Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

"I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" (24616 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? / Read What An Ss3 Student Wrote To Her Facebook Friends?what's Ur Reaction?+ pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by pleep(m): 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
lax bro. just playin with u

now un-bold my name gotdammit
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
hehehe no worries
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by pleep(m): 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hey btw how did that deal at the gym go, success?
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
zilch, nada

i was scared away by the hijab girl and did nothing.

If i see the chick again w/o her hijab friend though I'll talk to her
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by pleep(m): 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
Yea its no fun to approach a girl when shes got a friend around.

Especially if that friend has a hijab! talk about intimidation lol
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Dopefiend(m): 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
Flawless~diva:

Thank you!! Does not add anything to me

Oh dnt take me seriously. Ws jst foolin arnd. Who cares if u cnt spake engrish?
grin

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Tgirl4real(f): 10:31am On Nov 27, 2012
Sagamite:

https://www.nairaland.com/820236/what-not-after-first-date

This is so not fair. If it's true, how can anyone treat another this way?

Sad!!!
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Sagamite(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
Tgirl4real:

This is so not fair. If it's true, how can anyone treat another this way?

Sad!!!

Welcome to the behaviours of the average L'Oreal modern day woman that men are suppose to endure to be privileged enough to be tagged "Real Men".

The same selfish, wick and inconsiderate woman in that link would be the same one complaining when a man dumps her arsse in marriage and looks for his happiness elsewhere. Then you will hear her moaning "did the 10 year marriage men nothing to him".
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Sagamite(m): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Update:

So she responded. She is busy with finals related stuff this week, but has agreed to hook things up sometime after that.

So....suck it, haters grin

ekt_bear wins again cheesy

Except she is the one suggesting to meet up, this seems a bit rushed by UK standard considering she was not willing to give her phone number.

In the UK, she would just think you are desperate and [as a black girl] is just likely to exploit it.

But, Hey, that is the UK. I will not tell someone in the US how to play the game there when the rules of the game might be different.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
Bros, you may be right. What I did probably doesn't conform to US standards that much either...there are a bunch of intricate rules about how you are supposed to wait X days to call a girl, blahblahblah.

But I've never cared to follow any of those rules. If I'm feeling a girl, I ask for her # and I'll call the next day. I think it is better to go with your instincts rather than conform to different standards that society arbitrarily is making up for you.

My instinct at that time was that the girl was feeling me (despite not wanting to give out her #), but was being inhibited in some way by external factors.

Plus if a girl is a stickler for society's rules, we wouldn't get along anyway...so better for me to find that out right away.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Sagamite(m): 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
pleep: Yea its no fun to approach a girl when shes got a friend around.

Especially if that friend has a hijab! talk about intimidation lol

Yeah, it is not the greatest setting to be frank. Luckily I have a good sense of humour and can be innovative when approaching girls, so sometimes I can approach in such an environment.

It can even be fun because you can make it difficult for the girls to know which of them you are interested in by focusing your chat on all of them. This might even make them much friendlier as they try to figure out who you want and work hard to make it themselves just for the ego boost, even if they are not interested. Well that will only occur if their is no huge dichotomy in their appeal. Like when you see a gorgeous girl with her butters friend(s) 4 times her size. Then it is obvious who you are going for and the cockblockers are likely to do their thing:

https://www.nairaland.com/942597/why-women-own-worst-enemies/5#10897644

Even if they are all fine, that depends on the group of girls though. If they are Naija, I suggest you waka pass, as they might see it as a great opportunity to humiliate you and feel like a Super Star amongst their friends.

As per the friend wearing hijab, that does not mean nada to me. grin I have even approached a girl that was wearing hijab before. It is not the norm, but fck, she was so freaking curvy wearing hijab, waist coat on a top white shirt and colourful gypsy skirt that assenuated her hips, to the point that I could not resist. Hips are a universal, non-religious language. grin

She happened to be a Naija girl from a popular Lagos family with double barrel surnames. She gave me her number and we went out on a date. She was not sure but thought since I had the confidence to approach her while wearing hijab, I must be a Allahu Akbar guy. She asked during the date, I never answered. Turned it to a joke and game without lying. It was when she used the word 'haram' and I did not know the meaning, when she realised I was not muslim and started laughing. grin
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
Sagamite: She was not sure but thought since I had the confidence to approach her while wearing hijab, I must be a Allahu Akbar guy. She asked during the date, I never answered. Turned it to a joke and game without lying. It was when she used the word 'haram' and I did not know the meaning, when she realised I was not muslim and started laughing. grin

Haha that is pretty damn cool grin
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Sagamite(m): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Bros, you may be right. What I did probably doesn't conform to US standards that much either...there are a bunch of intricate rules about how you are supposed to wait X days to call a girl, blahblahblah.

But I've never cared to follow any of those rules. If I'm feeling a girl, I ask for her # and I'll call the next day. I think it is better to go with your instincts rather than conform to different standards that society arbitrarily is making up for you.

My instinct at that time was that the girl was feeling me (despite not wanting to give out her #), but was being inhibited in some way by external factors.

Plus if a girl is a stickler for society's rules, we wouldn't get along anyway...so better for me to find that out right away.

I can't fault your approach. One of my friends is using the same approach at the moment. He got bored of the rules and is doing things as he pleases.

If he feels like calling a girl at night after getting her number in the afternoon, he just does it.

But to practice that approach, one must be able to convey simultaneously that he is:
- very confident.
- not desperate.
- and he is willing to pack it up if she misforms.

If a girl messes up because he did not follow the rules, he just scraps that side quickly.

The trick to that ability is "piling them high". He gets as many girls number as possible, so he does not fret over one fcking up.

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Also, I don't necessarily want some girl i just met in my facebook life. Isn't a phone # easier for everyone involved?

It was so sketchy. I asked her, "oh do you have a man or something, is that why you don't want to give me your #?"

And she said she doesn't have a man.

All I know is that women are crazy
na by force for her to give u her number? sad
abeg stop to dey wahala the poor girl jor
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2012
Goldieluks:

If you are her type, she wouldn't hesitate to give you her number.
She only gave you her fb account so you can go on and salivate on her pics.
salivate on her pics.......chie! grin
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Tgirl4real(f): 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
Sagamite:

Welcome to the behaviours of the average L'Oreal modern day woman that men are suppose to endure to be privileged enough to be tagged "Real Men".

The same selfish, wick and inconsiderate woman in that link would be the same one complaining when a man dumps her arsse in marriage and looks for his happiness elsewhere. Then you will hear her moaning "did the 10 year marriage men nothing to him".

It could be that she lost her fone, forgot her fb n email password or she was kidnapped. Let's give her the benefit of doubt jor. grin
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Sagamite(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2012
Tgirl4real:

It could be that she lost her fone, forgot her fb n email password or she was kidnapped. Let's give her the benefit of doubt jor. grin

But she knows how to find her way to publishing his letter to her on the internet. grin
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Tgirl4real(f): 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
Sagamite:

But she knows how to find her way to publishing his letter to her on the internet. grin

It could be her Ghost jor grin
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Sagamite(m): 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
Tgirl4real:

It could be her Ghost jor grin

Yeah! grin

She did what she did because she is an inconsiderate and rude person, who has not invested anything in the interaction. So since she has no investment to lose, she did not care how the built-up interaction collapses. That is the average woman for you.

They think of themselves first and if they have nothing to lose, then it is fine for the other person to lose and they lackadaisically expect no retribution. While if they invest and someone does the same, they expect to be allowed to give retribution and also have a pity & character assassination party with guests of other women and special guest of eager-to-please "real men".

All these guys have to start learning how to protect your interest when interacting with women.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Goldieluks: 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
Grow up OP and stop pestering the poor girl. She's not that into you. Stop consoling yourself abeg. The girl at the gym rejected, now its this one at the club. Hehehehe u no get babe? No offeiense oh abeg carry go nothing do you. grin
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by pleep(m): 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ekt is this a white girl?

As per the friend wearing hijab, that does not mean nada to me. I have even approached a girl that was wearing hijab before. It is not the norm, but fck, she was so freaking curvy wearing hijab, waist coat on a top white shirt and colourful gypsy skirt that assenuated her hips, to the point that I could not resist. Hips are a universal, non-religious language.
These muslim chicks are cheating lol. They manage to make the hijab look sexy

Sagamite:

I can't fault your approach. One of my friends is using the same approach at the moment. He got bored of the rules and is doing things as he pleases.

If he feels like calling a girl at night after getiing her number in the afternoon, he just does it.

But to practice that approach, one must be able to convey simultaneously that he is:
- very confident.
- not desperate.
- and he is willing to pack it up if she misforms.

If a girl messes up because he did not follow the rules, he just scraps that side quickly.

The trick to that ability is "piling them high". He gets as many girls number as possible, so he does not fret over one fcking up.
For me if its a chick i see every other day, like in class, i Wait up to 2 weeks to contact them. Pleep is patient... like a spider smiley

But if its a random stranger, it think its best to text the next day so they don't forget who you were
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
lol @ Goldieluks

More grease to your hating elbow cheesy

Pleep no, not a white girl. Not that I have a problem with them or anything.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by kokosheen(m): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
Goldieluks: Grow up OP and stop pestering the poor girl. She's not that into you. Stop consoling yourself abeg. The girl at the gym rejected, now its this one at the club. Hehehehe u no get babe? No offeiense oh abeg carry go nothing do you. grin

It seems you missed a page in the thread.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Goldieluks: 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
No hating dude. Just stating the obvious. cheesy
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Goldieluks: 4:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
kokosheen:

It seems you missed a page in the thread.

Oh really? Ok show me the way then.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by kokosheen(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
Goldieluks:

Oh really? Ok show me the way then.

ekt_bear: Update:

So she responded. She is busy with finals related stuff this week, but has agreed to hook things up sometime after that.

So....suck it, haters grin

ekt_bear wins again cheesy

ekt_bear: My brother, the story ends here, unfortunately cheesy

It would be ungentlemanly of me to share any further details of whatever happens on NL.

Besides, the purpose of this thread has been served: the lesson learned is not to assume that a girl wanting to be facebook friends = rejection. I should have known better than to listen to the detractors that abound on NL grin

Oh I forgot to say, she told me the reason she didn't give me a # is due to some creepy, overly aggressive stalkish guys she met in the past.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
How can you be offering further advice on an already resolved matter grin

I started this thread very early Saturday, got a positive response Sunday from the girl in question, thus answering my question.

I even wonder what there is left for Goldieluks to be saying.

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Goldieluks: 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
kokosheen:

Oh that? Seen it. Long story abeg.

Eketbear and the story continues..........

Guy: can I have your number please?
Girl: hmm...have my facebook account instead
Guy: (accepting his fate like his life depend on it) ok thanks.

Guy: message sent to Girl's facebook inbox.
Message content: I want us to be just friends, but you refuse to give me your number the other day. Why babes, or am I not handsome enough? Am a good guy you know, I promise not to hurt your feelings, I cross my heart.

Girl...replying message.....
Message content: I would have given you my number but, I am scared of stalkers because I have had a bad experience in the past. And besides, I've got some school work, hence I've been very busy.

STORY.........

Number 2 rejection. Its just a phone number, and not a marriage signature( Gosh, lol) There's no need for the long story.If she was really into you, she wouldn't go on about been stalked in the past. She would have brought that up maybe in the future when you both are deep into the relationship. End of story!
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Idowuogbo(f): 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
ekt_bear: How can you be offering further advice on an already resolved matter grin
javascript:void(0);
I started this thread very early Saturday, got a positive response Sunday from the girl in question, thus answering my question.

I even wonder what there is left for Goldieluks to be saying.
i tire o.. grin grin
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
Idowuogbo:
i tire o.. grin grin

We Nigerians are very stubborn people I guess cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Goldieluks: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lol@ the daft clicking 'like' as if he/she is not 'Nigerian'

Ektbear I was only been sacarstic. No need to get yourself all worked up.

Peace!
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by kokosheen(m): 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Am Slim With Big Boobs But Afraid I May Grow Fat Later (here Is A Pic Of Me) / Upload Your Boo Pics Lets See Who Got It Natural / Liberian Asks For Prayers For Her Cousin Because She's About To Marry A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.