Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija (48488 Views)

Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed / Pictured: Africa's Richest Woman Folorunsho Alakija Visits Lagos Slum / Folorunsho Alakija's Source Of Wealth Busted By CNN Reporter, Christian Purefoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:26am On Dec 20, 2012
Pataki:

Intellectual king kong of sagamu, how do you define a nation's wealth? Since in your glorified stewpeedity, the UK is your alfa and omega.

I asked you to explain how you judged Nigeria was as welathy as the UK. So your cretinous arsse should feel free to explain what your understanding of wealth is, foool! grin

Stop running! grin
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 20, 2012
Sagamite:

b am very arrogant, sweetie.

I am a God, so I am entitled to arrogance.

Nigeria is one of the poorest countries, several layers below industrialised countries.
. Nigeria isn't poor but has a poor dead leadership system. What kind of mentality is that ( @ d bolded)
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:36am On Dec 20, 2012
Vanneni: . Nigeria isn't poor but has a poor dead leadership system. What kind of mentality is that ( @ d bolded)

Nigeria isn't poor is a different argument from Nigeria is as wealthy as UK.

Superiority mentality. cheesy
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:36am On Dec 20, 2012
wonlasewonimi:

Guy go and sleep!

I am not going to sleep until I eat this moronic suya. grin
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 20, 2012
debosky: I've found some additional information.. . . . .

In essence, the block she obtained was allocated under this 'discretionary' programme to encourage local participation - make of that what you will. A lot of companies that received allocations at the same time are still not producing as yet, which is testament partly to her acumen in getting bigger players involved, and partly due to luck that the block she did get allocated turned out to hold 600m barrels of oil.

Great stuff - that was my line of argument....

Sagamite

Please, give it a rest now - you have deviated from the topic, bro.. undecided
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:39am On Dec 20, 2012
hypeman:

Great stuff - that was my line of argument....

Sagamite

Please, give it a rest now - you have deviated from the topic, bro.. undecided

Oya, let me just finish this moronic pataki, abeg. Only that one remain. cheesy
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by wonlasewonimi: 12:41am On Dec 20, 2012
Sagamite:

I am not going to sleep until I eat this moronic suya. grin

Seriously, I don't think you can match him in any intellectual discourse. All you would resort to is calling him person and cretin.. so go to bed!
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Sagamite(m): 12:42am On Dec 20, 2012
wonlasewonimi:

Seriously, I don't think you can match him in any intellectual discourse. All you would resort to is calling him person and cretin.. so go to bed!

You think so?

Then beg him to tell us how he came to the conclusion Nigeria is as wealthy as the UK.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Pataki: 12:43am On Dec 20, 2012
I am going to be civil with you this once.

Sagamite, give us your definition of a nation's wealth? Using the UK as an example.

(Now lets see whether you can complete a simple post without 'cretin' or 'person'). cheesy
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 20, 2012
Sagamite:

Oya, let me just finish this moronic pataki, abeg. Only that one remain. cheesy

Alright, bro...

I'll be on here chirpsing Vanneni... wink grin

@Vanneni

Hiya babes, are you the one on your profile??
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 20, 2012
Lmao. . .nothing wey I no go see

Buncha senile supercentaranian dolts reliving their denarian years.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by manny4life(m): 12:46am On Dec 20, 2012
If I may add, according to a U.N. def of "wealth" - At the most general level, economists may define wealth as "anything of value" which captures both the subjective nature of the idea and the idea that it is not a fixed or static concept.

The United Nations definition of inclusive wealth is a monetary measure which includes the sum of natural, human and physical assets.[5][6] Natural capital includes land, forests, fossil fuels, and minerals. Human capital is the population's education and skills. Physical (or "manufactured"wink capital includes such things as machinery, buildings, and infrastructure. Ref - wikipedia def on "Wealth"

Going by this, Nigeria is though wealthy on Natural resource and perhaps coming up in Human capital (if you don't add capital in other countries), BUT, we're lagging behind in Physical or manufacturing. Manufacturing represent less than 4% of our GDP, nonetheless, we still have other natural resource in abundance.
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Pataki: 12:46am On Dec 20, 2012
A Nigerian living and working in Nigeria has been named as the richest black woman globally.

Now, can Sagamite kindly educate us, what is the definition of a nation's wealth?
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 20, 2012
OMO IBO: Lmao. . .nothing wey I no go see

Buncha senile supercentaranian dolts reliving their denarian years.

Why do you lot love using words you don't understand?? undecided undecided

Stop it bro. undecided
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 20, 2012
manny4life: If I may add, according to a U.N. def of "wealth" - At the most general level, economists may define wealth as "anything of value" which captures both the subjective nature of the idea and the idea that it is not a fixed or static concept.

The United Nations definition of inclusive wealth is a monetary measure which includes the sum of natural, human and physical assets.[5][6] Natural capital includes land, forests, fossil fuels, and minerals. Human capital is the population's education and skills. Physical (or "manufactured"wink capital includes such things as machinery, buildings, and infrastructure. Ref - wikipedia def on "Wealth"

Going by this, Nigeria is though wealthy on Natural resource and perhaps coming up in Human capital (if you don't add capital in other countries), BUT, we're lagging behind in Physical or manufacturing. Manufacturing represent less than 4% of our GDP, nonetheless, we still have other natural resource in abundance.

Great stuff - however, you need to include the people living in the country vis-a-vis how they generate/acquire wealth...

So, the UK is definitely not on the same level as Nigeria - Nigeria is still a poor country...
Re: Africa's Richest Woman - Nigerian Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 20, 2012
Sagamite:

Nigeria isn't poor is a different argument from Nigeria is as wealthy as UK.

Superiority mentality. cheesy
I don't know about that and I'm not even interested in knowing. I'm tired of the dead system in Nigeria but it's still my country. Your superiority complex is as a result of...? I'd like to know those achievments. Having a foreign passport

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo's Wife Comes For President Buhari In A New Controversial Post..see / President Buhari Celebrates His 80th Birthday Party In Washington DC (Photos) / Fight Between Legislators Is Not Only Happening In Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.