Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry (8378 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Struggling Guys In Relationships / Poisons Naija Guys Take To Satisfy Naija Girls In Bed / The Reason Why Naija Girls Are Rude! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by bigbumper(f): 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2009
whitelexi:

You should visit home more often, dont believe in all u hear or see on tv tongue

You need to change your mindset babe cheesy Naija babes can smell you abroadians(sic) a mile away, so If a meal ticket/gateway to paradise which you are tongue comes my way too, I'd kneel down to serve your food and even feed you on my knees sef grin

How many times do we hear stories of a man going back home to bring his wife abroad only for the girl to walk out on discovering that the husband lives in a room in flat, or has a job which they think is beneath them or . . .
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by bluespice(f): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2009
Pataki:

Are you hardworking? Both internally and externally? tongue Which 'diasporean' region are you? tongue

yes i'm hardworking
u'll have to explain wat u mean by those terms
im in a very hot but expensive place
feel free to take a wild guess
emphasis on the wild cheesy
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Moyola(f): 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2009
Pataki:

But it is Peckham side innit? cheesy

fAAr phrum it bruvv! cool

Pataki:

I am in Essex.

Mee tuuuu!! tongue
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Pataki: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2009
Moyola:

fAAr phrum it bruvv! cool

Mee tuuuu!! tongue
You in Essex?? Where in Essex are you? Grays, Tilbury, Chelmsford, Chafford Hundred, Colchester, Billericay, Basildon, West Horndon, etc. I am sure we must have taken the C2C together before sef. cheesy

bluespice:

yes i'm hardworking
u'll have to explain wat u mean by those terms
im in a very hot but expensive place
feel free to take a wild guess
emphasis on the wild cheesy
If I am to explain those terms, see me outside of nairaland. tongue You are in Dubai innit? tongue
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by bluespice(f): 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2009
outside NL?
im game wink

how we gon do that?

dubai?
i dont know where that is cool
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Pataki: 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2009
bluespice:

outside NL?
im game  wink

how we gon do that?

dubai?
i dont know where that is cool
You are lying. You reside in Dubai. Intel reports on you state so.  tongue
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by bluespice(f): 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2009
dont believe wat they say sir wink

done that wink
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Pataki: 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2009
OK time will tell Ma! grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by bluespice(f): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2009
grin indeed it will
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Moyola(f): 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2009
Pataki:

You in Essex?? Where in Essex are you? Grays, Tilbury, Chelmsford, Chafford Hundred, Colchester, Billericay, Basildon, West Horndon, etc. I am sure we must have taken the C2C together before sef. cheesy
If I am to explain those terms, see me outside of nairaland. tongue You are in Dubai innit? tongue

Hehe! naa memory verse? n none of d abuv! tongue
Huz knwz we prolly hv. . . buh I doubt it, I hardly take c2c xpt m running v.l8!
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Pataki: 11:10pm On Apr 29, 2009
Moyola:

Hehe! naa memory verse? n none of d abuv! tongue
Huz knwz we prolly hv. . . buh I doubt it, I hardly take c2c xpt m running v.l8!

grin
You so not serious. I am sure we would jam one of these days! Miss hardworking diasporean. grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Moyola(f): 11:35pm On Apr 29, 2009
Pataki:

grin
You so not serious. I am sure we would jam one of these days! Miss hardworking diasporean. grin cheesy grin

Yu really think we wuld yeah? hehe! hao 'll yu knw itz me sef? undecided n yu don gimme name b dhat. . .abi? cheesy
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by CyberG: 4:55am On Apr 30, 2009
Interesting topic! First, if I were to meet a Naija lady that lives abroad and not the usual attitudes which are so typical of them, then I will be more than be disposed to the idea. However, I do think Naija guys will keep going home to get married for as long as our ladies are what they are now. Two of my friends here (Naija men) traveled home to get married. People will always do what they want but there are some points I wish to make:

1. Naija girls have the most attitude of all - this is one topic that comes up among guys here - and the consensus is the same. This is not to stereotype every Naija lady but this is what I have practically seen myself. . .the "stuck-upiness" is always so telling. . .and I agree not all Naija ladies are like that. . .but way more than 50%. . .which is statistically significant to form this opinion.

2. Naija girls develop an attitude so fast. . .almost as soon as they step anywhere away from Naija. . .just listen to their accent and see their attitude. . .you can almost calculate how many days she has spent 'away' from Naija. Imagine someone like that trying to pretend she's been away for "so long". . .and before you know it, she starts using all the slangs she hardly knows the real meanings of and how some of them do not constitute decent language. Is it not common for ladies to say: "well, I am single and loving it", "I don't need any man to complete me", "I am single by choice. . .who needs a man anyways?" All these attitudes are developed so fast by Naija chics. . .some ladies reading this can not but agree to some extent.

3. Some ladies may argue that Naija men are afraid of strong independent women and that is why they run home to get married to Naija ladies. . .well, there are lots of such ladies in Naija too but I, personally, will be more than interested in such a lady wherever she is. However, that attribute that should only accentuate the man's interest in the lady more. . .does the opposite as the lady gets is so conceited and the man soon comes to know she doesn't give a Bleep. . .bla bla bla. . .how can a man marry such a Naija lady with that kind of attitude?

I have a friend who has this situation with his wife (both Naija, married abroad) and my friend often tells me that her attitude is that of 'I don't care one way or the other. . .I can take care of myself. . .so divorce, breakup, etc. . ."I don't care"'. Would any sane young man who has got his ducks in a row let some "diasporic" naija lady pour sand in his garri all in the name of marrying here??

Not all Naija guys who go to marry in Naija will be successful. . .but under reasonable care and diligence in searching. . .I will wager that the odds of success are much better than a Naija lady going to marry a Naija guy in Nigeria. . .regardless of how 'exposed' he may have been in Naija. . .I don't have to expatiate much for any one to see the point here.

4. Well, it's all good and to each one his own. However, with this attitude which might only increase as years roll by, Naija ladies should also be ready to live the westernized lifestyle to the hilt - you cannot put up all the westernized attitudes and still expect to be have true Naija men by your side expressing their interest and wanting to treat you as a queen. . .that which ladies wants so badly.

5. Finally, let me say that as Naija men, we also have our own fair share of contributions to this situation but that will be for another time. This post is long enough already. Well, if a Naija lady wants to buzz me. . .don't be shy because I am not. . . grin grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by systems: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2009
big_bumper:

You need to change your mindset babe cheesy Naija babes can smell you abroadians(sic) a mile away, so If a meal ticket/gateway to paradise which you are tongue comes my way too, I'd kneel down to serve your food and even feed you on my knees sef grin

How many times do we hear stories of a man going back home to bring his wife abroad only for the girl to walk out on discovering that the husband lives in a room in flat, or has a job which they think is beneath them or . . .

There is no crime in a guy living in a room in a shared flat. The issue is that some do not bother to change the worn out curtains and mattresses with spikes. Depending on relationship with other flat mates, some keep all foodstuffs, kitchen utensils and kitchen waste in the room. Its really irritating.

What do you expect the wify that has been in NJ receiving pounds and not knowing the facts on ground to do when she finally joins the husband  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 9:19pm On May 01, 2009
Idekeson:

Naija girls ought to go home and marry instead of sitting on their ass waiting for Mr. Right. Back home, you can even get two for the price of one, just showing up in Naija as an "akata chic".

thats so true
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 9:38pm On May 01, 2009
I dont have a problem with men going home, girls should go home too. 9ja men are whores in the US particularlly in my State. They think that just because they are fresh off the boat, that 9ja girls should bow down to them, even when at times I make more money than some!
Just because girls at home worship them, they expect us to and we know way better than that.

I was so dissapointed in 9ja men here, that I stopped dating, and then I came home.

And met the love of my life cheesy grin kiss cool
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:41pm On May 01, 2009
platinumnk:

. They think that just because they are fresh off the boat, that 9ja girls should bow down to them

why would they? Is it the naira that they think will impress these girls or what?
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 01, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

why would they? Is it the naira that they think will impress these girls or what?
Is that not what some girls are after?

Not the Nairas baby, the foreign currency
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 9:49pm On May 01, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Because its that same stupid mentailty that since 9ja girls at home stalk them, then women here should be on their jock as well. Hence the biggest shock of the century, and stupid thread from the likes of ppl like outlaws.

It explains the highnumber of 9ja nurses that are killed by their husbands. Once they can make their own, they leave that sucker!
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by No2Atheism(m): 9:52pm On May 01, 2009
@ThiefofHearts, guess what. i never watch the movie yet, , she gets ready to shoot, gast to dodge

@Toyinrayo tomato, am still waiting for the ID, or else. grin, [size=5pt]you have to endure whats coming ur way[/size]
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Pittbaby(f): 9:53pm On May 01, 2009
;d
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:53pm On May 01, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Is that not what some girls are after?

Not the Nairas baby, the foreign currency

what foreign currency? Im confused. what exactly are they showing off with?

$1 = 176 naira so why would any girl be impressed with a dude coming in with naira in his pocket
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 9:58pm On May 01, 2009
Pittbaby:

;d

chei!!! why did u change u post!!\
@toyin 1$ is 200 naira if not more now. wink

ThiefOfHearts:

what foreign currency? Im confused. what exactly are they showing off with?

$1 = 176 naira so why would any girl be impressed with a dude coming in with naira in his pocket
dont matter, some girls will just drop once u say u from abroad.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:01pm On May 01, 2009
lmao @ abroad.  cheesy That shit only works on the akatas that think screwing a Nigerian gets them closer to the "motherland"
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 10:05pm On May 01, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lmao @ abroad. cheesy That shit only works on the akatas that think screwing a Nigerian gets them closer to the "motherland"

I believe i was talking about how dispora comes home and every girl be sweating them.

I dont know how that figures with AA's
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Uche2nna(m): 10:06pm On May 01, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lmao @ abroad. cheesy That shit only works on the akatas that think screwing a Nigerian gets them closer to the "motherland"

shocked shocked shocked

Seriously?
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 01, 2009
platinumnk:

dont matter, some girls will just drop once u say u from abroad.
Exactly.

Anything foreign is Luxury to some ppl

@TOH
It's not how much it's worth really, it's the fact that it's from abroad.

Mehn, you could even buy a glass cup as a gift for someone in Naija, tell them its from abroad, and they'll love it.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Uche2nna(m): 10:09pm On May 01, 2009
platinumnk:

I dont have a problem with men going home, girls should go home too. 9ja men are whores in the US particularlly in my State.

U would come to the same conclusion if U were living in Nigeria. The grass is always greener on the other side of the pasture.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:10pm On May 01, 2009
Uche2nna:

shocked shocked shocked

Seriously?

Have you forgotten Sista, Drusilla and co already?
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 10:10pm On May 01, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lmao @ abroad.  cheesy That shit only works on the akatas that think screwing a Nigerian gets them closer to the "motherland"

hmph, a lotta AA's around me try to avoid 9ja men, they complain their too controlling, they wonder how I do it. grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Uche2nna(m): 10:11pm On May 01, 2009
platinumnk:

hmph, a lotta AA's around me try to avoid 9ja men, they complain their too controlling, they wonder how I do it. grin

U get me confused, are u AA or Naija? undecided
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Uche2nna(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Have you forgotten Sista, Drusilla and co already?

I am familiar with those NL ID's but I must have missed when they gave that reason for dating Nigerian men.

Thats the most ridiculous, albeit hilarious, logic I have heard in a long time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? / What Are Your Most Embarrassing Drunk Stories? / Post Your Pix Rocking Your Natural Hair!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.