Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,354 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (8879 Views)

Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Aggressa(m): 12:03am On Nov 01, 2006
@Babyosisi et JosBoy4lif
grin grin Interesting exchange between you two. If I may come in please; Josboy, yes we need to hold hand in other to move Nigeria forward, we've been doing that for the past 40 something years and it has resulted in this mess called Nigeria because we keep dragging each other backward because "our hands are together". Every section of the country has had it's own contribution to the state of Nigeria, but some regions much more than the other.
The southern girls who you claim are into prostitution in the north would not have been there if Gowon has had the intelligence to put Nigeria on the part to greatness with our new oil wealth of the 70's.
Shagari, Babangida and Abacha institutionalized corruption in Nigeria, to such an extent that the corrupt thieves are the ones rewarded with political appointments and chieftancy titles; while the hard-working educated geek is the man nobody wants as an in-law grin grin, what do you think that has done to the mindset of young Nigerians? Answer: Corruption pays!!!, since a lot can't get jobs despite education because of 'Quota system', they either travel out or become yahoo boys as you claim. By the way internet scam is common in the south while northerners carry out more juicy, less risky LPO contract scams in Abuja, becoming overnight millionaires with Honda cars as favourites.
Why are Niger Delta youths on rampage,? they live in abject poverty while oil money is used to build Abuja and other parts of the country.
The way forward is that we do not have to "hold hands together tightly"; let's revert to true federalism with regional government and regional resource control. We can still remain one Nigeria and get the benefit of our large population but let the different regions determine their destiny. So if Belloti and co want Yerima or Babangida to be the Premier of the Northern Nigeria--all well and good, best of luck. Those of us in the South-west who want Fayose or Tafa Balogun to lead us will compete with those of us who will not allow them; While Babyosisi and co will determine whether Orji Kalu or Alamieseigha can lead the South East. You see different regions will be able to determine how they want to move on rather than draw each other back. What I am drawing out is that Africa from inception has largely been administered on tribal grounds before 'oyinbo' came with democracy, we now need to fashion that democracy to suit our idiosyncracies in Nigeria. Forcefully coexisting without addressing that issue honestly will kepp us backwards which is what the 'oyinbos' want. We have near-homogenous regional geo-political zones thatcan be the seats of regional government and we can then establish inter-regional economic, social etc cooperation as necessary. In short, let's have a weak centre and strongs regions, it will drive corruption out.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 01, 2006
by the way,orji is a joke.
We might as well have yerima.

Havila have you noticed northerners are the only ones calling for one Nigeria.
What are they scared of will happen if we decentralise?
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by gerrard(m): 12:49am On Nov 01, 2006
i don't know why ahmed is bodering himself of becoming president 07, when you look at efcc report ahmed is under investigation. also, he turn zamfara to islam state or islamising people and such a person has an ambition of 07 presidential poll, doesn't it seem funny?
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:15am On Nov 01, 2006
@babyosisi
Nigeria will never decentralize. As long as we have a tough military all of you who Nigeria to split into 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 better be ready for another civil war
Who told you that Sotherners can lay claim to all of the Oil that was discovered by Nigerians?

I keep mentioning the fact that Nigeria is one because it will remain one. Go ahead and lay all of your conspiracies, but many of the people who talk the talk. Will never be ready to walk the walk. FYI im not even Hausa!

I just respect the fact that Nigeria will progress, though people like you are out to see Nigeria digress and digress
I do infact have hope.

@ Havilla
Your comments were noted. So these Niger Delta people who lay claim to the oil also believe that the oil should be controlled by who?
Yahoo boys who are internet searching for innocent prey can be justified because the North is at fault?
It is so easy to lay blame on others. Maybe we as Nigerians need to look inward and realize that we share more in common then meets the eye.
So we should have weak centre and strong regions so that we can further divide ourselves?
What we need to do is rid the the country of corruption and this starts by revolutionizing our whole ideology pertaining one another.

and FYI Babangida will win the next presidential elections (otherwise it will be ATIKU) undecided
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Aggressa(m): 1:38am On Nov 01, 2006
@Josboy4lif,
Believe me sincerely, Nigeria will not break up but we WILL reorganise that nation. You either dont get it or you deliberately dont want to. We are not supposed to be together as ONE nation, we are indeed an 'amalgation' because we are 'together and yet still separate' in everything. We cannot move forward until we address out federal structure and more and more people are already seeing the need for that.
This has little to do with military, we will still have one military for Nigeria but regional administrative gorvernments.
So who should lay claim to the oil in the south? if not the states where the oil is dicovered?
Dont get me wrong, I am not blaiming the north for anything just tracing the root of some problems in Nigeria. We do not share a lot in common my friend we should not deceive ourselves with the false rethorics. Neither can we rid ourselves of our ideology because that is what defines us. That is why we need to understand our relationship and define it.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:46am On Nov 01, 2006
I am aware of our ideology as being the fibre of who we are,
but this does not mean that we should not try to adjust so as to live amongst each other.

It is quite ubsurd that we would certain ethnic groups would rather inter marry with oyinbo than a neighbouring ethnic group
If our problem is Ideology why is it that when we come abroad we assimilat even better then the Jamaicans or other Caribbean Blacks.
And I will say it again we have more in common then we would like to admit.

I totally agree with you on the point that we need to restructure our government as whole.
Rid ourselves from the axis of corruption. But to say that we cannot do this together as a cohesive unit would be plain wrong.

This thread started out as a discussion to talk about a Presidential aspirant.
But that quickly shifted as soon as certain individuals came to spread there propaganda
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by lewa(m): 3:07am On Nov 01, 2006
Interesting thread so far. I wonder who said Buhari and Murtala were the most honest presidents we ever had(josboy).
Murtala for your information made MKO rich.Due process was not adhered to but that is a discussion for another day.Secondly Buhari can't claim to be detribalised. He locked up mostly Southern politicians as president and as PTF chaireman most of the projects were executed in the north. As presidential aspirant he never campaigned in the S/E apart from Chuba Okadigbo's state.So Josboy check your facts. I am no tribalist but i believe in setting the records straight. Rogues exist in all tribes-yoruba,ibo.fulani, hausa,tiv,jinkun,igbira,idoma and what have you andi believe in our common aspirations as a people united under one God,indivisible.However, the hausa/fulani oligarchy and their impish minions don't share this nationalistic view-so i blame not NDVF,OPC,MASSOB and the like because they were borne out of frustration of the respective tribes.A poser  Dr Shehu Malami-respected northern prince of the caliphate that said it was the birthright of the north to rule Nigeria-imagine that. The north invariable with the kleptocratic element of its elite put us in this guagmire we are in now a la'-Murtala,Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Odeku(m): 3:31am On Nov 01, 2006
This is the reason we should do everything in our power post any negative article you read and see on this bambaclot to deter their hope of running our nation.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 01, 2006
I was hoping fervently that this would not end up as  a north versus south discourse but as is inevitable, the fight for the presidency is really more about the fight for the nation's resources than a genuine aspiration to improve the lot of the people. The problem is those who have never made the slightest contribution to those resources are the ones angling to be in charge!

JosBoy4Lif:

You claim that southerners get mistreated in the north.
So in the South  Northerner get what? Preferential treatment?
You point on that ground has absolutely no bearing.

Why would the northerner expect preferential treatment in a southern company? The reason companies have thrived in the south and those in the north have floundered is because while those in the south are primarily interested in growth and are prepared to hire the best hands, northern companies are run as family businesses!
We know those who get preferential treatments at "federal"  ministeries in the name of quota system!

JosBoy4Lif:

I don't know how you can think that one ethnic group is more intellectually superior than another.
But this should not be a suprise as even amongst ethnic groups in the south there is bias beliefs about eachother

It is no longer a matter of mere "thinking", it is a FACT that the south is intellectually superior to the north if not why do we have Educationally less disadvantaged states? Are they from Niger?  Why do we have quota system? For who was federal character enshrined and why?

JosBoy4Lif:

@babyosisi
Nigeria will never decentralize. As long as we have a tough military all of you who Nigeria to split into 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 better be ready for another civil war
Who told you that Sotherners can lay claim to all of the Oil that was discovered by Nigerians?

I keep mentioning the fact that Nigeria is one because it will remain one. Go ahead and lay all of your conspiracies, but many of the people who talk the talk. Will never be ready to walk the walk. FYI im not even Hausa!

Funny that those who yell "One Nigeria" the loudest are those who stand to lose the most with a divided Nigeria. If Nigeria descends into civil war at all it will not be because of the zealousness of some to guard the nation but the fight by some to retain their firm grips on the goose that lays the golden egg!

JosBoy4Lif:

Your comments were noted. So these Niger Delta people who lay claim to the oil also believe that the oil should be controlled by who?
Yahoo boys who are internet searching for innocent prey can be justified because the North is at fault?
It is so easy to lay blame on others. Maybe we as Nigerians need to look inward and realize that we share more in common then meets the eye.
So we should have weak centre and strong regions so that we can further divide ourselves?
What we need to do is rid the the country of corruption and this starts by revolutionizing our whole ideology pertaining one another.

and FYI Babangida will win the next presidential elections (otherwise it will be ATIKU) undecided

1. If the oil is not controlled by those in the Niger Delta, who should control it? The hausas who have no idea where the oil comes from? It is only in Nigeria that resources are "controlled" (more like appropriated by force!) by a central government.
2. If yahoo boys are searching the internet, it is because those they (s)elected to improve their lot have done nothing but loot the treasury while sending their own children to foreign countries! What of the hausa boys? Most are either in quranic schools, roaming the streets as almajiris or loitering around enjoying the ill-gotten wealth of their parents stolen off the sweat of southerners!
3. What do hausas and southerners have in common? How did Awolowo lose the election to a grade II teacher in 1979?
Who are those who voted for Obasanjo?
4. Corruption was the brain child of your indolent hausa generals and mullahs! We remember less than 25 yrs ago when such was completely foreign to us!
5. When you say for a FACT that Babangida and Atiku will win the next elections, it is further proof that indeed we the people do not really have a say in who governs us. Indeed our votes have been hijacked by a cabal that is bent on ruining the nation and perpetuating the status quo!
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 01, 2006
Most of these Igbos that are yelling one Nigeria, do you realize that most businesses in every part of Nigeria is owned by Igbos?, What do you expect to do to Igbo people's investments if Nigeria ends up splitting? Why do you think no Igbo man with a job cares about seccesion? We have businesses all over the country and we don't want to lsoe our investments. Please ohh, I support one Nigeria.

Yerima for president?, We all know that is a joke.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:24am On Nov 01, 2006
Dangote, Lar, Odidi are phew porminant business men who have thrived in your quote end quote "floundered" North
Not to talk of the immense agricultural and mineral sectors that lie in the North
They have provided jobs for many Nigerians in and outside of Nigeria.

You are right those oil resources are the golden egg of Nigeria. Your point? We will remain as one, therefore we will distribute wealth.
If your leaders are just or even more corrupt that Northern leaders and no one sees the money from the oil wealth. When more infrastructure is being built in Kaduna then LAgos that is not the fault of the North.

and your boys are forced to do armed robbery and 419 it is the fault of the North
When you dont understand that cities such as Lagos and PH are @ an advantage due to the ports, yet people would rather ship things through Ghana due to the lack of corruption at there ports you blame the North.

So you believe that if Northerners were stratigically removed from Nigeria, Nigeria would autamatically become this wonderful nation that you have engraved in your mind. I will not bother to speak with exclamations for you can understand my point. No one people is responsible for the mess that Nigeria is in.

There are smart yoruba, dumb yoruba, greedy yoruba, trustworthy yourba, "" Igbo, ""Igbo, ""Igbo, ""Hausa, ""Hausa,""Hausa
So you see we are all responsible for what Nigeria is, and I believe that we can all change it.
Do I believe IBB will win yes. Do I want IBB to win. NO.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by lewa(m): 7:15am On Nov 01, 2006
Josboy-i wonder what "immense agricultural and mineral sectors lie in the north and the attendant employment it has provided" ?I could use some info there. Secondly so its only southerners that are involved in armed robbery and 419?
I wonder about those pillaging the roads up in the north.Or perhaps they are chadiens/nigeriens?Could be grin.The north not to be economical with the truth ,has had no input into Nigeria apart from providing us with brigand rulers who have squandered the resources of the S/S and have utilised the "quota system" to abuse the federal civil service and also ruined the economy.Apart from Dangote ,who else in the north is an enterprenuer?The south has got gazillion industrialists and the likes working hard and not unlike some people waiting for rankadede who live off the federal allocation and cannot generate internal revenue to run their states.Take it- if oil were to be in the north, we would be saying something different now.IBB,ATIKU.BUHARI,MARWA,GUSAU,YERIMA,MARKAFI or whoever can't rule .What is their pedigree apart from being rogues?
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by alwahidi(m): 7:49am On Nov 01, 2006
DEAR ALL.
AL FATIHAH FOR SULTAN OF SOKOTO AND ALSO FOR OTHERS .
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by alwahidi(m): 7:51am On Nov 01, 2006
BABYOISI.
OH MY GOD.WHY DONT YOU ALL JUST STAY UNITED.WHY SO DIFFICULT?
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by lewa(m): 7:54am On Nov 01, 2006
foreign mongrel grin
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by belloti(m): 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2006
You guys have really turned our topic into something else. But i can see why Yarima is not getting your support. Its basically a regional thingy. For all you care its not really about yarima per se, it was about the incapability of my northern brethren. There is practically nothing i can do about this to win you guys over. But i assure you i am a detribalised nigerian and i am willing to support your annointed candidates if they can bring about the positive changes we are yearning for.

Having said that, Yarima remains my favourite candidate and i beg for your understanding.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by lewa(m): 3:18pm On Nov 01, 2006
@ Belloti,
shorry grin for digressing, so your boy don pick up nomination forms. Anyways incase he decides to come abroad to campaign, gimme a call.Could be of some help
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by lewa(m): 3:18pm On Nov 01, 2006
'shorry'-intentional
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by belloti(m): 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2006
Lewa, you are welcome. we are going to join hands to move this country forward. we have waited a long time for this chance.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Aggressa(m): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2006
@Josboy4lif/Belloti et al;
Somehow and unfortunately, this thread seems to have digressed from Yerima's incapability to lead Nigeria to a North vs South issues. This is not true and not productive. As my newly found friend Belloti suggested, can we please go back to Yerima's issue? But not before I reply some of Josboy4lif statement.

@Josboy,
Were you tired when typing your last post, because I had some difficulty understanding what you were saying compared to our former discussions. So rest and come back. grin Anyway, let me try.

Quote from Josboy: You are right those oil resources are the golden egg of Nigeria. Your point? We will remain as one, therefore we will distribute wealth. If your leaders are just or even more corrupt that Northern leaders and no one sees the money from the oil wealth. When more infrastructure is being built in Kaduna then LAgos that is not the fault of the North.

You got that totally wrong, the oil resources are Not the golden egg of Nigeria but of the oil-producing regions ideally, so wealth will need to be re-ditributed accordingly. For your information, I am a Yoruba and not from south-south but I lived and worked in the Bayelsa years ago (heart of Ijaw nation) and I saw people living in abject poverty with my own eyes, I could not believe it despite being the source of our wealth. If more infrastructure is being built in Kano/Kaduna than Lagos (although that is not true!!) it is simply because some 'people' falsely doctored their population figures to the extent that Nigeria is the only demographic aberrant in the world with more people in the sahel/savanah compared to the densely populated coastal region, resulting in Kano/Kaduna receiving more federal allocation that Lagos (imagine!!)

Quote from Josboy: and your boys are forced to do armed robbery and 419  it is the fault of the North
When you don't understand that cities such as Lagos and PH are @ an advantage due to the ports, yet people would rather ship things through Ghana due to the lack of corruption at there ports you blame the North.

Yes, people will rather ship things through Ghana than Lagos port because of the corruption of Nigeria customs. Now Josboy, since independence, who has been in charge of Nigeria customs----> the Northern elite, in fact the head of customs was part and parcel of the dictate of the Sokoto caliphate until maybe 80's. Go through the heads of the customs and see. Atiku, one the leading thiefs in Nigeria, was a top customs officer before retiring. So who do you blame?

Yes ,we all need to work together to move Nigeria forward, that is we need to address our federal structure to relfect true federalism. Nigeria must NOT break up, we simply need to reduce power at the centre and mor powers to the regions. We will still beneft from our large population for attracting foreign investments etc ut at least different regions will determine what is relevant to them. Many stupid policies have been implemeted in Nigeria as a whole, with lot of money wasted, simply to address the interest of a section. That is not fair and will not happen in a true federalism.

@Belloti,
my friend, don't take this has a 'verdict' on the North, in fact majority of northern massess are living far worse than their equivalent in the south, because only a clique determined to perpetuate the feudal oligarchy in Nigeria, are responsible for the calamity of the north and Nigeria as a whole, with active collaboration by some southerners (e.g Abiola, yes!!) I know you are a sincere guy; peope like you need to join us and confront, rather than support, indolents like Sani Yerima, Atiku, IBB, Orji Kalu etc. Until we "decentralise" by God's grace, Belloti, present a tested and proven or better candidate from the North and you will see how we will appraise and support the person. Somebody like el-Rufai has shown some success in administering Abuja, and I will personally support and campaing for him rather than Prof Pat Utomi. Why? I personally believe he is better, more experienced in administration, has shown what he can do in public position and Abuja is in a more sensible position today because of his dogedness. Utomi on the other hand has never held any public position; he might have "overwhelming academic credentials" but he has no experience in public leadership. Leadership is not what you teach in classroom, it is what you do in a postion of authrority and it comes only with experience, Utomi has virtually none, he will be better for now has a Minister or member of house of reps, or state commissioner but not as President. A lot of peoples supported Abiola in the annulled election simpy because he was relatively better than the available "alternathief", Alhaji Tofa, who does not even know the price of a litre of petrol during the presidential election debate, remember? Both Abiola and Tofa were a deplorable choice of candidates to lead a nation, however that is our nation and nothing seems to have changed now. Dont get me wrong, I am just giving a principle here and not endorsing el-Rufai if you understand what I mean.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 02, 2006
belloti:

You guys have really turned our topic into something else. But i can see why Yarima is not getting your support. Its basically a regional thingy. For all you care its not really about yarima per se, it was about the incapability of my northern brethren. There is practically nothing i can do about this to win you guys over. But i assure you i am a detribalised nigerian and i am willing to support your annointed candidates if they can bring about the positive changes we are yearning for.

Having said that, Yarima remains my favourite candidate and i beg for your understanding.

To be candid, after 40 yrs of wandering in the wilderness thanks to the rudderless and pernicious governments of your northern brethren it is hard to imagine me supporting anyone from the north as president. I lived in the North (Yola to be precise) for one yr and it did not take me long to understand why Nigeria can never develop! Two people with opposing ideologies can never live together no matter how "detribalised" they profess to be.
I lived in Federal Medical Center quarters and you'd be amazed at the quality of doctors on parade there! Most of them would not even qualify as house residents in most southern private hospitals!!!

There was NO running water for 1 yr! Electricity supply was at a premium, petrol is better obtained at the market than fuel stations, there is no industry and the civil service is a prime example in indolence!
Yet this same state that cannot generate up to half of its own budget in internal revenue is happy to "fight" for its "share" of the national cake, baked with the sweat of the impoverished south!
These same people are still clamouring to rule this nation! Only in Nigeria!

JosBoy4Lif:

Dangote, Lar, Odidi are phew porminant business men who have thrived in your quote end quote "floundered" North
Not to talk of the immense agricultural and mineral sectors that lie in the North
They have provided jobs for many Nigerians in and outside of Nigeria.

You could only muster three names?
Dangote - You mean to claim that man who along with Shagari, Umaru Dikko and co completely misappropriated our foreign reserve (estimated at $3bn as at 1979), plunged us into national debt and ruined our budding rice industry by massive importation of rice from Asia?
Lar - A professional politician whose only claim to fame and riches is via fraudulent contracts?
Odidi - Is he a Nigerian?

JosBoy4Lif:

You are right those oil resources are the golden egg of Nigeria. Your point? We will remain as one, therefore we will distribute wealth.
If your leaders are just or even more corrupt that Northern leaders and no one sees the money from the oil wealth. When more infrastructure is being built in Kaduna then LAgos that is not the fault of the North.

and your boys are forced to do armed robbery and 419 it is the fault of the North
When you don't understand that cities such as Lagos and PH are @ an advantage due to the ports, yet people would rather ship things through Ghana due to the lack of corruption at there ports you blame the North.

1. Point of correction! Their is NO golden egg of Nigeria, the egg rightfully belongs to those in the South South that you mischievously call rebels for demanding just a share of the resources they produce! Can you imagine that Bayelsa state that generates 95% of Nigeria's wealth has only ONE main road and is not yet connected to the national grid? Only in Nigeria!

2. It is this attitude of wealth "distribution" that has held us back for 46 yrs! In other developed countries, the emphasis is on wealth CREATION and not mere DISTRIBUTION! It is the reason there is such a deadly fight for political office, it is not a fight for the masses, it is a fight to be in charge of the illegal wealth "distribution" that passes for governance in Nigeria today! Only in Nigeria!

3. Where is the infrastructure being built in Kaduna? Is it being built with Kaduna's money? In one of your last posts you mentioned the Kaduna refinery! The mere presence of that refinery is a testament to nepotism and government irresponsibility! The cost to pump crude oil up north would have been more than enough to build at least 2 new refineries in PH, Calabar or Bayelsa where the oil itself is generated! Only in Nigeria!

4. When our Mallams crowd their children who can neither read or write into "Federal unity" schools while pushing more talented southerners out, when JAMB is merely a vehicle to enable less qualified candidates from Educationally Less Disadvantaged States into prime Nigerian universities, when money meant for the nation is distributed in private accounts owned by northern generals, what else do you expect the youths to do? At least southern youths are "occupied" with yahoo yahoo, the typical northern youth is either spending his days in indolence or killing others in the name of Allah.

5. The ports? Dear, i worked there for 6 months! But for the fact that the ports are located in the south, they could well have passed for the property of the Sokoto caliphate. The whole place is chock full of indolent northerners doing nothing in the name of federal character! Was it not so long ago that the same northern senate attempted to move the NPA head office to Abuja in order to northernise every "federal" asset? How feasible is it to site the headquaters of a company thousands of kilometers away from its operational base? Only in Nigeria do we have the headquaters of a Port in the desert!
Pls ask Atiku how he made "his" money! How many comptroller generals of the nation have been northerners? And you dare accuse us of mis-managing our ports?

JosBoy4Lif:

So you believe that if Northerners were stratigically removed from Nigeria, Nigeria would autamatically become this wonderful nation that you have engraved in your mind. I will not bother to speak with exclamations for you can understand my point. No one people is responsible for the mess that Nigeria is in.

No, if northerners went back to their brothers in Niger and Chad, Nigeria would not automatically become a wonderful place to be but at least we'd have the priviledge of having genuine technocrats in power. We'd be able to do away with ludicrous Land use decrees, federal character, quota system, JAMB, Decree 101, and having to deal with square pegs in round holes!
We'd never have dictators like Obasanjo in power and at least we would have the satisfaction that leeches are not busy "distributing" our oil wealth in the name of revenue allocation!
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 02, 2006
told him my bro
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 4:31am On Nov 02, 2006
Hey, why do you guys think no prominent Igbo businessman stand for this Biafra thing?, We Igbos have as much to lose as anyone if Nigeria breaks up. Most Igbo businesses are not even in Igboland so please Babyosisi and dadidylan, drop it!, One Nigeria !
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:43am On Nov 02, 2006
Donzman how is London?
UWO, you must party alot tongue
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:45am On Nov 02, 2006
That is where my father recieved his Ph.D in one of the hardest disciplines Geophysics
But hey he is another "dumb" northerner.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 02, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

Donzman how is London?
UWO, you must party alot tongue

Yeah in my first year, party was the order of the day. It's all studies now, I need good grades.

One Nigeria but I need these Northerners to admit that they're not the majority in the country. I seriously doubt it, anywhere you go it's Igbos everywhere, where are all these Northerners that are the majority?
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:50am On Nov 02, 2006
You will succeed, Nigerians are highly intellectual people.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 03, 2006
Donzman:

Yeah in my first year, party was the order of the day. It's all studies now, I need good grades.

One Nigeria but I need these Northerners to admit that they're not the majority in the country. I seriously doubt it, anywhere you go it's Igbos everywhere, where are all these Northerners that are the majority?

They would shout allah allah yet during the census,they'll refuse to bring out the hooded women to be properly counted and the husband would tell you how many women and children he has hidden in the barn to be included in the numbers.
They also include their rams and goats we hear.

If they are so many of them,tell me how many northerners you've met here in the USA or Britain?
They have landmass but the population is all doctored to milk us dry.
josboy4life,since your population is so great and outnumbers the south and you are at par educationally,how many northerners are on this forum to begin with.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 03, 2006
alwahidi:

BABYOISI.
OH MY GOD.WHY DONT YOU ALL JUST STAY UNITED.WHY SO DIFFICULT?

I wish it were that easy dear.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by GNature(m): 4:47am On Nov 03, 2006
babyosisi:

They would shout allah allah yet during the census,they'll refuse to bring out the hooded women to be properly counted and the husband would tell you how many women and children he has hidden in the barn to be included in the numbers.
They also include their rams and goats we hear.

If they are so many of them,tell me how many northerners you've met here in the USA or Britain?
Thgey have landmass but the population is all doctored to milk us dry.

babyosisi,

try and restrain yourself with the wordings you use to describe the northerners now, haba.  

I do agree that the northerners are not the majority population wise in Nigeria and I am not just saying this because I'm from the south.

Do you folks know about google earth ? try accessing it from the google website. They have satellite pictures of nigeria. You will be amazed how big the cities in the south are compared to the ones in the north. It is truly amazing.

The biggest cities were Lagos, Onitsha, Benin, Ibadan & co. Please everyone, indulge yourself. You will see I am not making this up at all.
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 03, 2006
point taken GNature
Re: Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 03, 2006
Donzman:

Apparently these "majority" northerners only appear during census and election periods! Please when next you visit the north, do not forget to take a closer look at the cows, goats and sheep there; they are all northerners too!

belloti:

From the irresponsible leadership of Gowon, the kleptomanic regime of shagari, the institution of corruption as a national virtue by babangida to the eventual destruction of the Nigerian state by Abacha, you must agree with me that WE have exhibited more than enough long suffering! We have suffered the loss of everything that once were the symbols of our regions, from the first TV station in West Africa, WNTV, that morphed into that inept northern mouthpeice called NTA.
Icons such as University of Ibadan and UNN that once were our pride built without oil money were "Nigerianised" and destroyed! We lost our free education policy, our iconic politicians either killed bby mysterious "armed robbers" or exiled.  Now our lands are being stolen via the land use decree!

We have shown too much patience, it is high time we began to vehemently oppose the imposition of northern hegemonists on our polity! Our last option should be Yarima, none of us is particularly keen on becoming full members of the Organisation of Islamic Countries neither do we want to end up as another axis of Sudan!

belloti:

Lewa, you are welcome. we are going to join hands to move this country forward. we have waited a long time for this chance.

1. Who are those joining hands? Is that another northern rhetoric to continue this illegality called Nigeria? Who were those waiting for what chance? Is Yarima your idea of someone that is capable of "moving this nation forward"? Besides, i can remember hearing that phrase for the past 20-something yrs of my life, we dont seem to have moved forward in all those yrs! Or is moving forward an euphemism for moving backward?

Moving forward to where? A corrupt, 12th century Arabian state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North / Borno Sacks All Local Govt. Caretaker Committees / Buhari Has Not Allocated Any Oil Bloc – Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.