/energy which can never be created nor destroyed.

The human body can be manipulated to any form,the soul is the real deal. The soul is the real you and its got no creator.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 8:30am On Nov 04, 2012
Are we really still on this issue?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Truckpusher(m): 8:32am On Nov 04, 2012
Atheism itself glorifies God naturally because all the religious philosophy makes up the world of atheism.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 8:32am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

Biologically yes, our soul is eternal/energy which can never be created nor destroyed.

The human body can be manipulated to any form,the soul is the real deal. The soul is the real you and its got no creator.

a soul without a creator is dirty nonsense and makes no sense
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

You really shouldn't be accusing people of not making sense... BELIEVE by FAITH..
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by leonshom(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2012
Whether Atheist,Christians,Muslim or free thinker,d fact remains that,u must bliv in something. An atheist bliv dat there is no God,while Xtians and Muslims bliv in d existence of 1 God,free thinkers bliv in Rationality & free will. If u bliv while on earth that there is God,and afta death nothin exist,well,@least u wuld av bin saved wiv some of ur immoral behaviours which wuld av led u to problem,uv'e gained sumtin, and if u don't bliv there is God while on earth,and after death,u realised there's God,definitely,u shud be ready 2 receive d Judgement ! D only controversial question is dat *Why do most religion,xpecially Xtianity and Islam bliv dat its d only way 2 make heaven ! If Christians says believing in Christ is d only way, and Islamists also claims dat believing in d Prophet is d only way,so I guez 1 shud be deciet and one shud be real,only if d 2 ways r real then. D only advice is dat,bliv in wateva u want and do good, we myt be Judged byour conducts while on earth.not necessarily d religion we bliv in !
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

you know what you just committed? Idolatry---you made up a God in your mind that fits into what you want it to be
so according to you, you would rather want to be machine that has no free will? or what part of you being made in the image of God don't you get?....you have the ability to determine right from wrong and be morally perfect like God....it's all up to you

God is a being, a being that is outside of space and time, he is holy and good
God consist of three persons the father, the son and the holy spirit who are coequal in the same essence

he is a God of justice all sinners will be tortured in hell, God is eternal and every sin you commit against him is eternal and the punishment is eternal.

God is not a being but an idea invented by some clever humans to keep their fellow humans in bondage.

Your god is a god of torture right? If he were real,i will put in in the same category as Hitler and the rest of the tyrants . He will have to go through a brain test because torturing is very inhumane.

Humans are not machines but soul who chose to have earthly experiences.

Serving yahweh is no different to surrendering your wallet at gun point

You take your morals from the bible, i take mine from common sense.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
You really shouldn't be accusing people of not making sense... BELIEVE by FAITH..

Faith? That is a decision to walk away from the truth.

The purpose of life is to live life,not worship like slaves
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 8:40am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
i do have faith, Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
i haven't met Jesus myself obviously but based on the evidences the apostles have left behind i believe, in the one and only true God.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordAdam: 8:41am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

The soul is energy i agree. But can never be created nor destroyed, then we have a dicey situation to expound. How then do you explain the about 10 billion souls that have existed distinctly over recorded time? Just popped out(which would not make sense since you said no creation), or recycled like energy should(which also would not make sense, since all souls that have existed usually do not have what a distinct identity. Like something that is fresh - not recycled)? And even if they turn out to be distinctly different after recycling(which can be observed in plastics), what is the process that mediates the recycling or change of personality?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

Faith? That is a decision to walk away from the truth.

The purpose of life is to live life,not worship like slaves
Lol, i was mocking tevin..

tevinsolt:
i do have faith, Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
i haven't met Jesus myself obviously but based on the evidences the apostles have left behind i believe, in the one and only true God.
But you choose to apply your 'FAITH/ILLOGIC' to only Jesus..
the Muslims apply theirs to the quran..
the Hindus also..
faith's not and has never been exclusive to Christianity...
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2012
leonshom: Whether Atheist,Christians,Muslim or free thinker,d fact remains that,u must bliv in something. An atheist bliv dat there is no God,while Xtians and Muslims bliv in d existence of 1 God,free thinkers bliv in Rationality & free will. If u bliv while on earth that there is God,and afta death nothin exist,well,@least u wuld av bin saved wiv some of ur immoral behaviours which wuld av led u to problem,uv'e gained sumtin, and if u don't bliv there is God while on earth,and after death,u realised there's God,definitely,u shud be ready 2 receive d Judgement ! D only controversial question is dat *Why do most religion,xpecially Xtianity and Islam bliv dat its d only way 2 make heaven ! If Christians says believing in Christ is d only way, and Islamists also claims dat believing in d Prophet is d only way,so I guez 1 shud be deciet and one shud be real,only if d 2 ways r real then. D only advice is dat,bliv in wateva u want and do good, we myt be Judged byour conducts while on earth.not necessarily d religion we bliv in !

Life is a cycle. You only reap what you sowed not what you believe in. If their really is a god,he wouldn't care whether you believe him or not.

What ever you put out is what your receive. Rather than wait for a sugar daddy,you can do the walking yourself..
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 8:47am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

what is a soul?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:

the Hindus also..

I only added to it lol
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

God is not a being but an idea invented by some clever humans to keep their fellow humans in bondage.

Your god is a god of torture right? If he were real,i will put in in the same category as Hitler and the rest of the tyrants . He will have to go through a brain test because torturing is very inhumane.

Humans are not machines but soul who chose to have earthly experiences.

Serving yahweh is no different to surrendering your wallet at gun point

You take your morals from the bible, i take mine from common sense.

so according to you being a just judge equates to being like Hitler? just so you know Hitler his going to face and account for what he did on earth in front of almighty God. when God was going to destroy sodom and gomorrah, Abraham had a discussion with God, he said if there were 50 righteous people in the city will he destroy it and God said because of those 50 he wont....he was written Abraham kept at it till 10 people and God still maintained his word, how is that bad tell me

if God was a concept made to keep in bondage, why were most of the apostles killed? what did the apostles gain than death sentences from the romans huh?

and believing in a God is a wise thing my friend, it a choice (free will), will all make choices day in day out, we only pray to make good ones.........and this one... i'm certain!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: what is a soul?
the soul is the real you, the soul is your personality....the soul is the you that's capable of good and evil but all comes down to what you choose.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:
the soul is the real you, the soul is your personality....the soul is the you that's capable of good and evil but all comes down to what you choose.
do imbeciles have souls? By imbeciles, I mean those born with 'brain defects'..
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 9:01am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:

the Hindus also..

no cuz you are the one here i'm not quite getting......Christianity and Islam claims to be the right path to the one true God, but when you have the two idea that contradicts each other, one must be wrong. now how do you eliminate

internal consistency, and the lives of those who started the belief system, whose life account promotes the teaching they offer..........clearly without doubt "Jesus"
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

so according to you being a just judge equates to being like Hitler? just so you know Hitler his going to face and account for what he did on earth in front of almighty God. when God was going to destroy sodom and gomorrah, Abraham had a discussion with God, he said if there were 50 righteous people in the city will he destroy it and God said because of those 50 he wont....he was written Abraham kept at it till 10 people and God still maintained his word, how is that bad tell me

if God was a concept made to keep in bondage, why were most of the apostles killed? what did the apostles gain than death sentences from the romans huh?

and believing in a God is a wise thing my friend, it a choice (free will), will all make choices day in day out, we only pray to make good ones.........and this one... i'm certain!

Firstly,sodom and Gomorrah in the bible was destroyed by atomic weapons(we can have a debate on that if you want)

Hitler will not face judgment but reap from his own karma. However he goes through it remains his own problem. Remember, every human is capable of being very good or extremely bad.nHitler was unfortunate to be the later. Same goes to all pastors who rip defenceless people off their monthly salaries.

There are several beings referred to as gods in the bible which includes yahweh and Elohim. They all served different purposes. Have you ever wondered why your prayers are not answered? Its because god is an illusion.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 9:03am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
are you human,is the soul material?
the answer to these is the answer to the question you asked me
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

no cuz you are the one here i'm not quite getting......Christianity and Islam claims to be the right path to the one true God, but when you have the two idea that contradicts each other, one must be wrong. now how do you eliminate

internal consistency, and the lives of those who started the belief system, whose life account promotes the teaching they offer..........clearly without doubt "Jesus"
Christianity, Islam and OTHHEEEEERR religions, you just picked, in your own words, the one which makes more 'sense' to your faith...
What do you mean by 'internal consistency'?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:
are you human,is the soul material?
the answer to these is the answer to the question you asked me

This was your definition of soul
tevinsolt:
The ability to differentiate 'good and bad' is an ability that can only be used by humans in a 'normal' state. I put normal in quotations to avoid arguments of what 'normal' means to a avoid unnecessary arguments that would only add a few more empty pages to such a delightful topic

One who's born with 'mental deficiency' clearly has no control over his actions, hence the need for supervision and close monitoring. Are they human? Yes.. Can they[b] control[/b] their actions? NO

So, I ask, do they have souls?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:

Imbeciles are biological deformed humans. Just like a factory rejected cars. Are you aware that scientist now cross breed human dna with dolphins to creat humans who can survive in the aquatic habitat. Same was done to us thousands of years ago.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 9:19am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:

This was your definition of soul

The ability to differentiate 'good and bad' is an ability that can only be used by humans in a 'normal' state. I put normal in quotations to avoid arguments of what 'normal' means to a avoid unnecessary arguments that would only add a few more empty pages to such a delightful topic

One who's born with 'mental deficiency' clearly has no control over his actions, hence the need for supervision and close monitoring. Are they human? Yes.. Can they[b] control[/b] their actions? NO

So, I ask, do they have souls?

So tell me is personality a physical trait?.... a person could be physically deformed but it doesn't it have anything to Do with the personality
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 9:25am On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:
good. Why was the soul fashioned in a way that is capable of good and evil simultaneously?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 9:25am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

Imbeciles are biological deformed humans. Just like a factory rejected cars. Are you aware that scientist now cross breed human dna with dolphins to creat humans who can survive in the aquatic habitat. Same was done to us thousands of years ago.

That's my area of study in college...it is not called cross breed...it is transgenic organism: an organism that was genetically modified using recombinant dna

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

Man 'Poisoned While Sleeping' In Delta, Survives Attack (Photos) / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / Armed Robber Caught At The Lords Chosen Church In Ondo,Tied With Rope(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.