Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija (48531 Views)

Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed / Pictured: Africa's Richest Woman Folorunsho Alakija Visits Lagos Slum / Folorunsho Alakija's Source Of Wealth Busted By CNN Reporter, Christian Purefoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Ikwerefistson: 12:21am On Nov 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Most likely her blocs are offshore which according to the Law regarding Onshore/offshore dichotomy belongs to the FG
se afternun tief.ole
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by slimderek(m): 12:21am On Nov 28, 2012
She doesn't look 61
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:21am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx: Average Nigerian:

Oh she's rich, so she must be doing something dodgy...

How about do a background check and get a full understanding on why she's rich, huh??

Also check why she's so connected in high places, huh??

She's a socialite with a high business IQ and she got rich through her links...

Can South South people drink their oil? - Absolutely not...

Obviously, they have to sell the oil blocks to people and she bought one for herself!

Your thieving politicians with cheese fat bellies are there looting the country blind, you won't say nothing about them... However, you go around chasing shadows, crying about smart business men and women getting paid smh...

FYI - someone from their family tree co-founded the masonic thing in Nigeria... So, you should understand why the family is so connected...

I bet that's how you lot are going to start chasing me around when I come over to get paid in that country, no?? Fvck that shyte, I'll blow your heads off with a sawed-off shotgun... grin

Explain to me what is "smart" about getting involved in uncompetitive bidding organised by corrupt governments.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by yankidelta(m): 12:22am On Nov 28, 2012
onila: cry cry cry sad eh

Now that the South south has been given far greater autonomy over its oil resources have we seen remarked improvement that can be justified?

As for me am praying we start practising true federalism so that U̶̲̥̅̊ guys can have all the oil and the other regions can use their BRAINS to develop.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:22am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx: Oil blocks are always there for sale...

Register a company and bid for them...

If you know the right people and have enough money to spend, you can get one...

Don't blame the woman, blame the system...

At the end of the day, the money stays in Nigeria with an indigenous company...

How about critique multinationals for stealing your oil free-of-charge? Shell, Chevron, Agip et al have been raping you since oil was discovered in Nigeria, yet you won't cry about that... They don't even pay tax in your freaking country - they make the money there and take it out of the damn country!

So you know it is a corrupt system and she dabbled and exploited the system?
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by tunapawizzy: 12:23am On Nov 28, 2012
Ejemu1:
Just one oil block Sure deziani will beat the record. grin
U call oil bloc JUST? U need to knw more. Google is ur friend though
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:

Explain to me what is "smart" about getting involved in uncompetitive bidding organised by corrupt governments.

Competitive or uncompetitive - you have to be shrewd to be a successful business man or woman...

She probably saw a loophole in the system and used it to the best of her advantage(that's where the smartness comes-into-play) - how's that her fault??

If she didn't buy the oil block, someone else would've bought it, anyway...

So, don't crucify the woman, crucify the corrupt system...
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:27am On Nov 28, 2012
elewedu: oil bloc + babangida + abacha............celebrating this kind is hypocrisy. abi na hw come get money take get oil bloc

No min dem!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:

So you know it is a corrupt system and she dabbled and exploited the system?

That's how business works, to be honest... Find a loophole and exploit it...

That was how the Rothschilds and Rockerfellers also got rich....
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 28, 2012
At the end of the day, she didn't get the oil block for free like your thieving politicians - she paid for it...

So, everything else is nonsense!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:31am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx:

Competitive or uncompetitive - you have to be shrewd to be a successful business man or woman...

She probably saw a loophole in the system and used it to the best of her advantage(that's where the smartness comes-into-play) - how's that her fault??

If she didn't buy the oil block, someone else would've bought it, anyway...

So, don't crucify the woman, crucify the corrupt system...

In your dumb world that is what you call shrewd!

In my world, we call it dishonourable or corrupt.

I am not going to crucify her, but by no means will I hip praise on her because of my high intellect.

If I heard she was worth $12m dollars from her Fashion design business I would have respected her far more than when I hear she is worth hundreds of millions she obtained unscrupulously.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx:

That's how business works, to be honest... Find a loophole and exploit it...

That was how the Rothschilds and Rockerfellers also got rich....

Some of you are very pathetic
I hope you will repeat this line when the perpetrator is from another tribe?
Na wa for una o
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:33am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx: At the end of the day, she didn't get the oil block for free like your thieving politicians - she paid for it...

So, everything else is nonsense!

And who told your dumb arsee the politicians don't pay for the oil blocks?

THEY PAY!

They pay peanuts like she probably paid to get a lucrative plot at fractions of its true value at the detriment of the nation.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:35am On Nov 28, 2012
mko abiola:
Looking fresh and young.
Who God has blessed ,no man can curse.Na God put her dere,no b man

Dumbarse, so God supports corruption now?
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:
In your dumb world that is what you call shrewd!

In my world, we call it dishonourable or corrupt.

I am not going to crucify her, but by no means will I hip praise on her because of my high intellect.

If I head she was worth $12m dollars from her Fashion design business I would have respected her far more than when I hear she is worth hundreds of millions she obtained unscrupulously.

That's pretty dumb and stupid coming from someone who's stuck on kissing multinationals' bum all over the forum...

What's different in what she did and what all the multinationals in Nigeria are doing? - albeit she still pays taxes in the same country, but multinationals on the other hand don't pay a dime!!

You and high intellect should never be in the same sentence and like I told you in the past, my little 10 years old cousin is more intelligent than you'll ever be...

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:36am On Nov 28, 2012
blink182: I am so tempted to say she acquired that oil block with her pussy. Who dashed her the money or which bank consortium financed the purchase? Or she wants to tell nigerians, her fashion empir financed the purchase or IBB was flabagasted by her neat seams and just said "lady, have that oil block".

I'm so not impressed by her wealth, its so hard to find a clean nigerian business mogul to make a mentor because at that point where they become rich, the story goes dark. Thank goodness though that she is such a massive philanthropist.

Abi o!

What expertise did she bring to the table to get an oil bloc?

I am sure the expertise is not a business one.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 28, 2012
Baby mama:

Some of you are very pathetic
I hope you will repeat this line when the perpetrator is from another tribe?
Na wa for una o

What has tribe got to do with this? - Are the Rothschild and Rockefeller family from Nigeria? angry angry
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:
And who told your dumb arsee the politicians don't pay for the oil blocks?

THEY PAY!

They pay peanuts like she probably paid to get a lucrative plot at fractions of its true value at the detriment of the nation.

How much did Danjuma et al pay for theirs?

Didn't he say he got his oil blocks for free?? angry angry
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:39am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx:

That's pretty dumb and stupid coming from someone who's stuck on kissing multinationals' bum all over the forum...

What's different in what she did and what all the multinationals in Nigeria are doing? - albeit she still pays taxes in the same country, but multinationals on the other hand don't pay a dime!!

You and high intellect should never be in the same sentence and like I told you in the past, my little 10 years old cousin is more intelligent than you'll ever be...

You are a person!

Who did you see stuck on kissing multinationals' bum?

You cretinous daft arsse just realised you are dumb and switched to conjectures?

person, calling people that dabble in corruption smart business people.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:41am On Nov 28, 2012
blink182: how else if not that. Do these thieves that shared like its theirs even know how to run a business of that magnitude?

61 and see how pretty she is, just imagine her appearance when she received the oil block. Who wouldn't want to hit that and why wouldn't she oblige for such a huge pay-off.

You are a true detective. grin
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:44am On Nov 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
WHAT IS THIS MONSTERESS DOING FOR THESE PEOPLE:

This is what happens when Shymexxx's glorious shrewd business people participate in corruption and rip off the nation.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:
You are a person!

Who did you see stuck on kissing multinationals' bum?

You cretinous daft arsse just realised you are dumb and switched to conjectures?

person, calling people that dabble in corruption smart business people.

How many times have you kissed Shell's bum on this forum during oil spillage? Those thieving imperialists don't even pay taxes in the country and they steal most of the oil for free...

And tell me one multi-billionaire that isn't shrewd - even Steve Jobs was a freaking thief... Bill Gates is one of the biggest thieves of all time... Yet you praise them everyday all over the forum - you're pathetic!! As long as your business is legit - you're good!

She paid for the damn thing - let her be!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:

This is what happens when Shymexxx's glorious shrewd business people participate in corruption and rip off the nation.

Is she responsible for that? - you have always been super dumb and loud, anyway - not surprised!

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:50am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx:

Is she responsible for that? - you have always been super dumb and loud, anyway - not surprised!

You are a person!

Even if she is not responsible, we still have to lecture fucktards like you to stop praising her as someone that has business acumen.

Cretins like you that think they are educated are the types of fucktards that spoil societies with your moronic opinions.

Volunteer to have your rights to vote relinquished!

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:51am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx:

How many times have you kissed Shell's bum on this forum during oil spillage? Those thieving imperialists don't even pay taxes in the country and they steal most of the oil for free...

And tell me one multi-billionaire that isn't shrewd - even Steve Jobs was a freaking thief... Bill Gates is one of the biggest thieves of all time... Yet you praise them everyday all over the forum - you're pathetic!! As long as your business is legit - you're good!

She paid for the damn thing - let her be!

You are a person!

Show us the thread where I supported Shell on oil spillage, cretin!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 28, 2012
Some of your Nigerians need to step up your brain cells and stop chasing shadows everywhere like lunatics...

The system is corrupt, fight the system, and stop disturbing normal people who have never been involved with the looting in the system...

The Chaudhry family made billions of dollars from Nigeria off free oil blocks given to them by your politicians - I don't see you lot crying about those freaking Lebanese pricks... They're still out there buying out the damn country whilst spending big on American politicians!

She paid for it - let her be!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:57am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx: Some of your Nigerians need to step up your brain cells and stop chasing shadows everywhere like lunatics...

The system is corrupt, fight the system, and stop disturbing normal people who have never been involved with the looting in the system...

The Chaudhry family made billions of dollars from Nigeria off free oil blocks given to them by your politicians - I don't see you lot crying about those freaking Lebanese pricks... They're still out there buying out the damn country whilst spending big on American politicians!

She paid for it - let her be!

Typical rants of an illiterate person!

"See that person did worse, I don't see you condemning him/her (conjectural, idiotic lie), so don't condemn this one".
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:
You are a person!

Even if she is not responsible, we still have to lecture fucktards like you to stop praising her as someone that has business acumen.

Cretins like you that think they are educated are the types of fucktards that spoil societies with your moronic opinions.

Volunteer to have your rights to vote relinquished!

How's she involved? Is she a politician, held a post in the government, or worked in the civil service??

Your country is a pseudo-capitalist country and the system is very flawed and utterly corrupt - fight the system, not smart people getting money...

Deinde Fernandez and Kase lawal did the same thing in Angola, are they also to be blamed for the poverty in that country?? John Fashanu did the same thing in Gabon, is he the cause of the poverty in Gabon??
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:
You are a person!

Show us the thread where I supported Shell on oil spillage, cretin!

I don't have time to read your idiotic rants, pillock...

You'll definitely show up on another thread before the end of the month to kiss multinationals' bum like you always do, you homoerotic prick!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 28, 2012
Sagamite:
Typical rants of an illiterate person!

"See that person did worse, I don't see you condemning him/her (conjectural, idiotic lie), so don't condemn this one".

Nah, typical reasoning from someone who understands how business works...

As long as she paid for the damn thing and went through the normal procedures, there's absolutely nothing wrong in what she did...

If you have got complaints, take that crap to the system...

I'd rather see indigenous companies bid for oil blocks, win, and pay for them - than see freaking multinationals and Lebanese pricks get the same shyte for free without paying taxes!!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 1:07am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx:

How's she involved? Is she a politician, held a post in the government, or worked in the civil service??

Your country is a pseudo-capitalist country and the system is very flawed and utterly corrupt - fight the system, not smart people getting money...

Deinde Fernandez and Kase lawal did the same thing in Angola, are they also to be blamed for the poverty in that country?? John Fashanu did the same thing in Gabon, is he the cause of the poverty in Gabon??

You are a person!

So you have to be working in public service to engage in corruption in Nigeria?

Cretin! Product of a failed education.

shymexx:

I don't have time to read your idiotic rants, pillock...

You'll definitely show up on another thread before the end of the month to kiss multinationals' bum like you always do, you homoerotic prick!

You are a person!

It is me you want to use moronic conjectures to debate with?
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 1:08am On Nov 28, 2012
shymexx:

Nah, typical reasoning from someone who understands how business works...

As long as she paid for the damn thing and went through the normal procedures, there's absolutely nothing wrong in what she did...

If you have got complaints, take that crap to the system...

I'd rather see indigenous companies bid for oil blocks, win, and pay for them - than see freaking multinationals and Lebanese pricks get the same shyte for free without paying taxes!!

You are a person!

Saying B is doing worse is how you demonstrate your understanding of how business works?

Product of a failed education!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Hoodlums, Residents Invade Warehouse In Osun, Loot COVID-19 Palliatives / Maina Breaks Down As Court Remands Him In Kuje Prison / Buhari Campaigns In Anambra Today (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.