Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija (48487 Views)

Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed / Pictured: Africa's Richest Woman Folorunsho Alakija Visits Lagos Slum / Folorunsho Alakija's Source Of Wealth Busted By CNN Reporter, Christian Purefoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
Pastor Kun: If this report is anything to go by, she can't be the richest woman in Africa as Cecilia Ibru who refunded $1.2billion to AMCON is still reported to be worth at least $3billion.
her wealth is illegal, therefore can not be evaluated. If such were permitted, Miriam Abacha or Patience Jonathan should top the list and the richest man in the world should be Ghadaffi.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2012
How does one get "allocated" an oil block? Just like that? shocked

Anyways, in those good old days there were lots of "Ignorant Folks" and very few "Red-Eye Hustlers" - Grabbed all the good stuff.

These days, too much competition and "Awareness".
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
Baby mama:

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the news
That is just the way it is in Nigeria
how else if not that. Do these thieves that shared like its theirs even know how to run a business of that magnitude?

61 and see how pretty she is, just imagine her appearance when she received the oil block. Who wouldn't want to hit that and why wouldn't she oblige for such a huge pay-off.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by PeterKbaba: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
The company, Famfa Limited was incorporated in September 1991. Famfa was awarded the leasehold rights to OPL 216 on August 10, 1993. In February 1996, the name was changed to Famfa Oil Limited with the vision to be the leading indigineous oil and gas exploration and production company in Nigeria. The block is located approximately 220 miles South East of lagos and 70 miles offfshore Nigeria in the central Niger Delta.

To facilitate the exploration and production activities, the company entered into a Farm-in agreement with StarDeep Water Petroleum Limited a subsidiary of Chevron Texaco Inc in 1996 as technical advisor. On May 11, 1998, a portion of Star's interest was assigned to Petroleo Brasileiro Nigeria Limited ("BrasPetro"wink.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Horus(m): 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
Horus:

Folorunso Alakija

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=36_37__EVENT__24_07__2011_523620906.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Folorunso Alakija with husband

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Her husband or her father. shocked

[size=18pt]Isn't she sharing the oil wealth with her hubby
E be like say the man no get teeth sef,she no fit buy am dentures?
See them both,his lace sef dey like inferior quality
" bend down select"
Gosh!
Are my eyes going bad?
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by barikono(m): 9:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
Passing by
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by AK461(m): 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
chosen04: she has an oil bloc that pulls in N157 million a day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SW peeps robbing the natural resources of SS people and not contributing a kobo to their "host upkeep"

Have you heard of Agbami field offshore Ondo state that produces upto 300,000 barrels per day. It's operated by Star Deepwater (Chevron). That is the oil-bloc where Famfa owns 5% stake and earns them that amount. you should be worried about chevron earning 19 times more on a daily basis. Google and read about it. Not everything "oyel" in Nigeria is from the SS. Read... Read... Read...before you talk in public

17 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Dede1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 27, 2012

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SW peeps robbing the natural resources of SS people and not contributing a kobo to their "host upkeep"

They contributed through siding with northerners to prosecute the war against Biafra. I guess the crude oil block came to Mrs. Alakija through northern connections.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by stupor(m): 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
She hawt and still se.xy !

We all gats Get rich or die trying !

Marney goood !

Nice one ma'am.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Horus(m): 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
Baby mama:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Her husband or her father. shocked

[size=18pt]Isn't she sharing the oil wealth with her hubby
E be like say the man no get teeth sef,she no fit buy am dentures?
See them both,his lace sef dey like inferior quality
" bend down select"
Gosh!
Are my eyes going bad?
[/size]

Husband, here http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/index.php?news=13367&output_type=txt&output_type=txt
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Horus(m): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Navalsadiq(m): 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
Nightshift: Between mid 80s and early 90s Mrs Alakija was very popular among Lagos yuppies. She was then heading 'Supreme Stitches', known for designing flashy wears for Nigerian elites like Miriam Babangida, Shina Peters and the Abiolas. In 1990 or 1991 she won the Nigerian Designer Award. I liked her first name but i never pronounced it correctly like the Yorubas. I think she used her connections to Babangidas to get into oil business. Congratulations, designer!!
shola atere reporting for nta news
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
the husband is named Modupe grin grin grin grin
Is that not a woman's name shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Like a man answering Chinwe or Ifeoma

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by justman29(m): 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
hmmn... I reserve my comment
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by purplekayc(m): 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
Just checked forbes oo all leading wealthy african women mostly south africans
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by OneNaira6: 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
vanessa_ra: How does one acquire an oil block? Need to change career fast

Steal it while the indigenous cry. That's how you acquire oil blocks
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by MegaMan2020: 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
Beautiful Yoruba woman. Shame Igbos have to show their jealousy once again. Filthy cannibals.

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by 5columnist: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2012

Both of you shut up..Her bloc is in Atlas Cove; lagos offshore, Chevron producing field. You guys are busy killing youselves, while souther westerners are harnessing their wealth for common purpose. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nightshift(m): 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
Naval sadiq: shola atere reporting for nta news
Not quite, but i know a lot about Lagos yuppies during the rise of Allen Avenue powerbrokers; when Fela Kuti, Shina Peters and 'Mr Bubble' Adewale Ayuba were ruling Lagos airwaves. I didn't get it from 'Ikebe Super' either....
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by mpmp: 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
Anyway, she went into the oil business many years back; she has an oil bloc that pulls in N157 million a day.

Please how can she just "have an oil bloc".

Is there a government organization that awards these oil blocs? based on what criteria?

info is needed please.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
WHAT IS THIS MONSTERESS DOING FOR THESE PEOPLE:

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by deolumike(m): 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
shymexx: That's a strong black woman and a go-getter - and she isn't a feminist.... wink

That's the kind of woman I rate highly; cultured, strong, driven, and family oriented - salute! kiss
. On point bro, rare kind among the female folk. Without as much wealth, she'd still be a gem. No fake attitude. I respect that.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2012

E no go better 4 all of una wey support this fool, and 4 ur info crude oil has been discovered in several part of the SW, the fact still you guyz are 'ILLITERATE' she made her money from 'Off shore oil bloc' so wake up from ur slumber and tribalist thought... Fu*cking Fools (kidnappers)
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
Baby mama:

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the news
That is just the way it is in Nigeria of course there must be exceptions to that rule

Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to that rule. . .not in Nigeria.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Ellashow: 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
Everything here shouldn't be about tribal war!
I dnt knw why some people's mind is full of hates and jealousy especially when seeing other people's achievements 2 d extend of publicly displaying their ignorance...

Abeg God, pls giv me a sweetest dream dat will transform 2 reality
I reserve my data bundle till 2morrow***gudnite peeps****
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by BabaO2: 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
Nightshift: Between mid 80s and early 90s Mrs Alakija was very popular among Lagos yuppies. She was then heading 'Supreme Stitches', known for designing flashy wears for Nigerian elites like Miriam Babangida, Shina Peters and the Abiolas. In 1990 or 1991 she won the Nigerian Designer Award. I liked her first name but i never pronounced it correctly like the Yorubas. I think she used her connections to Babangidas to get into oil business. Congratulations, designer!!

shut the fu.*k and stop saying what you dont know you this m.oron
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by victorD3: 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Most likely her blocs are offshore which according to the Law regarding Onshore/offshore dichotomy belongs to the FG

Your are insane
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by victorD3: 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
Leystra:
E no go better 4 all of una wey support this fool, and 4 ur info crude oil has been discovered in several part of the SW, so wake up from ur slumber and tribalist thought... Fu*cking Fools (kidnappers)

Wonders shall never end! A proud parasite .smh
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by yuzedo: 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
"Stooping to conquer".

This woman must have "held" many presidential, ministerial and gubernatorial tables to earn/win that oil bloc.......... If you know what I mean.. grin wink
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
victorD3:

Wonders shall never end! A proud parasite .smh
Oops! It shows the level of ur mentality...
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by baby124: 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
I find it irritating that people think she will have to do something to BUY the oil wells. When some of your fathers were still cruising palm wine tapper bicycle the Alakija's had money. What rubbish. She is an accomplished woman, deal with it or die. Abeg. Mtscheew!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

President Buhari Celebrates His 80th Birthday Party In Washington DC (Photos) / Fight Between Legislators Is Not Only Happening In Nigeria (photo) / Benin Republic Invades Kwara, Nigeria Takes Over 16 Border Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.