Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija (48491 Views)

Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed / Pictured: Africa's Richest Woman Folorunsho Alakija Visits Lagos Slum / Folorunsho Alakija's Source Of Wealth Busted By CNN Reporter, Christian Purefoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
shymexx:

Is she a politician? - if she is, she doesn't deserve any praise for her dirty money... grin

SHE DEY DRILL SS OIL WELLS DEM DEY CAWIE RUN HER NETWORTH
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Wsdm: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
manny4life:

All talk and no action makes jack a loud mouth.

Revolution? Is someone that will start it. Revolution isn't coming in as long as you and I are blinded by ethnic bigotry.
... And religious bigotry.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by akintun: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
Her money was free money from Babangida. Obasanjo actually collected 50% of d oil block from her, but she won d money back after taking d federal gov to court. D oil is an offshore block, and she partners texaco. As a fashion designer she worked hard, but her wealth from oil was freely given to her with no sweet.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by ikachi1: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
chosen04: she has an oil bloc that pulls in N157 million a day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SW peeps robbing the natural resources of SS people and not contributing a kobo to their "host upkeep"

And according to information I gathered, the SS and the SE repatriate over 4 billion naira weekly to their parent churches in Lagos area through tithes and offerings mostly with Pentecostal churches. That amounts to 16 billion monthly. Talk of exploitation of the highest order. I de laugh!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
She rocks!I see a beautiful woman who makes and spends her money. All 61 yrs and looking 41yrs. Oprah sef doesn't look that good. Kudos to her.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2012
[img]http://2.bp..com/-cBRd9XQinjM/ULSrE7s3x6I/AAAAAAABAlc/St0CjzxlBYQ/s400/gennewcov53.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-ZgJ_D9MX1e8/ULSrC5wYbDI/AAAAAAABAlU/y8TEo_2MZro/s400/..0.jpg[/img]

See shape shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
At 61 shocked shocked shocked
The woman was created on a Sunday wallahi
And the likes of Omotola and tomtom Dike 1/3rd her age are walking around with stomachs and love handles hanging out from all angles

Please God make me as beautiful as this when I am 61 in Jesus mighty name I pray
And the people sayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by kingingkinging: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2012
JayKayMaybachz: I really respect Oprah's ....... Madonna .......... Mariah Carey ........ Beyonce knowles .......... etc who made it with dia own sweat ....... dis wan na our own money oooooooooooo

Is either you dont know how to read or your level of assimilation is low.

From banking to fashion designing ( for the like s of Abiola (the richest Nigerian then, Babangida, Mariam Babangida, etc) to oil.

How is it your money?

Who God has blessed no man can curse. Madam, I tap into your anointing.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
JayKayMaybachz:

SHE DEY DRILL SS OIL WELLS DEM DEY CAWIE RUN HER NETWORTH

Did she get oil well for free? - if she went through the normal procedures just as everyone else including multi-nationals, she deserves all the praise in the world regardless of where the oil well is located... Deinde Fernandez, John Fashanu, Kase etc. made millions off oil wells in Gabon and Angola.. It's about your business IQ and how to play the game than anything...

You should more concerned with the Chaudhry family that made billions off oil wells given to them for free by your government...
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by vanessara: 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
How does one acquire an oil block? Need to change career fast

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
cry cryPls where are her sons,am more than single and searching,just the youngest son phone number,that's wat I nid pls ooHELP!!!

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by elewedu(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
oil bloc + babangida + abacha............celebrating this kind is hypocrisy. abi na hw come get money take get oil bloc

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
At least the oil bloc abi na block is showing on her body people should stop hating
The annoying part will be pilfering our oil and looking like Iyabo Obasanjo

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by dandoki: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
dominique: This is the first time ill be hearing of her. How about the likes of Diezani allison madueke? Which position do they carry?
[color=#990000][/color]

Africa's richest thief!!!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by GudluckIBB(m): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
Nightshift: Between mid 80s and early 90s Mrs Alakija was very popular among Lagos yuppies. She was then heading 'Supreme Stitches', known for designing flashy wears for Nigerian elites like Miriam Babangida, Shina Peters and the Abiolas. In 1990 or 1991 she won the Nigerian Designer Award. I liked her first name but i never pronounced it correctly like the Yorubas. I think she used her connections to Babangidas to get into oil business. Congratulations, designer!!

I hear she is the mother of Dj EXCLUSIVE. Pls is it true
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by crisycent: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
Good to know a woman is doing well in Nigeria.....i thought they were all like mrs jonathan.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
Baby mama: At least the oil bloc abi na block is showing on her body people should stop hating
The annoying part will be pilfering our oil and looking like Iyabo Obasanjo

As long as you look good, it's all good?
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
nnenna.1:

As long as you look good, it's all good?

To be honest with you I am actually elated that a woman owns part of the oil block in that country
I could have sworn it was mainly northern men and a few SW males and some token others controlling the thing and robing us blind
To know that a woman is out there with the guys prospering from our oil and looking stunning while doing it makes me happy.
Why should people crucify her?
People should leave her alone
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by KINGwax(m): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2012

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SW peeps robbing the natural resources of SS people and not contributing a kobo to their "host upkeep"
ko ni da fun e! Talo ran popsy e nishe?
And stop claimin some fuckin oil...yo motherfuckers has every right to go into the business but yo chose to go into kidnapping and all stupid form of shameful profession.
Have we ever cried over dangotte scooping our limestone?
You're an idiott!!

13 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by mkoabiola: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
onila: Mrs Folorunsho Alakija used to be a designer back in the day, don't know if she still is. I modeled for her Rose of Sharon label for many years and she was such an incredibly pleasant woman to work with. Yes, I'm claiming...haha!

Anyway, she went into the oil business many years back; she has an oil bloc that pulls in N157 million a day. Yes, you read right! She is the Vice Chairman of Famfa Oil and Gas limited and has emerged the richest woman in Africa according to Forbes November 2012 edition, with a net worth of $600million, which is about N94 billion.

The 61 year old former FADAN president is married and has four boys

[img]http://2.bp..com/-cBRd9XQinjM/ULSrE7s3x6I/AAAAAAABAlc/St0CjzxlBYQ/s400/gennewcov53.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-ZgJ_D9MX1e8/ULSrC5wYbDI/AAAAAAABAlU/y8TEo_2MZro/s400/..0.jpg[/img]
Looking fresh and young.
Who God has blessed ,no man can curse.Na God put her dere,no b man
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Standing5(m): 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2012

Na only Nigeria oyel dey? Or you just wan show mumuism for here and turn the floor to e-Tribal battle ground
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Standing5(m): 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2012

Na only Nigeria oyel dey? Or you just wan show mumuism for here and turn the floor to e-Tribal battle ground?
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
hmm...I "kinda" see your point there.

Baby mama:

To be honest with you I am actually elated that a woman owns part of the oil block in that country
I could have sworn it was mainly northern men and a few SW males and some token others controlling the thing
To know that a woman is out there with the guys prospering from our oil and looking stunning while doing it makes me happy.
Why should people crucify her?
People should leave her alone
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by abhosts(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
Congrats to her!!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by manny4life(m): 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
Wsdm: ... And religious bigotry.

Bless you my brother...
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
Is she the owner of the company or does it belong to her husband? That is all that we need to know. All this co-owning arrangement doesn't say much. If she's the vice chairman of the company, how then can it be said that she "owns" the oil bloc? Is her stake in the company worth $600? How much is her husband's stake worth, then?, and why is he not in the list of Africa's wealthiest men?

In that regard, I don't think she is worth anywhere near $600. . .and she is certainly not as rich as Hajia Bola Shagaya.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
I am so tempted to say she acquired that oil block with her pussy. Who dashed her the money or which bank consortium financed the purchase? Or she wants to tell nigerians, her fashion empir financed the purchase or IBB was flabagasted by her neat seams and just said "lady, have that oil block".

I'm so not impressed by her wealth, its so hard to find a clean nigerian business mogul to make a mentor because at that point where they become rich, the story goes dark. Thank goodness though that she is such a massive philanthropist.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
pro01: Is she the owner of the company or does it belong to her husband? That is all that we need to know. All this co-owning arrangement doesn't say much. If she's the vice chairman of the company, how then can it be said that she "owns" the oil bloc? Is her stake in the company worth $600? How much is her husband's stake worth, then?, and why is he not in the list of Africa's wealthiest men?

In that regard, I don't think she is worth anywhere near $600. . .and she is certainly not as rich as Hajia Bola Shagaya.

The sad truth is that for a woman to make it in business or politics in a place like Nigeria most of the time she she may have to compromise and put out to please the menfolk to get ahead if you know what I mean.
that is just the naked truth

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
pro01: Is she the owner of the company or does it belong to her husband? That is all that we need to know. All this co-owning arrangement doesn't say much. If she's the vice chairman of the company, how then can it be said that she "owns" the oil bloc? Is her stake in the company worth $600? How much is her husband's stake worth, then?, and why is he not in the list of Africa's wealthiest men?

Forbes work with very tangible assets of the person being evaluated, not speculation. They won't be the number one indexing body of wealth in the world if their work was based on speculation.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by PastorKun(m): 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
If this report is anything to go by, she can't be the richest woman in Africa as Cecilia Ibru who refunded $1.2billion to AMCON is still reported to be worth at least $3billion.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by solomon111(m): 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
KINGwax: ko ni da fun e! Talo ran popsy e nishe?
And stop claimin some fuckin oil...yo motherfuckers has every right to go into the business but yo chose to go into kidnapping and all stupid form of shameful profession.
Have we ever cried over dangotte scooping our limestone?
You're an idiott!!
shut the fucck up your moronn!
You think people actually care who owns the oil-block,especially when it is not affecting their life positively?
The only reason why i have misgivings about yorubas owning oil-blocks,is because of your ungrateful nature.
Everyday we keep on hearing lagos this,lagos that,fashola this,,fashola that,we build lagos since the 1900,and all kinds of BS.
The amount of money that some of these yoruba fraudsters make from the SS is more than whatever benefits other ethnics groups gain in moving to lagos,but then our yoruba hypocrites won't aknowledge it.
Ungrateful parasites.
Mscheww!

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
blink182: I am so tempted to say she acquired that oil block with her pussy. Who dashed her the money or which bank consortium financed the purchase? Or she wants to tell nigerians, her fashion empir financed the purchase or IBB was flabagasted by her neat seams and just said "lady, have that oil block".

I'm so not impressed by her wealth, its so hard to find a clean nigerian business mogul to make a mentor because at that point where they become rich, the story goes dark. Thank goodness though that she is such a massive philanthropist.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the news
That is just the way it is in Nigeria of course there must be exceptions to that rule

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Fight Between Legislators Is Not Only Happening In Nigeria (photo) / Benin Republic Invades Kwara, Nigeria Takes Over 16 Border Villages / OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gusau, Abdullahi Are Supporting Peter Obi - Sowore

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.