Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,327 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (27039 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by SELFWORTH: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

Yahweh's puppet!

Devil's supreme commander grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by babadey(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2012
[b][/b]@lordbabs & logiswateva if there is nothing immoral or can't find anything bad about homosexualism,be happy to be one & pray your children be one too.Nothing personal. My fellow TRUE christain,the race to heaven is an individual race,why forcely convince somebady to join?,remember the greatest power GOD gave man is FREE WILL. My brothers,nobady gave us the right to judge/criticise anybady,that's God's work not thy,why would you want to claim the moral high ground?. What you should be doing is preaching the word of God & leave "them them" to judge but don't follow suit. Always have it in mind that the end shall justify the means. I'd rather live my life believing God exists and die finding out HE doesn't THAN live as if HE doesn't and find out he does. Am not a pastor.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 10:41am On Nov 04, 2012
mormodica: So,in essence atheists are the worst criminals when you consider the gravity of their immorality i.e not believing in the existence of God.
lmao! So your own cretinous perception about immorality is not believing the existence of your stûpid god? What a clown!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by thehomer: 10:41am On Nov 04, 2012
blink182: My mind still can not understand how one labels himself for destruction. I am really sorry for all atheists and this thread proves nothing.

I will rather be a mean Christian than a nice lost soul. I am really sorry for you guys and it will really hurt should you die in this state. Despite miracles and everything, you choose not to believe in any God.

And I'm sorry for you because you've just admitted that you'll rather be a serial killer than a saint because going to this fabled heaven is your primary goal. I guess religion is made for the likes of you. Most of us don't need the carrot of heaven or the stick of hell to be good people. You have in fact demonstrated that atheists are more moral than at least your type Christian.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by SELFWORTH: 10:43am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: neither does it change the fact that it doesn't exist. Simpletön!

You obviously can't read. Read my comment again. The sky remains blue whether you believe its pink or purple personally does not change its colour. So it is with GOD. It matters not what all these GOD haters believe. He remains God. If you don't know now, you will eventually when death comes knocking on your door.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

I find these kind of postings annoying. Those who are NOT Christians seem to be the experts on Christianity.
1 cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight

No one cares about any verse of corinthians. You don't need to shove it down our throats. Don't forget to pay ur tithe today. Oyedepo needs more private jets
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by thehomer: 10:44am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

As soon as you can prove how you became a human being and not a Dog or pig, then your question will be answered. People may base thier belief in God on meracles what is yours based on?

How can someone prove how they became human and not some other animal? Is this even a meaningful question?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

You obviously can't read. Read my comment again. The sky remains blue whether you believe its pink or purple personally does not change its colour. So it is with, it matters not what all these GOD haters believe. He remains God. If you don't know now, you will eventually when death comes knocking on your door.

No God No God...... Have you seen him before? Yes the sky is up there,certainly without a god.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by SELFWORTH: 10:46am On Nov 04, 2012
thehomer:

How can someone prove how they became human and not some other animal? Is this even a meaningful question?

My point exactly STUPID.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2012
baba dey: [b][/b]@lordbabs & logiswateva if there is nothing immoral or can't find anything bad about homosexualism,be happy to be one & pray your children be one too.Nothing personal. My fellow TRUE christain,the race to heaven is an individual race,why forcely convince somebady to join?,remember the greatest power GOD gave man is FREE WILL. My brothers,nobady gave us the right to judge/criticise anybady,that's God's work not thy,why would you want to claim the moral high ground?. What you should be doing is preaching the word of God & leave "them them" to judge but don't follow suit. Always have it in mind that the end shall justify the means. I'd rather live my life believing God exists and die finding out HE doesn't THAN live as if HE doesn't and find out he does. Am not a pastor.
homosexualism is a beauteous act of nature. If my children exhibit it, i'll gladly promote them. If it vexes your idiötic god, make e go hug transformer.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

I find these kind of postings annoying. Those who are NOT Christians seem to be the experts on Christianity.
1 cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight

Truth is bitter!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by SELFWORTH: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

No God No God...... Have you seen him before? Yes the sky is up there,certainly without a god.

MY POINT EXACTLY. DEVILS SUPREME RECRUITS grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by thehomer: 10:49am On Nov 04, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

First 21% of a hundred is approximately slightly less than 27% of a thousand when you consider them proportionally.

Wow. Where did you learn this sort of calculation?

Uyi Iredia:
Now it would be stupid of you to pretend that atheism had no hand in the murders committed by Stalin & Pol Pot. Many churches in Russia were burned and priests killed or imprisoned for their faith. Although Hitler was a Christian he was an avid Darwinist.

That highlighted sentence is false.

Uyi Iredia:
His firm belief in survival of the fittest and the superiority of the Aryan race drove him to commit the worst genocide in history. Think PROPERLY before you reply.

This claim of superiority of the Aryan race is not a part of Darwin's theory.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Devil's supreme commander grin

As long as i am not bowing to anyone,i would gladly remain devils commader. wink
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:
Oyedepo needs more private jets
imagine! I wonder what atheist would buy private jets like cloth, knowing fully well the ineffable poverty of mankind. Highly inhumane! Highly immoral!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by SELFWORTH: 10:51am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Truth is bitter!

For you and many other recruits of the devil i guess. God remains who He is whatever you or your remaining GOD HATERS on NL think or believe or see. Stop wasting your time and get a life. It does not change the world or anyone's opinion. Only ignorant people like yourselves will follow you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by thehomer: 10:51am On Nov 04, 2012
ijawkid: The theme of this post should have been..
:::::

ATHEISTs ARE MORE"" MORAL"" THAN FALSE CHRISTIANS/MUSLIMS.....

Because if we go by your conclusion then we can as well say atheists are as good as Jesus.....that would be crazy...........

there is no way an atheist would be more moral than a genuine Christian....not In this world......

The error here is that Christianity is not synonymous with morality unless you wish to commit a logical fallacy.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 10:53am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

MY POINT EXACTLY. DEVILS SUPREME RECRUITS grin
who created this devil in the first place?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

For you and many other recruits of the devil i guess. God remains who He is whatever you or your remaining GOD HATERS on NL think or believe or see. Stop wasting your time and get a life. It does not change the world or anyone's opinion. Only ignorant people like yourselves will follow you. grin grin grin grin

God is a HE with private part? Please explain if you can.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by thehomer: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

My point exactly STUPID.

So your point was to stupidly raise a question?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

How can I hate that which I dont believe in? wink I am not a god hater, just like I am not a tooth fairy hater.

People are wising up to your slave religion and non-existent god and it is paining you.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 10:55am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH:

away to your sunday school, bigot!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by SELFWORTH: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2012
To All GOD HATERS on NL.

The same faith that awaits you is that which fell on those who have gone before you who believe in only their own existence.

It is not intelligence, or a lack thereof, that leads a person to reject belief in God. It is a lack of morals that leads a person to reject belief in God. People do not reject the idea of there being a Creator Being. Rather, people reject the idea of there being a Creator Being who demands morality from His creation. In order to clear their consciences and relieve themselves of guilt, people reject the idea of God as the only source of absolute morality. Doing so allows atheists to live however they choose—as morally or immorally as they desire—with no feelings of guilt for their refusal to be accountable to God.
Belief in a divine Being is accompanied by a feeling of accountability and responsibility toward that Being. So, to escape from the condemnation of conscience, which itself was created by God, one must deny the existence of God in order to deny the moral pull of the conscience.

The point of “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God’” is that a lack of evidence of His existence is not the true reason people reject belief in God. People reject belief in God due to a desire to live free of the moral constraints He requires and to escape the guilt that accompanies the violation of those constraints. “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them … men are without excuse … their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools … Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie” (Romans 1:18-25).

FINALLY : Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

CONCLUSION: You are all FOOLS

grin grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: imagine! I wonder what atheist would buy private jets like cloth, knowing fully well the ineffable poverty of mankind. Highly inhumane! Highly immoral!

Only brainwashed humans will keep paying them tithes. It shows the human race as got a long long way to go.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by greaterlove(m): 11:01am On Nov 04, 2012
LordAdam:

Someone could be born to believe there is no God. It is mathematical possibility.

Then, for me i believe there is God, which makes me a THEIST. But then i believe Religion is crazy, and that makes me UNRELIGIOUS. That makes me an UNRELIGIOUS THEIST. Think it is not possible, i would give you a headstart, go into the history books. There is a God, and a very complex supernatural. But through my study of this God, he did not start religion, man did, and the result is the same as all of man's creation. This God was wise enough to put universal rules that everyone should follow, Man craving for importance among his other men sought for orders to self-interpret these rules and enjoy followership which is only a few letters short of self-worship.

Atheists have a very big disadvantage and many advantages. The big disadvantage is that they chose not to believe in God simply because they do not see why God should be celebrated by a very large proportion of people that through history have been derailed i should say. The advantages are that at the expense of not recognizing an all-knowing factor, they have been able to provide some sanity to the derailed population.

For the religious, it is business as usual, using the fact that we are all born with the free will to question our existence and striving for a connection to something higher to achieve selfish desires.

I see one similarity though. Both Atheists and the Religious theists are on each others necks, trying to show the inborn superiority complex which is the mother of all mortal crimes committed. I gave up that thinking a long time off. Now i understand things a lot better, i don't breathe on anyone's neck. I accept our differences as normal and live with my fellow man according to general rules that were left by GOD and that usually transcends religious boundaries. Unlike many, i think with a little inkling by yourself to find answers and by the divine direction of God, you would find answers, whether you are Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Traditionalist, Buddhism, just as long as you believe that there is a Supreme God and a lot of basic questions that you would not be able to answer convincibly. Leave the fighting, get on with life which should be all about living for others.

Throughout my long search for this truth that i now hold, i traversed religious scribblings, atheist ideas, and one thing i found out that was uniform was that they all think that We should love one another as ourselves. Like my atheist friend said somewhere in the first page of the thread, do unto others what you think should be done to you.

The Abrahamic religions say God is Love. The eastern religions believe Love is the most powerful force in the universe. I believe in both, and my message to you this sunday morning is the message of Love. If you have it, it would remove all strife, and make your life more peaceful and meaningful. We all have our beliefs and we should hold on to them as convinced as we are, but Love is what i share with you.

Happy Sunday Folks. And may the grace of the Lord be with you all.
LordAdam over and out!
i had to quote your post lordadam because i wanted those who missed it earlier to go through it again, and to bring it to our consciousness that whatever you profess or claim to believe love for your fellow man and nature around you is the greatest good you can do on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by EreluY(f): 11:03am On Nov 04, 2012
If we acknowledge the thesis that morality and religion are logically independent; and, the fact that religion, paradoxically, has been responsible for much of the good and evil witnessed in this world both historically and contemporaneously, we wouldn't be debating this matter.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 11:05am On Nov 04, 2012
thehomer:

So your point was to stupidly raise a question?
i guess the cretìn has completely lost it!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2012
SELFWORTH: To All GOD HATERS on NL.

The same faith that awaits you is that which fell on those who have gone before you who believe in only their own existence.

It is not intelligence, or a lack thereof, that leads a person to reject belief in God. It is a lack of morals that leads a person to reject belief in God. People do not reject the idea of there being a Creator Being. Rather, people reject the idea of there being a Creator Being who demands morality from His creation. In order to clear their consciences and relieve themselves of guilt, people reject the idea of God as the only source of absolute morality. Doing so allows atheists to live however they choose—as morally or immorally as they desire—with no feelings of guilt for their refusal to be accountable to God.
Belief in a divine Being is accompanied by a feeling of accountability and responsibility toward that Being. So, to escape from the condemnation of conscience, which itself was created by God, one must deny the existence of God in order to deny the moral pull of the conscience.

The point of “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God’” is that a lack of evidence of His existence is not the true reason people reject belief in God. People reject belief in God due to a desire to live free of the moral constraints He requires and to escape the guilt that accompanies the violation of those constraints. “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them … men are without excuse … their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools … Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie” (Romans 1:18-25).

grin grin

If all atheists are fools, I wonder how you can become the Ambassador of Japan. The contradiction will kill you. 64% of Japanese are atheists who have a more moral, healthy and peaceful society than your Nigeria or America. I wonder if you could call them fools to their faces.

Being good has nothing to do with religion.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2012

grin grin

I am so sorry you think in a very primitive way. Bigot of the year!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by thehomer: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2012

grin grin

And now you're in danger of that hell fire you're so scared of.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 11:06am On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

God is a HE with private part?
and 2 almighty têsticles...

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by thehomer: 11:07am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: i guess the cretìn has completely lost it!

It is what we've come to expect from his type.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

Man 'Poisoned While Sleeping' In Delta, Survives Attack (Photos) / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.