Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija (48486 Views)

Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed / Pictured: Africa's Richest Woman Folorunsho Alakija Visits Lagos Slum / Folorunsho Alakija's Source Of Wealth Busted By CNN Reporter, Christian Purefoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by miredia(m): 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
You seem very busy and quite successful, but do you ever find time to go into the kitchen?

Mrs Alakija : Absolutely! Just yesterday, I still cooked beans for my church fellowship members . I always cook when my husband is in the country. I’ve had cooks for years, but there’s always a difference when you add your own personal touch. At weekends, I cook. I also cook each time he’s arriving from his trips because he always prefers to eat from my own cooking at such times. Also, we eat together. I do believe that no matter her level of success, a woman must always remember that she must not depart from her kitchen.

To some my friends who are of the notion that in this century men should do a lot of cooking and cleaning because of busy schedules. My friends this is the richest I mean richest in africa and probably one of the busiest woman ever. Pls make reference to her last statement then u will understand the logic behind the sky-rocketing figure stats in divorce rates

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
KINGwax: ko ni da fun e! Talo ran popsy e nishe?
And stop claimin some fuckin oil...yo motherfuckers has every right to go into the business but yo chose to go into kidnapping and all stupid form of shameful profession.
Have we ever cried over dangotte scooping our limestone?
You're an idiott!!
Please show those bigots (SS-SE KIDNAPPERS) who the boss is
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
solomon111: shut the fucck up your moronn!
You think people actually care who owns the oil-block,especially when it is not affecting their life positively?
The only reason why i have misgivings about yorubas owning oil-blocks,is because of your ungrateful nature.
Everyday we keep on hearing lagos this,lagos that,fashola this,,fashola that,we build lagos since the 1900,and all kinds of BS.
The amount of money that some of these yoruba fraudsters make from the SS is more than whatever benefits other ethnics groups gain in moving to lagos,but then our yoruba hypocrites won't aknowledge it.
Ungrateful parasites.
Mscheww!
So make u go huge transformer then, or na SS get Lagos again, can't u guyz just go back and put ur house in order before claiming another mans land. LAGOS IS IN SOUTHWEST OWN BY THE YORUBAS AND YOU (KIDNAPPERS) CAN DO NOTHING TO CHANGE THAT, AND IS STILL THE FASTEST DEVELOPING CITY IN AFRICA.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by emmatok(m): 11:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
Some peeps don't know the amount of crude oil in the SW.
The amount generated from Ondo crude Oil alone is more than ABIA and IMO combined.

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by queensmith: 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
Does anyone know if she's related to the popular alakijas in London? *jusswondering*
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Baby mama: the husband is named Modupe grin grin grin grin
Is that not a woman's name shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Like a man answering Chinwe or Ifeoma

Calm down. Its a unisex name.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
baby_123: I find it irritating that people think she will have to do something to BUY the oil wells. When some of your fathers were still cruising palm wine tapper bicycle the Alakija's had money. What rubbish. She is an accomplished woman, deal with it or die. Abeg. Mtscheew!

@ the bolded - I just read about the Alakija family... They're part of the Afro-Brazilian(Amaros) slave returnees of Egba descent who built the old Lagos... Their name used to be Plasido - and they're old money... And they have been Aristocrats way before there was Nigeria - most of them attended Oxbridge(Oxford and Cambridge university)... Very interesting background and story... I'll ask my pops about the family...

Ignore the haters...

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nightshift(m): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2012
Baba_O: [/b]
shut the fu.*k and stop saying what you dont know you this m.oron
Seems pissed off because Babangida could have helped get her the oil blocks? Your irrational thoughts show who you are, Oba of Lagos!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by VirginFinder: 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2012
I'm proud of this woman.

I'm proud to be Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Godogwu: 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2012
SELFWORTH: Interesting . Her face looks a different colour to her hand.

How did she manage to buy and own a oil bloc? They aren't exactly available at Tejuosho market ?

All these wealth? What can you do with it all ? You enter the world empty handed and leave empty handed .

Not impressed . I won't exactly call her a self-made millionaire .

Shut the f u c k up ..... Broke a s s ode!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A YORUBA... Yoruboid
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
victorD3:

Your are insane

Her oilfields are even off Lagos coastline.

Now Igbos go and kill yourselves

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by COOLDUN: 11:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
ikachi1:

And according to information I gathered, the SS and the SE repatriate over 4 billion naira weekly to their parent churches in Lagos area through tithes and offerings mostly with Pentecostal churches. That amounts to 16 billion monthly. Talk of exploitation of the highest order. I de laugh!

So David Oyedepo, Mathew Ajiboye, TB Joshua, WF Kumuyi, and other SW messiahs are now from the SS and SE?
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
COOLDUN:

So David Oyedepo, Mathew Ajiboye, TB Joshua, WF Kumuyi, and other SW messiahs are now from the SS and SE?
Nope the likes of Chris Okotie, Chris Oyakhilome etc
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by CohenJane: 11:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
Mavor: Amen ooo!!! Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop. This country is headed for a revolution sooner than anyone thinks. Gonna make the Arab Spring look like child's play.

in your dreams. Lazy insolent people. Ode oshi
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
Forbes rated her wealth based entirely on the oil block and its proceeds, yet some people are trying to rationalise it by talking about some obscure Alakija Family's "old money".

In any case, is this woman an Alakija by birth or by marriage? If by marriage, then does the wealth belong to her or her husband? If it belongs to her husband, then how would she be rated as the richest woman in Africa? Whose 'efforts' or 'connections' earned the oil block - her's or her husband's?

The Fact remains that this level of wealth has all to do with the oil block and little or nothing to do with any supposed "old money", so don't go talking about "haters" until you address the question of how she (and/or her husband) came into possession of the oil block.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by baby124: 11:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
pro01: Forbes rated her wealth based entirely on the oil block and its proceeds, yet some people are trying to rationalise it by talking about some obscure Alakija Family's "old money".

In any case, is this woman an Alakija by birth or by marriage? If by marriage, then does the wealth belong to her or her husband? If it belongs to her husband, then how would she be rated as the richest woman in Africa? Whose 'efforts' or 'connections' earned the oil block - her's or her husband's?

The Fact remains that this level of wealth has all to do with the oil block and little or nothing to do with any supposed "old money", so don't go talking about "haters" until you address the question of how she (and/or her husband) came into possession of the oil block.

This thing pain you sha. you are so desperate and angry, you cannot read that she is the VICE CHAIRMAN! DUHHHH!!! Oponu, malu. Go and collect something they rightly own na. As if na your papa land e dey. Dem born you?

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by VirginFinder: 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
ibos again?

When will you ibos grow up and stop playing catch up with and being envious and jealous of yorubas?

We are not your mates.

I believe God made it that way.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by ebere1712: 11:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
Oil money!!! They have shared the money of my niger delta brothers grin It is now time for owambe to the max. Some idiots are talking about fashion; who are you tyring to confuse. Oh wait it is yoroslaves again cheesy
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
baby_123:

This thing pain you sha. you are so desperate and angry, you cannot read that she is the VICE CHAIRMAN! DUHHHH!!! Oponu, malu. Go and collect something they rightly own na. As if na your papa land e dey. Dem born you?

Lolllll. cheesy Abeg no mind them.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
How can you question how she got the oil block when she has never been a politician, worked in the public service, nor held any political post? If you want to go down that route, maybe you should question how the multinationals got their oil blocks as well... Question Dangote's source of limestone and his wealth... And question all the rich people in Nigeria that made their money in that country... We might make it a global thing and ask the Rothschilds and Rockefellers how they got their wealth as well... I bet if Deinde Fernandez had made his money in Nigeria, you guys will also question the source of his wealth smh...

Oil blocks are there for sale and you can buy one as long as you're connected, and have the right links...

Old money is old money and the family has always been rich...

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:01am On Nov 28, 2012
onila: Mrs Folorunsho Alakija used to be a designer back in the day, don't know if she still is. I modeled for her Rose of Sharon label for many years and she was such an incredibly pleasant woman to work with. Yes, I'm claiming...haha!

Anyway, she went into the oil business many years back; she has an oil bloc that pulls in N157 million a day. Yes, you read right! She is the Vice Chairman of Famfa Oil and Gas limited and has emerged the richest woman in Africa according to Forbes November 2012 edition, with a net worth of $600million, which is about N94 billion.

The 61 year old former FADAN president is married and has four boys

Only God knows who she had to really really please to get the oil block.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:02am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx: How can you question how she got the oil block when she has never been a politician, worked in the public service, nor held any political post? If you want to go down that route, maybe you should question how the multinationals got their oil blocks as well... Question Dangote's source of limestone and his wealth... And question all the rich people in Nigeria that made their money in that country... We might make it a global thing and ask the Rothschilds and Rockefellers how they got their wealth as well... I bet if Deinde Fernandez had made his money in Nigeria, you guys will also question the source of his wealth smh...

Oil blocks are there for sale and you can buy one as long as you're connected, and have the right links...

Old money is old money and the family has always been rich...

Explain to us how you get an oil block in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:04am On Nov 28, 2012
pro01: Forbes rated her wealth based entirely on the oil block and its proceeds, yet some people are trying to rationalise it by talking about some obscure Alakija Family's "old money".

Well said!

I am thinking her jaws are good.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by tunapawizzy: 12:09am On Nov 28, 2012
And while some r arguing about d source of her wealth n stupidly complaining about something they wish their fathers had access....chevron dun explore today own o...multimillion dun enter alakija account again. Dey dere dey hate like mumu when u can learn from her acumen n prevent ur own kids from dis miserable tribalistic life u r living.

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 28, 2012
Average Nigerian:

Oh she's rich, so she must be doing something dodgy...

How about do a background check and get a full understanding on why she's rich, huh??

Also check why she's so connected in high places, huh??

She's a socialite with a high business IQ and she got rich through her links...

Can South South people drink their oil? - Absolutely not...

Obviously, they have to sell the oil blocks to people and she bought one for herself!

Your thieving politicians with cheese fat bellies are there looting the country blind, you won't say nothing about them... However, you go around chasing shadows, crying about smart business men and women getting paid smh...

FYI - someone from their family tree co-founded the masonic thing in Nigeria... So, you should understand why the family is so connected...

I bet that's how you lot are going to start chasing me around when I come over to get paid in that country, no?? Fvck that shyte, I'll blow your heads off with a sawed-off shotgun... grin
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:

Explain to us how you get an oil block in Nigeria.

Maybe, you should check how multinationals get oil blocks and come back to me with your answer...
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:15am On Nov 28, 2012
acidosis™:

So, how did you venture into the oil and gas industry?

Mrs Alakiji : In the 1990s, in the course of my discussion with a friend whom I was designing clothes for, my family and I got involved in a deal to.purchase an oil field. After three years, we were allocated an oil bloc which.nobody wanted at that time because it was deep offshore, over 1,500 meters deep and very expensive to explore at that time. We were approached by Texaco late in 1996, and, after three months daily negotiation, we signed on the dotted lines. Chevron took over Texaco after a few years, but, to the glory of God, we actually stocked oil in commercial quantity, and we were told that the oil had been collecting in there for 17million years, and then we just considered ourselves very lucky. That was how FAMFA Oil was born. I and my husband and our four sons are all heavily involved in the business.
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/i-moved-out-of-the-crowd-to-get-it-right-mrs-alakija/

Really? grin grin grin

Who is she fooling? grin grin grin grin

No one wanted the oil block? grin

As in really? grin grin grin grin grin

People/companies that are experienced in that industry and with lots of expert advisers that will know technology can improve over the years, and consequentially make any deep exploration less expensive, were not interested? grin

As in really? grin

So she was the only one "interested" so she got it in 1993/4/5 and all of a sudden, WAKABAM, it became bloc of interest of a leading multinational in 1996? grin

The water got less deep during that period? grin

Tell that lie to mugus! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by lafuria1(m): 12:17am On Nov 28, 2012
when pple can't explain an issue, they result to insult and brand you hater, envy etc. he who has something to say doesnt fight. the tribal fighting is fun to view sometimes...

she is the richest woman right? thats ok. least of my problems. grin
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:19am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx:

Maybe, you should check how multinationals get oil blocks and come back to me with your answer...

Oh, now she is a multinational?

Please educate me how Alakija Multinational get oil blocs.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 28, 2012
Oil blocks are always there for sale...

Register a company and bid for them...

If you know the right people and have enough money to spend, you can get one...

Don't blame the woman, blame the system...

At the end of the day, the money stays in Nigeria with an indigenous company...

How about critique multinationals for stealing your oil free-of-charge? Shell, Chevron, Agip et al have been raping you since oil was discovered in Nigeria, yet you won't cry about that... They don't even pay tax in your freaking country - they make the money there and take it out of the damn country!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo's Wife Comes For President Buhari In A New Controversial Post..see / President Buhari Celebrates His 80th Birthday Party In Washington DC (Photos) / Fight Between Legislators Is Not Only Happening In Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.