Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry (8376 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Struggling Guys In Relationships / Poisons Naija Guys Take To Satisfy Naija Girls In Bed / The Reason Why Naija Girls Are Rude! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by No2Atheism(m): 11:44pm On May 01, 2009
@Hauwa, if you are really a friend of your female friend as you want to believe, then it is your responsibility to do something that would make sure she is not hurt at the end of the day,

1. Its not wise to go to the girl anyhow, cause she might naively thinkg you are just trying to break them up for no just reason.

2. Try and sit your Nigerian guy friend down and talk to him, let him see reason that its wise for him to start breaking up the relationship "slowly". If he refuses to do so, warn him that you are bound by friendship rules to at least protect the girl from being hurt, hence that you are bound to hint her one way or another. Hence let him realise that its better he does it himself (less shameful) or that you do it for him (more shameful) ,  cus when and if the relationship finally breaks up and your female friend finds out that you knew and still did not hint her she would not like it.

3. @Hauwa you are not putting water for anyones gari, protecting your player friend is not in your own best interest also cus what goes around comes around.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Hauwa1: 12:18am On May 02, 2009
No2A,

Thanks for your insight, sometimes you are placed in a tight spot, that's why i prefer they keep things to themselves esp when it comes to relationships but you know us IS, we talk too much grin. right now, me just siddon dey look.

Insert Quote
@Hauwa, if you are really a friend of your female friend as you want to believe, then it is your responsibility to do something that would make sure she is not hurt at the end of the day,

1. Its not wise to go to the girl anyhow, cause she might naively thinkg you are just trying to break them up for no just reason.

2. Try and sit your Nigerian guy friend down and talk to him, let him see reason that its wise for him to start breaking up the relationship "slowly". If he refuses to do so, warn him that you are bound by friendship rules to at least protect the girl from being hurt, hence that you are bound to hint her one way or another. Hence let him realise that its better he does it himself (less shameful) or that you do it for him (more shameful) , cus when and if the relationship finally breaks up and your female friend finds out that you knew and still did not hint her should would not like it.

3. @Hauwa you are not putting water for anyones gari, protecting your player friend is not in your own best interest also cus what goes around comes around.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by maray(f): 6:41am On May 02, 2009
@ surface,thanks alot 4 ur advice ,dating a guy dat based in nija is a total Bleep up as u said,i just realised dat all their primary interest is not on d relationship but material benefits. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 10:46pm On May 02, 2009
^^^ not always. . .
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by systems: 10:59pm On May 02, 2009
maray:

@ surface,thanks alot 4 ur advice ,dating a guy dat based in nija is a total Bleep up as u said,i just realised dat all their primary interest is not on d relationship but material benefits. lipsrsealed

All guys are not the same.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by bluespice(f): 1:59am On May 03, 2009
wats the argument now? undecided
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 5:31am On May 03, 2009
the world may never know wink grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by missojugo(f): 2:27pm On Jun 14, 2009
Easy answer,

Girl shipped Nigeria - will be so excited and want you to take her pictures when you take her 'shopping' @ Walmart and 'out for dinner' to Mickeyd smiley

Girl living here for the past 5yrs - will ask you not to drive past Walmart and Macdonalds area on your way to Hugo boss to buy the new handbag that just came out(note she is footing the bill herself), because she almost got mobbed there the last time she had a flat tire around there! undecided

However what Nija guyz dont realize is that the so called humble girl they shipped in from Nija given just 6months will be worse than the one that has been living here for 5years.  lipsrsealed
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Bim4u: 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2009
This topic has always been quite interest topic to me
Reason is becos i don't know what guys are interested in when they want to marry
I don't think they think of how old you grow with your wife and compartiblity,friendship
I don't understand why u would want to marry someone that u hardly have anything in common with becos u've known a girl for a couple of months then they feel she's the marriage kind and the one they've got abroad is not a worthy enough wife,
Anybody can do as they want,what i understand is my happiness and knowing what i want,need and think of who am compartible n grow old n we can still have fun together.

If all the men abroad go home becos of their insecurities then that's their own probs,
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by mikeon11(m): 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
there are lots of reason to marry a wife from home country. i can only mentioned few, knowing that decision to marry is usually made in private and often in secrecy. most people do like to share {truthfully} why they chose a particular partner, place or even time of marriage. we just accept whatever reason each individual is willing to share.

with that said, marrying from a home country could mean only {reason} ticket back home. it helps to keep relations and family connection alive. marrying somebody from another country or from the country of residence interferes with thoughts of ever going back home. most people want to believe they would eventually go back, and taking a wife from home country keeps that hope burning. another reason could be because of one's parents, or even falling in love with somebody back home.

seriously, it has nothing to do with our girls in Diaspora not being good anymore. again an African {NIGERIAN} man prefers to control his wife, even to their own detriment. and many intend to fear ''wild girls, i mean any woman that can form her own opinion.

take it from me, it is not a bad thing though. because we left many girls back home and there is imbalance already
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by intrepid: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2011
Many girls in the diaspora will make better wives,mothers and sisters than some of the so-called home girls here.A good girl is good anywhere once that seed of goodness has been planted and she recalls where she is coming from and what she wants.

Granted,many of them out there in the US and Europe adopt very inimical attitudes that terrify some guys.some sue their husbands,some have no regard for the family.Many have the western philosophy of perpetual singleness and so on.

I think our guys are plain scared but it should not be.

As a matter of fact i'm seriously considering one now.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Eniolaakintade: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2022
Most of we Nigerian ladies back home are well reserved and trained. We still imbibe in us the culture of home making, the lessons and morals we are taught by our parents are still intact and we are very enduring.

I for one desire a matured man in Disapora for marriage. I'm cool- headed, I don't give drama and I don't like drama.

I'm a Yoruba lady in my 30's, never married and no child. I love children and really desire to have mine.

I'm a Christian, a good one for that matter but not a fanatic. I'm of good behavior, I don't mess around and I can stay indoor from morning till the following day without stepping out (I love my bed lol) ;,�

If you are a RESPONSIBLE matured man in your 40's or 50's (must be single pls, I don't want wahala) and in Disapora and you are really ready to settle down with a Yoruba lady, you can reach me via email :

akintadeeniola@gmail.com

I will respond promptly. I'm based in Lagos, Nigeria.

Please I not all about my money cos I've my source of income and I don't depend on man for my daily bread and not to say that I'm arrogantly independent, No, I don't believe good relationship should be about 'give me' give me'
Hope to hear from you soonest.

Thank you�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangers Of Too Much Sex / Ladies Hail Surgeon Who Allegedly Disfigured A Girl's Hips / Our Landlord Is Sleeping With My Friend's Wife, Should I Tell Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.