Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,478 members, 7,865,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:01 AM

Breach Of Promise To Marry - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Breach Of Promise To Marry (3503 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Non Virgin Girl? / Who's That Nlander You've Secretly Had A Crush For And I Promise I Won't Tell / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breach Of Promise To Marry by BlackBaron: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
Yes ke
You still stuck in 1942 mate...

I'll advise you to read up a bit, most countries have even abolished legal grounds to sue except in cases of recovery of an asset, engagement ring et al.
Re: Breach Of Promise To Marry by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
meaning exceptions still can be made!!!
Re: Breach Of Promise To Marry by BlackBaron: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Only that it won't be called Breach of promise to marry anymore. Capisce!
Re: Breach Of Promise To Marry by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
BlackBaron: Only that it won't be called Breach of promise to marry anymore. Capisce!
so its breach of what?
Re: Breach Of Promise To Marry by BlackBaron: 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
Anyone can file any motion if they so wish BUT doesn't mean the case has merit.

Except in extenuating cases (insert here) this case is open to exploitation; gold digging and all.

Even if you decide to sue, you should prolly check if there are grounds on which to sue. This law got repealed in some countries as far back as the 19XX's
Re: Breach Of Promise To Marry by RudySmith(m): 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
just the lawyers fee will set that person back some few thousands of $$$$, so anyone wanting to get their invested money back should think twice before going down that route.
Re: Breach Of Promise To Marry by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
BlackBaron: Anyone can file any motion if they so wish BUT doesn't mean the case has merit.

Except in extenuating cases (insert here) this case is open to exploitation; gold digging and all.

Even if you decide to sue, you should prolly check if there are grounds on which to sue. This law got repealed in some countries as far back as the 19XX's
but in this instance it will be based on the breach of what...since its not a breach of promise to marry?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Slapped Me!!! / My Relationship With Women Pls Help / How To Please Your Man Without Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.